• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this just showed up out of nowhere. English BD/DVD release of Sword Art Online:

http://www.swordart-onlineusa.com/package/bluray01.html
http://www.swordart-onlineusa.com/package/index.html

Four sets, and the BD volumes are $90 each retail price. DVDs are $40 each. To be fair the BD LEs come with a decent amount of stuff, including the OSTs, a 16-page booklet, audio commentary, and the Sword Art Offline bonus shorts.

First volume releases August 13, with the rest following a month later each.

Easy to read list of the complied details, courtesy of WTK: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...ord-Art-Online&p=182698&viewfull=1#post182698

I wonder if this is what AoA was teasing for their Anime Boston panel this weekend...

I might have considered paying $90 dollars for the blu-ray with all 25 episodes plus the bonus content. But $360 for the entire series? Go home Aniplex you're drunk

cajunator

Banned
Gargantia 02

So it is a ship! It kinda reminds me of how Girls und Panzer was located on a ship... except it was explained in the show and not OVAs and whatnot. Seems the fairy tales in regards to humans escaping into space could be true (generally happens in fiction).

It is taking strides to develop its world settings, from the reason why they're on ships, to what to be weary off out in the ocean. Ledo, sadly, still needs his robotic partner for things, which I'm not sure if he'll be weened off.

The presentation artwork indicated that Gargantia takes place on ships. you probably hadnt seen the announcement.

I wonder why the anime fan community has a substantial proportion of people who obsess over a single gender and relationships between them to the exclusion of the opposite gender. Someone's got to have made an academic study of this phenomenon.

I dont care about specific matchups.
yuri is really damned nice but not essential.

Articalys

I like them, especially the friend.
6VDC4du.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha I'm just having fun. I wouldn't have even notice your spoiler was about me had you not mentioned that no one reads them.
Well, I almost wonder if your yuri enthusiasm is parody or satire at this point. lol

We wouldn't be having this conversation if that were true!

A day where I lay my head on the pillow as I'm about to go to sleep and the last thought that goes through my head is, "Dear Diary, today I spilled my guts about my sexual deviancy to firehawk" is a day that I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for. And so, itsasecrettoeveryone.jpg :lol
This is AnimeGAF.jpg You have nothing to hide! lol

If only we could bring back the Tampire...

---

6ITAkmLl.jpg

I saw this on a show tonight and it reminded me of that wall crab thing that you guys were posting a while ago. Well, close enough anyway. lol

A day where I lay my head on the pillow as I'm about to go to sleep and the last thought that goes through my head is, "Dear Diary, today I spilled my guts about my sexual deviancy to firehawk" is a day that I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for. And so, itsasecrettoeveryone.jpg :lol

XiziASV.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

*shrug* It's just people on the internet.

cajunator

Banned
It's not the former, but I'm sure as hell not discussing this in a public forum!

Do tell us!

Hmm... looks like a page with the anime character designs for Watamote was posted at some point recently.

http://watamote.jp/character.html

I think Minus and Abload are the best picks for larger gifs.

She looks so cute.
I know she isnt supposed to be but here she is precious.
an adorable little bundle of hate and embarassment.

CorvoSol

Uh, I don't remember Cornelia being in this episode. If you're referring to the blond haired girl in glasses next to Nunally during the speech, that's not her.

Man that lady is so obviously Cornelia in disguise. She's got the mole and everything. She couldn't possibly be any more Cornelia.

The king is aware that Lelouch is Zero right? He knows that Lelouch wouldn't go after Nunally (at least that's what he thinks). So maybe he's trying to confirm if Lelouch regained his memories with that. Also what other leaders (aside from Schinzel) are competent enough to deal with Zero? If he puts her in charge, then this one will remain in control for a while.

You know, though, awful as the King of Quaker Oats is, I still can't help but feel the man is a better father than Gendo Ikari. In fact, I don't know that there is a worse father in Mecha than Gendo.

Get ready for episode 9.

Does DTL like Nina, because that'd explain why I hate her. I'm destiny-bound to hate every character he loves.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well, I almost wonder if your yuri enthusiasm is parody or satire at this point. lol

I believe we had a similar conversation like this before, but regardless, rest assured my appreciation for the genre is 100% true and honest. I do not marathon shows for possible pairings just for shits and giggles. :lol

Apparently I've been missing out on yuri night. Can't say this is too surprising for animeGAF.

I can't put my finger on it but I'm getting really strong Dr. Seuss vibes out of this. Anyone else see what I'm talking about?

Oh come on how bad could it be? Just look at the group you're talking to, chances are someone here has the exact same kink as you and maybe even loves it more than you do! Flaunting your deviancy is half of what this thread is about anyway.

Narag

If not firehawk then who??

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh come on how bad could it be? Just look at the group you're talking to, chances are someone here has the exact same kink as you and maybe even loves it more than you do! Flaunting you deviancy is half of what this thread is about anyway.

I actively try not to contribute to smutgaf!

All will be revealed when the time is right. Mark your calendars for......whenever.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To be fair, somebody as insecure about normal anime is clearly not ready to be open about something actually worth staying discrete about. One thing at a time.

We're here for you, Mad Pierrot!

Now the anticipation is building and when madpierrot finally confesses, it'll be a letdown. This is like a console unveiling.

Speaking of which it's been about a day and a half and an X1-tan doesn't exist yet. Surely the hate must flow enough for a caricature of it to be out by now. What was the turn around time on previous console-tans?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
By continuing to talk about it you're only blowing the significance of the whole thing further out of proportion! I'm just shy!

Jintor

I can't put my finger on it but I'm getting really strong Dr. Seuss vibes out of this. Anyone else see what I'm talking about?

Yeah, the difference is that Seuss books are eternally in a nonsensical non-sequitar of madness whereas Watamote uses it to emphasize how severely screwed up the MC is

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I believe we had a similar conversation like this before, but regardless, rest assured my appreciation for the genre is 100% true and honest. I do not marathon shows for possible pairings just for shits and giggles. :lol
Sure, but now you've like amped your fetish by a thousand times. lol

Mature

Already saw it.

I'll just list a few shows i've liked.

Detective Conan
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Hyouka
Bunny Drop
i read where the manga went, what a mistake
FMA
Fate/Zero
Black Lagoon
etc.
Oh, so good things. That makes it simple.

Try out (in no particular order):
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
Kids on the Slope
Darker than Black
Baccano!
Macross Plus
Serial Experiments Lain
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Vision of Escaflowne
Gurren Lagann
Azumanga Daioh
Paranoia Agent
FLCL
Trigun
And Yet the Town Moves (Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Kemonozume
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
R.O.D the TV

Also, out of curiosity, how much of Detective Conan have you seen?

By continuing to talk about it you're only blowing the significance of the whole thing further out of proportion! I'm just shy!

Aww that's ADORABLE! I'll be so disappointed if your fetish isn't just as innocent.

Yeah, the difference is that Seuss books are eternally in a nonsensical non-sequitar of madness whereas Watamote uses it to emphasize how severely screwed up the MC is

I should really read more manga if they tend to break the mold in art like this.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Romeo x Juliet 24 - END

;__: yeah, I knew it was coming. It had to come. It wouldn't be Romeo and Juliet without an end like this. But still.

Great series. It's as incredibly gushy as can be, but still, it tugs at the heart like no other. Art was great, the action was great, music was pretty good, English VAs were perfectly placed. Coming into it I was a little apprehensive about a series that was taking a Shakespeare play and expounding it into a 24 episode series and changing major elements of the plot, but it worked beautifully. Some bad characters, sometimes a convoluted plot, and sometimes the inclusion of Shakespearean english (though great for its inclusion) sometimes stood out badly when contrasted immediately fore and aft by "normal" talk. Those are my only real complaints.

Overall I loved it. Easy 9/10 from me. Incredibly well-crafted series with some great moments.

"Strife, hatred, sorrow, pain. What is that brings these things to final end? 'Tis ultimately love that wins the day. For love indeed doth old wounds warmly tend.

And so, dear friends, with that...we close our play..."

RCnix7R.jpg

Damn you credits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom