• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAcOdIn

I believe they do that in the LN. In fact, as far as I know, it happened pretty early in the story (at least partially), but that part was omitted in the anime for some reason.

This is second hand information, but as far as I remember,
Maou explains that there was a rather brutal civil war amongst demons, and he managed to end the war by uniting them in a war against the humans, which he believed were just lower creatures - essentially mere parasites. He had never actually seen a human, let alone talked to one, at that point.
Well, at least that's what I've read somewhere.
Well, that's not exactly a good reason.
It's not going anywhere, lol. It'll get glossed over like everything else in this show. I think excusing their culpability somehow is also the worst thing they could do.

Look, I don't mind the show being 'just' a silly romcom, it's just that their character arcs are so tied up into the backstory that as long as that remains unresolved, the romcom stuff will never get going, either. We see this happening with Emi, it's happening with Chiho, and it'll happen with any new character it introduces, because the status quo is what allows the whole thing to happen. And a show that never moves forward is one that's doomed to be unsatisfying.

And if we're going into real talk territory, all the girls suck! The best character/husbando is Alsiel and it's not even a contest.
Err, is Chiho's arc really tied into the backstory? I don't think so. Regardless though, yes it's not going anywhere. Luckily it's also not going to go on forever.

Theonik

It's on the backlog, but from what I understand the main manly man is a lolicon which may just push it a bit higher.
You should get on it. Let the OP/ED guide you.

Yo what I say about sexualizing Precures?
And my response was this

http://puu.sh/2P7Kg
More recycling than Toei.

But GAF has a hate force for everything, and even then, TTGL gets away relatively unscathed.
Unscathed is a big word in this case. The people who hate the second part REALLY hate it.
Evilore shit on it once too I think.

Pretty much that.
You truly are DTL's successor.

Stulaw

Eyeshield 21 Season 1, Ep1-15

I've never read the manga, but I thought that since this was still on CrunchyRoll, I'd give it a try since I like One-Punch Manand thought that a sports Manga would be better if it was animated.

I like it so far, and most of the characters, although I really don't get Mamori's problem with Sena being Eyeshield 21, I mean, even when she did find out (in ep 15) Hiruma came up with a plan that used confused her and the chameleons with loads of Eyeshields, and yet despite it being obvious that Sena is Eyeshield, she still puts him down saying "of course it can't be you that saved me" and other stuff like "you're so small and weak", it's like she has a mental blockade that tells herto insult him every time there's a possibility that he might be better than she thinks, and he puts up with it. To that point, I don't really like Sena, but he's the main character, so I assume that he'll get better as the story goes on.

Still I'm going to keep on watching, it's interesting to learn about a sport I've never really watched outside of the Superbowl one time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I KNEW IT! Not sure if there's anything else similar to it. The Artstyle reminds me on the Kurumi/Karen/Komachi/Rin doujin, but I mentioned how it was ruined later into the doujin.

I may have to give that a look when I get home, can't remember it off the top of my head.

Yes so glad Sentai got This Boy Caught a Merman (Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita.), after This Boy Can Fight Aliens was hoping for more from the creator, I wonder what other shorts are on it.

tumblr_mlkhpfxti01s7un2mo2_500.jpg

Jex

Flicking through the last few pages of this thread makes me feel a bit like an old man because I honestly don't recognise about 1/4 of the posters or instantly remember what their particular tastes and interests are. Even though I read this thread multiple times a day!

CorvoSol

I'd even wager Sol should just skip to the second half but eh.

Is there a movie trilogy? I should just watch those instead.

Flicking through the last few pages of this thread makes me feel a bit like an old man because I honestly don't recognise about 1/4 of the posters or instantly remember what their particular tastes and interests are. Even though I read this thread multiple times a day!

My goal is to someday have :corvosol mean something. So far I'm guessing it means unwarranted rage 3 episodes into a critically acclaimed show.

Well, I can't say I really expected anything out of Photo Kano, regardless of the director.

I don't think Yokoyama is a good chief director. His Marimo no Hana short was pretty lame too, despite getting some good animators for it.

I need to take on a new lewd series since To Loveru sucks for the most part.

Mysterious Girlfriend X is one of the finest erotically-themed works I've seen.

Time marches on.

mAcOdIn

That's just old age.

RubyFaith

I told myself I would never forget the title to this anime ever again because this will be the third flipping time but sure enough, it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't make out the words for jack squat.

It's fairly old, not too old. Maybe made in the mid or late 90s. The setting is in the past I believe. There are castles, villages, carriages, etc.

The main character is female with orange-ish redish hair that ties back into a long thick braid. There's this power she has that passes on to someone out of the whole population every so often I believe. She's like the bamf woman version of Fist of the North Star.

She says "My fist has no equal" or something like that.

Her secluded brother is this bamf legend who uses a fucking boomerang to take down his enemies. He's a has been tho.

She has a another "brother" whose not her real brother. He's younger and adopted and he adapts her real brother's boomerang power or move or whatever. He's kind of like the Sakura of the show because he's useless but then he becomes kinda bamf. Or maybe I can't remember.

The show title is two words (I think).

The opening has one of the best opening songs ever. /bias

Help me please.
; - ;

Uraizen

Banned
I think that its time to finally finish TTGL. I'm kind of embarrassed that it's even taken this long, but in my defense, it is so well-paced and easy to watch, that I wanted to try and watch the remaining episodes in one sitting.

Barring something horrendous in the final half, I will more than likely have glowing things to say about it too.

I am pleased.

jbug617

Banned
I told myself I would never forget the title to this anime ever again because this will be the third flipping time but sure enough, it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't make out the words for jack squat.

It's fairly old, not too old. Maybe made in the mid or late 90s. The setting is in the past I believe. There are castles, villages, carriages, etc.

The main character is female with orange-ish redish hair that ties back into a long thick braid. There's this power she has that passes on to someone out of the whole population every so often I believe. She's like the bamf woman version of Fist of the North Star.

She says "My fist has no equal" or something like that.

Her secluded brother is this bamf legend who uses a fucking boomerang to take down his enemies. He's a has been tho.

She has a another "brother" whose not her real brother. He's younger and adopted and he adapts her real brother's boomerang power or move or whatever. He's kind of like the Sakura of the show because he's useless but then he becomes kinda bamf. Or maybe I can't remember.

The show title is two words (I think).

The opening has one of the best opening songs ever. /bias

Help me please.
; - ;

Shadow Skill?

67844-_large__animepaper_scans_shadow_skill_piocarrot_0.76___thisres__204190_large.jpg

Theonik

Part of the reason I loved Vividred was because it was so similar to Strike Witches. Though I'm completely biased since I'm way too absorbed into the fanbase.

Also, I think you need to watch it too since you seem to have read so many doujins of it and appreciate Null's artwork!
I think I have all the work produced by Null on my hard drive even!
2gud
And it's on the list. I basically have infinite time till early October now. Will be done.

cjkeats

Finished Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Loved every second of it.
Stuck with the dub for the most part and thought it was very well done.
Didn't see the ending coming. From what I understand we'll never actually see more right? lol

I think I'm gonna watch Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom