• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Future Diary: 19

Now that was an episode to get me interested again. Sure, Yukki may be a bit crazy now due to
Both his parents being killed and his own numerous murders
, but at least now he has some balls!

vmSdfFu.jpg

That outfit looks great on Yuno. Why couldn't she have worn it the entire series? Anyway, some good action this episode as well.
The plot twist involving Yukki betraying the eighth was predictable
, although it did make for a funny engrish screencap.

The ending, though...
Gasai Yuno isn't actually Gasai Yuno? The real one is dead? What kind of plot trickery is this?
. Interested to see how they follow this episode up.

Jarmel

Banned
You know, I just had a thought about a few of the rather fantastical shows that are currently airing this season. I don't mean to start a serious discussion, it just occurs me to that all these shows:

despite the fact that they're set in the future or in some other fantasy setting completely fail to have any black cast members. I don't mean to imply that these shows are racist or anything, rather that it's not even a consideration on the part of the creators.

I'm surprised. You should know better.

Syrinx

Mysterious Girlfriend X 8

Started as a generic "wants to touch girlfriend's boobs" premise, but then it got back to its presentation of eroticism that made the show so interesting. A changing of he senses occurs in Urabe after Tsubaki licks her ear (eww). Now she has a pleasurable sensationwhen she touches he ear. New fetish ftw.

I'm gonna go ahead and at least finish the series. Its been inconsistent and boring at times, but I feel its earned that much.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

CorvoSol

ZZ Gundam 4

ibftLOmRGLtwma.gif

You know things are bad when FA YUIRY is a reasonable looking character. Oh man, I miss Lt. Emma. This Mashmyre guy is out of his wonker. Nobody knows how to zip their mobile suit's fly on this show.

I also cannot believe Haman Khan ever told anyone to love anyone. That doesn't really fit in with the Haman from Zeta. Then again, since all of this is happening in Mashmyre's memories of her, and she's definitely friendlier and prettier in these flashbacks, I can only assume he's as crazy as the rest of us.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
All of the good cakes have been mentioned already so I'll just throw in a mention of Marie Mjollnir from Soul Eater. I was always especially partial to her for whatever reason.

CorvoSol

Code Geass R2 3

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

REALLY?

REALLY. You're gonna be all up in arms and say "HOW DARE THEY MANIPULATE THE MEMORIES OF THE STUDENT COUNCIL?!"? Oh no, Lelouch, you're right, manipulating/erasing the memories of someone for your own personal, theatrical gains is a really terrible, heinous thing to do. I agree, erasing their memories of someone is a horrible thing to do. I mean, it's not like you did exactly that to Shirley well before they did or anything, now is it? No, you CERTAINLY HAVEN'T DONE EXACTLY THAT.

#ROLO would be my least favorite new character if not for the fact that his voice is provided by Spike Spencer.

Oh man Shirley is SO STUPID. "Oh yeah, I totally will stand her and pretend you're in here for no good reason. BEST DATE EVER!"

CorvoSol: Posting this to remind you about Garzey's Wing. :D

Getting to it!

Theonik

Mobile Suit Gundam Movie 01
ibaAXblfMfdms6.png

Transmuro Ray our hero
This explains pretty much every Tomino Gundam ever. Yeah what is your problem Amuro? Lol Amuro gets slapped a lot, infact there is a lot of slapping in this film. LMAO Whenever I see a Gouf I get all excited now. Damn you 08MS! Hnnngh at Char btw. He's awesome. Overall it was enjoyable but I can't help but feeling that it looks cheap. Tons of :wonzo with some decent cuts in between. Action is generally quite boring with some exceptions here and there too.
SIEEEEEEEG ZEON! SIEG ZEON! SIEG ZEON! SIEG ZEON!

The ending, though...
Gasai Yuno isn't actually Gasai Yuno? The real one is dead? What kind of plot trickery is this?
. Interested to see how they follow this episode up.
ilaLZjG8jpQug.png

Something's wrong with their cakes if they're going bad after one day.
Planned Obsolescence.

Nafe

CorvoSol: Posting this to remind you about Garzey's Wing. :D

Haha, I just watched that for the first time this past weekend. The story doesn't really make much sense but it's got so many great lines. Almost every single one with bad delivery and timing. Good times.

It's actually set in a pseudo-WWII past.

Yeah that was a really poorly worded snarky response. I was thinking of it in terms of the future of anime but in hindsight I didn't make the parallels to the glorious CG future strong enough nor the type of future clear enough.

A new open question is required: who's the best "christmas cake" character in anime?
Meme Touwa.

First reply nails it.

Arjuna 6

It really makes me sad that someone who sees beauty in math can't appreciate a similar beauty in words. Unchallenged cheesy rhetoric aside this episode had a lot of great sequences. I loved the bits of madness at the school and hope to see Arjuna crack somewhere down the line. The awkward meeting with
Arjuna's estranged father
was nicely done and tied in nicely at the end making for a very coherent if hamfisted episode. Also further props for having a persistent if distant presence of parents in an anime.

CorvoSol

Haha, I just watched that for the first time this past weekend. The story doesn't really make much sense but it's got so many great lines. Almost every single one with bad delivery and timing. Good times.

I'll be watching it tonight. I have some chores to do right now, and might be going out in the evening, but I'm definitely watching it tonight.

This is a case where the rest of the soundtrack being pretty good overall makes up for that, at least in my experience.

Oh, to be sure, the show has great music, but the OPs haven't really been good in awhile. All that annoying screaming in Engrish is just painful.

Corvo is making me more and more tempted to watch Code Geass.

It's not half bad, really. I've embraced the viewpoint of Lelouch as villain, and it makes the show more enjoyable, because whatever he does is villainous. I mean, it isn't like his enemies are strictly speaking heroes, but he's the main villain.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Corvo is making me more and more tempted to watch Code Geass.

Do it. You will love it. Want to know why it's good? Not ony does it have that Death Note atmosphere where you see the perspectives of two sides of a conflict, it also has more lighthearted moments than Madoka Magica.

A show about a teenage boy starting a rebellion against an evil discriminating nation has more happy enjoyable moments than a magical girl show with a cutesy cat thing. Yeah.

Jintor

Anyway, how close are we to the SDBurton Bodacious Space Pirates event horizon? Pretty close. Should arrive in the next day or two if this rate is maintained.

Articalys

Oh, speaking of Geass OPs, when I got to see FLOW perform live at Fanime two years ago, among the anison songs they played were COLORS and WORLD END. It was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom