• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

Bobby's In Deep / Bobby's Girl -
Basically, I liked it.

You bought me. I've watched the ending cut, but I never knew it was from a forty minute short, and it seems to be good enough as well.

This part itself is fucking fantastic, context aside. It was revealed (?) not so long ago that it was animated by Takashi Nakamura.

Great stuff.

CorvoSol

See this is the response I was looking for.
You'll probably be disappointed at the start next episode though

Your reaction at the end of this season will be fucking glorious, do not disappoint me.

I live to disappoint, though.

They do look very chinese. I actually took them as such when I watched it.
kind of ambiguous though.
and 'dledum is a crazy cool name.

Tweedle Dee and especially Tweedle Dum are not cool names, but I will concede that they are crazy.

Why is Corvosol ignoring me? :(

I'm legitimately curious.

I didn't know I was? Point me to what I need to address, good sir.

t
Full Metal Panic! - 6

15 minutes in.

dafaq-did-i-just-see.jpg

Full Metal Panic! - 6

All right, that was definitely...something else. I mean, we get a touching moment between Sousuke and Chidori and then we get....that.

Chidori's backstory is probably going to be something either really cool or really scary.

Refresh my memory, cuz I don't have it memorized on an episode by episode basis. What happened here? And interestingly, at least where I am in the manga,
Chidori's backstory is never really expounded on.

CorvoSol

Slayers 15

Lina Inverse is so hardcore that when a guy proposes to her, she grabs the back of his head and shoves his face into the campfire. That's some Gregor Clegane stuff right there.

HOLD ON. Lina's only 15?

ANIME.

Yo, Goury with a beard is straight up manly.

Oh geez, Vrumugun took a direct hit from the Dragon Slave and is just fine now? What level is this guy that Lina and Gourry, our massively over leveled heroes, cannot beat him? I mean come on, Amelia's low level, but she's also a white mage. Lina and Gourry killed a goddamn DEMON LORD, and now they can't stop this guy?

This is why the showdown with Shabranigdo in the first ten episodes was sort of a bad idea.

For a white mage, Amelia knows a LOT of attack magic.

trejo

I didn't know I was? Point me to what I need to address, good sir.

I'm just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that
Lelouche accidentally geassing Euphie into becoming the Euphinator was a calculated act of villainy in his evil master plan when it clearly wasn't

Kagami

Ok let's see...

HYPE MAXIMUM SQUEEE
Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS

Liked the first season okay, will watch
Senki Zesshou Sympohgear G

Mite b cool
Kimi no Iru Machi
Gen'ei wo Takeru Taiyou
Servant x Service
Kin-iro Mosaic
Fantasista Doll
Love Lab
C3-bu
Watashi ga Motenai
Kitakubu
Gatchaman Crowds
Prisma☆Illya
Neptunia
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

Need to see the first season(s)
Rozen Maiden

OMG why are they changing the voice cast?!
Genshiken Nidaime

What is this? Why is everyone hyped for it?
Danganronpa

OVA stuff
Ro-Kyu-Bu! OVA PSP game sequel LE bundle (of course I have this pre-ordered)
Code Geas: Akito vol. 2 (is this actually coming out?)
Gargantia (not yet sure if I'm buying this but maybe)

meh
everything else

cajunator

Banned
senjou sucks

only good gatari is karen

What the holy hell fuck no.

Moretsu Pirates - 26 [END]

That was quite a ride. Started off a bit slow at first but sure enough it got into that piratey goodness that I was hoping for. And yuri! A show that not only had lesbians, but ones that were relevant to the story itself! I wished Chiaki would've loosened up a bit more around Marika near the end, but what can I say: she likes to tsun. It was fairly obvious that
Ironbeard is Marika's father, I was just bummed that he didn't reveal his identity to her. Possible it may occur in a new season perhaps?
Oh and for best friend/side characters, Mami was awesome.

8 SDBurtons out of 10.

==================================

I can get behind that. (nsfw)

Say what you want about the rest, but Kanbaru is awesome.

Wasnt that show incredible? Pure unadulterated entertainment. It knew the buttons to push and it mashed the shit out of them.

Let's just say I'd rather marathon Sword Art Online than watch what I saw tonight again.

Dont say lies like that.
the devil will rip out your tongue.

Jex

Bobby's In Deep / Bobby's Girl -

What makes it shine is the ending sequence, though. Even if you never watch the whole thing, at least watch the five minutes or so of how the movie wraps up. Light research seems to indicate that Koji Morimoto was among those responsible.

Basically, I liked it.

Interestingly, the only other person I've seen share that opinion is AWO's Gerald. I watched the OVA a few years ago and didn't really care for it, bar the ending sequence.

OceanBlue

What is this? Why is everyone hyped for it?
Danganronpa

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally found the premise for the game interesting. That's really it. I don't know anything about the cast, the staff, or how the story of the game turns out.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Romeo x Juliet 19

Aww yeah, fucking dudes up sneak attack and revolution style. Kinda cliche, but it works.
The actor in me wanted to throttle Juliet for breaking script at the play, lol

Kinda wish Romeo wasn't just sitting idly by, playing Farming Simulator 2013.

Excite:

Symphogear G
Senyu s2
Highschool DxD New
Teekyu s2
Blood Lad
Not my Fault I got no friends

Less excite:

Rozen Maiden
Futari wa Milky Holmes

Will check out

Danganropa super long title murder game thing
Uchouten Kazoku
Fantasia Doll
Makai Ouji
Fate/Kaleid Illya
Neptunia
Kamisama no Inai

Hatewatch

Recorder to Randsell 2

I may actually be watching more shit than this season if everything pans out.

Branduil

I can't wait for the Hollywood movie adaptation of Sword Art Online written by
Damon Lindelof

"Why was there a scene in this movie where a preteen girl walks around a hotel room in her underwear?"

"Well, you see, there's a really good story reason for that, because, uh, MYSTERIES?"

Muromi-san 1
JQi6IN8.jpg

Eh, could be better.
This is a show about things, and stuff. I like it, will watch more.

Gargantia 2
Aa0oxWD.jpg

RIP Pirate-san
Is this the one that people were hyping up before the show started to air, or was it just because it wasn't the first episode? Not much happened really. Just a bunch of boobs talking. I need more Ridget. She's the best.

I don't know about everyone else, but I personally found the premise for the game interesting. That's really it. I don't know anything about the cast, the staff, or how the story of the game turns out.

The staff is eh (Seiji Kishi doing another game adaptation...), but I followed an LP over at Something Awful which translated the game and it's got a really cool story and ambiance, with entertaining, over-the-top characters. Voice cast is ace too. I'm hoping the anime will be able to capture at least a little of that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Damon Lindelof

"Why was there a scene in this movie where a preteen girl walks around a hotel room in her underwear?"

"Well, you see, there's a really good story reason for that, because, uh, MYSTERIES?"
Ki ni narimasu

cajunator

Banned
Damon Lindelof

That movie was fantastic.

OceanBlue

The staff is eh (Seiji Kishi doing another game adaptation...), but I followed an LP over at Something Awful which translated the game and it's got a really cool story and ambiance, with entertaining, over-the-top characters. Voice cast is ace too. I'm hoping the anime will be able to capture at least a little of that.

Ah well, that sounds promising. I've kinda lost any excitement I might have had over a Seiji Kishi announcement over the last few years, but the rest sounds neat. This is the kind of premise where I need the characters to be good for me to stay interested, so I'm glad that the characters are entertaining.

Jarmel

Banned
2012 had some pretty good anime seasons. This year is definitely a step down so far.

I think this year will be the inverse compared to last year. Relatively weak spring and a strong fall compared to last year which was a strong spring and a weak fall.

Dresden

will check out the first episodes of:

Gatchaman Crowds (nakamura-san unf unf)
Dangan Ronpa (game looks cool)
C3-bu (cute designs; nuGainax)
Silver Spoon (silver spoon)
Free! (please surprise me, utsumi)
Kimi no Iru Machi (yamauchi ;__; at least the backgrounds might be pretty, if he drags along matsumoto and co. as he usually seems to do)
Blood Lad
Uchouten Kazoku
Teekyu 2 (tennis lesbians)
Watamote (wahjah)
Genshiken Nidaime (dunno)

Jarmel

Banned
Not before Space Dandy airs.

I really need to see the premise and tone of Dandy before deciding either way. The dedicated comedy episodes in Champloo and Bebop weren't my favorite. I think Watanabe is good at adding in comedy elements but I'm not sure how he's going to handle a primarily comedic show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom