• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What people want are explanations behind your thinking otherwise people will suspect you cobbled it all together willy nilly.

Totally fine with who i ended up with .
In sdburton i trust !

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W - 05
This episode was trully excellent.

Haiyore%21%20Nyaruko-san%20W%20-%2005_01.jpg

I did get a while before i understood this one , such an obscure reference lol. How many people playing that game that are still watching anime these days ????
But it did fit in the sequence of events. so it was fine.

And then i got a norio wakamoto cleaner ?

WTF. He really appears in the most unexpected places !

Then the plot took place with the appearance of kuuko cousin.
Haiyore%21%20Nyaruko-san%20W%20-%2005_02.jpg
Haiyore%21%20Nyaruko-san%20W%20-%2005_03.jpg

Silly kuuko. I hope the author realise that's it's exactly how many people that are intrested in the MC ATM.

I guess cousins can marry each other if they are aliens.
The whole develloppement was nice , even if somewhat forced since they broke the serious parts with jokes.
I wish i had time to make gifs but this post is heavy enough.

AWESOME EPISODE OVERALL

The real part was the bath part with a oh so predictable yet clever trick ( wrap baby ! ) that lead to some awesome mahiro develloppement . I hope he evolve in a harem king in this case

Steroyd

Attack on Titan just seems like an edgy and nontraditional contemporary shonen that continues to go against many trends of the genre that I think the rules just dont even seem to apply for it.
If it did, Eren and Armin would have both received some powerup at that moment, natsu dragneel style. That would have been quite cool and fun

Fairy Tail is an extremely poor barometer for shounen tropes and trends.

Nanoha As - 6

Just when I was starting to feel bad for those guys...

It got worse. That has got to be one of the best villain backstories you could introduce for a conflict. Here we have these four tools created by an evil to be used for evil cursed upon an innocent little girl. Now they just learn how to be a family and vow never to do evil, only for them to realize that the very thing that created them was killing the first master that was kind to them.

Holy shit. Now I'm hyped more than ever. This takes the Fate backstory from the first season and blows it away. And I still haven't reached that zone on the awesome chart yet.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It was bundled with one of the releases of the first volume of the Puchimas anime that was released a month or two back - it's just that no-one bothered ripping it and posting it to the interwebs. I actually have the CD at home, so I know it exists! It even has a weird-sounding Puchidol-only version of the song!

There were also non-group/solo versions of the song on the Puchimas character singles for whichever characters appeared in that OP, and those have been out for ages. They may well be easier to find.

WHAT.

THE INTERNET HAS FAILED ME. ;_;

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W - 06

This episode was great too ..but i'm quite annoyed by mahiro ... i understand that he needs some step to fall back on ..but still being unable to react when SOMEONE DOES THAT or at least not "that" far is really something.

Still the references were awesome

Jintor

Attack on Titan 06

Man. Kinda glad the anime club is basically got this show on so I am 'forced' to watch it because it's really damn good, but not something I would normally seek out on my own.

I thought main girl was badass in that first episode. Apparently I had no fucking idea.

Attack on Titan 06

Man. Kinda glad the anime club is basically got this show on so I am 'forced' to watch it because it's really damn good, but not something I would normally seek out on my own.

I thought main girl was badass in that first episode. Apparently I had no fucking idea.

Don't tell me.....?!?!!

Woo! I'm on a roll today! Fire Emblem Awakening Spoilers Below

Nanoha As - 7

As if the Guardian Knights backstory wasn't bad enough, we find out that Crono's father got himself killed trying to put the Necronomicon out of commission for good. So it's the same issue with Grima in Awakening. Either delay the darkness, or sacrifice yourself and put it away for good. Only in this case his dad killed himself trying to put it out of commission so that basically makes it even harder than Grima to take out.

Once again Tuxedo Mask shows up to ruin everyone's good time. Yeesh. I'm hoping that there's an epic final battle against this guy!

Theonik

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket 01
After the awesome opening scene, (I really want the dude's hat) we are treated to some very dull school antics that made me wish all of them exploded somehow by the end of them. These names, ha! :deeplyrics. And let's not forget how the Feds don't have mobile suits! (I fucking hate her) This is how school shoot-outs start.
Another hilarious thing was
I like how they were supposed to be a neutral colony but suddenly there is a battle there but no-one seems to even notice.

After the awesome opening scene, (I really want the dude's hat) we are treated to some very dull school antics that made me wish all of them exploded somehow by the end of them. These names, ha! :deeplyrics. And let's not forget how the Feds don't have mobile suits! (I fucking hate her) This is how school shoot-outs start.
I like how they were supposed to be a neutral colony but suddenly there is a battle there but no-one seems to even notice.

In for a treat!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Queen's Blade OVA - 01

u5boX2F.png
2V0nyNK.png

Please tell me this is the new Reina x Listy OTP for the 3rd season. Pleeeease!

Alright, so I decided to do some research last night due to the massive confusion I had after I finished the first episode of Rebellion. Apparently 2 OVAs were released before the 3rd season aired that explained what occurred after season 2 ended and acted as a prologue for Rebellion.

They still haven't explained why
Claudette is the queen instead of Reina, but after getting a teaser shot of Reina who looks like she's on a journey I'm sure things will come to light soon enough.

But yeah regarding this episode, we're introduced to our new hero and man does she look and sound awesome. While they didn't make it so obvious before, they're pretty much throwing it in your face at this point to show that Alleyne is playing for the same (nsfw) team.

Jex

I don't think the school sequences were that bad, but luckily they're kept strictly to a minimum. There's not a a lot of 'fat', so to speak, in those OVA's.

Queen's Blade OVA - 01

Alright, so I decided to do some research last night due to the massive confusion I had after I finished the first episode of Rebellion. Apparently 2 OVAs were released before the 3rd season aired that explained what occurred after season 2 ended and acted as a prologue for Rebellion.

They still haven't explained why
Claudette is the queen instead of Reina, but after getting a teaser shot of Reina who looks like she's on a journey I'm sure things will come to light soon enough.

But yeah regarding this episode, we're introduced to our new hero and man does she look and sound awesome. While they didn't make it so obvious before, they're pretty much throwing it in your face at this point to show that Alleyne is playing for the same (nsfw) team.

I'll just say that your confusion on the plot (most of them ) will be answered in the Tv serie.
Yes it's confusing ...But there is a reason for all of this.

I don't think the school sequences were that bad, but luckily they're kept strictly to a minimum. There's not a a lot of 'fat', so to speak, in those OVA's.

I don't think the school sequences can be considered "fat". Spoilers for all of War in the Pocket:
The point is to contrast the children's naive, uninformed view of war as "cool" with the deeply personal perspective that Alfred gains of the tragedy war brings to the lives on both sides. The final scene of the OVA drives this home in a poignant manner.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W - 06

This episode was great too ..but i'm quite annoyed by mahiro ... i understand that he needs some step to fall back on ..but still being unable to react when SOMEONE DOES THAT or at least not "that" far is really something.

Still the references were awesome

It's a fun show, though I'm waaaay behind on everything thanks to a Star Trek: TNG rewatch (at least the 2nd and 3rd season BD's).

Jex

I don't think the school sequences can be considered "fat". Spoilers for all of War in the Pocket:
The point is to contrast the children's naive, uninformed view of war as "cool" with the deeply personal perspective that Alfred gains of the tragedy war brings to the lives on both sides. The final scene of the OVA drives this home in a poignant manner.

I'm not suggesting that the school scenes are fat, rather that every scene (including the school scenes) serve a very clear purpose. In a lesser series they would be fluff.

CorvoSol

Glad you enjoyed it!

The speculation I've seen is that it's Se Jun Kim. It's apparently similar to his work in Gundam AGE.

That'd explain it, much as I despised Gundam AGE, the animation was high quality, and the action pretty good most of the time. Some of the character designs were horrible abominations and the plot was insulting and terrible, but that is unrelated.

Hayate no gotoku cuties - 05
Was that the hinagiku episode ?

Well i'm not a fan of the changes made to the setting and the things added even if they followed the base plot.

Still it's better than nothing i guess.
Hinagiku was always high in my rankings and that hasn't changed

Westlo

Hayate no gotoku cuties - 05
Was that the hinagiku episode ?

Well i'm not a fan of the changes made to the setting and the things added even if they followed the base plot.

Still it's better than nothing i guess.
Hinagiku was always high in my rankings and that hasn't changed

Did they do "Athena" yet? And how did the explain her after skipping the two most important story arcs of the manga?

SDBurton

Queen's Blade OVA - 02

EZTtYPo.png
uDfe254.png

Enter Siggy the Inquisitor

Second episode introduces us to Siggy, an inquisitor in training. Hardcore in her faith, she has no problem declaring people heretics and burning them at the stake as it is her definition of 'mercy'. I can already tell she's going to be one of my favorites, and not because she took a a thing (nsfw) or two (nsfw) from Melpha.

Now that I took care of those two OVAs I can now get back to Rebellion with some idea of what's going on. :lol

Naruto 1 Dub

As I did with Soul Eater I will be watching all the episodes of Naruto to catch up with the Toonami showing.

It's hard to remember a time where Naruto was the village outcast and Iruka played a large role in the plot. Having Naruto gain the shadow clone jutsu makes him not complete garbage and now that I have a better understanding of the Naruto universe from reading the manga I can see why it's a very powerful skill. Dub voices for all the main cast are pretty good, Naruto needs to STFU with all his Believe It nonsense and Sakura awful but other then that everyone works well.

Did they do "Athena" yet? And how did the explain her after skipping the two most important story arcs of the manga?

They already did "athena" in cuties and no they didn't bother to explain that stuff.

To merge all the arcs , the current setting is that nagi got his huge house and money back but continued to loan the old house ( with buttler services ) to the rest of the cast and she uses that opportunity to bond with everyone and spend time there on the week-ends.

Thanks to this convenient escuse , they don't have to explain the "athena" arc. and can use events from all the arcs as a character specific episode.

They also skipped RUKA introduction arc completely ( since parts of that arc are also tied to the last pendant arc ) and probably won't bother explaining how she come to meet everyone.

It's somewhat clever BUT it's also a terrible way to continue the serie and just confuse people who only saw the anime. Most will wonder why the hell hinagiku got the senbonzakura ( improved version ) or how they ( everyone from the cast ) came to live together . They just ignored that stuff.

It's too bad since the anime , aside from those changes is now a 1:1 anime to manga adaptation

Hayate no gotoku cuties - 06
Blushing make you popular ( not untrue ).

I guess highschool after school classrooms are always the setting for the most intresting encounters.
However , when i was in school long ago i never encountered one.

Queen's Blade OVA - 02

Second episode introduces us to Siggy, an inquisitor in training. Hardcore in her faith, she has no problem declaring people heretics and burning them at the stake as it is her definition of 'mercy'. I can already tell she's going to be one of my favorites, and not because she took a a thing (nsfw) or two (nsfw) from Melpha.

Now that I took care of those two OVAs I can now get back to Rebellion with some idea of what's going on. :lol
I'm pretty sure this isn't the right way to use dropbox links in forom, sdburton.
What you linked is your private link that only you can see.
You should share the file in question and then replace "www" in the sharing link dropbox provides by "dl" and then everyone will be able to see your pics.

Nanoha As - 8

Oh boy, now things are starting to get intense.

So Hayate's condition is getting worse and the Guardian Knights are getting more and more desperate while the Time-Space Admins are still trying to stop them. Damn it this is getting painful :(.

I'm getting a feeling that Tuxedo Mask had something to do with changing the Tome of the Night Sky to the Necronomicon, only question is; why?

I'm also getting bad vibes from those two cat-women and that...general dude. Shit has really gotten real now.

Naruto Dub 2

I feel like an episode of Naruto seeing a younger version of himself should have more impact on the story and development of Naruto as a character. The only thing this episode leads to is Harem Jutsu and IIRC both that and Sexy never get used in any canon material again outside of a joke or two involving Jiraiya

Naruto 1 Dub

As I did with Soul Eater I will be watching all the episodes of Naruto to catch up with the Toonami showing.

It's hard to remember a time where Naruto was the village outcast and Iruka played a large role in the plot. Having Naruto gain the shadow clone jutsu makes him not complete garbage and now that I have a better understanding of the Naruto universe from reading the manga I can see why it's a very powerful skill. Dub voices for all the main cast are pretty good, Naruto needs to STFU with all his Believe It nonsense and Sakura awful but other then that everyone works well.

Sakura's voice is awful? I thought that is fitting for her voice, as well as by all the other various characters that VA uses her Sakura voice.

SDBurton

I'm pretty sure this isn't the right way to use dropbox links in forom, sdburton.
What you linked is your private link that only you can see.
You should share the file in question and then replace "www" in the sharing link dropbox provides by "dl" and then everyone will be able to see your pics.

Fixed. Thanks for catching that.

Sakura's voice is awful? I thought that is fitting for her voice, as well as by all the other various characters that VA uses her Sakura voice.

It's not the voice itself it's the delivery of the lines in some scenes, especially when all the "ooh sasuke" stuff happens like in

Naruto dub 3

Ugh the last 5 minutes of this episode with Naruto as Sasuke talking to Sakura made me cringe. Sakura's inner personality thing is really annoying am I'm glad it was dropped later in the series. A lot of the comedy in this episode fell really flat, outside of the Naruto Sasuke kiss scene :dtl

Jex

Why isn't Hyouka licensed yet?

Based on how licensing anime tends to work, the license holder is probably asking for too much money to license it, and the American distributor knows they won't be able to make any profit based on that price.

/XX/

I know I don't post as much, but I do here and there and I just want to say bye for few months. Iam gonna ask for a ban since I can't really concentrate on my studies and beyond. I may come back for E3 for 3 days and ask for another until August. My studies is turning into shit, I shouldn't blame GAF... but i sort am. Hopefully this move ups my grade even for a bit.

Have a nice season(s?) You guys rocks!
I hope it all goes well, faridmon! :)

I must admit, the SDBurton-DTL war is slightly amusing to watch.
The first casualty of the recon unit, 7Th, helped to intensify the tension between both factions... I suppose.

Took a lot longer than expected and tried to include as many as I could. Enjoy.
Do you... do you really hate me, SDBurton? I thought you promised not to forget about me again... maybe I did something you didn't like, could it be? I'm sorry if that's the case. :'-(

Jex

Mad Bull 34 3

It's only fitting that such amazing assasination techniques would be acompanied by such an amazing dub. The way that Sleepy
took out that fucking tank at the end was utterly incredible.
I AM NOT WORTHY
It's always good to see another human being voluntarily exposing themselves to the masterpiece that is Mad Bull 34.

I just realized there was something I didn't like about Yes! Pretty Cure 5's designs.

Their outfits looked like they went through a piss filter. Clearly, that's why people hate on it (outside of having a shitty side cast).

Mature

Based on how licensing anime tends to work, the license holder is probably asking for too much money to license it, and the American distributor knows they won't be able to make any profit based on that price.
Did Hyouka sell well? I seem to remember that that particular circumstance usually derives from the license holder expecting it to sell similar numbers overseas, which obviously just wouldn't be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom