• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

Wait, why does Corvosol seem to be operating under the assumption that
Lelouche geassing euphie into killing filthy elevens was a premeditated part of his evil master plan instead of a hilariously ridiculous accidental asspull?

Defuser

Lelouche geassing euphie into killing filthy elevens was a premeditated part of his evil master plan instead of a hilariously ridiculous accidental asspull?

Wait, he assume that? LOL.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

:corvosol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
We should tandem-watch something else yuri-licious later

I'm down!

I'm glad you finally made it to the other side.

I couldn't even finish the series, but I knew you'd like that part.

It was so beautiful. You had Lynn looking so regal with her arms open waiting to embrace her love Jenny who looked absolutely stunning in that wedding dress. And that kiss, THAT KISS!

Truly was waiting for your reaction to this episode.

It took me a moment or two before I could post something legible after I first witnessed that enchanting scene, but even then the best I could do was .gifs. XD

Jintor

The anime's pacing is terrible.

It was going pretty good until we got to the minibosses and they all squared off to take a fucking fight per episode. Prior to that it was a big mess of interconnected plot threads that was really holding me rapt.

NeonZ

He blames him for not grabbing and stopping her before she could leave.

It was going pretty good until we got to the minibosses and they all squared off to take a fucking fight per episode. Prior to that it was a big mess of interconnected plot threads that was really holding me rapt.

I wish fights only took an episode later :/

And for the most part, the fight animation was some of the most budgeted you can see on tv these days.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Aim For The Top 2! Diebuster] 1 (Rewatch)
AzxWt9ul.jpg
HRIbqXjl.jpg
There's a lot going on in this episode, and as such you can't help but feel a bit disoriented once it all ends. The
Mars
setting doesn't get revealed until near the very end, and unlike Gunbuster, it's difficult to pinpoint character motivations at this point. All we know is that Nono is a cheery girl who left her home in search of going to space, but that for whatever reason she is stuck at a dead end job, constantly belittled by the people who meet her and who encourage her to grow up and accept reality as is. It's a huge departure from the original Gunbuster, which, despite all its mecha training and evil oneesamas wanting revenge, was fairly grounded. In fact, there's very little resembling Gunbuster aside from the HARD WORK AND GUTS theme in here. It's a great cold turkey in terms of leaving you wanting more, nonetheless.

Naturally, oneesamas are met,
space monsters
unleashed, and tons of gorgeous Yoshinari animation dished out. The visual spectacle is in full force in the second half, and on that note it delivers. The characters will obviously evoke memories of FLCL, but I think Dix-Neuf is the star of the opener. It's closer to an Evangelion than a Weapon Machine from the original show, but that allows for much more flexibility in the battle sequences. Gorgeous.
Notice how Dix-Neuf stops sucking big fat balls as soon as he goes from CGI mode to Glorious 2D Hand-Drawn mode. GAINAX knows what's up.

P.S. Is this scene supposed to be an Evangelion homage?
Specifically, when EVA 03's plug is opened in episode eighteen.
L'alc's reaction immediately after reminded me of Shinji.

Defuser

Might be old or already posted. I have already check a few pages back but nothing comes up.

T.M.Revolution & Nana Mizuki's Valvrave CD Sells 115,000

Nana Mizuki & T.M. Revolution's collaboration CD single “Preserved Roses” reached the number 2 spot on Oricon's daily singles charts on its first day of release last Tuesday, and sold 45,523 copies. It eventually sold about 115,000 to also rank #2 for the entire week. The number one spot was taken by boy band KAT-TUN and their single “FACE to Face” that sold 69,647 copies on its first day and about 132,000 in its first week.

The song “Preserved Roses” is the opening theme song for Sunrise's ongoing Valvrave the Liberator anime. It is the first collaboration between T.M. Revolution (a.k.a. Takanori Nishikawa) and Mizuki.

The musical duo Angela (Fafner, K, Asura Cryin') performed the anime's first ending theme “Boku Janai” (It's Not Me), and Elisa (ef: a tale of melodies, A Certain Scientific Railgun) is contributing the second ending theme “Soba ni Iru yo” (I'm By Your Side). Crunchyroll is streaming the series one day after it premieres in Japan, and Aniplex USA has licensed the anime for distribution in North America.

Source: Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web

Jesus, DO NOT WATCH ASOBI NI IKUYO!!! I'm warning you guys it left me nothing but hate years ago.

It has the most dumbest male protaganist ever I've ever seen in my life. No other dumb protaganist from other shows have shit on him. The guy dumbness level is over 9000.

The beginning of the final episode makes you wanna choke him to death for being such a stupid fuck.

i'm with cajun on this one.
Alien cat girls are most entertaining even with a dumb MC.

Does. Not. Compute.

Unless we're just talking about the manga only then i agree, but the anime's marineford arc adaptation of 1 chapter per episode hurt it alot in terms of the pacing the manga was conveying.
The Manga had too much going on, going one to one really made the arc better animated, even of there were lengthy recap, op, more recap each episode.

Skypeia was too dragged out in the Manga and way too dragged out in the anime.

The Manga had too much going on, going one to one really made the arc better animated, even of there were lengthy recap, op, more recap each episode.

Skypeia was too dragged out in the Manga and way too dragged out in the anime.

funny, i remember most of the fights were just slideshows of still images.

had some nicely animated whitebeard moments.

Theonik

The Devil Works on (not) McDonalds 01
Should have jumped in on this sooner. This is actually pretty funny, I'll reserve my team allegiances for later though.

Furriness is inversely proportional to moéness.
So are you saying the less moe something is the more furry it is?

Kyon

Banned
Sword Art Ep. 15

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT ANYONE FOUND WRONG WITH THIS EPISODE.

omg *-* is it implying his sister has a crush on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom