• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Hunter X Hunter - 79

They're handling the tonal shift of this arc pretty well, it's still mostly buildup, but it's nice seeing it animated. It does look a bit cheap, but I guess they're saving the budget for the action scenes, as they should be. Next week's episode looks better already.

4SCrRdz.gif

Sold.

What happened to Amy?

Where is gargantia going?

Why are her shoulders blushing?

Those eyes.........

Nanoha - 12

NANOHA! WHILE SHE'S CHARGING HER THUNDER...SMASH, USE YOUR BUSTER! OF DIVINITY!
Finally Fate realizes who she's been all along and is ready to join the fight against Lady Sephiroth! Finally, a moment in this show where I actually felt EXCITEMENT. Everything else was more...I don't know soft and nothing really got my blood pumping. But that song when she joined the fray...sogood.jpg.

Lol at the Admin's proclamation against Lady Sephiroth. That pose she was in and the words she spoke reminded me of a proclamation a certain other anime character made...but I won't say who.

And we have everyone ready for the final battle...and Lady Sephiroth practically commits suicide. Well shit. There goes my hopes for an epic rage moment, but I guess I can be hopeful for the last episode and As.

Looks like another delay on the streaming of Attack on Titan

Crunchyroll
Due to a materials delay, episode 6 will be delayed until later in the day. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Funi
Due to a materials delay, ep 6 of AttackOnTitan will be delayed. We'll have this up as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience

Kurita

Space Brothers 57

Pico pico
Pico pico pico pico pico

Great episode, the main theme made that fishing game epic.
Mutta showing the others how good he is, yaay.

Looks like my fears were wrong; Fantasista Doll isn't Busou Shiki but rather Angelic Layer. The robots are controlled by a cute 14-year-old girl so there won't be any straightshit harem action!

Picked up.
So it's like Pokemon, but instead of monsters, they're little girls. and all the trainers are female?
Sold.
In other news. I got some pickups.
Awesome stuff!

Awesome!

Now if only they'd get Ridget to dance...

Nanoha -13 END

And so the journey of Nanoha comes to and end. Madoka Magica Spoilers inside as well.

Still a bit disappointed that there wasn't an epic final battle scene with Lady Sephiroth, but perhaps I'll see something even more epic in the As.

Damn it, this episode still knows how to poke at your feels even with all the "It's okay, they'll see each other again!" information.

Aww, Nanoha and Fate gave each other their hair ribbons as a token of their friendship! Wouldn't it be bad if another anime did the exact same thing with their characters? Now I really see where Madoka and Nanoha comparisons came from.

All in all, I thought is good. Nice, touching, heartwarming, and overall, just a good pleasure to watch. Next up, time for the awesomeness that AnimeGAF says breaks all barriers of epicness!

Izayoi

Banned
Academia should be a mini series tbh not here for one short movie
Trying to keep that kind of budget up through an entire series (mini or not) would be quite the feat. The animation would've been hurt by dragging it out longer than it was.

Should have the been Bellows or Ridget.
I think you mean Melty. Such wasted potential.

I never looked in the Madoka thread and I genrally didn't pay any attention to conversations about the show in here.
Watch the rest before you get something spoiled for you.

Seriously, stop browsing this thread and all anime-related venues until you're finished.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What, no Cupoche 'dokes to go with your Haruka?
Well Ultimate Madoka is the only Madoka figure I have and I mostly got her because I thought the figurine looked good (and Cajun semi twisted my arm). Also the Haruka Cu-poche is the first figurine I've seen of her that looks half decent.

That and I was expecting to get a third figurine this month so I was keeping my budget in check, but it was delayed. :(

fertygo

Macross SDF -END-

This final arc was terrible as fuck, but this finale man...

ToadManlyTear.png

Girl fighting till the end, dat macross final moment.. awesome.
Minmay try to get cheap win but Misa prevail with the most amazing game winner buzzer beater Michael Jordan style

I still like Minmay but dat
:kanna
:lololololol

Must be the most historic moment in anime's romance, goddamn..

The final fight was hype as fuck too, I want to scream when Macross fly..

Epic finale, one of the best.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Man I need to get my shit together. So far behind on DokiDoki, Gargantia, MJP, Valv, and Titan as well as a few others. Will marathon like fuck when I get home today.

/XX/

http://i.imgur.com/FKlIcZx.jpg

Well it was because one second earlier it looked like it went to his left, but I suppose it was just dodgy angles and I forgot those swords had blunt ends.
Man, BGBW... as you are always joking I'm not even sure if you are even now! :p

I'm going to have to assume that the DVD numbers they've had would suggest it wouldn't work. Unico, on the other hand, benefits from having Tezuka's name attached to it, which still has a considerable degree of cache, not to mention having had far better coverage in the media outlets those who tend to buy Discotek's releases consume.
Yeah, seems that way. Somewhat sad that Masami Hata doesn't have a great (and profitable) fame attached to an equally great name as his is.

Pokemon B/W Adventures in Unova 15

It's Mr. Handsome!

So Team Plasma finally appears after like 60 episodes of when they were supposed to appear. At least they have the whole evil part down and they don't have the whole capturing your Pokemon will make them happy hippy nonsense from the first game.

Mr.Jeff

Yuru Yuri 08 - END
Hmmm. I don't know what to say. Ultimately I don't think it works. The yuri aspect just seems to be there as a hook and doesn't really go anywhere, there's a few too many characters with little to none advancement of their personalities and most of the time the jokes run a little too long to work properly. It lacks the more solid feeling of camaraderie of something like Hidamari.

That said it was nice enough and it confirmed what I knew from the start that Kyouko was the best out of all of them. Chinatsu really is the worst though.

Time to skim through the second series then.

The Severing Crime Edge Episode 6 – Waltz of Stars

I thought they would go through more colors of the rainbow for filtering for the action scenes but I guess they just want to use three. Would have been better if we received a few more. I think its still kind of pointless and not really stylish as they skip so many moments in the fights, we cant see characters actually get cut, its just a fast swipe and then a moment showing the clothes ripped, etc.

Didnt think she was the Author and he was the Instead, that was mindblowing

Defuser

Suisei no Gargantia ep 6

Despite the 'fanservice', the soothing music along with the beautiful glowing night backgrounds is breathtaking and enhances the interaction between Ledo and Amy which makes it very enjoyable. Shit, why can't more shows have beautiful scenes like this?

Am I the only one thinking Ledo = Han Solo, Amy = Leia?

Gargantia on the Butt Planet 6

Dance was lewd as hell and full of QUALITY, butt the rumps were nice. Good episode overall, just more Ledo adapting into Gargantia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom