• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I am seeking for love, happiness, self-improvement, and the power to make a difference in the world.

edit: OH YOU MEAN ANIME :p

Well I have a bit on my plate atm, I'm finishing Hyouka and then checking out K-on, and then probably Joshiraku.

This is the full list of Anime I've watched:

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Sword Art Online (quit around ep 12? not interested in seeing more)
Bakemonogatari
Fate/Zero (also played F/SN)
Madoka

Golden Boy. Everyone needs to watch Golden Boy just once. Seriously. I'm not even joking. It's the funniest show ever made. And it's only 6 episodes, so it's an easy watch.

Theonik

Hataraku Maou Sama 03
Now I know which scene jgminto's avatar comes from. Pretty cool episode. I kinda hope the whole
battle overlord
stuff is cast more or less aside. Though it seems somewhat unlikely now.

The correct method of purging body hair.
I see.

I was under the impression that Garzey's Wing was a movie. But I guess it's a whole series? I should watch this one day.
Series of 3 OVAs, later edited in film format.

Looks like Sparrow's Hotel got a makeover:

hIuOVyW.jpg

What the heck?

So guys, which Shakespeare novel is your favourite?

A Midsummer's Night Dream, I love it because of how out there it is compared to his other works and also nostalgia since it's one of the first plays I had seen.

I am seeking for love, happiness, self-improvement, and the power to make a difference in the world.

edit: OH YOU MEAN ANIME :p

Well I have a bit on my plate atm, I'm finishing Hyouka and then checking out K-on, and then probably Joshiraku.

This is the full list of Anime I've watched:

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Sword Art Online (quit around ep 12? not interested in seeing more)
Bakemonogatari
Fate/Zero (also played F/SN)
Madoka

Looks like you've already got a fantastic filter for your anime already. Now let's see...

FLCL - It's got great style and a fantastic soundtrack which you may appreciate after Bebop and Champloo plus it's only 6 episodes so it's a very easy watch.

Steins;Gate - Can't say this is based off of anything you've watched so far but I have a hunch you might like it. Really great suspense that strings you on for a bit but has fantastic payoffs also the lead character is obnoxiously likeable if that makes any sense.

Little Witch Academia - A half hour short that everyone should watch. It's just delightful and really well executed. Only reason to not watch is if you're allergic to fun.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Joshiraku is better but if you find you like it and want some more then you should definitely follow up with this. It's by the same writer with of course similar humor.

Also I see a total lack of movies, any particular aversion to them or just never got around to it?

Also, Gaf! What should I watch first, Hyouka or Mawaru Penguindrum?

Hyouka

Necrovex

I give Utena nothing but my highest recommendation. I watched it a few months ago, and I would probably say it's my favorite anime ever.

Hot damn. Now, I have three four anime I must watch: Jojo, Mawaru Penguindrum, Hyouka, and now Utena. My backlog is continuing to grow by the day hour. :-(

/XX/

As expected, those IMDB credits for Pacific Rim that had special thanks to some famous anime directors were false.
Of course those are... where were their obligatory thanks for drawing inspiration from the 'Ōbari Punch' in the first place?

It's a fun idea and all, but I can't honestly see Inferno Cop having that much of a buying audience.
True. As you said, some sort of tie-in inclusion with another release would be a very favorable option as well.

Gunbuster - 06 [END]

I mean, I'm incredibly happy they survived and that the people on Earth had been waiting all these years for them to return, but at the same time none of their friends are alive at this point so all they have left is each other.
If it makes you feel better, on the Aim for the Top! NeXT GENERATION novels we come to know that
Jung-Freud passed through cryostasis so she could meet them again.

It's like my heart broke down in tears when that happened. <---- Doesn't even make sense. :lol
That makes all the sense in the world to me. :'-)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
If it makes you feel better, on the Aim for the Top! NeXT GENERATION novels we come to know that
Jung-Freud passed through cryostasis so she could meet them again.

That makes all the sense in the world to me. :'-)

Okay. Now the tears are flowing.

Venfayth

A Midsummer's Night Dream, I love it because of how out there it is compared to his other works and also nostalgia since it's one of the first plays I had seen.

Looks like you've already got a fantastic filter for your anime already. Now let's see...

FLCL - It's got great style and a fantastic soundtrack which you may appreciate after Bebop and Champloo plus it's only 6 episodes so it's a very easy watch.

Steins;Gate - Can't say this is based off of anything you've watched so far but I have a hunch you might like it. Really great suspense that strings you on for a bit but has fantastic payoffs also the lead character is obnoxiously likeable if that makes any sense.

Little Witch Academia - A half hour short that everyone should watch. It's just delightful and really well executed. Only reason to not watch is if you're allergic to fun.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Joshiraku is better but if you find you like it and want some more then you should definitely follow up with this. It's by the same writer with of course similar humor.

Also I see a total lack of movies, any particular aversion to them or just never got around to it?

Hyouka

I have watched LWA, forgot to mention that.

And yeah, no aversion to movies, just haven't really gotten around to any. I do want to watch the Cowboy Bebop movie!

Also thanks everyone for your suggestions so far. :)

Gunbuster - 06 [END]

What a spectacular finale. Watching
Noriko and Kazumi descend into the center of that gravity bomb while saying goodbye to their close friend and comrade Jung was incredibly hard to watch. Jung was willing and able to sacrifice herself as she knew this would be the last time she would see them, if not by their sacrifice to detonate the bomb, to the fact that once they finally returned to Earth she would've long passed away by then. That entire scene made a wreck out of me after already being put through the emotional blender of Noriko receiving Kimiko's final letter. Replaying the video message of Kimiko's daughter was an echo of what her own father had done before meeting his own demise, and it gave me chills at the thought that Noriko would meet the same fate. With all this build up you could imagine my surprise at how Noriko and Kazumi were not only able to escape the explosion but made it back to Earth as well (though 12,000 years had passed there). It was pretty bittersweet. I mean, I'm incredibly happy they survived and that the people on Earth had been waiting all these years for them to return, but at the same time none of their friends are alive at this point so all they have left is each other.

I can feel the tingly sensation at the corner of my eyes and I certainly feel like crying, but I honestly cannot find any strength within me to do so right now. Thank you all for recommending and pushing this show for as long as you have. Thank you.

Glad you loved it. Easily one of my favorites.

trejo

Is Kenya Boy a troll rec?

No it is not.

Is Utena really that good? I always assumed it was another magical girl anime.

Utena is most excellent.

And yeah, no aversion to movies, just haven't really gotten around to any. I do want to watch the Cowboy Bebop movie!

Oh in that case make sure to watch every Satoshi Kon film, including Magnetic Rose from Katsuhiro Otomo's Memories. And speaking of Otomo also make sure to watch Akira.

You might also want to look into Studio Ghibli's catalogue of titles.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
These are the times that I realize that I really need a default recommendation list that I can just copypasta.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Also, is it legit for me to post non-spoilery screens of the stuff I'm watching? I don't know what your cultural standards are like.
It's fine, yeah. You can post spoiler stuff as a link, but a warning would be welcome.

Great to have more people here by the way.
These are the times that I realize that I really need a default recommendation list that I can just copypasta.
Make a 3x3 grid.

Venfayth

Hah, I have watched a bunch of Ghibli, but it was a long time ago.

Castle in the Sky
Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

I really want to rewatch Princess Mononoke for some reason.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
So guys, which Shakespeare novel is your favourite?

I don't think novel is the right term for them. "Romeo and Juliet" (kinda why I'm watching Romeo x Juliet right now) and "the Comedy of Errors" for me, if you don't mind me picking a tragedy and a comedy of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom