• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I wonder why the anime fan community has a substantial proportion of people who obsess over a single gender and relationships between them to the exclusion of the opposite gender. Someone's got to have made an academic study of this phenomenon.

I have my own crack theories but they're probably SOS-worthy so I'll leave this to people who actually have an actual background in psychology.

It would just be self-psychoanalysis because I'm totally that way about yuri. Just not vocal about it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I like how they actually try and pull the

SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
OUR PRICE!

tactic when they're the ones setting the price to begin with and may be the sole outlet through which the discs are available :lol
Rightstuf does this too. It's silly. lol

Well, this just showed up out of nowhere. English BD/DVD release of Sword Art Online:

http://www.swordart-onlineusa.com/package/bluray01.html
http://www.swordart-onlineusa.com/package/index.html

Four sets, and the BD volumes are $90 each retail price. DVDs are $40 each. To be fair the BD LEs come with a decent amount of stuff, including the OSTs, a 16-page booklet, audio commentary, and the Sword Art Offline bonus shorts.

Easy to read list of the complied details, courtesy of WTK: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...l=1#post182698

I wonder if this is what AoA was teasing for their Anime Boston panel this weekend...
Figures that they can't get their act together to release a decent Nisemonogatari set but they can do 4 volumes of this crap.

Defuser

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - 03

That scene killed me. If you guys could only hear her snorting and moaning as she sexually assaulted that bear... oh my god. Mikoto almost
ran into her clone in this episode as well. And judging by the clone's voice, seems like she'll be quite different from the Mikoto we know.
Hype!

Never watched the first index?

I just said it so I can follow up with this:

CgrwsSb.png

Yes.

I ... I have conflicted feeligns right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have my own crack theories but they're probably SOS-worthy so I'll leave this to people who actually have an actual background in psychology.

It would just be self-psychoanalysis because I'm totally that way about yuri. Just not vocal about it.
Are you like SDBurton where you think you are in a yuri panopticon, watching over all yuri couples like a yuri god, or do you see yourself involved in the pairing?

The only sort of psychological explanation for this that I've seen is in one chapter of Genkaku Picasso, but I don't know if that's actually applicable in reality.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Are you like SDBurton where you think you are in a yuri panopticon, watching over all yuri couples like a yuri god, or do you see yourself involved in the pairing?

It's not the former, but I'm sure as hell not discussing this in a public forum!

I wonder why the anime fan community has a substantial proportion of people who obsess over a single gender and relationships between them to the exclusion of the opposite gender. Someone's got to have made an academic study of this phenomenon.

Are you sure you only see it a lot in the anime community because you're a part of it?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Romeo x Juliet 23 - Possible Kill Screen coming up!

So our hero Romeo plans to leave to his little village completely unaware of his love's plan...but something tells me that's just too easy a way to end it there ;)

Go get her, Romeo!

rxj-23-kiss4fugc.gif

Aww yeah that kiss :')

So is :sdBurton basically some Yuri action? cause we fucking got that shit, that came out of nowhere.

Yeah this episode is pretty bittersweet.

Alright, one to go. Is my heart ready to take it? I can only hope.

Articalys

So a few hours ago I saw the news on Twitter that Megumi Han would be a guest at Anime Expo. What I didn't realize until it was pointed out by someone else is that, in the news post announcing her as a guest of honor, this line was also included:
Ms. Han will also be participating in a Little Witch Academia panel hosted by TRIGGER, producers of the new hit anime!
I don't seem to recall anybody from Trigger being announced as an AX guest... yet...

Defuser

Are you referring to the one starring Touma? Nope. :lol
Touma will only appear near 3/4 the end of the arc which is where it will coincide with the first Index so what you see in the OP is mostly untrue.

So after this sister arc. You can check out Index ep 10 to 14 for Touma's POV. And ep 19 and 20 for the aftermath.

After that you skip to Index Season 2 ep 6 and 7 for more Kuroko action and antics.

KLVgAMtl.png

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Touma will only appear near 3/4 the end of the arc which is where it will coincide with the first Index.

So after this sister arc. You can check out Index ep 10 to 14 for Touma's POV. And ep 19 and 20 for the aftermath.

After that you skip to Index Season 2 ep 6 and 7 for more Kuroko action and antics.

KLVgAMtl.png

Ok I'll do that.

NLJyj.png

Mature

So a few hours ago I saw the news on Twitter that Megumi Han would be a guest at Anime Expo. What I didn't realize until it was pointed out by someone else is that, in the news post announcing her as a guest of honor, this line was also included:

I don't seem to recall anybody from Trigger being announced as an AX guest... yet...
Oh, man, potentially amazing panel. I wonder who the "producers of trigger" involve...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Smile Precure 4 and part of 5

You know, I gotta hand it to Toei for their creativity in merchandizing. Sell the mascot, toys, and ALL sorts of bullshit trinkets with them!

Hyakka ryouran samourai girls - 11&12(end)

It started , i was worried, bored but around the middle of ep 3 something changed and it became watchable.

Now having finished this anime i feel that this wasn't a bad anime but there was clearly numerous missteps both in the artistic style than in the way the events unfold.

THE GOOD

-"Baka" as a character . She made the whole harem setup much more bearable and the jokes were in 95% funny and spot-on. she helped break the ice and was nicely introduced in the casting
-The action scenes
-The whole setting ( the what if the shogunate never lost power was a nice place to use as base for the story)
-The sanada/senhime rivalry ( it was balanced and not overdone)
-The "ink" effect ( it's a distinct style and it's not a bad idea )
-Fanservice , aside from some char designs was kept in check ..well except in ep9.

THE BAD
-The horrible "ink" effect ( they abused so much of the effects that in some places thewhole image is monocolored. Bad for the eyes
-The antagonists (they were MIA). Brother was lack luster and the reincarnated didn't come on stage.. DISAPOINTING
-Yandere are not always cool
-Anime felt rushed and unfinished, especially in the last 3 episodes.
-Aside from the basics , most of the obvious trivia is not told beforehand and we just discover it after the fact or as the plot dictates. Not a good way to tell a story.

NOTE 6/10
It was "ok" , not bad , watchable even but far from being a must-see .

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Now I'm quite :Chitanda about this issue! Please share! No one reads spoilers anyway! lol

We wouldn't be having this conversation if that were true!

A day where I lay my head on the pillow as I'm about to go to sleep and the last thought that goes through my head is, "Dear Diary, today I spilled my guts about my sexual deviancy to firehawk" is a day that I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for. And so, itsasecrettoeveryone.jpg :lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 4 and part of 5

You know, I gotta hand it to Toei for their creativity in merchandizing. Sell the mascot, toys, and ALL sorts of bullshit trinkets with them!

I've never researched this because I don't hate myself that much, but I like to think that the Cure Decor are sold randomly in blind booster boxes for maximum exploitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom