• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Muromi-san 06
I don't really understand what happened or why it should have been interesting.

Syrinx

Oh man, if you think it's messed up now....

6f6.gif

I don't recall saying the show was messed up, just that jumping headfirst into such a responsibility without much/any thought is dumb.

Those labyrinths can get pretty freaky though.

Narag

I don't recall saying the show was messed up, just that jumping headfirst into such a responsibility without much/any thought is dumb.

Those labyrinths can get pretty freaky though.

This is why you should prioritize it before the wink wink nudge nudge stuff gets too far.

AKB0048 - 13

DAT UGLY CG

DAT
UGLY
CG

No i'm not talking abouit the girls and the concert but everything else!
And i love how they used a deus ex machina "power of feelign,power of regrets , power of songs" AKA "power of kirara !" to vanquish evil !
I trully wasn't ready.

DAT RADIANCE
Drama is over ! Friendship won ! the concert was gorgeous !
Code:
SO this is entertainment !
You bet !
I wish every concert was full or robots , explosions and idols flying all over the place !

Final impressions :
It was a fine anime.Will watch the "next stage" later however.
I'm near my limit in term of idols show.
Still AKB0048 was not what i expected it to be.
The cg was mostly "ok" except for the public... it was a mess really in that part.
But it was entertaining ... the drama wasn't that bad either..but damn it i don't what what the kirara are or what the heck sensei-sensei is.

NOTE : 8/10

Trust me, those labyrinth visuals were on downright creepy-pasta levels messed up. And they only get more and more freaky. All that child-like imagery, those giggles, YEESH.

I stand by my decision by saying that Madoka Magica is the best magical girl show I've ever seen.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Made a new gif from the new OreImo. I wish I knew how to add text to this so it could spell out "What the FUCK did you just say?!"

Ayase_yanderemode02_zpse29ba03b.gif

cajunator

Banned
AKB0048 - 13

DAT UGLY CG

DAT
UGLY
CG

No i'm not talking abouit the girls and the concert but everything else!
And i love how they used a deus ex machina "power of feelign,power of regrets , power of songs" AKA "power of kirara !" to vanquish evil !
I trully wasn't ready.

DAT RADIANCE
Drama is over ! Friendship won ! the concert was gorgeous !
Code:
SO this is entertainment !
You bet !
I wish every concert was full or robots , explosions and idols flying all over the place !

Final impressions :
It was a fine anime.Will watch the "next stage" later however.
I'm near my limit in term of idols show.
Still AKB0048 was not what i expected it to be.
The cg was mostly "ok" except for the public... it was a mess really in that part.
But it was entertaining ... the drama wasn't that bad either..but damn it i don't what what the kirara are or what the heck sensei-sensei is.

NOTE : 8/10

Repeat after me:
KAWAMORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, those labyrinth visuals were on downright creepy-pasta levels messed up. And they only get more and more freaky. All that child-like imagery, those giggles, YEESH.

I stand by my decision by saying that Madoka Magica is the best magical girl show I've ever seen.

Its on my top ten all time anime list.
I showed my friend who knew little about the series and upon completion, he declared it one of the best anime he has ever seen and he has seen hundreds spanning back to the 70s.
hes also not as enthusiastic about Cute as I am.

trejo

Its on my top ten all time anime list.
I showed my friend who knew little about the series and upon completion, he declared it one of the best anime he has ever seen and he has seen hundreds spanning back to the 70s.
hes also not as enthusiastic about Cute as I am.

Well, to be fair, who is?

Madoka Spoilers
So if the karmic balance of the universe says that when you make a wish, the curse it makes is as big as the wish you make, could you wish for a really really basic good thing, and then you'd have a really really small curse?

Also could you wish for a bad thing and get a good curse?

This is assuming the mahou shoujo is aware of the incubators plan.

It's very unfortunate that I can't talk about Madoka Magica much without spoiling anything. Even if I did use tags, I wouldn't want to create any temptation now would I? But speaking of Magical Girl anime....

Nanoha-10
Still waiting on that epic battle against Lady Sephiroth! I know she's a bit sick and all, but no anime villain can be redeemed without having a good old-fashioned anime unison attack to the face can they?

Uh Nanoha, I don't think the Time-Space Admins are going to happy with you betting all your Jewel Seeds like that.

But now onto Nanoha V.S. Fate! Ready...GO!

Mobile Police Patlabor OVA 7

It was obvious that this wasn't directed by Oshii. The plot was more standard and the visual direction, while still good, less inspired, with an overuse of pedestrian pans and less atmospheric lighting. The slow pan across all the characters arguing in front of the soda machines culminating in Kanaka's "Shut up!" was a nice touch though. Some nice vehicular animation too. Since the director of this episode also handled the TV series, I suppose this is a taste of what that has to offer.

Saprol

[Guilty Crown] 08

Boob budget. All of it. I should expect they would make a beach episode because they suck at anything else. Shu doing Shu things. Even the writers don't give a fuck about explaining the Voids at all anymore but they're locked into those rules they made up. That kick Inori did looked like they just dragged a picture of her mid-jump around the screen. aauughhhhhh

Pokemon the First Movie Nanoha - 11

Uhh, Lady Sephiroth cloned her deceased daughter to get power to bring her back into her life. Ok then.

But getting back on track, here's a nice assessment of my view on the villain right now.
tumblr_m40dvkdKzS1rrmvgko1_250.gif

"lady sephiroth" way of handling love is something i'll never forget in anime stuff.

That and fate eyes full of love despite the abuse.

Trully the most surprising part of this season.

cajunator

Banned
Its a shame that Nanoha dvds are so expensive.
I wish more people could enjoy that series.
the price of the Geneon sets are ludicrous.
why is this show so expensive and why didnt any company relicense it?

Its a shame that Nanoha dvds are so expensive.
I wish more people could enjoy that series.
the price of the Geneon sets are ludicrous.
why is this show so expensive and why didnt any company relicense it?

Yeah, I wish someone would re-release it. At the time, I didn't have much money, and I figured that I could buy them a couple of years later. Oops.

It's a shame that it's hard for more people to see these two great shows.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I wish someone would re-release it. At the time, I didn't have much money, and I figured that I could buy them a couple of years later. Oops.

It's a shame that it's hard for more people to see these two great shows.

I took one look at the artwork and premise and ordered them immediately.
now they are treasured.

Syrinx

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 3

Oh no what the hell?

So I was just feeling bad about what I said about people who instantly decided to become magical girls when Mami reveals that she was on the brink of death when she made her wish. It seems that there actually are situations where deciding in an instant is appropriate. And then Madoka agreed to become her partner. And Mami was so happy that she didn't have to fight alone anymore, and more importantly, that she didn't have to face her fears and weaknesses alone anymore. She was crying tears of joy.

And now...she's dead. Fucking HELL! She has to die just as she is no longer lonely in her fight, that she can start to be happy. If this is the sort of thing that's going to go down, then goddamn, this is gonna be tough.

To be fair though, she was warned about this witch by the other girl. I actually think she's a good person. Now I sympathize with her great distaste in Mami and the cat-thing trying to nudge Madoka and Sayaka to being magical girls. It's emotionally trying, and they could very well die. It's not worth it without immense thought, and they shouldn't be doing this for either of there sakes. She explicitly doesn't want Madoka to become a magical girl, but I don't think it's because she's intimidated by her potential. I think she's warning her of what's to come.

Damn all of you who told me to marathon this. Something like this needs to be handled delicately, lest I want to give myself a feels attack.

Also want to compliment the music in this show. I haven't given it any love yet, but it really is great. I don't know the name, but the song while
Madoka and Mami were walking together discussing what Madoka should use her wish for
is amazing. I've heard it in the other two episodes, but it really is outstanding.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 3

Oh no what the hell?

So I was just feeling bad about what I said about people who instantly decided to become magical girls when Mami reveals that she was on the brink of death when she made her wish. It seems that there actually are situations where deciding in an instant is appropriate. And then Madoka agreed to become her partner. And Mami was so happy that she didn't have to fight alone anymore, and more importantly, that she didn't have to face her fears and weaknesses alone anymore. She was crying tears of joy.

And now...she's dead. Fucking HELL! She has to die just as she is no longer lonely in her fight, that she can start to be happy. If this is the sort of thing that's going to go down, then goddamn, this is gonna be tough.

To be fair though, she was warned about this witch by the other girl. I actually think she's a good person. Now I sympathize with her great distaste in Mami and the cat-thing trying to nudge Madoka and Sayaka to being magical girls. It's emotionally trying, and they could very well die. It's not worth it without immense thought, and they shouldn't be doing this for either of there sakes. She explicitly doesn't want Madoka to become a magical girl, but I don't think it's because she's intimidated by her potential. I think she's warning her of what's to come.

Damn all of you who told me to marathon this. Something like this needs to be handled delicately, lest I want to give myself a feels attack.

Also want to compliment the music in this show. I haven't given it any love yet, but it really is great. I don't know the name, but the song while
Madoka and Mami were walking together discussing what Madoka should use her wish for
is amazing. I've heard it in the other two episodes, but it really is outstanding.
YES! YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom