• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, they don't use Flash. Neither iOS nor Android support Flash now! Most of the GREE and Mobage stuff is apps, the rest is probably HTML5 or whatever it is that Webkit supports.
Hrm, the url had /flash/ in it, so I just assumed. But sure, using webapps instead of app-apps. Then again, I suppose that saves a lot of porting time if all you have to worry about are the three major browsers.

sonicmj1

Sorry Jarmel, but there will always only be one woman for me.

ibiPvCffVNHApG.jpg

Hrm, the url had /flash/ in it, so I just assumed. But sure, using webapps instead of app-apps. Then again, I suppose that saves a lot of porting time if all you have to worry about are the three major browsers.

Are you sure you're not just visiting the site for the game? The game itself is probably an app...

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 6

Another incredibly memorable episode from this run. There's some background stuff where Tessa is dealing with the ethics of torture and such for those of you who are into Tessa's character development, and the infamous scene where the assassin sisters steal a Codarl and Mr. Gates is caught masturbating to videos of KITTENS and SQUIRRELS. And I don't mean ladies dressed as them, I mean actually kittens and squirrels.

But the highlight of the episode is the haircut. It's well animated, well-written, and is a significant upgrade in Sagara and Chidori's relationship. It's something of a milestone, since every last kind of physical contact for them is incredibly, agonizingly hard to get to
as in death threats before admissions of love

And then, when Sousuke comes home, still glowing from the hair cut and Chidori's "I feel safest with you," he checks his e-mail and
is notified that any and all contact with Kaname Chidori is forbidden effective immediately. Sousuke freaks out in an amazing way by PUNCHING HIS COMPUTER TO DEATH.

I love this show.

Tokyo Godfathers

I don't have a ton to say other than I really enjoyed this and am glad that hosanna's post the other day got me to try out more of Kon's work despite my dislike of Paprika. I think I'll watch Millennium Actress next.

wonzo

Banned
Chihayafuru S2 18

chihayas218.jpg

Good, an episode I actually enjoyed. The music was nice and it had some neat little bits of animation spliced throughout it. It definitely would've been far more intense without all the needless sideline commentary though but that rings true for almost every other episode.

The self-reflecting by Shinobi just makes we want a series about her and the depressing social isolation thanks to the child prodigy non-sense inflicted by adults forcing their dreams upon her.

CorvoSol

Slayers 5

Yeah, I'm pretty sure at this point that you aren't ever meant to trust Rezzo. Also, the music in Slayers is pretty good. Makes the whole show feel that much more Fantasy. Love that Zelgadis' henchmen are as incompetent as Goury.

Didn't think I'd watch anything else after getting a massive headache from laughing my ass off at a friend streaming SMB2USA horribly, but...

Ojamajo Doremi 1

So like this is a show for kids right? There's some rather disturbing stuff in this show. I mean your parents fight every day? About his rods no less. Doremi grows up in a home where her parents are constantly fighting, it's no wonder she wants to be a witch, she wants to escape reality.

It doesn't help how she gets unrequited love by the end of the first episode, and apparently geting bopped in the face for being incompetent with her magic (but hey, it was the first time, even though she whipped out the goods pretty fast).

The character design is pretty weird though. It's likee everyone has Betty Spaghetti limbs and stuff. Doremi's teacher is pretty smoking though. She has meat!

Articalys

Blu-ray sales May 6-12

*1, 11,667 358,716 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
*2, *4,538 **4,538 Seitokai Yakuindomo Kaettekita OVA
*3, *2,174 **2,174 AKB0048 next stage vol.2
*4, **,937 *33,008 Girls und Panzer vol.4
*5, **,854 ***,854 Minami-ke: Okawari Blu-ray Box Limited Edition
*6, **,791 *17,923 Love Live! School Idol Project vol.2 Limited Edition
*7, **,676 *33,706 Girls und Panzer vol.3
*9, **,592 *25,307 Sword Art Online vol.7 Limited Edition
10, **,576 *15,962 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.4 Limited Edition

Still nothing interesting for a couple more weeks.

g40YVRw.gif

Episodes 157-169

So that's where the lost part of Jaya went. Instead of sinking, it was lifted into the sky and became the Upper Yard. MotherofGod.jpg. And there's gold to be found as well....$_$! Why do I get this sinking feeling that the crew won't be leaving Skypiea with the gold (or whatever's left)?

So God isn't really a divine being from the heavens. It's just some pompous asshole with long ass earlobes (seriously, what the fuck kind of a look is that?) with some very strong mantra. And no doubt that the big beam of light from the heavens is just the work of a very powerful dial. Nevertheless, Luffy will definitely has work cut out for him when faces off against Eneru. But first, he'll have to beat some sense into this Wyper clown. I'm sure Zoro will do the same against that other Shandorian warrior.

All in all, I'm getting a kick out of this arc. It's not as serious as the Alabasta arc, which I'm fine with. What I'm getting is a little bit more humor which is what I wanted. I liked both the Luffy/Sanji/Usopp/Satori and Hohenheim/Father[/striker] Gan Fall/Shura fights, and so far the search for the gold has provided some laughs. Just hope the ending delivers.

And I continue to laugh at Chopper's misfortunes. Poor little guy can't catch a break it seems. I could never hate him. Robin on the other hand, is still as boring as ever. Stay losing, Nico Robin.

Blu-ray sales May 6-12

*1, 11,667 358,716 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
*2, *4,538 **4,538 Seitokai Yakuindomo Kaettekita OVA
*3, *2,174 **2,174 AKB0048 next stage vol.2
*4, **,937 *33,008 Girls und Panzer vol.4
*5, **,854 ***,854 Minami-ke: Okawari Blu-ray Box Limited Edition
*6, **,791 *17,923 Love Live! School Idol Project vol.2 (Limited Edition
*7, **,676 *33,706 Girls und Panzer vol.3
*9, **,592 *25,307 Sword Art Online vol.7 Limited Edition
10, **,576 *15,962 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.4 Limited Edition

Still nothing interesting for a couple more weeks.

Did Minami-ke Tadaima bomb? It'd be a shame if it did, it was the best show of the Winter and a better comedy than anything this season as well.

Slayers 5

Yeah, I'm pretty sure at this point that you aren't ever meant to trust Rezzo. Also, the music in Slayers is pretty good. Makes the whole show feel that much more Fantasy. Love that Zelgadis' henchmen are as incompetent as Goury.

I know it's probably nostalgia goggles or whatever, but I hold the original and NEXT very near and dear to my heart. I used to watch the old VHS' with my mom and sister when I was a kid. Love this show to death and I really hope you enjoy it.

Gargantia - 06

Finally watched it. I totally get what duckroll was saying about it feeling like the 2nd act of a film. There's an active change in the protagonist's way of thinking, and things start to move along at quite the pace. Every conversation is important to the story, but the episode isn't structured like a TV anime. No clear overarching conflict or resolution to layer over the main story. Very interesting but not surprising considering Murata's last project/directorial debut was a feature length film. Very cool. Also, great visuals this week, even if the
dancing seemed a bit random. It kind of worked juxtaposed to Ledo trying to figure out what his true desires are.

Also, do we know who the key animator was for that ridiculously beautiful/random water sequence?

Articalys

DVD sales May 6-12

*1, *8,316 *,152,221 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
*2, *6,709 *,**6,709 Initial D Fifth Stage vol.5
*3, *1,948 *,**1,948 One Piece 15th Season Fishman Island piece 6
*4, *1,356 *,**1,356 Seitokai Yakuindomo Kaettekita OVA
*5, *1,207 *,*17,002 Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie Limited Edition
*7, **,678 1,188,370 My Neighbor Totoro
*9, **,558 *,*60,377 Mobile Suit Gundam UC vol.6
10, **,545 *,***,545 AKB0048 next stage vol.02
11, **,520 *,*43,617 Wolf Children
19, **,440 *,**8,690 New Prince of Tennis vol.7
25, **,355 *,**3,722 Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie
26, **,348 *,503,916 Kiki's Delivery Service

Did Minami-ke Tadaima bomb? It'd be a shame if it did, it was the best show of the Winter and a better comedy than anything this season as well.
Looks like it has about 3,600 average across two volumes so far.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The people who are buying individual One Piece volumes have got to be sleeping on beds made of them at this point.

Articalys

CD single sales May 6-12 (too many this week, so below are new releases only, click here for the full >1000 list)

*1, 27,275 27,275 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S OP "sister's noise"
*2, 22,152 22,152 Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% character song Masato Hijirikawa
*4, 19,198 19,198 Saint Young Men "Gag"
*6, 14,872 14,872 Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. ED "Baby Sweet Berry Love"
*9, *9,021 *9,021 Shingeki no Kyojin ED "Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai"
11, *6,309 *6,309 Date A Live OP "Date A Live"
16, *4,436 *4,436 Hetalia Character CD II Vol.2 Japan
19, *4,028 *4,028 Hetalia Character CD II Vol.1 Italy
28, *2,690 *2,690 Date A Live ED "Save the World"

Also, sister's noise was the overall Oricon number one single for the week as well.

Articalys

Also, this seems to have slipped by most people earlier so I'll repost it here since it's sales-related... kind of.

On Sunday, a company that makes documentary DVDs about JSDF vehicles released, among a couple other new videos, one about the history of tanks in the JSDF.
The difference between this and all the other videos in their collection? It has in-character audio commentary from Yukari Akiyama.

8IwBJvU.jpg

For March 12, it ranked in third place on Oricon's overall daily DVD sales chart.

Panzer vor!

Defuser

CD single sales May 6-12 (too many this week, so below are new releases only, click here for the full >1000 list)

*1, 27,275 27,275 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S OP "sister's noise"

Also, sister's noise was the overall Oricon number one single for the week as well.

Well fucking deserved. I hope that means SAT will get more jobs.

wonzo

Banned
Mad Bull 34 3

It's only fitting that such amazing assasination techniques would be acompanied by such an amazing dub. The way that Sleepy
took out that fucking tank at the end was utterly incredible.
I AM NOT WORTHY

cajunator

Banned
Tokyo Godfathers

I don't have a ton to say other than I really enjoyed this and am glad that hosanna's post the other day got me to try out more of Kon's work despite my dislike of Paprika. I think I'll watch Millennium Actress next.

Millennium Actress is not only Kon's best movie, it is one of the best anime movies period.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Didn't think I'd watch anything else after getting a massive headache from laughing my ass off at a friend streaming SMB2USA horribly, but...

Ojamajo Doremi 1

So like this is a show for kids right?
As much as Sailor Moon. Satou doesn't need to adhere to silly things like "demographics".

sonicmj1

I've always been wondering,

is "Sorry to keep you waiting" or any permutation of that some kind of common phrase in Japanese?

It's a common phrase. Omataseshimashita/お待たせしました gets used all the time if you have kept someone waiting for any reason. Waiters usually say it before they deliver your meal, for example.

Kazzy

I'm really going to need an explanation on my pairing.

Yeah, this.
I doubt there's a reason beyond "that was all that was left! "

Though I am flattered, I suppose. I missed out on the original great shipping of 2012.

Probably for the same reason Joshiraku isn't either.

Too much quality? Gotcha!

They are actually viable, though. There has been tons of stuff that only finds a small audience, much of that bad.

Well, I live in hope.

Tokyo Godfathers

Glad you enjoyed it!

Gargantia - 06

Also, do we know who the key animator was for that ridiculously beautiful/random water sequence?

The speculation I've seen is that it's Se Jun Kim. It's apparently similar to his work in Gundam AGE.

Steroyd

Ep6.
Armin said he is dead, he even watched him die. How would he be alive. They even said all of Armin's party was wiped out even.

You take that at face value despite watching/reading ALOT of shounen?

Rule 1:
Dead people aren't dead, till you see their body.
Rule 2:
Even if they are dead, they won't stay dead until it's established there isn't a revivification tool (Dragonballs, Dedicated white mage etc).
In the context of Attack on Titan:
So far the titans have either killed the humans before eating them or just chomped them in half, Eren was swallowed whole minus one arm.

Took a lot longer than expected and tried to include as many as I could. Enjoy.

Defuser x Steroyd

taTmA.gif

Not always. It depends on the material. Kannagi and Shin Sekai got subforums.

I admittedly haven't followed Animesuki closely enough to know in detail what their criteria for establishing subforums are, but I doubt they'd be made for a show that had extremely little discussion going on.

Jarmel

Banned
I admittedly haven't followed Animesuki closely enough to know in detail what their criteria for establishing subforums are, but I doubt they'd be made for a show that had extremely little discussion going on.

It depends on whether there is a lot of secondary or original material but yes a moderate amount of discussion is required though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom