• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

[Guilty Crown] 09

This episode was pretty okay. The call between Dan and Segai was funny. Shu wasn't a sack of crap the entire time either.

[Guilty Crown] 10
ibx8kY4dOxwOYr.jpg
iQQWTrPDSD690.jpg

One minute, Shu. So close.
HAHAAA! FORGET ABOUT THAT SHIT. IT'S A NEW EPISODE.

Why won't they just chronicle the adventures of Colonel Dan EAGLEMAN already?

Watched through episode 19 of Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water.

Sanson is seriously the best. Dude saves kids, punches robots, and wears killer suits. He needs to be in every Gainax series from now on.

---------------------------

I also have a story from recess. I was hanging with some of my 3rd year students (14/15 years old). My guys were discussing their junk, and the girls were making fun of each other's lack of boobs and groping each other. Then the girls started to make fun of the dudes' junk and the dudes started calling the girls flat. Which then turned into the guys coming to me and interrogating me about my junk while the girl's eagerly listened in from the corner, which then turned into a weird mangled English conversation. This then degenerated into the kids stealing each other's hats and throwing them into the sand.

It was an experience. I had it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Queen blade S2 is just way better than the first.
The first had good episode ..but fell appart on his own toward the middle.
S2 had actually a very good balance between characters and fights to the point that it captured the fighting part of the games while keeping the "peculiar" cast intact.

That's like ...very impressive.
S2 also helped since boobs do sell , they actually had a decent budget this time leading to a very pleaseant season.

Very true!

===================

Queen's Blade OVA 7-9

Episodes 7 and 8 were okay, episode 9 knocked it out of the park. Alleyne x Nowa just earned major points right now.

Dat tongue waggling and boob sucking. :O

I also have a story from recess. I was hanging with some of my 3rd year students (14/15 years old). My guys were discussing their junk, and the girls were making fun of each other's lack of boobs and groping each other. Then the girls started to make fun of the dudes' junk and the dudes started calling the girls flat. Which then turned into the guys coming to me and interrogating me about my junk while the girl's eagerly listened in from the corner, which then turned into a weird mangled English conversation. This then degenerated into the kids stealing each other's hats and throwing them into the sand.

This really happened? Japanese schoolkids, man. I didn't realize anime was that realistic!

Mature

that effect was good, but I feel like that explosion effect has been reused in different ways for pretty much every sakuga explosion in anime ever lol.

wilhelm scream of anime explosions.
I think that's debatable. The spiraling outward part has been done plenty before, but there was enough to make it look unique. And I can't imagine there's many ways to present the expansion part of it without making it look a bit goofy.

Though sort of on the same subject, I'd like to see more explosions from a different viewpoint than the ground. Nearly every explosion in TTGL had the pov of a small animal or something. That's not to say they were bad (they were brilliant in TTGL) I'd just like to see it from a different angle once in a while.

Sakuga > cute
Atta boy.

Watched through episode 19 of Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water.
Ah! You smoked me... I'm watching with a friend a few times a week so my pace is a bit glacial.

Wh-what. How could this be real..!?

Lewd.

...Go on.

Hey now, I'm not one to stab and tell. Gotta have some privacy ya know!

Seriously, you're squandering a fortune not writing a LN about this stuff.

Shergal

Though sort of on the same subject, I'd like to see more explosions from a different viewpoint than the ground. Nearly every explosion in TTGL had the pov of a small animal or something. That's not to say they were bad (they were brilliant in TTGL) I'd just like to see it from a different angle once in a while.

Does this help?

Hopefully Space Dandy & KlK will feature a ton of dense, wacky, mesmerizing explosions this Fall!

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 14

Opal-themed episodes are the best. Her narcissistic elegance and haughtiness is so absurdly fun to watch, especially when her face gets rubbed in the dirt. The premise of this episode, sticking Ruby to her rump, provided plenty of opportunities for that.

QltIUkb.jpg

s1iA8s3.jpg

IMhOJ1f.jpg

I love it when animators play around with distorted character designs like this.

I totally lost it when
it turned out that there actually was a "mysterious combat contest"!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami 01:

Yup, this is a mahou shoujo alright. It even has mascots (FUCK) and plastic shit. 30 years of a genre that's too afraid to strive for success solely on the quality of its content! We're also witness to the unholy fusion of magical girls and IDOL CULTURE 30 years before Dokidoki's sad sack attempt at it.

Premise is as follows: Yuu is a young girl (whoda thunkit?) who sees a crystal ark floating in the sky after a series of strange phenomena. She's abducted into the ship after two mascots (again, FUCK) confirm that she was able to see the ship and lead her through some kind of acid trip vision quest where she slays a dragon while riding an antelope and eventually meets some little alien creature who tells her the secrets of Feather Star and how every human is secretly implanted with knowledge of it at birth or some shit. As a reward for her being able to see the ship, she's given special powers for one year on the condition that she loses the powers if her secret gets out. So, she's handed some plastic shit and discovers that if she recites an incantation, she transforms into CREAMY MAMI, which...uhh....just gives her purple hair and a perm and slightly longer limbs. Her new appearance allows her to break into the idol business. However will she manage to balance her two lives and keep her secret????!?!!!!?!?!??!?

My description may sound derisive, but it's only because the premises of mahou shoujo shows are all bullshit anyway. Once the show is just about the central conceit and how it affects Yuu's life, I'm sure it'll be fine. A couple of notes:

• The show's setting seems to be the then-present, but bizarrely there's one piece of future tech in amongst the early-80s drudgery: an object called a Roller Stick, which is like a one-wheeled segway that drags you down the street on roller skates instead of standing on a platform. It's...........really weird and wouldn't work in real life at all.
  • There is a ton of pantsu in this. I weep for all the kids for whom this show planted the seeds of an eventual lolita complex.

I'm done trying to find a reason to post this

I'd love to hear how someone asks about your junk in a subtle fashion. And also your reaction.

Basically imagine somebody walking up to you, kind of awkwardly. And then they get close and just say "Big?" in English with a heavy Japanese accent.

"You... big?"

Shergal

Do I need to watch the first season of Fate/Zero to understand the second season? Or can I jump straight into it?

It's all the same continuity, it was done in split-cour fashion where half of the show airs in a given season, they have a break, and the second half airs in the other season. You should watch the "first season" before going into the second.

Mothman91

It's all the same continuity, it was done in split-cour fashion where half of the show airs in a given season, they have a break, and the second half airs in the other season. You should watch the "first season" before going into the second.

Ahh ok, I understand. Thanks.

Mature

Is the dancing girl actually a character from the show or just special appearance for the ED? I don't seem to recall seeing her, but maybe she appeared in later chapters.
She's not a character from the show. I just assumed she was the one singing the song.

Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami 01:

Yup, this is a mahou shoujo alright. It even has mascots (FUCK) and plastic shit. 30 years of a genre that's too afraid to strive for success solely on the quality of its content! We're also witness to the unholy fusion of magical girls and IDOL CULTURE 30 years before Dokidoki's sad sack attempt at it.

Relevant:

Wikipedia said:
Creamy Mami (1983) is known as a pioneer of the new marketing strategy, now known as “media mix”. They used an anime to promote a new, least-known idol singer. The real idol singer, Takako Ohta, acted as an idol singer (Creamy Mami) also in the story. The opening theme Delicate ni Suki Shite was her first song in the real world too. Even though Ohta was a new singer and not a trained voice actress, she voiced Yū/Creamy Mami. The result was a great success. The anime Creamy Mami has become famous and Ohta gained a high popularity that still exists today.

wonzo

Banned
Mad Bull 34 2

madbull342.jpg

Leave it to Sleepy to make a jockstrap entirely out of grenades. I guess it wouldn't be a Kazuo Koike series without the obligatory rape scene but I must say the entire
Perrine marrying Daizaburo to save his life bit in the Hospital
was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

never ever change, kazuo koike

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 42

"SHE HAS STEROIDS IN HER BODY! SHE MUST BE A CYBER NEWTYPE!"

"WHAT GIVES DOCTORS THE RIGHT TO MESS WITH PEOPLE'S BODIES?"
"SCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIENCE!"

"LT. EMMA TAKE OFF YOUR TOP I AM A DOCTOR AND NEED TO INSPECT YOUR BREASTS."

Excluding Haman Khan, is there any woman Kamile doesn't have chemistry with? I feel the plot of Zeta might not be as tight as Wing or SEED, but I'll be damned if there aren't some endearing characters.

Although this show has severely lessened my opinion of Char as it has gone along. And Amuro. And basically anyone who was on White Base who wasn't Mirai or Bright Noa. Oh, I guess Kai was okay, too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So there's this company that makes documentary DVDs or something about all the different kinds of vehicles in the JSDF. Last week they released, among a couple other new videos, one about the history of tanks in the JSDF.
The difference between this and all the other videos in their collection? It has in-character audio commentary from Yukari Akiyama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeowHXGlAPU

Yesterday, it ranked in third place on Oricon's overall daily DVD sales charts.

Behold the power of Panzer.

Clearly they need to make Girls and Battleships and Girls and Jets and re-release those DVDs after. It really is /ak's dream. lol

That said, I watched a 6 part documentary about Pararescue Jumpers, so I guess I'm a dudebro at heart.

Shergal

Is it hackneyed to say Iso is my favorite animator? Seems like he's on such a different level. I love that scene from Voogie's Angel, even though I haven't seen an episode of the show. So good.

I also feel like a dick for not finishing Denno Coil yet.

Iso is pretty fucking insane, yeah. My taste is even more generic, because my favourite scene by him is his EoE one, lol. I don't know if he's my favourite animator though, that's a hard choice to make.

CorvoSol

Betterman 23

I can't help but think Keita just implied that he wants to have sex with Betterman in this episode. Also Sho got Kaede pregnant so he's finally gonna make her an honest woman. Which leads Asami to say sex is only for making super powered babies, which leads to the suggestion that the reason robots require two pilots is because it takes two to make these super babies and advance, and so Keita suggested that Betterman helps them for this reason.

Ergo, Keita wants to have sex with Betterman.

Oh, and Sakura's super power is due to her having ADHD. I wish I was making that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom