• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
azazel-san z 6

azazelz6.jpg
Why is the pee coming out from his anus?

Pride and Prejudice is basically about a girl being tsun for half the book and then dere for the other half.

I had to read that book when I was in college. It was for an English class, it's not as if I wanted to read it or anything!

The funny thing is that I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies some years later and really enjoyed the hell out of that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Where's my anime pride and prejudice?

mad truth though pride and prejudice is rad. Way better than emma.
No.

I had to read that book when I was in college. It was for an English class, it's not as if I wanted to read it or anything!

The funny thing is that I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies some years later and really enjoyed the hell out of that.
Austen is good though. The bastardization... I refuse to read it!

Helga Pataki is the best tsundere anyway.
Arnold is original wideface.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Pride and Prejudice is a excellent story. I think it's misunderstood by many in my personal experience though. People who think it's like Twilight in that it's suppose to make those "creepy" guys seem attractive miss the point of the story.

Theonik

Where are the
head puns
?
Recently I don't think this thread has been heading in the right direction.

Better than any nose in Hirai, at least.

The Vision of Escaflowne 20

I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THIS SUDDEN BONER CAUSED BY SEXY CAT LADIES IN A COMPROMISING, LESBIAN SITUATION IN WHICH THEY TALK ABOUT WHAT IT MUST BE LIKE TO KISS MEN. THIS IS ONLY FOUR MINUTES IN BUT ALREADY THE BEST POSSIBLE THING IN THE EPISODE.
First mechs with capes now this? Why am I not watching this?

No I will not give in and watch it! You can't make me!

Metrotab

Banned
I hate how tsundere girls have a much higher chance of winning in romance anime. Many a best girl has been slain by this tiresome character type.

Go_Ly_Dow

Just doing my laundry and for no reason AKB Aitkatta! started swirling through my head.

Damn you duckroll for poisoning my mind with your hype =(

sonicmj1

Pride and Prejudice is great.

The basic idea of the archetype is as old as time itself, but since anime is so reliant on stereotypes and tropes, tsundere has evolved into its own bizarre, particular thing.

/XX/

I think the last major project for him was as director of photography for that Next A-Class thing: http://akiba-souken.com/article/anime/14984/

撮影監督:江面久
Keeping him handling the high-profile collaborations, I see. Good to know!

There will probably be a lot of variety in KlK, a big show like this will summon a lot of talent.
I hope he had the liberty this time of bringing all the guests he probably wants, to always try different ideas. Mr. Imaishi's 'poder de convocatoria' (how do you say this in English?) seems to be what brings up a notch the quality in the animation of his works even with a fairly restricted budget...

Mr.Jeff

I hate how tsundere girls have a much higher chance of winning in romance anime. Many a best girl has been slain by this tiresome character type.
I'd rather have a tsundere in a series than a childhood friend character any day. Though in reality, both are as bad as each other.

So, question: for those of you who watch a lot of anime on your computer at a desk (via CR/Funi/Viz/etc. streaming, because your computer is your main BD/DVD player, or whatever), what kind of chair do you have?
I'm mainly in a highly expensive work chair . (So that i can stay in it for a big amount of time without problems )

It also helps when i'm programming for long period of time :)

Tenchi Muyo GXP

Not enough suicide gifs to express my hatred for this piece of shit.
Gxp isn't that bad .

Tenchi in tokyo is bad.
Sasami club is bad.
Tenchi gxp is just a "ok" harem anime with lots lots of jokes.

AITAKATTA AITAKATTA AITAKATTA YES!

AITAKATTA AITAKATTA AITAKATTA YES!!

KIMI NI~♫

Argh my head ..the song is stuck in my head !!

/XX/

I didn't know SANRIO is finally bringing into the light of high-definition releases other of their older properties:

Amazon.co.jp: ユニコ [Blu-ray]: 三輪勝恵, 杉山佳寿子, 堀絢子, 井上真樹夫, 倍賞千恵子, イルカ, 平田敏夫: DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CPDRT8Q/

Amazon.co.jp: ユニコ 魔法の島へ [Blu-ray]: 三輪勝恵, 常田富士男, 池田秀一, 島本須美, つかせのりこ, 永井一郎, 村野守美: DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CPDRT9A/

Amazon.co.jp: シリウスの伝説 [Blu-ray]: 古谷徹, 小山茉美, 榊原郁恵, 潘恵子, 宇野重吉, 内海賢二, 武藤礼子, 波多正美: DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CPDRTAO/

Both Unico films and The Legend of Sirius, among several Blu-ray Disc products scheduled for the same day; July, 23th.

duckroll

You can't see that the sword that should be stabbing the material behind them is layered in front of them? It's going into the man in green's shoulder and through the shirt collar of the other man. Now just don't go getting all embarrassed for missing this and full-stopping your posts as a result.

Huh? What are you talking about? The sword is just being pointed at the guy's throat.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You can't see that the sword that should be stabbing the material behind them is layered in front of them? It's going into the man in green's shoulder and through the shirt collar of the other man. Now just don't go getting all embarrassed for missing this and full-stopping your posts as a result.
...what?

wonzo

Banned
badumtish.gif

DiGiKerot

I didn't know SANRIO is finally bringing into the light of high-definition releases other of their older properties:

Amazon.co.jp: ユニコ [Blu-ray]: 三輪勝恵, 杉山佳寿子, 堀絢子, 井上真樹夫, 倍賞千恵子, イルカ, 平田敏夫: DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CPDRT8Q/

Amazon.co.jp: ユニコ 魔法の島へ [Blu-ray]: 三輪勝恵, 常田富士男, 池田秀一, 島本須美, つかせのりこ, 永井一郎, 村野守美: DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CPDRT9A/

Amazon.co.jp: シリウスの伝説 [Blu-ray]: 古谷徹, 小山茉美, 榊原郁恵, 潘恵子, 宇野重吉, 内海賢二, 武藤礼子, 波多正美: DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CPDRTAO/

Both Unico films and The Legend of Sirius, among several Blu-ray Disc products scheduled for the same day; July, 23th.

Didn't Discotek recently announce that they're doing Unico BDs for the US as well in the near future?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FKlIcZx.jpg

Well it was because one second earlier it looked like it went to his left, but I suppose it was just dodgy angles and I forgot those swords had blunt ends. Guess I'll have to edit all my posts and pretend this never happened.

Coxy

Attack on Titan 6

They didnt even address last episodes events lol, what fuckers, spent the whole episode building up Mikasa's character and history with Eren just to make the news worse. They couldnt resist digging the heel in a bit more by killing off half another cute couple

Tenumi

Banned
Smile Precure: 21

Mostly a setup episode, with the obvious countdown to
Pierrot's revival
set for the next episode. Admitedly, it was pretty cool having a beam strugle between Happy and the Akanbe. Haven't seen one of those in a long time.

Smile Precure: 22

Wow. That was a rather dark-ish episode.
Failure to defeat Joker, not to mention the complete curbstomping that the Precure took
. Despair all over this episode. Looks like we're gearing up for a big episode next.

It's time.

/XX/

Didn't Discotek recently announce that they're doing Unico BDs for the US as well in the near future?
Oh, that's right! And so the reason Discotek Media isn't going to do the same for The Legend of Sirius is because the Japanese release of this one doesn't have English subtitles and dub like the Unico films have? This is the same North American company that worked on the previous DVD edition for The Legend of Sirius, isn't it? They weren't interested then?

tumblr_ltspiihezj1r1n5pqo1_500.gif

Well it was because one second earlier it looked like it went to his left, but I suppose it was just dodgy angles and I forgot those swords had blunt ends. Guess I'll have to edit all my posts and pretend this never happened.

Lol.

DiGiKerot

Oh, that's right! And so the reason Discotek Media isn't going to do the same for The Legend of Sirius is because the Japanese release of this one doesn't have English subtitles and dub like the Unico films have? This is the same North American company that worked on the previous DVD edition for The Legend of Sirius, isn't it? They weren't interested then?

I'm going to have to assume that the DVD numbers they've had would suggest it wouldn't work. Unico, on the other hand, benefits from having Tezuka's name attached to it, which still has a considerable degree of cache, not to mention having had far better coverage in the media outlets those who tend to buy Discotek's releases consume.

Taruranto

For some reason i thought you were talking about Utena.

Dudewut? I still can't see whatever you just said. Maybe I need to hold my ipad two inches from my face and then pull it away slowly?

7Th

Looks like my fears were wrong; Fantasista Doll isn't Busou Shiki but rather Angelic Layer. The robots are controlled by a cute 14-year-old girl so there won't be any straightshit harem action!

Picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom