• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fervent dislike mostly stems from the 2nd half (episodes 15 and on) of the show.

What, the second half of SAO had better every thing, better op, better ed, better focus of characters, better kirito personality and skills.

Just now at the ASW event, the TV anime BlazBlue Alter Memory was announced to begin airing this fall. No details for what it'll be about besides a teaser with still pictures of Ragna, Jin, Rachel, Hazama, and Noel.

Yes got my Jin, Ragna, and Hazama.

Articalys

Let's make that even better.

Direct link to the BlazBlue Alter Memory teaser:

http://www.twitch.tv/kurushii/b/405384670?t=326m9s

From before:
Director: Hideki Tachibana
Assistant Director: Seiji Mizushima (FMA, Gundam 00)
Series Composition: Deko Akao (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Mysterious Girlfriend X)

Also the animation production will be a collaboration between teamKG, which seems to be some studio no one has ever heard of, and Hoods Entertainment (Qwaser of Stigmata, Mysterious Girlfriend X). Character design is Tomoyki Shitaya (Bakuman, Hatsukoi Limited).

This seems to be the official site: http://blazblue-am.jp

Listed on the cast page currently are Ragna, Noel, Jin, Rachel, Hazama, Taokaka, Litchi, Tager, Tsubaki, Kokonoe, and Makoto.
RovkAuT.jpg

duckroll

http://blazblue-am.jp/

BlazBlue Alter Memory

Director: Hideki Tachibana
Direction Assistance: Seiji Mizushima
Series Composition: Deko Akao
Script: Deko Akao, Tatsuya Takahashi
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Tomoyuki Shitaya
Animation Production: TeamKG, Hoods Entertainment

[Aku no Hana] - 6 & 7

This is truly the best show of the season, and episode 7 is the best episode in the show so far. A truly exceptional anime.

The show is so well crafted that I tend to forget about how little work the director, Hiroshi Nagahama, has actually directed. He's only served as overall director on the Detroit Metal City (OVA) and Mushi-Shi TV series. Besides that he's only worked on a handful of episodes for other works. As such I'm extremely impressed by how confident, controlled and consistent his direction is. He has a very clear vision for the show should be and he's obviously following it through without the major dips in quality that you expect to see in TV anime. It's not just consistently average either, it's consistently powerful and effective storytelling. Hats off to him and his staff for pulling it off.

In Aku no Hana's case, I think what helps is that instead of being based on storyboards created by numerous people split among various episode directors as is normal in TV anime, it's based on live-action footage all handled by the same crew with Nagahama keeping a close eye on the whole thing. This means that you won't have a director with less skill creating a bland or bungled episode compared to the rest; a clear directorial vision is able to consistently come through.

/XX/

At what time does Gurren Lagann air? Are we gonna get a new Kill la Kill CM?
I don't think we are going to get anything new until probably the ending episode of the Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann ongoing TV emission (http://www.mxtv.co.jp/gurren_lagann/onair.html). The teaser CM already showed much of the production material they had reserved for the Newtype article, and at the same month/time period the magazine is on sale maybe expecting something more could be a bit unrealistic. Now... June, 29 (for Japan)... that is a date I would mark on my calendar!

@higuchishinji: 凄いテンションでキルラキルのコンテ打ち。終わったところで馬鹿話してたらやってきた社長に泣きそうな顔で「お願いします…」と懇願された。わかったよ社長!社長が今まで籍を置いたスタジオジブリ、ガイナックスの社是…作品を作る上での姿勢を受け継いで、貫くよ!ズッカーン!

@SieteSeventh: Shinji Higuchi confirms that he is doing the storyboard for a Kill la Kill episode.

Yesssss
I hope they respect his ideas and don't discard anything from it like his chaotic friends at Studio Khara (or χαρα) did!

He has already finished the SB.
:D :D
That's the best thing I wanted to hear! In case the interviews at the KILL la KILL article were very recent, Sushio's comments about advancing production now while not having seen any results from it yet made me worry about the possibility of a Fall season airing. I'm aware this things depend on the show and sometimes are not comparable, but taking as a reference Mr. Imaishi & Mr. Nakashima previous show, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, when they took their sweet time on actually producing the content for the first episode (nearly one year not counting the main part of the planning and pre-production) after deliberating again and again about ideas and scripts, knowing know that Mr. Higuchi has already completed definitive base work for a later on (I suppose) episode makes me hope for the sooner option.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Boku wa Tomodachi Episode 1-2

Bitch who is talking to herself is crazy

I want that meat.

The Monster Hunter segment was fun. Too bad the actual experience isn't like that.

It made me lol when they called the cheerful outgoing girl in the bishoujo game a slut.

The World God Only Knows II - 04
Haqua is pretty cool. That was also a surprisingly good action sequence, too. Elsie with her hair down was nice to see as well.

Steroyd

Welp. I was thinking of checking it out sometime, but maybe I shouldn't now.

He lies, LIES I TELL YOU!!

The reboot suffers from the same type of beginning Fullmetal Alchemist had where they charge through the already covered material at a blistering pace skipping relevant parts for future plot points in the series, which can be quite jarring for a first time watcher.

Anyway... LIES!

wonzo

Banned
That's a rather random choice to compare it to, how are they similar?
They're not but the fact that you'd reconsider watching a fairly popular and highly praised series because someone said it's "boring" when the very show your avatar's from fits that definition to a T for most of its run just boggles the mind.

Podcasts are for when I don't have time to do something next to a monitor
That's what LP's of amazingly bad games are for!

Ultimadrago

Don't listen to his lies!
Still the best currently airing show.

Interesting. Seems I should hold off on any final decisions then, since you two are adamant about it being untrue.

They're not but the fact that you'd reconsider watching a fairly popular and highly praised series because someone said it's "boring" when the very show your avatar's from fits that definition to a T for most of its run just boggles the mind.

Except that it's not.

Why don't you go into the details as to why it's an engaging show instead of a flat comment poking at an unrelated show?
That'd serve as a much stronger argument while not coming off petty and desperate.

Ultimadrago

Nichijou got chopped down and re-edited to 12 episodes when it got re-aired man, as much as I agree with Wonzo on Nichijou, NHK pretty much did what I thought of the series themselves.

A tactic to shorten a two-cour to a one-cour is not related to what you or anyone else thought of the humor. As a show set in skit format and with cash for airtime, if they aren't expecting massive ratings an edit isn't too out-of-the-box. And it started re-airing in full earlier this year anyhow, if that balances it out.

In other words, that is an unacceptable contention.

Steroyd

A tactic to shorten a two-cour to a one-cour is not related to what you or anyone else thought of the humor. As a show set in skit format and with cash for airtime, if they aren't expecting massive ratings. And it started re-airing in full earlier this year anyhow, if that balances it out.

Yes it is, I thought that Nichijou was funny in parts but marred with too much "filler" far too often that brought down whole episodes into boring status.

It's akin to DBZ Kai.

Ultimadrago

Yes it is, I thought that Nichijou was funny in parts but marred with too much "filler" far too often in each episode.

It's akin to DBZ Kai.

You work for NHK?

And how much "filler" that didn't match with the show's themes and/or detoured from character relationships or focus was there? I'd expect a lengthy list for the argument you're making, of course.

Metrotab

Banned
OreImo - 7

Kyousuke's character turned so hammy so suddenly. It's really bothering me.

Luckily, Kuroneko is here to save the episodes.

Ultimadrago

I don't see how me working for NHK or not would change that they shared the same opinion in "chopping down" Nichijou that I did.

I'd believe it's a point of money in relation to airtime restriction before anything nearly as subject to "Steroyd's taste in humor" without source.

If you have one, I'd like to see it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't see how me working for NHK or not would change that they shared the same opinion in "chopping down" Nichijou that I did.

What I think Ultima is getting at is how do you know that NHK (specifically whoever at NHK was in charge of cutting Nichijou down) shares this opinion? Is there an interview or other source for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom