• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Code Geass R2 6

Hey, hey Nunally, I'm gonna give you the same advice I just gave #ROLO:
Lelouch personally killed the last person he claimed to love. You're not getting out of this alive.

Disappointed as hell that Lelouch had to have #ROLO bail him out of that situation.

"Are they using her as a pawn, and then going to throw her away?"

"I'm doing all this to keep that from happening!"

Are you, now? I don't believe that for a minute. You're doing this to get revenge on daddy and that's it. You don't give two shits about anyone else and you know it. Nunally is there to make you feel good about yourself, and nothing else. Let's be honest here, Lelouch, how is what you're doing with Nunally ANY different from what the so-called bad guys are doing? You keep her in a cage so she can only sing the songs you want her to sing, hiding her from any influences that could turn her away from you.

You know, we've barely even SEEN the King. Aside from one speech, I can't even judge that this man is actually evil.

BIG BROTHER? WHAT?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Nunally is pulling a Euphemia and Zero is freakin' out. Uh, you could totally take her by force, brah. It's not like you care about how she feels or anything.

Kallen is ACES.

I'm literally slathering myself in Lelouch's failure. FEELZ SO GOOD.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (2000) 7
NPt0PXyl.jpg
Some really neat effects animation and holy shit YES. The final fight was disappointing (
Star Platinum is Kirby? What?
), but this episode was all about the mood instead of the shounen antics. The entire first half of the episode has a clear horror atmosphere, up to the point of using some very common tropes of the genre (dat doorknob scene). It was actually difficult to watch at times despite the relative lack of gore.
I cringed in real life when N'Yah forced Polnareff to lick the toilet.

[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (2000) FIN

This OVA series had some cool moments, but I honestly didn't like it much. There are some moments where the animation shines through, but there's a lot meandering outside of the fights. The dull score doesn't help either. It's a very forgettable experience. Clearly just a stopgap for people who wanted to see the rest of Stardust Crusaders animated. Two Hol Ponies out of five.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Kurumi >>>>> Kotori >>>>>>>> Tohka >>>> Reine >> Yoshino >>>>>>>>>>> Origami

Origami fucking sucks and is hella annoying. I hope she dies.

Articalys

More of the new Genshike Nidaime cast:

Kanako Ohno: Yukana (C.C. in Code Geass)
Harunobu Madarame: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan in JJBA TV)
Saki Kasukabe: Rina Satou (Mikoto in Railgun)
Susanna Hopkins (Sue): Naomi Ohzora (no major anime roles, see here)
Angela Burton: Misa Kobayashi (not this one, but a different Misa, incredibly enough)
So we lose a Madarame who can scream "HIKARI NI NARE!" but gain one who knows "SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!" I guess that's acceptable.

(via earlbox)

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! Sigma 4

Ladies and gentlemen we have contact! For maybe a solid half-minute they held hands, o. m. g!

This chapter's entitled "Die Hard" and the crew even refers to Sailor as "John McClane." He kidnaps Tessa, mistaking her for the heroine of his adventure, and wreaks havoc aboard the ship. Meanwhile, Mr. Silver (Leonard) has a conversation with Mr. Gold, the leader of Amalgam and therefore the Big Bad of FMP. Mr. Gold figures Mr. Iron, IE Gauron (Iron apparently doesn't mix with Mercury and cannot form a true Amalgam. Who knew?) sold them out. Whatever the case, a pack of twelve Alistair miniature semi-autonomous Arm Slaves are on the boat, and stuff's about to get real.

Also mentioned here is Kurz's ability to play guitar. That's an interesting story that I think only gets covered in a flashback, 'bout how he was going to be a guitarist, but became a sniper instead.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
You suck. I don't hope that you die though since that'd be mean.

That's why I love ya.

I'd probably be less annoyed with her if they told us why she is so damn obsessed with him. It annoys me how she always forces herself on him and gets in his way trying to kill the other spirits. It's understandable with the current episode though.

Oreimo 2 - 06
The hell is going on.

Kyousuke is a damn fool. The only piece of ass he needs to be working towards is Shiori. She's the most stable of the bunch and is actually, you know, SANE.

Kuroneko is too cute not to like. But so is Saori.

Ayase would be great if she wasn't such a yandere.

OceanBlue

That's why I love ya.

I'd probably be less annoyed with her if they told us why she is so damn obsessed with him. It annoys me how she always forces herself on him and gets in his way trying to kill the other spirits. It's understandable with the current episode though.
I guess you've seen episode 8? I don't really know how far it covers so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Kanako Ohno: Yukana (C.C. in Code Geass)
Harunobu Madarame: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan in JJBA TV)
Saki Kasukabe: Rina Satou (Mikoto in Railgun)
Susanna Hopkins (Sue): Naomi Ohzora (no major anime roles, see here)
Angela Burton: Misa Kobayashi (not this one, but a different Misa, incredibly enough)

So we lose a Madarame who can scream "HIKARI NI NARE!" but gain one who knows "SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!" I guess that's acceptable.

(via earlbox)

I can't believe they recast Madarame.

I also like that Shimoku trolled by saying that volume 8 and 9 would be animated in "some form" (read never) in the manga. lol

duckroll

So, the project Bahi J.D. mentioned he was working with Koji Morimoto on has been confirmed as Mitsuyo Miyazaki's short film for the Lexus short film project "Life is Amazing". It premiered at Cannes during the weekend.

http://www.lexus-int.com/lexusshortfilms/

A BETTER TOMORROW

DIRECTED BY MITSUYO MIYAZAKI

In the near future when water is scarce, Shin and Myra, two orphans following in their scientist father’s footsteps, develop a technology that could turn the tides of time and heal the earth. But when dark forces kidnap them in an attempt to steal their father's invention, the device is mistakenly activated and a mysterious power unleashed. While trying to escape their captors, they are magically transported on a voyage out of this world.

According to Bahi, Morimoto directed the animated portions of the short, and he was also the animation director. He also lists the animators: Satoru Utsunomiya, Bahi JD, Jamie Vickers, Toru Yoshida, Aoki Yasuhiro and others.

Seems like a pretty cool project. I can't wait. Reminds me of BMW's The Hire project from years back!

Jintor

I can't believe they recast Madarame.

Ugh. Bad day.

I'll still give it a shot, but eh, between Nidaime's generally reduced quality (heck, I'm not even sure why it doesn't feel as good as OG Genshiken) and no excellent Viral Madarame, I'm gonna stay on my sceptical path.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh. Bad day.

I'll still give it a shot, but eh, between Nidaime's generally reduced quality (heck, I'm not even sure why it doesn't feel as good as OG Genshiken) and no excellent Viral Madarame, I'm gonna stay on my sceptical path.
Because it turned into a weird :DTL love story with random references being dropped and no actual character growth. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kirito would have been better if he was an obnoxious arsehole.

I mean he could have gone around reminding others that he died in SAO and survived.

"Why is your bother not playing this MMO with ya bud?"
"I...I... told you. He died in SAO..."
"Well so did I, but that didn't stop me playing MMOs. You win some you lose some."
"He... died"
"Yeah yeah I get it. He lost an hour's progress big deal."

Solune

K-On! 7

The bonds of sisters is exploited this time, displaying how Ui is a good girl and how well they fit together, what would Yui do without Ui? She'd just be a Y.

2YusO.jpg
The best image.
senjou sucks

only good gatari is karen
It IS Kitamura after all.

(via earlbox)

That's really strange but, I'll have to reserve judgement since Madarame's appearances are rather few and far between.

sol_bad

Humanity Has Declined 1-3

I started watching this as I noticed that it was in the top 10 best anime of 2012.
I can't seem to get in to this show or the characters, nor have I found it very funny aside from the poem in episode 2 about the 7 children.

Is there any point in e try to soldier on or do the first 3 episodes basically show what this anime is all about?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
lol How tall is Kyosuke?

Kuroneko looks much shorter than that. I thought she would be 4'8/4'10

I'm just a bit taller than her. Saori must be over 6'0
Everyone in Ore no Imouto is taller than one would expect. They certainly don't match the Japanese average.

Refresh my memory, cuz I don't have it memorized on an episode by episode basis. What happened here? And interestingly, at least where I am in the manga,
Chidori's backstory is never really expounded on.

Chidori suddenly started saying these military words she wasn't supposed to know, then this ominous music started playing and she started freakin' out. It makes me wonder where this show is going.

Moretsu Pirates - 26 [END]

That was quite a ride. Started off a bit slow at first but sure enough it got into that piratey goodness that I was hoping for. And yuri! A show that not only had lesbians, but ones that were relevant to the story itself! I wished Chiaki would've loosened up a bit more around Marika near the end, but what can I say: she likes to tsun. It was fairly obvious that
Ironbeard is Marika's father, I was just bummed that he didn't reveal his identity to her. Possible it may occur in a new season perhaps?
Oh and for best friend/side characters, Mami was awesome.

8 SDBurtons out of 10.
I'm disapointed SDburton . i expected at least a 9/10.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II 93

MV08ekNl.jpg

Screw the rules, I'll just drink my tea.

LOOOL They don't even try lol . Or are they out of ideas ?

/XX/

Excuse me, guys, but I'll take the opportunity to re-post and complete a couple of replies I wanted to write earlier but couldn't thanks to my account post preferences/options going haywire... 'perdona por molestarte antes con mi mensaje Gromph, todo parece funcionar correctamente ahora!'

The episode he was involved with in Panty & Stocking is the one produced by Purple Cow Studio. In fact, he's specifically credited on it for production desk under Purple Cow Studio.
But he is under Mr. Imaishi's wing now, it all makes sense! :p

Well, now seriously, I'm not even sure if he is the same person, although I think associated/external production managers are usually indicated as such with the company of procedence figuring along their name on credit rolls, isn't it? And knowing that new studios in immediate need of staff go actively after talent previously related to members of those, or that they personally knew about, makes me think that him being at TRIGGER Inc., (USPI) and acting as a link to contact a previous co-worker like independent Yasuhiro Yoshiura and offer him an opportunity to take on a project together is a possibility, in my opinion.

Looking at the credits for Patema Inverted on Annecy's website, two names pop out at me:
Music: Michiru Oshima
Sound: Akira Yamaoka

Interesting to see Yamaoka show up here; I don't believe he's worked on any anime before to my knowledge.
I'd want to make SUDA 51'S SDATCHER count as one (at least it works as a 'drama CD' from an animated series, right?), because Mr. Yamaoka's work on it is too amazing to pass on it now that we are talking about him here!

Even though not many on GAF seemed to care enough, judging by the thread dedicated to the project... :-(

Jintor

Moretsu Pirates - 26 [END]

That was quite a ride. Started off a bit slow at first but sure enough it got into that piratey goodness that I was hoping for. And yuri! A show that not only had lesbians, but ones that were relevant to the story itself! I wished Chiaki would've loosened up a bit more around Marika near the end, but what can I say: she likes to tsun. It was fairly obvious that
Ironbeard is Marika's father, I was just bummed that he didn't reveal his identity to her. Possible it may occur in a new season perhaps?
Oh and for best friend/side characters, Mami was awesome.

8 SDBurtons out of 10.

==================================

High five.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wasnt that show incredible? Pure unadulterated entertainment. It knew the buttons to push and it mashed the shit out of them.

Haha, it was good.

Yuyushiki 7

Holy shit how did I not notice this before? This is basically a harem show with a female lead! It even comes complete with a childhood friend, a shameless masochistic pervert, a shy girl, and even a jealous rival. Yellow confirmed for harem lead of the forever, female harem leads are the goddamn FUTURE OF ANIME!

If you like harems with a female lead you should check out Rinne no Lagrange. Modoka has that top tier swag that all the ladies, young and old just can't resist.

Kirito would have been better if he was an obnoxious arsehole.

I mean he could have gone around reminding others that he died in SAO and survived.

"Why is your bother not playing this MMO with ya bud?"
"I...I... told you. He died in SAO..."
"Well so did I, but that didn't stop me playing MMOs. You win some you lose some."
"He... died"
"Yeah yeah I get it. He lost an hour's progress big deal."

What ever happened to his parents?

You'd think the whole... my son was stuck in a coma because of vidyagames for like a year or 2...let's not throw out this vidyagame system. oooh new game!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What ever happened to his parents?

You'd think the whole... my son was stuck in a coma because of vidyagames for like a year or 2...let's not throw out this vidyagame system. oooh new game!
They died? He's living with this aunt (and uncle?). His aunt appears on screen for the briefest moment which is one of the few saving graces this show has because any longer and they may have ruined her character as well.

I'm reading something that doesn't make sense.

I mean Ayase is cute and a nice girl to everyone but Kyosuke. Her yandere act puts Kyosuke's life in jeopardy so Kuroneko or Saori would fit him better for the most part.

Much less stressful even if it is hilarious.

LN spoilers, don't read if you don't read the Light Novels or haven't caught up.--->
At least until Ayase confesses her feelings to Kyosuke at the end of volume 11. That does change things.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
They were a pretty hot couple.

Yeah they were!

Kurumi >>>>> Kotori >>>>>>>> Tohka >>>> Reine >> Yoshino >>>>>>>>>>> Origami

Origami fucking sucks and is hella annoying. I hope she dies.

Oh heellllll no!

usN6rIJ.jpg

this is what mmos have become.
He was an elf-eared dick hole.

This is why you have alt characters on the opposing faction so you can kill and camp people like that.

I'm disapointed SDburton . i expected at least a 9/10.

The show was a little slow at first and I wanted more Marika x Chiaki moments. Though it's pretty challenging to get 9's and 10's from me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom