• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
rkASu.gif

I felt like i was forcing myself to watch to the first couple of episodes. I couldn't do it, i didn't find the characters appealing at all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
dokidoki 16:

Well, there goes any hope for a
Mana gets corrupted by Regina's influence
plot. Mana Sue's perfection and indomitable force of attraction continues to make developments disappointingly predictable, especially given that the end of the episode pretty much confirms that
the seed of TOMODACHI/SHINYUU/YUUJOU/etc. is now planted in Regina, meaning it's almost inevitable that her character gets totally neutered if she defects to the goody-goodies
. I couldn't hope more that I'm wrong and that we're not
facing a needless villain conversion. If we have to have a fifth cure, I hope it's Ai-chan, because Cure Ace looks like shit anyway

wonzo

Banned
I felt like i was forcing myself to watch to the first couple of episodes. I couldn't do it, i didn't find the characters appealing at all.

The original 90's series does a much better job of fleshing out the main characters in the beginning thanks to the excellent filler episodes so give that a try.

Mr.Jeff

Hey Corvy-kun have you watched Jinki Extend?
I bought it super cheap on a whim and it looks kind of mecha-ish with Cute in it.
Was just curious if you had seen it? (or others maybe)
Since no-one else has answered this, I've seen Jinki Extend a long, long time ago back when it was first airing. In terms of tone it's kinda like the teenage angsty parts of Xenoglossia mixed in with some of the slightly inappropriate adult interactions between pilots and mechanics. From what I remember, it was also rather confusing for a while since it splits it's focus from present to past.

It's watchable but not brilliant I think.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
dokidoki 16:

plot. Mana Sue's perfection and indomitable force of attraction continues to make developments disappointingly predictable, especially given that the end of the episode pretty much confirms that
the seed of TOMODACHI/SHINYUU/YUUJOU/etc. is now planted in Regina, meaning it's almost inevitable that her character gets totally neutered if she defects to the goody-goodies
facing a needless villain conversion. If we have to have a fifth cure, I hope it's Ai-chan, because Cure Ace looks like shit anyway
Who says Toei can't break new ground and
introduce two new Cures?

Of course that won't happen, though.

dokidoki 16:

I am aware of all this, just let me have my happiness, dammit.

I will humor you for a bit though. Generally speaking, those in a similar position tend to be my favorite of the cast, and maybe Doki Doki won't suffer like Suite did in regards to the character development for Regina.

THAT being said though, considering how utterly chummy everyone is before this episode, there could be a high chance that the cast would become pretty boring in itself. I mean, already, we have Mana Sue, Makoto the Bore, Rikka, and the Ojou-sama. Two of those bore us immediately by being on screen as it is, and obviously, after the major midpoint, it's going to be pretty fillery for a bit, probably developing on the newest member, or just whatever.

In any case, I just want to ride this wave right now, as it seems like it's the only thing I can rely on in this series to make me feel good about watching this.

Jex

[Aku no Hana] - 6 & 7

This is truly the best show of the season, and episode 7 is the best episode in the show so far. A truly exceptional anime.

The show is so well crafted that I tend to forget about how little work the director, Hiroshi Nagahama, has actually directed. He's only served as overall director on the Detroit Metal City (OVA) and Mushi-Shi TV series. Besides that he's only worked on a handful of episodes for other works. As such I'm extremely impressed by how confident, controlled and consistent his direction is. He has a very clear vision for the show should be and he's obviously following it through without the major dips in quality that you expect to see in TV anime. It's not just consistently average either, it's consistently powerful and effective storytelling. Hats off to him and his staff for pulling it off.

BluWacky

I really do, but for different reasons. AGE is actively terrible and Rah Xephon is passively terrible. Rah Xephon's problem is that it spends all its time either ripping off Evangelion or not bothering to explain questions it promised to answer in the first episode.

Well, RahXephon DID answer the questions it posed in the first episode. You just didn't watch the whole show, so you never got those answers.

I mean, hating the show is one thing and that's okay. However, you can't blame the show for not telling you what was going on if you didn't even watch the whole thing to find out the answers!

cajunator

Banned
:DDDDDDD HNNNNGGGGGGG.

First time? You wound me good sir. I get that reaction every time I watch that scene.

Dereban indeed :)

I do as well.
Except now Im aware that its coming, so Im prepared for it.
Miyukichi also voiced Aoba Tsugumi, best girl from Kannagi and Mint Blancmanche, best girl from Galaxy angel.

Since no-one else has answered this, I've seen Jinki Extend a long, long time ago back when it was first airing. In terms of tone it's kinda like the teenage angsty parts of Xenoglossia mixed in with some of the slightly inappropriate adult interactions between pilots and mechanics. From what I remember, it was also rather confusing for a while since it splits it's focus from present to past.

It's watchable but not brilliant I think.

thanks for explaining it. Will probably watch it with another friend who likes mecha/sci fi shows.

Thoraxes

[Aku no Hana] - 6 & 7

The show is so well crafted that I tend to forget about how little work the director, Hiroshi Nagahama, has actually directed. He's only served as overall director on the Detroit Metal City (OVA) and Mushi-Shi TV series.

Well, now i'm interested.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Who says Toei can't break new ground and
introduce two new Cures?

Of course that won't happen, though.

They came so damned close in Splash Star, not that I mean for you to actually read the following spoiler.

Splash Spoilz:
It's total bullshit that Kaoru and Michiru didn't become Bloom and Windy at the finale but only got a halfassed transformation into plain gowns colored like Bloom and Windy's costumes. Why the hell don't they get to be in the All-Stars movies when other auxiliary forces like Shitty Luminous and Milky Rose do?

Going back to the main point, the problem is that
I don't want Regina to be a Cure at all! Not every young female antagonist who infiltrates the civilian lives of the Cures on some level has to go native, damn it.

I am aware of all this, just let me have my happiness, dammit.

I will humor you for a bit though. Generally speaking, those in a similar position tend to be my favorite of the cast, and maybe Doki Doki won't suffer like Suite did in regards to the character development for Regina.

THAT being said though, considering how utterly chummy everyone is before this episode, there could be a high chance that the cast would become pretty boring in itself. I mean, already, we have Mana Sue, Makoto the Bore, Rikka, and the Ojou-sama. Two of those bore us immediately by being on screen as it is, and obviously, after the major midpoint, it's going to be pretty fillery for a bit, probably developing on the newest member, or just whatever.

In any case, I just want to ride this wave right now, as it seems like it's the only thing I can rely on in this series to make me feel good about watching this.

Take away the evil and Regina is just another oujosama. Alice makes her presence superfluous.

CorvoSol

Well, RahXephon DID answer the questions it posed in the first episode. You just didn't watch the whole show, so you never got those answers.

I mean, hating the show is one thing and that's okay. However, you can't blame the show for not telling you what was going on if you didn't even watch the whole thing to find out the answers!

I watched fourteen episodes of it ripping off Evangelion. If it couldn't be bothered to tell me anything, and it most definitely did not, halfway into the show, then it isn't worth it.

I've watched Gundam AGE and Gundam 00 all the way through. I sat through Stardust Memory the whole way through. And you know what? Not a single one of those shows made me break down and quit watching. Partially so I didn't have to deal with the annoying rebuttal of "BUT YOU DIDN'T WATCH IT ALL!" but also because none of them were as mind numbingly dull as Rah Xephon.

I shouldn't have to wade through 26 episodes of bullshit wanna-be Eva just to find out why Kamina's mom had blue blood. I shouldn't have to watch an entire show to be able to point out that it does a piss poor job of explaining its shit.

The World God Only Knows S1 10
I forgot how awesome the OP to this season is. Also how it doesn't really match the rest of the show lol

BAKA..!
Elsie (in Luci Christian's voice) continues being my favorite character ever.
Keima continues being based Keima.
Shiori continues being library girl archetype -- and then turns into fairy Navi Yui from SAO
Unimportant characters inexplicably have smaller eyes.
lol Idolm@ster mentioned just because it can be

Keima: "Games with voice commands are all crap."

Took the words right outta my mouth, brudda.

cajunator

Banned
The World God Only Knows S1 10
I forgot how awesome the OP to this season is. Also how it doesn't really match the rest of the show lol

BAKA..!
Elsie (in Luci Christian's voice) continues being my favorite character ever.
Keima continues being based Keima.
Shiori continues being library girl archetype -- and then turns into fairy Navi Yui from SAO
Unimportant characters inexplicably have smaller eyes.
lol Idolm@ster mentioned just because it can be

Keima: "Games with voice commands are all crap."

Took the words right outta my mouth, brudda.

Luci is my favorite English voice actress in anime.

Articalys

Just now at the ASW event, the TV anime BlazBlue Alter Memory was announced to begin airing this fall. No details for what it'll be about besides a teaser with still pictures of Ragna, Jin, Rachel, Hazama, and Noel.

Theonik

Happy actual Birthday Cajun!

Just gotta keep working at it. One day Hito will expose the furry pervert in us all.
Hito is Hossoda's alter ego confirmed?

Until you realize how both of them have already taken you farther than what you considered safe.
The good thing about personal restrictions is that they are so arbitrary such thing does not have to happen!

Muromi 7
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/anime/muromi7.jpg
The moral of the story is eat shrooms erryday.
Words to live by.

But she has her fairy
who apparently runs away the next episode :/
Doremi is a very poor lord as one would expect.

Garzey's Wing (English Dub)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mag701beU61r5k94do1_400.gif
http://puu.sh/2UmXc.gif

"Words cannot describe how awesomely bad this is." - Lafiel
DAMN YOU YAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOH. *shameless plug once again*

So bumpy and delicious!

DokiDoki Precure 16

http://puu.sh/2Wuki.gif

HOLY SHIT! SHE DID IT! DOKI DOKI IS SAVED! YEEEES! Holy shit I could not stop fist pumping and pausing just to contain myself from Regina's antics! She's chipping away at Mana's perfection no less!

THIS HERE FOLKS, IS CURRENTLY THE GREATEST DOKI DOKI PRECURE EPISODE!
AND WE DIDN'T LEAVE OFF ON A COMPLETELY HAPPY NOTE!

God damn it, Suite Precure really drove "Unforgivable" into my damn head though.
image.php

Looks like I need to start suffering through watching Doki Doki.

Jintor

One Piece 05 -DUB-

Damn Nami, hands of steel

Man, when Zoro tossed the canon over and Buggy just was like yelling about how shitty that was for like a minute. Yeesh.

The World God Only Knows S1 11
Why doesn't Shiori question how Keima drilled a hole through a concrete roof

The World God Only Knows S1 12
Keima: "Having a backlog is shameful!"

Yeah, this anime was made for me.

Articalys

Staff for BlazBlue Alter Memory:

Director: Hideki Tachibana
Assistant Director: Seiji Mizushima (FMA, Gundam 00)
Series Composition: Deko Akao (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Mysterious Girlfriend X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom