• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nyaruko ova

nyaruko as a magic girl!

http://i.minus.com/iNvBoJ5DFjDrO.gif
:SDburton

One of the better eps imo. I think this show might work better as a 12min thing. :O
I haven't seen the oav yet. i Should do right ?

Don't answer i'm off to watch it anyway !!!

Moretsu Pirates - 12

No, seriously. Chiaki better show up next episode or I may have to jump ship, as this pairing is looking better and better by the second. The Princess and the Pirate, damn that just sounds good saying it!
Ah ah ah
Now you know why i've recommanded this anime !
I've started reading the books because i wanted more ! MORE !

DokiDoki Precure 16

HOLY SHIT! SHE DID IT! DOKI DOKI IS SAVED! YEEEES! Holy shit I could not stop fist pumping and pausing just to contain myself from Regina's antics! She's chipping away at Mana's perfection no less!

THIS HERE FOLKS, IS CURRENTLY THE GREATEST DOKI DOKI PRECURE EPISODE!
AND WE DIDN'T LEAVE OFF ON A COMPLETELY HAPPY NOTE!

God damn it, Suite Precure really drove "Unforgivable" into my damn head though.

EXCELLENT..it was bound to happen and the result look satisfying .

-------------
Now since it's the right day.

Happy birthday Cajun !

tumblr_m8w5ziT0Rd1qesvxbo1_500.gif

Steroyd

I'd believe it's a point of money in relation to airtime restriction before anything nearly as subject to "Steroyd's taste in humor" without source.

If you have one, I'd like to see it.

What I think Ultima is getting at is how do you know that NHK (specifically whoever at NHK was in charge of cutting Nichijou down) shares this opinion? Is there an interview or other source for this?

Oh I see, a simple "I thought Nichijou should be cut down", and "[insert broadcaster] actually cut it down." isn't enough.

The Severing Crime Edge 7

Pretty odd episode design, mainly, the yuri level was quite high and even further enhanced by the breath effect that it felt as if it ought to have been something left for a bonus episode or whatever, dont think I liked it that much, but probably due to not being directly in the target audience for this. However beyond that, the plot and character interactions and potential growth was at least somewhat worthwhile and a kind of great pay off for that which we have endured over the course of the previous six episodes. The music chosen for the whole grande entrance to the party was rather good.

Hunter x Hunter 80

I dont understand the direction the anime is going. Is it even hxh anymore? Arent things supposed to be all happy, somewhat carefree and victories taking place with our precious cool leads and the periphery cast? This just feels so different, this whole arc so far. Its like the writing and storytelling quality has decreased severely. I want my happy and fun hxh back.

The Gyro backstory felt out of place, I think he could have been introduced formally then given backstory, as we still dont know his present day appearance.

I hope Gon and Killua reach Pokkle in time before hes ingested by the creatures. His rainbow spectrum arrows are cool and hes a great character. Was teary eyed and hurt when he was struggling there with no support. Surely the writer has to have threw in a silver lining, a slimmer of a prospect of happiness, in this long string of bad event after bad event?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh I see, a simple "I thought Nichijou should be cut down", and "[insert broadcaster] actually cut it down." isn't enough.

Well no, not when you're purporting to know their reasoning for doing so. There are many possible reasons NHK could have cut Nichijou down. Just because they did so does not mean that they did so for the specific reason you thought it should have been cut down.

For example, the recut Nichijou aired on NHK Educational TV, basically the Japanese equivalent of PBS. Perhaps parts of it were cut out that weren't specifically appropriate or relevant for an educational channel. Or, most likely, as Ultima said, it was an issue of money or available airtime. Immediately jumping to the conclusion that they cut it down due to something as subjective as "it wasn't funny" is a bit silly.

fertygo

Smh DTL its not like you skipping Phantom Rouge and portion of exam arc or even Greed Island, Not Hxh anymore lol.. dem murder on everywhere since beginning.. yeah its just all happy

Smh DTL its not like you skipping Phantom Rouge and portion of exam arc or even Greed Island, Not Hxh anymore lol.. dem murder on everywhere since beginning.. yeah its just all happy

None of those characters were at least aligned with the good side.
Named characters were often sparred bad fates. Yorknew we only lost Uvo while the rest of the troupe were impervious to bad things, it was an understanding and happy end, even gon and killua were never harmed. In greed island, the bomber and his crew were essentially safe and had an understanding and friendly end, gon lost an arm but still recovered, and all their allies didnt meet any bad fates...then here what do we have kid dies, named good characters eliminated by gunshot or even just captured...

Nadia: Secret of Blue Water FIN

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

AAAAaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaah.

I just. The ending. And the. Boom. Hearts. Drama. Death. Hope. Space. Aaaaaaaaaaah.

Edit: I'm going to wait till tomorrow before typing out more detailed thoughts on this. I have so much I wanna say, but it's all completely incoherent in its current form.

Full Metal Panic! - 1

15 minutes in and I'm already laughing.

Here we have a teenager who's part of an anti-terrorist group being sent to work undercover as a high-school boy to protect a girl. The poor guy unfortunately can't put aside his military persona for a high-school.

I gotta say, it's nice to see an anime where the main character isn't some existentialist deep man contemplating on changing the world, but instead is well, just a regular soldier dude.

Oh this is gonna be fun.

fertygo

None of those characters were at least aligned with the good side.
Named characters were often sparred bad fates. Yorknew we only lost Uvo while the rest of the troupe were impervious to bad things, it was an understanding and happy end, even gon and killua were never harmed. In greed island, the bomber and his crew were essentially safe and had an understanding and friendly end, gon lost an arm but still recovered, and all their allies didnt meet any bad fates...then here what do we have kid dies, named good characters eliminated by gunshot or even just captured...

Good character dying = quality drop/bad storytelling. Not a sign situation actually having stake and not predictable.

Yeah I know will regret starting this conservation.

Kagami

by the way, I was browsing through Hobbysearch again and... http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10202657

INABA.

Inabainabainabainabacvhgjjhjbnbnnhhhhhcvb

*squees

Product Description said:
Taichi swapping bodies with Himeko!

From the anime 'Kokoro Connect' comes a 1/8th scale figure of one of the heroines of the series, Himeko Inaba. Himeko normally has a cool and calm personality, but when she switches bodies with the main character of the series, Taichi, she ends up in this model's pose that she'd normally never consider taking!
I'm not sure whether to look at this as an Inaba figure or a Taichi figure.

Kagami

Boku wa Tomodachi Episode 1-2

Bitch who is talking to herself is crazy

I want that meat.

The Monster Hunter segment was fun. Too bad the actual experience isn't like that.

It made me lol when they called the cheerful outgoing girl in the bishoujo game a slut.

This show's characters are great. Funny and attractive. Highly attractive.
I think the latter episodes of the first season aren't as good as the earlier ones, but it's still worth watching to the end.

Jintor

One Piece 15 -DUB-

Jesus christ this series is so fucking bad with dramatic moments that take upwards of 3 minutes to resolve when they should take about 2 seconds.

Also with explaining every little bit of its tactics. Branch gets in way, branch falls, shot cuts to Usopp lining up a shot. Who then proceeds to say "Good thing you cut down that branch, it was blocking my shot". And then it cuts to someone else for a minute before it finally goes back to Usopp and he actually goddamn fires.

Still, it's pretty fun.

Full Metal Panic! - 2

All right, so now these terrorist people are going to make their move soon, while Chidori is taking a liking to Sousuke's personality.

Also, what the hell is up with this teacher confusing GUNS for toys? I don't know how Japanese schools work, but I'm pretty sure if I was a teacher and I saw a guy holding guns around, I'd call the friggin' cops.

All in all, funny, but I'm hoping to see some good mecha action soon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So today:
  • Chihayafuru stopped stretching things out.
  • Aku no Hana turned it up to eleven.
  • Attack on Titan went wat.
  • Oreimo had more of yaoi gal.
  • Azael-san became self aware that it's not got gags.

Good day for anime.

Good character dying = quality drop/bad storytelling. Not a sign situation actually having stakes and not predictable.

Yeah I know will regret starting this conservation.

A character death just seems like a ill thought about ruse to get an emotional reaction out of us and ultimately sadness. I dont know anyone who signs up for wanting to watch stuff to make them sad. Actually good story telling would make characters in dire situations somehow get out of it, its really a testament to a writers creativity, imagination, and brilliance at the various scenarios they could employ to have these characters pull through and escape such fates. Nothing makes one feel better than seeing their character triumph. Thats what makes me a fan of series in the genre for the key demographic.

In the context of HxH
wasnt it simply fantastic when, even though Gon lost a limb he still beat Bomber, and then recovered it back. Its much better than say seeing awful Ponzu being shot multiple times doing nothing. Im hoping that Pokkle will somehow avoid being ingested, assuming the HxH writer had a moment of brilliance

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ah ah ah

I'm so torn on which ship to support! You have the tsun love or the classic "two different worlds" love. Both of which feel so right!

Full Metal Panic! - 2

All right, so now these terrorist people are going to make their move soon, while Chidori is taking a liking to Sousuke's personality.

Also, what the hell is up with this teacher confusing GUNS for toys? I don't know how Japanese schools work, but I'm pretty sure if I was a teacher and I saw a guy holding guns around, I'd call the friggin' cops.

It's obviously quite bit exaggerated in the show, but it isn't so far from the truth. Hell you can buy airsoft guns in stores and a lot of times they won't even have the orange coloring on the barrel of the gun.

If somebody shows up in a school with a gun, the first though most teachers would have is that it's a toy. Unless you're yakuza, the chances of you somehow obtaining a pistol is pretty damn close to zero. Even some yakuza have issues with that, especially considering that one time up in Fukuoka where they resorted to hand grenades (and failed lol).

A knife on the other hand? That's a whole different story.

Steroyd

For example, the recut Nichijou aired on NHK Educational TV, basically the Japanese equivalent of PBS. Perhaps parts of it were cut out that weren't specifically appropriate or relevant for an educational channel. Or, most likely, as Ultima said, it was an issue of money or available airtime. Immediately jumping to the conclusion that they cut it down due to something as subjective as "it wasn't funny" is a bit silly.

A little bit of clarification, I thought cutting the show down would improve it as a whole, the show is funny just too sparse in episodes. I share a similar type of opinion on AnoHana but that's for another day.

Of course it was about money Nichijou bombed, the directors cut received such a good reception that they released a directors cut on DVD.

And yes you're right I don't have a link or source that outright states that Nichijou got cut because Steroyd didn't think it was funny all the time, that doesn't mean that what they did didn't resonate with my thoughts on the show, we can always just look at the episode compilation.

Ultimadrago

A little bit of clarification, I thought cutting the show down would improve it as a whole, the show is funny just too sparse in episodes.

I disagree, but please, keep clarifying.

I share a similar type of opinion on AnoHana but that's for another day.

What does AnoHana have to do with anything here?

Of course it was about money Nichijou bombed, the directors cut received such a good reception that they released a directors cut on DVD.

I'm aware.

And yes you're right I don't have a link or source that outright states that Nichijou got cut because Steroyd didn't think it was funny all the time...

I was looking forward to that too.

that doesn't mean that what they did didn't resonate with my thoughts on the show, we can always just look at the episode compilation.

What does the compilation order prove?

fertygo

A character death just seems like a ill thought about ruse to get an emotional reaction out of us and ultimately sadness. I dont know anyone who signs up for wanting to watch stuff to make them sad. Actually good story telling would make characters in dire situations somehow get out of it, its really a testament to a writers creativity, imagination, and brilliance at the various scenarios they could employ to have these characters pull through and escape such fates. Nothing makes one feel better than seeing their character triumph. Thats what makes me a fan of series in the genre for the key demographic.

In the context of HxH
wasnt it simply fantastic when, even though Gon lost a limb he still beat Bomber, and then recovered it back. Its much better than say seeing awful Ponzu being shot multiple times doing nothing. Im hoping that Pokkle will somehow avoid being ingested, assuming the HxH writer had a moment of brilliance

This too much for my brain..
Then when character dying its mean the stake are high for the main character, and by this your very logic (I don't) its will much more pleasant when the main character triumph right? Because its much more satisfying when they pass the hurdle when you can feel the sense of danger and hardship.

Even your point are absurd, "Good side/main group victim"?
You are grieving over shouta and pretty boy character that have insignificant screen time, that hardly count.. they're not different than other victim to moving the plot, jebus.

And my biggest problem are can you just said "I just prefer this way"
Instead dropping word like bad quality, storytelling, writer have bad moment etc when plot not in your favor?
That just fucking distasteful.
Especially when you are always on minority side because your unique "taste"

One Piece 15 -DUB-

Jesus christ this series is so fucking bad with dramatic moments that take upwards of 3 minutes to resolve when they should take about 2 seconds.

Also with explaining every little bit of its tactics. Branch gets in way, branch falls, shot cuts to Usopp lining up a shot. Who then proceeds to say "Good thing you cut down that branch, it was blocking my shot". And then it cuts to someone else for a minute before it finally goes back to Usopp and he actually goddamn fires.

Still, it's pretty fun.

Arlong arc is a better barometer of what the series will be like, the earlier arcs and Foxy are way more goofy then the series norm.

cajunator

Banned
I haven't seen the oav yet. i Should do right ?

Don't answer i'm off to watch it anyway !!!

Ah ah ah

EXCELLENT..it was bound to happen and the result look satisfying .

-------------
Now since it's the right day.

Happy birthday Cajun !

tumblr_m8w5ziT0Rd1qesvxbo1_500.gif

Still baffles me that this show isn't US licensed yet.

I'm not sure whether to look at this as an Inaba figure or a Taichi figure.

Both of them are good characters. Its an interesting idea for a figure that only a show like Kokoro Connect could produce, and its still Inaba with an adorable and fun pose. Im totally sold. Also, how many other Inaba figures are there? what other figures of this perfect character are there?

I'm so torn on which ship to support! You have the tsun love or the classic "two different worlds" love. Both of which feel so right!

I knew this show was gonna blow your circuits :D
Its a really solid bit of entertainment on many levels.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The Hero Yoshihiko and the Key of Evil Spirits – 08

And dat reference to Kaiji with all the "zawa zawa zawaaa" when they're gambling :lol

I don't know how to feel about Yoshihiko S2, honestly. It's still good, but so much of it is just rehashing jokes and even entire plotlines from S1.

Kurita

I don't know how to feel about Yoshihiko S2, honestly. It's still good, but so much of it is just rehashing jokes and even entire plotlines from S1.

Yeah, most of the jokes have been made by the past but heh, I still enjoy it.
I still like S1 better but that's mostly because it was something new and original.

Same goes for Akibaranger S2.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! - 1

15 minutes in and I'm already laughing.

Here we have a teenager who's part of an anti-terrorist group being sent to work undercover as a high-school boy to protect a girl. The poor guy unfortunately can't put aside his military persona for a high-school.

I gotta say, it's nice to see an anime where the main character isn't some existentialist deep man contemplating on changing the world, but instead is well, just a regular soldier dude.

Oh this is gonna be fun.

I would give so much to be watching this show again for the first time. SO GOOD.

Full Metal Panic! - 2

Rule of Funny is in effect most of the time that Sousuke is in Kaname's high school world. Basically guns are illegal in Japan so his teacher naturally concludes that no student would break the law and bring a real gun to school. Trust me, this is only the beginning of some of the mind-hurting logic the people at that school use.

fertygo

I would give so much to be watching this show again for the first time. SO GOOD.

FMP is great because pretty rewatchable, its didn't have moment wtf that you want repeat either.
I don't see why coming in fresh would so valuable in FMP, its still great as ever in rewatch.

I thought i would give Hunter x Hunter a shot.

tumblr_mauh5hkYE41qey5o7.jpg

One of the most boring 'popular' shows i have ever seen.

No shounen is amazing at the beginning. Hunter x Hunter takes a while to get going, but it changes DRAMATICALLY after the hunter exam. More compelling characters get introduced, the current characters get more interesting, and it gets VERY dark and depressing.

It's a spoiler, but if you need some convincing, watch this fight. If you still don't like it after that, I don't know what to tell you.

Narag

Attack on Titan 7

This show. It consistently bores me to some degree until whatever ending hook snares me for the following week. Thankfully, I know nothing as to what is afoot so even if this turns into a trainwreck later on, there's a degree of delicious shock value for me at the moment.

Nafe

Happy Birthday cajunator! (Since it's for real this time)

Here's that picture of nurse Minako you wanted. ;)

zubFLjDl.jpg

A bonus goddess picture because it's your birthday.

AnRWkvpCEAEu3ek.jpg

One Piece 15 -DUB-

Dramatic moments are pretty abysmal until the Arlong arc.

And jeez, you're blowing through this. Do you just have it on all the time? I guess the lengthy recaps make it easy to marathon.

cajunator

Banned
I've heard of cat girls but dog girls. Well played Japan, though they look kinda the same except for having a bushier tail and ears pointing down.

There are plenty of kemonomimi in anime. Catgirls are just a more famous type.

Happy Birthday cajunator! (Since it's for real this time)

Here's that picture of nurse Minako you wanted. ;)

zubFLjDl.jpg

A bonus goddess picture because it's your birthday.

AnRWkvpCEAEu3ek.jpg

Nafe knows whats up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom