• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial D Fifth Stage 13&14

OMG KEISUKE YOU ARE AWESOME!

That was some seriously nice racing with the emotions and comments. Really loved the end of the race. Got chills around the end of the race.

So HYPED for Takumi vs Shinji.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@higuchishinji: 凄いテンションでキルラキルのコンテ打ち。終わったところで馬鹿話してたらやってきた社長に泣きそうな顔で「お願いします…」と懇願された。わかったよ社長!社長が今まで籍を置いたスタジオジブリ、ガイナックスの社是…作品を作る上での姿勢を受け継いで、貫くよ!ズッカーン!

@SieteSeventh: Shinji Higuchi confirms that he is doing the storyboard for a Kill la Kill episode.

Yesssss

wonzo

Banned
I told ya bro, based Nagahama
bow.gif

cajunator

Banned
The Best I've Ever Watched:
Martian Successor Nadesico
Full Metal Panic!-Fumoffu-The Second Raid
Eureka Seven
G Gundam
The Big O
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: The War in the Pocket

Pretty Damn Good:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Code Geass
GaoGaiGar-Final
Vision of Escaflowne
Rin-ne no Lagrange
Mobile Suit Gundam

It's Good:
Zoids New Century Zero
ReBuild of Evangelion
Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Gundam SEED

It's Not Bad:
08th MS Team
Broken Blade

Yeah It's Pretty Bad:
Betterman
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Gundam SEED Destiny

It's Truly Awful:
Rah Xephon
Gundam AGE

I Would Not Wish it On My Worst Enemy:
Gundam 00

Still Watching:
Gun x Sword
Kiddy Grade
Code Geass R2
ZZ Gundam
Gargantia
Majestic Prince
Valvrave

I think I would only go so far as to call it inconvenient and somewhat embarrassing at this juncture, tho.

Corvy-kun, that's a good list!
Makes me happy that you liked Rinne no Lagrange.

Syrinx

Princess Tutu 24

Do Tutu discovers that the pendant that turns her into Princess Tutu is in fact one of the prince's heart shares, meaning that recovering his heart is what he intended all along. Too bad when she gives it back, she'll go back to being a duck permanently. That was a pretty sad scene with Uzura when she came to that realization. The pit-pat of her tears on her drum made that scene for me.

And oh yeah, Edel tells Duck this, fucking up Drosselmeyer's story. So good to see her make a return.

They gather the heart shards which summons the raven. Kraehe tells him to fuck off when he tells her to give him Mytho. Then when Mytho is going to him, she offers to sacrifice herself because she loves Mytho too much. The prince is saved thanks to her. Now hopefully someone can save her.

I'll finish this tomorrow.

Tenumi

Banned
I should really watch Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu sometime. I watched the first series on Netflix a while ago. I know the second is there, I just need to sit down and start it.

...Hmm, maybe tomorrow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Happy birthday cajun? (I don't even know when it is anymore!).

Also.

Aku no Hana 7's final scene is the best thing ever. I embrace the rotoscope future. CG is dead, long live live action.

Arjuna 3

This episode was actually rather pleasant, probably because of all the forest nature shots. Is it ever explained why the boyfriend has a gun?

Anyway too tired to watch more of this tonight, hopefully things will pick up soon.

cajunator

Banned
Garzey's Wing (English Dub)

tumblr_mag701beU61r5k94do1_400.gif

2UmXc.gif

"Words cannot describe how awesomely bad this is." - Lafiel

This is one of the great miracles of mankind. Savor this gift. Never forget what you have experienced.

Happy birthday Cajunyan.

OMG Extollere! Where have you beeeeen?!
I missed you!

Happy birthday cajun? (I don't even know when it is anymore!).

Also.

Aku no Hana 7's final scene is the best thing ever. I embrace the rotoscope future. CG is dead, long live live action.

Its Sunday, May 19th actually.
Squeeday.

Narag

Evangelion 3.33

DZKJsill.png

Well, uh, that certainly was something. I don't particularly feel trolled by Anno in the end, rather I feel like I witnessed what happens when individual good ideas are mashed together without any sense of elegance.

The biggest problem I have is so much of the movie could have been averted had someone, anyone, communicated the current situation to Shinji who is apparently characterized as Shinji with a spine early on and could have accepted the scenario. Instead it seems like bad storytelling to purposefully isolate him for the sake of making him susceptible to Kaworu who ironically ends up being the person most kind to him in the end. At that point though, Shinji was in TV series angst mode and deaf to even Kaworu's pleas.

There's a lot of bad to go around in this. Visually, I thought this was a mess and had trouble processing what was going on in some scenes. The CG was terrible and invasive beyond what I would have believed anyone could have told me it was, that airship was offensive in the sense it seemed to eschew the elegant mechanical designs of the tv series for the sake of having a sky whale, everyone seems like a caricature of themselves, and every event in this feels entirely superfluous to the grand scheme of things despite Gendo's assertion that certain things had advanced.

That said, I did like some elements. Time skip? I think that's a great followup to the ending Third Impact stuff of 2.22. It showed that event carried great consequence to it assuming it's true given Kaworu neglecting to tell Shinji his role in it. Speaking of which, I really liked Kaworu becoming hesitant toward the end of his role. Between the TV series and the movies, him showing doubt or hesitation was something I would have never once considered so it was a pleasant surprise. I also liked the Unit 2 777 mode (I think?) as it seemed to be a natural evolution of the feral qualities of a berserking Eva and hinted at the level of control the pilots had over the units now. I didn't even mind the idea of Misato's grudge against the Evas finally consuming her but couldn't stand how it was actually portrayed. Just neat things that weren't executed well, sadly.

If this had been handled with more care, I could have seen myself really getting into it as at times I felt myself actually caring about events taking place rather than the usual checking to see how much runtime was left. It's just disappointing to get a bad movie that takes itself far too seriously and abandons qualities that defines a franchise simply just because.

As an aside, I didn't even realize that was Ritsuko initially and I kept thinking of Leeron from Gurren Lagann. Go figure.

CorvoSol

This pleases me. :lol

I legitimately think that 00 is a worse show than AGE. They're comparable, in that AGE and 00 only have 1 good arc with the majority of the episodes being offensively awful, but AGE at least offered us fun to hate Flit. Setsuna isn't a character.

Where does Bebop fall? =)

Bebop is amazing, but it isn't mecha. This is only a list of Mecha.

It's all of those things. It just depends on how hard we let it hit us.

Truth is kinda deep.

If you can recall, what did you dislike about Broken Blade? I ask cause it's actually one the mech genre I really enjoyed.

Not a whole lot that I didn't like, it just didn't touch me as particularly amazing, either. There was some good, but the brevity of the series left a lot unresolved, which I found dissatisfactory. There was also the character of Sigyn, who I did not like at all. There was a twelve year old with the body of a 20 year old and a 20 year old with the body of a 12 year old, which kinda hurt the two characters, and I wasn't entirely fond of the show's faces.

That said, it was a good show, with a really good OST and some freaking awesome battles. It just wasn't enough to bump it further up on my list.

Corvy-kun, that's a good list!
Makes me happy that you liked Rinne no Lagrange.

Rin-ne may be a pandering commercial for Kamogawa, but I'll be damned if it isn't also a loveable tale of the occasionally more-than-friendship of three girls.

fertygo

I love RahXephon's OP, My favorite along with Aquarion's OP.. So iconic, they even more famous than the show itself lol. I hadn't watch Rahxephon yet, need to fix that.

Attack on Titan 7
lol did Eren become a Titan? This has the potential to go in some really lame places, but seeing him punch Titan's heads off might be worth it.

attack on titan - 07
Good episode. Just makes me wish yet again that the story had taken a different turn here, though.

Why,
does it become focused on titan brawling rather than spiderman antics?
Or is this just reference to larger narrative issues? I've seen Duckroll hate on it enough that I'm expecting it to go to shit eventually, is this the start of that?

Why,
Or is this just reference to larger narrative issues? I've seen Duckroll hate on it enough that I'm expecting it to go to shit eventually, is this the start of that?

It goes in a billion different directions, which is obviously going to divide some people. I imagine within the next few episodes, we'll see some people drop the show while other people praise the developments.

Dresden

Why,

Well, the manga has some heavy structural issues later on, but I don't think the anime will suffer from that. As for the spoiler text,
somewhat, but the spiderman stuff never goes away, either.
Much of what's complained about just won't show up in the anime, at least until the second season. Even duckroll liked it up to this point.

But
Titan MMA is awesome though.

But the stage was basically set for Mikasa taking the lead. ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom