• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyFaith

Shadow Skill?

67844-_large__animepaper_scans_shadow_skill_piocarrot_0.76___thisres__204190_large.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

BLESS YOU

Ugh, knowing the letter 's' was in it but not sure what the words were bugged me.

Thank you kindly.

Jex

Proof that this season is crap for the most part.

I don't know, Aku No Hana, Gargantia, Attack on Titan and Valvrave alone make this a pretty good season. People seem to like Maou-sama and Yuyushiki as well, although I haven't dabbled in them myself. I can think of far, far worse seasons than this!

The only real disappointment is Azael-san 2 .

Chihayafuru 2 19:
Perfect.
The team tournament wraps up with an incredible ending. I thought it was very fitting that this time Mizusawa was able to win by correctly synchronizing their cards for the luck of the draw situation, and really showing how they grew. Even though I didn't really think they would lose, the final moments of the match were incredible. The music did a really great job of increasing the tension for the climax of the match. Plus, then we get the great reactions (I loved Kana's shushing and insistence on hearing the rest of the verse) and the reunion with Arata as a great end to the episode.

Articalys

A couple cast announcements:

First, for The World God Only Knows S3, they've announced three new cast members: Yuka Iguchi as Tsukiyo, Ayahi Takagaki as Yui, and Haruka Tomatsu as Lune. Looks like it's apparently a 2-cour show as well.

Second, for upcoming action fantasy Tokyo Ravens, we have staff and cast details:

Director: Takaomi Kanasaki (Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka S1&2)
Series Composition: Hideyuki Kurata (Kannagi, Oreimo S1&2, all TWGOK series)
Character Design: Atsuko Watanabe (Acchi Kocchi)
Animation Production: 8-Bit (Aquarion Evol, Infinite Stratos)

Cast:
Kaito Ishikawa as Harutora Tsuchimikado
Kana Hanazawa as Natsume Tsuchimikado
Hisako Kanemoto as Hokuto
Ryohei Kimura as Touji Ato
Ayane Sakura as Suzuka Dairenji
Aki Toyosaki as Kon
Eri Kitamura as Kyouko Kurahashi
Hiro Shimono as Tenma Momoe
plot reminder said:
The school supernatural fantasy centers around Harutora, a boy from a branch of the Tsuchimikado family of onmyōdō occult practitioners. However, he lacks the ability to see spirit energy, so he is now just an ordinary high school student. Natsume, a girl who was Harutora's childhood friend and the next head of the Tsuchimikado family, reunites with Harutora and changes his future.

Jex

Valvrave 6
Will every prominent girl on this show be mentally deficient?

I really don't know what you're referring to. Seriously, Saki seems to have it together better than everyone! Shoko seems to be doing pretty well too, apart from her belief that the power of singing and cheering will change everything. Oh wait, scratch that, it does change everything. Further proof that she's right!

A couple cast announcements:

First, for The World God Only Knows S3, they've announced three new cast members: Yuka Iguchi as Tsukiyo, Ayahi Takagi as Yui, and Haruka Tomatsu as Lune. Looks like it's apparently a 2-cour show as well.

Well at least 2-cour does mean not as many gimped conquests before reaching the Goodness arcs.

Though I do wonder about not showing the seiyuus for some of the girls.

trejo

I can't help but notice that over the last few pages there's been a decidedly unacceptable lack of lists and this being animeGAF means we simply can't have that!

So now that we're over halfway through the season I thought it would be gracious of me to share with you all what shows I'm still keeping up with currently. No need to thank me.

Still watching:

Attack on Titan
Gargantia
Valvrave
Majestic Prince
Hataraku Maou-sama
Muromi-san
Azazel-san Z

Dropped:

Red Data Girl
Nyarko-san W
Photo Kano
Date A Live
Devil Survivor 2
Oreimo 2
My Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Uta Prince 200%
Mushibugyo
Railgun S
Crime Edge
Hentai Neko
Yuyushiki
Karneval
Aiura

Shit for shiteaters:

Flowers of Evil

yami4ct

You say that like there are any intelligent men in Valvrave.

I was going to say Haruto isn't that dumb but then I thought "nahhhh".

As insane as he is, I don't think you'd could call L-elf stupid. He's the only one on the show that's shown a modicum of intelligence so far.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Episode 6
tumblr_mmyvnfxxX01qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mmyvnfxxX01qbxqfpo1_500.png

Not the best episode but certainly still watchable. I hope we get more random comparisons, made me chuckle a bit. Hiki's insight is always good, though I wish part of the periphery cast had appearances.

Infinite Stratos - 1

So this is a world where women hold dominance over men just because they can pilot super fighting robots and men can't. I'm somewhat interested, I'll have to see where it goes in the next episode. But now I must cycle back to CardCaptor Sakura.

So, in my backlog so far, I've got two magical girl shows, one sad drama, and a mecha high school drama. Ah this is gonna be fun.

Articalys

According to Sentai's panel today, their three best-selling titles are Highschool Of The Dead, Angel Beats, and Demon King Daimaou (Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou).

-------------------------------

In completely unrelated news, apparently some form of BlazBlue anime has been announced. No details at all besides its existence, but I'd bet on it being a prequel OVA or something.

Andrew J.

Finished Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Loved every second of it.
Stuck with the dub for the most part and thought it was very well done.
Didn't see the ending coming. From what I understand we'll never actually see more right? lol

Yeah, it's too bad. You know it won GAF's AOTY award? There are philistines here who act like it didn't deserve it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
In completely unrelated news, apparently some form of BlazBlue anime has been announced. No details at all besides its existence, but I'd bet on it being a prequel OVA or something.

That game actually has a story? Could've fooled me.

Will watch for Noel.

Theonik

Dirty Pair 09
ibw8P9bgBBax9h.png

80s anime is best anime
This episode was very fun, just from the faces it was worth it, but we also got some awesome slapkuga and this. But what was that guy REALLY looking for there.
Dat ending.

We are entering the animeGAF recursive timeline.
God Cars help us.

That game actually has a story? Could've fooled me.

Will watch for Noel.
Best story. Also I'm looking forward to your OTPs

Awesome but it will probably be shit so I'll keep my expectations to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom