• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I need to pick this up again. Stopped after the first episode. So ... 7/10 overall?

Yeah I'd say so. The plot can be hard to follow at times and it can be really dry but not too bad. There's also an Ep. 0 where they're on a boat that a movie is being shot on if you haven't seen that.

What action there is can be pretty slick (I didn't have that gifcam thing for some of the early more action-y stuff but, here, have a short taste of the action):

nr1931-4_zps74c7e23f.gif

Okay, now I feel weird.

When I kept looking at CorvoSol's Full Metal Panic posts, I kept thinking: "Yeesh, I should probably watch Full Metal Alchemist one day if I want to watch these spin-offs." Then I look the show up and realize that Full Metal Panic is NOT a spin off and but an original property that has nothing to do with Full Metal Alchemist.

I gotta take a look at this now. Kanon and Infinite Stratos can wait.

Okay about IS: its a standard harem fare but the CG and action scenes were pretty sweet. The shows universe and premise though are interesting but incredibly illogical. Like I understand that being sci-fi it doesn't have to make total sense but there are a lot of points that just don't make sense to me one bit and seem so implausible that it's incredibly hard to suspend my disbelief.

Charl is the best girl far and away though.

Sword Art Online Ep. 1

I know I KNOW. I should've been watching this ages ago but I was too busy watching Precure. OK

First of all THIS IS SO FREAKING GOOD OMG. 2nd What kind of F'd up situation... Wouldn't they STARVE to death in the real world? Too bad no magic.

Oh and Klein calling Kirito cute and his type I CAN'T. Seriously I was SCREAMING. DTL I need your impressions.

Bridle your excitement

Hentai OUji - 03
It was hinted in the opening but still ..it's turning into a standard harem show , isn't it ?

Anyway i'll still probably watch it.

CorvoSol

Gun x Sword 7

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Aw yeah, giant robots battling to the death in the sunset. On a beach.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
OreImo S2 07:

Kyousuke, you're pathetic. You do not deserve Kuroneko's undying affection. Anyhoo, I have a feeling it's going to go downhill from here anyway... >>;

Mature

If anyone was interested in the horrors of anime conventions goers, Crunchyroll has a little live video feed to anime central on their main page.

Nafe

I didn't even know Ami hate was a thing till Regulus said it a few pages ago.

You had never come across any hate for her before?

While I had seen different ones like her most seemed to think she was just a shy, weak, no fun, miss perfect, do nothing but study nerd of a character.

I would even see different ones makes comments about the first part or series such as "All the other girls get actual attacks. What does Ami have. Oh, I can make some mist appear! Big deal! What a loser character. Worst Senshi." etc.

While she might not be my favorite of the girls, I still like Ami.

Theonik

Also? Secretly? Their sister?
ZachDeKoromaru openly wants to have sex with everyone else's sister, but refuses to share confirmed.

You had never come across any hate for her before?

While I had seen different ones like her most seemed to think she was just a shy, weak, no fun, miss perfect, do nothing but study nerd of a character.

I would even see different ones makes comments about the first part or series such as "All the other girls get actual attacks. What does Ami have. Oh, I can make some mist appear! Big deal! What a loser character. Worst Senshi." etc.

While she might not be my favorite of the girls, I still like Ami.
I mean even the show itself makes fun of her puny Bubble spray but that's no reason to hate her. I don't remember her doing anything objectionable.

Theonik

Say you're at one somewhere in North America though. Who would be at a panel? People from Funi and Sentai I guess?
Most announcements/previews will be for US products AKA stuff they are bringing over, but often in these conventions you might get some panels with people actually producing anime.

Say you're at one somewhere in North America though. Who would be at a panel? People from Funi and Sentai I guess?

Really depends on the guests and how big the convention is. You could have voice actors, production staff, US companies and there could also be normal fans doing their own panels as well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I just figured. I mean, all you people ever talk about in this thread is anime in which people wanna have sex with their sister. I thought if I pretended to be one of you, no one would notice.
We can talk about animal-people having lesbian sex if you want.

Dont forget viz and yen press and bandai and sometimes production ig and more and sometimes some of the jpn music groups, guess just the mid size to big ones. (think it was last months that had the writer of SAO/Accel World, and the two singers)

I dont think the con this weekend had any jpn guests.

wonzo

Banned
Holy fuck, they actually managed to exceed my ridiculously high expectations for that scene in Aku no Hana. This is the greatest thing ever.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yiffing. Just what this thread needed.
Hey, I'm just playing off the way CorvoSol went giddy at that scene in Escaflowne and rushed here with a GIF of it. The contrast between that episode and his standoffish post is too amusing to pass up even ignoring the overlap with my own interests.

cajunator

Banned
[OreImo 2] 7 first five minutes

This is some "I hate sand, it gets everywhere" type of shitty dialogue. Whoever wrote this crap should buy some actual books instead of fucking light novels.

fucking light novels probably tears up the pages anyways.

Viz picked up BD/DVD rights for Accel World and K. More K news at Anime Expo.

best image to come on my timeline today

YES. Chances of a decent quality release have increased!
Fuck Viz anyway.

Okay, now I feel weird.

When I kept looking at CorvoSol's Full Metal Panic posts, I kept thinking: "Yeesh, I should probably watch Full Metal Alchemist one day if I want to watch these spin-offs." Then I look the show up and realize that Full Metal Panic is NOT a spin off and but an original property that has nothing to do with Full Metal Alchemist.

I gotta take a look at this now. Kanon and Infinite Stratos can wait.

Watch Full Metal Panic Fumoffu afterwards. Don't ask, just watch it.

What even is there at an anime convention? Previews of new shoes? Merchandise?

Goodies! and art! and squee people!
And sometimes cajunator :D

PsionBolt

Dokidoki 16

Transforming without stock footage? And de-transforming willfully? Just-offscreen Kamen Rider-style, but still.

Regina spamming them magics without a care in the world. Also, I find spontaneous teleoprts really funny for some reason.

Someone finally disagrees with Mana - even though the episode is about someone loving Mana.
And neither of those things are resolved by the end of the episode.
I sense actual development budding here.

Next episode looks to take further what was built up here.
Plus petrification beams from the MotW, glowy red eyes from Regina, and plastic trinkets being actively significant to the plot.

Dokidoki continues to impress.

Theonik

I meant with that comment! "Animal people" refers to the whole range.

Everything is so black-and-white with dictatorial minds.
It's all a series of small victories though...

Since my whole motivation was in carrying out the plans of the Makoto Cultural Committee for the Promotion of all Makotos I really can't be arsed to push the matter further!

Metrotab

Banned
Ugh, I hate the weeks before final exams starts. All that project work that needs finishing, and here's all the work being... finishing-less.

Aku No Hana - 6

This show is so goddamn funny. Those were some primetime reaction crowd shots when they find out Saeki and Kasuga
are dating.

And I feel crazy for thinking this, but Nakamura is starting to get cuter to me than Saeki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom