• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Muromi 6

muromi6.jpg

This didn't have the great production values like the other episodes but that didn't stop this from being any less engaging thanks to just how absurd the situation is.

Articalys

So, question: for those of you who watch a lot of anime on your computer at a desk (via CR/Funi/Viz/etc. streaming, because your computer is your main BD/DVD player, or whatever), what kind of chair do you have?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So, question: for those of you who watch a lot of anime on your computer at a desk (via CR/Funi/Viz/etc. streaming, because your computer is your main BD/DVD player, or whatever), what kind of chair do you have?
I have another chair a few feet behind my desk chair, a deeper and more relaxed lounge chair. Off to the side in the room I also have a couch that I also use sometimes. I would never sit at my desk and watch something.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 2
more magical girls should use baseball bats.

Agreed

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 3
Oh no what the hell?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Also an office spinny chair but it's got this net like thing instead of a back cushion. The net is surprisingly comfy.

If I'm watching anime on a computer, I'm doing it on my laptop. Which in that case, I'm laying down on a bed.

Thoraxes

I wish I could watch Madoka, TTGL, and Hidamari for the first time again.

I have my PC hooked up to a monitor and 40-inch TV in my bedroom.

So I have a desk chair and a bed and switch between the two.

cajunator

Banned
Puella Magi Madoka Magica 3

Oh no what the hell?

So I was just feeling bad about what I said about people who instantly decided to become magical girls when Mami reveals that she was on the brink of death when she made her wish. It seems that there actually are situations where deciding in an instant is appropriate. And then Madoka agreed to become her partner. And Mami was so happy that she didn't have to fight alone anymore, and more importantly, that she didn't have to face her fears and weaknesses alone anymore. She was crying tears of joy.

And now...she's dead. Fucking HELL! She has to die just as she is no longer lonely in her fight, that she can start to be happy. If this is the sort of thing that's going to go down, then goddamn, this is gonna be tough.

To be fair though, she was warned about this witch by the other girl. I actually think she's a good person. Now I sympathize with her great distaste in Mami and the cat-thing trying to nudge Madoka and Sayaka to being magical girls. It's emotionally trying, and they could very well die. It's not worth it without immense thought, and they shouldn't be doing this for either of there sakes. She explicitly doesn't want Madoka to become a magical girl, but I don't think it's because she's intimidated by her potential. I think she's warning her of what's to come.

Damn all of you who told me to marathon this. Something like this needs to be handled delicately, lest I want to give myself a feels attack.

Also want to compliment the music in this show. I haven't given it any love yet, but it really is great. I don't know the name, but the song while
Madoka and Mami were walking together discussing what Madoka should use her wish for
is amazing. I've heard it in the other two episodes, but it really is outstanding.

Teehee

CorvoSol

Mobile Suuuuuuuuuuuugh Zuuuuuuuuuuugh Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughndam 39

Kamile and the gang don't go out and do anything. They meet a lady who is weird and mistaken. Char blows people up and we're no closer to seeing anything happen anywhere. Guy just made a bid for world domination and is now babysitting a teenager on his day off in the middle of nowhere ever.

Yup, it's Zeta Gundam alright. Shoulda just watched the movie versions.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 6

Seems like they're doing a pretty straight adaptation of this arc. The art was a little bit better this week, and it was pretty entertaining, even with the weird pacing. The Mikasa flashback was nicely done, they certainly faithfully captured
Eren's rather psycho attitude and Mikasa's moment of revelation.

Bed + Bed Rest Pillow. It's the ideal set up for my style of watching anime, which revolves around marathoning when I have free time.

Also, I didn't upload this image, so I don't know why the file name says boyfriend in the url. I can do better. Like, a jumbo bean bag chair or some shit... Don't look at me.

boyfriend3.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I'm surprised Cajun's isn't just a mountain of adorable plushies.

Those are in my closet. A bunch of penguins and a huge duck.
Also I got this trio of round animals.
like poyopoyo roundcat except its a duck ( I named it Yo) a cow ( Sup) and a horse (Wii).

I can take pics of these if yall want. They are fat and adorable.
they used to make noise too.

regarding that chair, I either curl up in it all comfy or else I sit kind of like a monkey/L does.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Cheap office chair. My ass hurts all the time, but I can't afford better right now.

Smile Precure 10

An Akane focused episode, god damn it, it makes me want one of those dishes. Of course, seeing the secret ingredient was something you've could've seen far away if you've been exposed to older Pretty Cure series.

Actually, this episode and Yayoi's episode made me realize something. I enjoy the fact that character specific episodes actually let that specific character make the kill shot. That is sorely lacking in Doki Doki Precure. Even in episodes where it was Alice/Rikka focused, Mana still got the killing blow in. It's like their moves aren't worth killing with. It's so dumb.

Those are in my closet. A bunch of penguins and a huge dick.

What I read it as. Props on the penguin plushies. Have a few of those and a Kirby plush hanging around myself.

Syrinx

I tried to sleep in one of those once, never again.

I once slept on an armchair in a hotel suite because I was sharing a room (room, not bed) with my uncle and he snored disturbingly loud so I had to leave the room, and my brother took the couch. One of the worst nights of sleep I've ever had.

Laptop which is hooked up to my TV and I got a ~10 year old office chair that I still love.

If I get cold, I just take my laptop to my bed instead.

I once slept on an armchair in a hotel suite because I was sharing a room (room, not bed) with my uncle and he snored disturbingly loud so I had to leave the room, and my brother took the couch. One of the worst nights of sleep I've ever had.

Well at least you have your head on your shoulders.

I probably would have just slept on the floor at that point.

cajunator

Banned

Im a tiny little thing. I curl up in it like a cat.
it works.
unfortunately I fall asleep watching animu if I get too comfy.

CorvoSol

Betterman 21

I don't know, I feel like, just as with Zeta Gundam, I've really soured on this show as of late. Where in Zeta Gundam's case it is because I'm disappointed that the show feels like an aimless wreck where everyone talks about how cool Char is, in Betterman its because FUCK CAN WE GO ONE EPISODE WITHOUT BORING ASS GENETICS LESSONS OR WHATEVER THE TECHNOBABBLE IS TODAY?

Only notable thing in this episode was Sakura's English VA's attempt at screaming a whisper making her voice do this horrible cracking thing.

cajunator

Banned

Ive been in that situation.
dad is a human buzzsaw. I slept like a happy baby.

CorvoSol

Am I just tired or does Hitomi have a GIANT NOSE compared to other anime characters? I mean, yeah, Vision of Escaflowne is remarkable for having noses instead of Hirai's nasal slit of beauty, but still. GIRL GOT NOSE.

cajunator

Banned
Am I just tired or does Hitomi have a GIANT NOSE compared to other anime characters? I mean, yeah, Vision of Escaflowne is remarkable for having noses instead of Hirai's nasal slit of beauty, but still. GIRL GOT NOSE.

The noses in Escaflowne are legendary.
I think they look pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom