• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Bros 55-56

Remembered that this was done with recaps and jumped back in and I'm glad I did. This new arc is fantastic. Love this new Pico guy. Can't wait for next week's episode.

I'm not going to watch SAO because it has a stupid premise. Call me judgemental, but every time the premise of a story is: "A bunch of people are trapped in a game and they gotta get out!" I just get turned off because the entire plot gets explained to me right then and there. Obviously characters are going to die, obviously there's going to be a romantic relationship, OBVIOUSLY there's a sense of risk and fear, and obviously the main character is either going to stay there or get out and learn something. These are the kinds of stories that should be limited to one episode of an anime.

All the show does is say: "Hey, people are trapped in there, cheer em' on and watch them suffer!" It's so predictable. If a show wants to do that, make it a second season of another arc or something. That way it leads into the risk factor from the peace created by the ending of the last season and properly creates good tension. If you say that they need to get out of whatever situation they're in right from the get-go of your story, I'm not going to care because I don't know who any of those characters are! "Hello, my name is Kirito, oh noes! I am trapped! Will I get out alive with my new girl-friend?" There. That's the initial plot.

I don't know how other people like it, but for me, SAO is the equivalent of watching a rat taking a very long time to get out of a cage. It's not exactly my type of entertainment.

AKB0048 - 11
And we're back to the starting planet !

And things have changed ...Entertainment is serious business guys ! giant robots, guerilla tactics , sneakings ..and a whole pan of the education system in srambles.

Meanwhile , the main heroines are jealous of each others and mostly confused because they don't know yet that yuri power rules all.

And i probably won't know what sensei-sensei is this arc it seems.

This episode ended on a cliffanger but 'im willing to be that that huge robot is an ally rather than an ennemy. I'll laugh if they put the 2 grannies from the factory inside !!

I'm not going to watch SAO because it has a stupid premise. Call me judgemental, but every time the premise of a story is: "A bunch of people are trapped in a game and they gotta get out!" I just get turned off because the entire plot gets explained to me right then and there. Obviously characters are going to die, obviously there's going to be a romantic relationship, OBVIOUSLY there's a sense of risk and fear, and obviously the main character is either going to stay there or get out and learn something. These are the kinds of stories that should be limited to one episode of an anime.

All the show does is say: "Hey, people are trapped in there, cheer em' on and watch them suffer!" It's so predictable. If a show wants to do that, make it a second season of another arc or something. That way it leads into the risk factor from the peace created by the ending of the last season and properly creates good tension. If you say that they need to get out of whatever situation they're in right from the get-go of your story, I'm not going to care because I don't know who any of those characters are! "Hello, my name is Kirito, oh noes! I am trapped! Will I get out alive with my new girl-friend?" There. That's the initial plot.

I don't know how other people like it, but for me, SAO is the equivalent of watching a rat taking a very long time to get out of a cage. It's not exactly my type of entertainment.

Hey man, the premise was the one thing I really liked about the show before EVERYTHING ELSE happened . . .

lol what would be totally hilarious is if someone hated the premise but liked the everything else

I don't think Attack on Titan is anywhere near being blatantly misogynistic towards its female cast.

image.php

Seriously though Mikasa is the best part of Titan by a considerable margin

cajunator

Banned
Maybe they were playing Tower Defense games or something

Smile Precure 9

Today is a Yayoi episode!

2RF7l.gif

AND ITS CENTERED on April Fools, a unique idea for the franchise.

This is Yayoi's clock. It is awesome.

Miyuki jumped the gun on Yayoi's lie (transferring schools), and went nuts. While I like that they're concerned about their friends, it's like they forgot that they have magic bookcases that can go anywhere. Anyway, the sheer amount of Yayoi's moeblob-ness....

The sheer amount.... .good god it was too adorable... It's too sweet!

I...

I...!

2REMq.gif

Another satisfied follower of the Church of Yayoi.

Devil is a part timer 5

Not as awful as I was expecting, this series continues to surprise and entertain

It is practically impossible for maou sama to be bad.

trejo

Titan 6

That one running titan was both hilarious and disturbing. More like that please.

Oh yeah, and I guess there were some flashbacks and stuff.

FsH5qtX.jpg

Best girl gets first kiss

Photo Kano 3

Average episode. Maeda blackmailing the Prez was low but at least there was a decent photo shoot with her. Cooking girl with the big bust size is a nice addition to the cast. Don't really expect much screentime from her until later though.

Saprol

[Guilty Crown] 04 & 05
Too much talk in ep4. There was something important about
that pen but I don't care enough to check.
I'm just gonna assume its purpose will be clear enough once it happens. There's never enough suffering when it comes to Shu.

Is that HanaKana? Best episode.

Taruranto

It being two episodes ago doesn't really make it any less spoilery.

Dunno, i don't see why. The image doesn't give too much context other than the "titans are attacking".

Yeah and they're all equally unfunny and terrible. Your point?

I hate to break it to you (again), but you probably used or appreciated some memetic phrase or shop or pic originated from there since it's one of the places with the highest output of them and these things get around. But for what i care, keep making everything black and white.

From what joke fan subs is that?

TkiwohW.jpg

Syrinx

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 2

B7RMaDA.jpg

SDBurton is not amused.

So I'm not sure why Mami would let them go with her on a witch hunt if they're so dangerous when they haven't even agreed to be magical girls yet. But I guess seeing what a day in the life of a magical girl is helpful when deciding what they're going to do. Also, I'm not gonna lie; more magical girls should use baseball bats.

That whole wish thing is pretty odd. Sayaka had a bit of a moment there, pondering if they were just two ignorant fools walking around, having absolutely nothing that's important enough to them to wish for, while there must be so many others around that do and would agree to the contract in a second with that cat-thing. I was kinda feeling the opposite; somebody who would jump straight into such risk and responsibility without thinking about it is an idiot. For one, doing this sort of thing, you're not only risking you're own life, but these witches put innocent people in danger and you're doing them a great disservice if you agree to be somebody who helps them if you may not be cut out for it. I can see how Sayaka feels; hell, I have no idea what I would wish for that I need/want so badly I would put my life in danger, but jumping straight into something like this seems foolish.

AKB0048 - 12

I'm a little disapointed my (wild ) prediction didn't come true BUT a metal gear rescue mission in my AKB anime ?
Hell yes !

Or is it a splinter cell version of sneaking ?
yeah that's more like it.

But then the inexperience !! Even the best plan doesn't matter when the prisonner doesn't want to escape !

See how this world had become ? It was a miner city with an oppressive regime and now it's became a civil war zone for the sake of entertainment ! Now the big question : would your mother have time to take care of her flowers ??

And now the drama.... is it a custom for the heroine to lose her voice in idols show when drama occurs ?

I guess i'm feelign that way because i'm watching lots of idols show in a row...

Dunno, i don't see why. The image doesn't give too much context other than the "titans are attacking".

I hate to break it to you (again), but you probably used or appreciated some memetic phrase or shop or pic originated from there since it's one of the places with the highest output of them and these things get around. But for what i care, keep making everything black and white.

TkiwohW.jpg

I must have blocked that scene from my memory

Nanoha - 9

Okay, shit is still steadily heading into the "gotten real zone" as per the chart said.

So Fate's pulling out all the stuff she has to get those Jewel Seeds and the Time-Space Admins are just going to let her do it. Pfft. And here I thought that these people were heroes of some sort! But nope! Let's just kill her and take our Jewel Seeds shall we?

Of course Nanoha steps in to save her, but Lady Sephiroth ain't gonna have any of that and attacks Fate and the Admins. Still waiting on that epic battle against her.

cajunator

Banned

So I'm not sure why Mami would let them go with her on a witch hunt if they're so dangerous when they haven't even agreed to be magical girls yet. But I guess seeing what a day in the life of a magical girl is helpful when deciding what they're going to do. Also, I'm not gonna lie; more magical girls should use baseball bats.

That whole wish thing is pretty odd. Sayaka had a bit of a moment there, pondering if they were just two ignorant fools walking around, having absolutely nothing that's important enough to them to wish for, while there must be so many others around that do and would agree to the contract in a second with that cat-thing. I was kinda feeling the opposite; somebody who would jump straight into such risk and responsibility without thinking about it is an idiot. For one, doing this sort of thing, you're not only risking you're own life, but these witches put innocent people in danger and you're doing them a great disservice if you agree to be somebody who helps them if you may not be cut out for it. I can see how Sayaka feels; hell, I have no idea what I would wish for that I need/want so badly I would put my life in danger, but jumping straight into something like this seems foolish.

Mami's mammies are lovely are they not?

Saprol

[Guilty Crown] 06
There was something important about
that pen but I don't care enough to check.
I'm just gonna assume its purpose will be clear enough once it happens.
Excellent. Viewers don't need memory for this series. Some of this action is really lazy.

Mobile Police Patlabor OVA 5-6

Now this is what I was expecting. And it was great. A blend of balanced character development, comedy, intrigue, drama, intra-governmental squabbles, tension, action - all backed up by strong direction. Even the less animated portions were kept visually interesting by dark, moody lighting and striking layouts. I especially liked the distorted faces during the call from Nagumo's superiors, which emphasized their aloofness from the situation and their unjustified harshness towards Nagumo. Some aspects of the character drama did feel underdeveloped, particularly the relationship between Goto and Kai, but I think the two episodes made good use of their running time. It perhaps could have been better if given the running time of a movie, but I'm sure Oshii's actual movies have stronger plots that justify the added attention. I'm excited to watch them.

For one, doing this sort of thing, you're not only risking you're own life, but these witches put innocent people in danger and you're doing them a great disservice if you agree to be somebody who helps them if you may not be cut out for it. I can see how Sayaka feels; hell, I have no idea what I would wish for that I need/want so badly I would put my life in danger, but jumping straight into something like this seems foolish.

Oh man, if you think it's messed up now....

6f6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom