• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I don't know if I could take the cringe of seeing Phoenix actually being inept as hell like he is in the games.

...but I'd risk it for Phoenix. How many goddamn cases are in there? It looks mainly like Case 1-4, but I saw that lady from Case 1-3...

Tenumi

Banned
DokiDoki PrettyHaremCure: 16

I'm so late to watching this...

Anyway, so much subtext... "Friendship" is what they're calling it these days? Back in my day it was love and adoration. I'm not quite up to speed on this hip, young maiden lingo.

Kurita

Can't see shit, did the court forget to pay their electricity bill?
The actual movie is more luminous.

I don't know if I could take the cringe of seeing Phoenix actually being inept as hell like he is in the games.

...but I'd risk it for Phoenix. How many goddamn cases are in there? It looks mainly like Case 1-4, but I saw that lady from Case 1-3...
It covers the first game.

Ultimadrago

i know :p

Do you have a listing of all the skits for the re-edited version of Nichijou that aired as I'm actually pretty interested in seeing what skits they left in and if they mixed anything about.

Yeah, Steroyd posted it yesterday from Ultimatemegax's blog.
His blog also has translated episode comments on Hyouka from KyoAni. You should check those out as well. They're brief, but insightful reads.

Poyopoyo 1-52

IUl5x7M.jpg

Guys I just had the most adorable 3 hours of my life. I had seen about a dozen episodes a while back but I kept forgetting to keep up with this show. I'm glad I got to marathon it though, it was like being injected with and then overdosing on pure cuteness. Also suck it Chi's sweet home, you ain't got nothing on Poyopoyo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20xsntIVokk
And it's amazing. What every adaptation of a video game should be.

That's really good to hear, I'm not a fan of most of Takashi Miike's work so I was really worried that he'd botch it.

Sleeper hit of the season I'd say.

I've seen someone here say that about Muromi-san and Maodonald's too. I'm starting to think you guys just have low expectations of everything!

No. Girls can have short hair or have their hair tied up and stuffed in the big helmet.

How did he not consider something so obvious? Is DTL :Kayos about women?

Gargantia ep 5

So aside from I guess obligatory fan service stuff(barf). I did nod at that chubby girls comment though lol. Ledo getting propositioned and running for his life was very funny. Really enjoying how the hsow is getting important questions across. Ledo's life is being called into question as he tries to better fit in and understand what it's like within no wartime like society.

/XX/

@Trigger_Tattun (2)
Due to the many request, TRIGGER have decided to release a Blu-Ray for Little Witch Academia!
We plan to throw in some bonus goods to the Blu-Ray as well.
Masahiko Ōtsuka is a man of his word. Nice job!

The official Inferno Cop twitter account replied to the official Trigger account's announcement of the LWA Blu-ray with, basically, "Do I get a Blu-ray yet?" or, as the later English tweet puts it, "I want 'ore no Blu-ray'".
He'll be the extras in the Little Witch Academia BD.
Jokes aside, at least I hope that the "if people ask for it" part of that 'tweet' talking about a Blu-ray Disc release is sincere enough... although TRIGGER's Ryosuke Inagaki expressed already the desire of wanting to do such digital disc release (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57240680&postcount=8859)...

Is it normal to be working ahead so much for a production?
That reminds me of the good planning a series like Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann had for its first half; they were working simultaneously in the production of some actual animation (and its supervising along with corrections) on episodes more than 4 months ahead of schedule (nearly 14 episodes early from its airing date) at times. One clear example is Tadashi Hiramatsu handling bits of episode 15 key animation at that time... the same day episode 1 aired!

Dennis

Banned
Gargantia 6

*sigh*

Another episode that is mostly fanservice. Some genuine attempts at a romantic angle at the end but that is undermined by all the crap for the first 15 minutes or so.

fertygo

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatte Iru (rewatch) 1-2

Because I miss this show, such a great show.

Even when the comedy aren't make you laughing loud (Which the show totally capable) its still have a lot charm, with excellent interaction among likeable cast.

RIP Shaft. They not making stuff like this anymore.

Okay, so this season I haven't really been paying attention to the OP/ED of shows I'm not watching (besides the snippets that were in the PVs before they started airing). What's the good stuff out there that I should listen to?

Karnveal's OP by GRANRODEO and UtaPri 2's OP by Mamoru Miyano.

I would watch the hell out of a series about the teachers voiced by Sugita and Yukari Tamura.

I would throw money at that idea.

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings s1 1 - 13 (end) (bd)

The way the episodes were set up on the BD, or rather episode 13, was rather baffling. I almost thought they were out of order, as shouldnt 13 have actually came before 12. Because in 12 its like some grande party
With everyone all showing up with really no reason for how or why they even arrived there

In reality, episode '13' is more like episode 11.5 but it was just a bonus episode that was included in the DVD/BR releases in Japan and not shown on TV there.

Articalys

Media Blasters has licensed everyone's favorite yuri anime, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. No details on release format yet. Also no details on if it'll actually eventually be released at all, but that's a constant worry with anything Media Blasters picks up now, I suppose.

Media Blasters has licensed everyone's favorite yuri anime, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. No details on release format yet. Also no details on if it'll actually eventually be released at all, but that's a constant worry with anything Media Blasters picks up now, I suppose.

Media Blasters, always crawling out of their grave.

kitsuneyo

Hey everyone, just stopping by for a quick knowledge raid of this fine thread. Here goes:

Can anyone recommend an anime series for me and my missus to watch together? We liked Chobits, something like that would be good. We also liked Excel Saga and Azumanga. K-On was alright.

Are there any series around of this calibre at the moment? Everything we try seems to be kind of... ehh.

Jex

There's a market for Yami? Dear god. You could only sell that show to people who hadn't actually experience it for themselves; I guess they're hoping that people will buy it after quickly glancing at the art.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hey everyone, just stopping by for a quick knowledge raid of this fine thread. Here goes:

Can anyone recommend an anime series for me and my missus to watch together? We liked Chobits, something like that would be good. We also liked Excel Saga and Azumanga. K-On was alright.

Are there any series around of this calibre at the moment? Everything we try seems to be kind of... ehh.

My first suggestion would be Nichijou, since you liked Azumanga and K-On. Though it's sub-only, so I don't know if that'd be an issue for you or not.

Jex

In the Cyberpunk thread someone mentioned Serial Experiments Lain as a Cyberpunk anime.

How does Anime-GAF feel about this series? Recommended?

It's a pretty great, if often inscruitable series. It's hard to think of a show that's more legitimately cyberpunk then Serial Experiments Lain.

Angel Beats.

Full Metal Panic! - 5

I love the steampunk-like robot that Sousuke pilots in this show. I'm also glad that Chidori retains her teenage persona while in distress. They could have made her into the screaming helpless girl cliché, but instead they kept her in character.

I also wasn't expecting to see Sousuke in a helpless position this early on the show. If Kurz didn't come along he and Chidori would have been screwed. So our main character is just a regular soldier with some good skills, but not an all-powerful tactician Lelouch or ace pilot Kallen. This opens the door for interesting outcomes.

Try Minami-ke. If you are looking for a slice-of-life comedy, it's top tier.

Syrinx

Now everybody can experience this...uh...thing.

Yami is from 2003? Why did I have the impression that it was a much older show? And now I'm looking at the length and art style and saying, maybe I should see what the big deal is.

Well, what have you tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom