• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why exactly is Crunchyroll rolling out episodes of Gurren Lagann slowly instead of all at once, especially if its just the old TV broadcast version?

JYGbkrP.jpg

You go girl

Photo Kano 2

No matter how ridiculous it was, I still appreciate how Niimi was willing to have her photo taken to hang out/be with the MC for awhile. Even if the moment was kinda ruined because he was oblivious (not surprising) as to why until she told him.

7Th

Actual villain stock footage that's longer than three seconds? yesssssssssss

Regina is definitely not a normal villain at all...
I mean, she is actually going to interact with the Precure outside of the battle scenes. Going by the preview, she is going to make DD's slice-of-life scenes actually interesting!

OreImo 2 6

You'd think this sort of trashy stuff would be more entertaining, but it was mostly just awkward and unpleasant to watch. If only Kyousuke wasn't so spineless.

Kazzy

Yeah, but in the dub, they over-compensate by making them sound like a bad American version of a British person.

(Oy guvnah. This here be my sushi pub!)

I've heard some things about the spoken English in the dub, particularly in regards to Ritsu.I really need to watch it!

cajunator

Banned
Regina is definitely not a normal villain at all...
I mean, she is actually going to interact with the Precure outside of the battle scenes. Going by the preview, she is going to make DD's slice-of-life scenes actually interesting!

Oh my god shes a villain? I love her!!

Leviathan 6
This is fine in a generic way, but why can't Tanken Driland be licensed?

It's generic but in a good way.
Sometimes i feel it's fine to have a show that doesn't try to be something it isn't .

Oh and it has syrop the best fairy ever.

But you're right tanken driland should have been more followed.
It's a total shame.

Shingeki no Kyojin 6

Stills and Flashbacks, it's pretty much an episode for Mikasa and how she
became part of Eren's life.
She's pretty competent to say the least.

Berserk: Golden Age Arc II - Battle for Doldrey (engDub viz neonalley)

The movie seemed to hone in and greatly emphasize a few of the aspects that I didnt like from the first part while decreasing the attention to detail on a few points that I thought had huge significance. Unfortunately, what this seemed to mean was that as the movie went on to the climax and the aspect of what the movie is named after, that it swiftly went downhill from there. Additionally, I wonder why someone would write the story in such a manner as if it kept on that trajectory it would have really managed to be one of the more definitive works created in the genre.

The underlying theme of friendship and bonds as presented initially in the first movie with Guts and Griffith still had moments here that I liked. It seemed they always had this trust thing going on and looked for approval from each other. Additionally the various times they would smile at each other in acknowledgement or even just for the sake of it were the best moments outside of action. However, those were so few and then just led to a false sense of hope for me, as ultimately Guts just seemed to break off for some odd reason and go his own path. It didn't make much logical sense, as wouldn't he be better of just sticking with Griffith and be his own Captain in his own special way to gain his approval and acceptance. Or he could have just talked it out, there was no time where it seemed that Griffith looked down upon him at all. Just really baffling and it seemed like a message that the writer was just completely confused about. Perhaps he could have read a few other works or even just read shonen action series to see how its done.

There were also numerous moments that made it way too bloody (why so much blood, flying limbs, rolling heads, and just so many torsos being sliced off...it was way too much and excessive, one moment was just hard too endure) or even just way too mature for anime...I havent felt so uncomfortable watching anime before
So many nekkid Casca scenes and exposed bewbies that always seemed out of place and so much sex or even near rape. Is the writer obsessed with it? Drama could have been achieved and delivered in numerous other ways. Nekkid Griffith could have been used for so much more and that scene was just way weird, though I dont think Ive ever encountered something animated like that in any non yaoi context before, so maybe I just feel disturbed or thinking its weird since it was just a new experience. I hope the next movie tones it down.

English voices were superb. I was pleased that the best antagonist here had Eggman's (sonic) voice and sounded quite perfect for the personality and got all into it. Sarutobi sensei was also there on the enemy side too for Doldrey, so as a Naruto and Sonic fan, I loved that.

The Fairy is the 3rd best character...hope it is a recurring character.

7/10...The battle was way good and really amazing to see however, after seeing Kingdom a few of the things really paled in comparison. If they focused on better visuals for attacks and more focus on strategy then it could have really been a bit better. For example raining down arrows just looks really definitive and intense in Kingdom, while here it just looked really feeble and weak and relatively easy to dodge. Still Doldrey was the best action aspect of Berserk franchise thus far. Worth watching. Doubt I'll buy it but I'll return for movie III at least.
At least to see what the egg is about and how Griffith can redeem himself, as well as if he and Gutts can rekindle the flames and all of that, as well as if Griffith can truly gain the entire kingdom.

sonicmj1

Dead Leaves

It's like Imaishi had a dream, and then as soon as he woke up he wrote the whole thing down and they just started making anime without thinking at all about what they were actually drawing.

Which is to say that just making a 45 minute long version of the barber shop fight in FLCL without bothering to build any meaningful characterization or stakes just means that you've made something 42 minutes longer than it needed to be. This shit doesn't move the drill in my heart.

It looks pretty cool sometimes, though.

That caterpillar fairy-tale makes no sense at all.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Space Brothers] 57

Yeah, that pico pico joke just doesn't make any sense if you actually think about it. lol

Great episode though. This show always makes me feel like I can take on the world.

AKB0048 - 10
Pro-tip : Always be carefull of aliens jellyfish after effects !!

There is a decent balance of drama and "unknow" so far ...
Oh ! And swimsuit photoshots are great.
Viva fanservice !

How did they build them in the first place? Did the Titans help out or did they just sit around watching them build these impossibly large defense structures?

From a description I read, the titans apparently screw around with humans for pure amusement rather than just food. If they wiped out all the humans, there wouldn't be any fun left for them would there? No, you gotta give the cows time to reproduce if you want more hamburgers right?

How did they build them in the first place? Did the Titans help out or did they just sit around watching them build these impossibly large defense structures?

They did it while they were luring the titans with sacrifices in other places ??

BTW it's not a spoiler , i don't know either ..i'm just stating a possibility.

It's hard to know since we don't know what was life becfore the titans came

Jarmel

Banned
Dead Leaves

It's like Imaishi had a dream, and then as soon as he woke up he wrote the whole thing down and they just started making anime without thinking at all about what they were actually drawing.

Which is to say that just making a 45 minute long version of the barber shop fight in FLCL without bothering to build any meaningful characterization or stakes just means that you've made something 42 minutes longer than it needed to be. This shit doesn't move the drill in my heart.

It looks pretty cool sometimes, though.

That caterpillar fairy-tale makes no sense at all.

Pretty much how I felt about it too. One of the best cases where it's all style and no substance leaving a bitter aftertaste.

Maybe they were playing Tower Defense games or something

Smile Precure 9

Today is a Yayoi episode!

2RF7l.gif

AND ITS CENTERED on April Fools, a unique idea for the franchise.

This is Yayoi's clock. It is awesome.

Miyuki jumped the gun on Yayoi's lie (transferring schools), and went nuts. While I like that they're concerned about their friends, it's like they forgot that they have magic bookcases that can go anywhere. Anyway, the sheer amount of Yayoi's moeblob-ness....

The sheer amount.... .good god it was too adorable... It's too sweet!

I...

I...!

2REMq.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've heard some things about the spoken English in the dub, particularly in regards to Ritsu.I really need to watch it!
The actual Keions are fine... well, fine for a dub I guess. Maybe it's because I'm just used to them. lol

It's generic but in a good way.
Sometimes i feel it's fine to have a show that doesn't try to be something it isn't .

Oh and it has syrop the best fairy ever.

But you're right tanken driland should have been more followed.
It's a total shame.
I suppose. It's a fantasy version of Vividbutts, but a bit less pandery, which just makes it strange in terms of who it is supposed to appeal to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom