• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
happy bday cajun!

iGAdPehzLgCIg.gif

*hugs*

What anime is that?

Kuroko's Basketball Oshaberi Shiyokka 01

6d6MVaV.jpg

Pretty much.

It was fun as they did whatever they wanted to fill up 10 minutes. They did a MSTK of like the first three matches and those are always fun. Then total random stuff tossing in more characters and smashing the 4th wall and not even questioning it.

Also, they also gave us a megane reel <3

Lain

Chihayafuru S2 19

Man,
that conclusion to the match was great. They really made it feel like suffering though, watching Taichi thinking it over, stand up, sit down etc etc. Even the meeting with Arata was good, with Chihaya telling it like it is.
My only disappointment is in how they skipped her injury after she woke up. Probably it will be covered in the next episode, but I would have thought there would have been some explanation or something about it at the end of the match.

Joe Molotov

So what you actually said is that there is no smut in Crime Edge. Welp, I guess this means I won't be watching it.

Well, following the correct rules, you could say if there was no smut, that would be a bad thing so you'd definitely need to go to Smutcon 1 if that were the case. As it is, there's plenty of smut to keep everyone happy and satisfied. Smutcon 5 is maintained.

wonzo

Banned
Well, following the correct rules, you could say if there was no smut, that would be a bad thing so you'd definitely need to go to Smutcon 1 if that were the case. As it is, there's plenty of smut to keep everyone happy and satisfied. Smutcon 5 is maintained.
clap.gif

Someone else finally gets it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
1 means missiles and bombs being thrown. 5 means no missiles and bombs.

Nichijou 1
3P4dfE6.jpg

My expression watching this

These production values are certainly beyond anything you'd expect to see in a comedy. It's a shame that it wasn't funny at all. I wanted to laugh, but was left stone-faced. Some of the skits left me wondering why they ever thought that would be funny, like they wrote the scene and accidentally cut the punch-line out. The principal's jokes were better than most of the skits. Should I bother watching more or is it all like this?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nichijou 1

These production values are certainly beyond anything you'd expect to see in a comedy. It's a shame that it wasn't funny at all. I wanted to laugh, but was left stone-faced. Some of the skits left me wondering why they ever thought that would be funny, like they wrote the scene and accidentally cut the punch-line out. The principal's jokes were better than most of the skits. Should I bother watching more or is it all like this?

The first episode of Nichijou is admittedly fairly weak. The second episode is much, much better.

Nichijou 1

It pretty much all like that. There are a few good skits throughout but mostly they just left out the punch-line.

Instro

Nichijou 1

If you don't like episode 2 at all then just drop it.

The Best I've Ever Watched:
Martian Successor Nadesico
Full Metal Panic!-Fumoffu-The Second Raid
Eureka Seven
G Gundam
The Big O
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: The War in the Pocket

Pretty Damn Good:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Code Geass
GaoGaiGar-Final
Vision of Escaflowne
Rin-ne no Lagrange
Mobile Suit Gundam

It's Good:
Zoids New Century Zero
ReBuild of Evangelion
Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Gundam SEED

It's Not Bad:
08th MS Team
Broken Blade

Yeah It's Pretty Bad:
Betterman
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Gundam SEED Destiny

It's Truly Awful:
Rah Xephon
Gundam AGE

I Would Not Wish it On My Worst Enemy:
Gundam 00

Still Watching:
Gun x Sword
Kiddy Grade
Code Geass R2
ZZ Gundam
Gargantia
Majestic Prince
Valvrave

I think I would only go so far as to call it inconvenient and somewhat embarrassing at this juncture, tho.
00 worse than 83 & AGE?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Another thing about Nichijou is that it sometimes uses very Japanese humor. Like the "Stair Climbing Game" skit in Episode 2. The punchline there is that Mai uses the "Incantation of Resurrection" from Dragon Quest as her word, and
she gets it wrong, anyway
, which is referenced in a later skit. But that's not something a non-Japanese viewer would likely be very familiar with.

wonzo

Banned
Nichijou 1

Maybe give it another ep or two and drop it if you still don't like it. The show has its moments but you have to slog through a lot of dreck to get to 'em.

I Would Not Wish it On My Worst Enemy:
Gundam 00

Still Watching:
Gun x Sword
Kiddy Grade
Code Geass R2
ZZ Gundam
Gargantia
Majestic Prince
Valvrave

I think I would only go so far as to call it inconvenient and somewhat embarrassing at this juncture, tho.

WHAT?!?

Seriously? Worse than Gundam Seed Destiny let alone AGE?

Seriously what did 00 disappoint you with besides the terribly bad movie?

Jintor

I actually found like 70-80% of Nichijou hilarious, so maybe I just have a weird sense of humour. I can see why it wouldn't work for everyone though...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Moretsu Pirates - 12

jseFvoH.gif

No, seriously. Chiaki better show up next episode or I may have to jump ship, as this pairing is looking better and better by the second. The Princess and the Pirate, damn that just sounds good saying it!

nyaruko ova

nyaruko as a magic girl!

:SDburton

One of the better eps imo. I think this show might work better as a 12min thing. :O

Hooooooly shit should I've been watching this series? :O

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Monty Python proved skit punchlines aren't necessary for comedy, but Nichijou's problem much of the time is that it thinks being loud and extreme is inherently funny and it doesn't have to do more.

Ro-Kyo-Bu 2

We learn the passion of two people's love for basketball, which helps unite them into playing Basketball for the upcoming game.

We fully establish the connection between older male and younger female. Still have a ways to go for this.

Steroyd

Attack on Titan - 07

...wut?

Well as the saying goes
you are what you eat.

And male characters need to slap on a pair already, otherwise SDBurton's dream is going to come true by default.

Milamber

attack on titans 7

No spoilers... but am I far off?

[URL="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQbjIAh-HeE/Tey6kSUQlLI/AAAAAAAAAeA/QHaX5nY5MFk/s1600/Ultraman-Max-japanese-superhero.jpg"]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQbjIAh-HeE/Tey6kSUQlLI/AAAAAAAAAeA/QHaX5nY5MFk/s1600/Ultraman-Max-japanese-superhero.jpg[/URL][IMG][/QUOTE]

Meh, [SPOILER]close enough.[/SPOILER]

Chihayafuru S2 19

Man,
that conclusion to the match was great. They really made it feel like suffering though, watching Taichi thinking it over, stand up, sit down etc etc. Even the meeting with Arata was good, with Chihaya telling it like it is.
My only disappointment is in how they skipped her injury after she woke up. Probably it will be covered in the next episode, but I would have thought there would have been some explanation or something about it at the end of the match.

Yeah, I was really tense through the whole end of the match, and my heart was honestly racing a couple of times. The card being read was a wonderful release. Hopefully they will go into Chihaya's injury a little more next time. I wonder if she'll be able to play in the individual tournament.

mAcOdIn

You know, if you post a pic saying "am I close?" and someone else says yes that, that's kind of a spoiler in itself?

Not that I care I just imagine someone will gripe about it sooner or later assuming it is on the mark.

Attack on Titan 7

Fantastic episode with some great action and choreography, but I do have one minor hangup. The soundtrack. I'm not saying it's bad. In fact, I fuckin love it. However, some of the tracks seem WAY too triumphant for certain scenes. It's just really unfitting IMO.

Either way, next week is going to be great.

photo kano 7

sanehara is <3. Love her voice.

Show completely lost its budget though, which is one of the main appeals. At least the photoshoots are still fun.

iBuxVu3RUTUot.gif

its actually like this in the show, (highspeed cam!) and not me using shitty gifcam or something

Fun.

Didn't this guy just get a girlfriend last eps? Or are they doing a amagami like thing now?

cajunator

Banned
Happy b-day Cajun!

this is also unofficially Wideface Day!
Because reasons.

Ro-Kyo-Bu 1

Whole lotta lolis playing basketball, along with showers and groping. Uguu

The character art is way too VN for my liking.

Rin-ne may be a pandering commercial for Kamogawa, but I'll be damned if it isn't also a loveable tale of the occasionally more-than-friendship of three girls.

The epic tales of Maru and Wan. Along with Bodaciouds Space Pirates it has been one of the most unexpectedly enjoyable series to come out in a while. So much color and great settings, fun characters, nice animation (relatively), and a generally happy and exciting feeling. Gargantia is knocking this stuff out the park too.

Okay, now I can say Happy Birthday cajunator. I'd post something cute if my computer wasn't out of commission.

No problemo!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAJUN!!

May you hnnnng for many more years to come!

Cajun_sealv2_zps5c83d32f.png

Oh I certainly will!

happy bday cajun!

iGAdPehzLgCIg.gif

*hugs*

thanks guys!

Happy birthday, cajun! :D

q6LFU2o.png

^o^

Happy birthday cajun. Try not to die from all of the cute pics people are going to spam you with.

I'll be just fine but thanks for worrying bout me <3

I don't even know when it is but Happy Birthday Caujn.

Its todayyyyy!

nyaruko ova

nyaruko as a magic girl!

iNvBoJ5DFjDrO.gif

:SDburton

One of the better eps imo. I think this show might work better as a 12min thing. :O

oh my...well that's one way to hide your magic.

Moretsu Pirates - 12

jseFvoH.gif

No, seriously. Chiaki better show up next episode or I may have to jump ship, as this pairing is looking better and better by the second. The Princess and the Pirate, damn that just sounds good saying it!

Hooooooly shit should I've been watching this series? :O

This show must have you lying happily in a pool of nosebleed blood on the floor. Possibly in the peculiar shape of a heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom