• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

i1ekJtm0BaqZg.gif

This episode should be good for gifs

Necrovex

The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou 1

This OP song sucks ass.

But this animation is gorgeous, wow. Like, crazy good. It's really quite the unusual style, but it's so appealing.

It'll be interesting to see how they reshape the culture and characters, changing the setting to space. I'm sure there will be some very cool twists because of that.

I'm really liking the design and showing of the Count. And the English VAs so far are really well placed; the Count's VA is killer. (I think Corvy, you're watching the Sub right? Albert's English VA is Lelouch's from Geass, so if you're watching the dub of that, then you may have made the good choice, lol.)

Albert is so pliable and naive; its cool seeing him being tugged to and fro by his friend and count.

the skulls in her dress were a dead give away

This ED is baller.

You made the right decision in watching this anime. Prepare to see one of the best adaptations of an original novel around these parts.

I actually really liked the OP. It was very different than what I usually hear in anime, and I love the slow-pace of it. I also played a game involving a space giraffe whose main song involved a french singer; the two singers sound very alike, and I almost want to say that game and this anime's OP are sung by the same person. And yes, the ED is baller.

I have only seen the dub of The Count of Monte Cristo, but I love each voice actor(ress). The Count is the pinnacle of English voice dubs; there is one scene that involves him that haunts me to this day. And the Count's character is magnificent, it'll be hard *not* to love him by the end of the series.

So it looks like ToonamiGAF are our new neighbors on OT Community Street. Can anyone think of a good housewarming gift?

We tell Toonami-Gaf to watch all of School Days. I can't imagine a better housewarming present.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I believe the Secret of Kels does it, too.

And I dunno, I guess I just read too much into the whole thing with Franz. I wonder if, since the Count is portrayed as sinister, Albert's father will be portrayed as benevolent, or the greater of two evils?

Maybe? I don't know, I think they're trying to present the count truly as an anti-villain/sympathetic villian, so I could see it could go either way.

You made the right decision in watching this anime. Prepare to see one of the best adaptations of an original novel around these parts.

I actually really liked the OP. It was very different than what I usually hear in anime, and I love the slow-pace of it. I also played a game involving a space giraffe whose main song involved a french singer; the two singers sound very alike, and I almost want to say that game and this anime's OP are sung by the same person. And yes, the ED is baller.

I have only seen the dub of The Count of Monte Cristo, but I love each voice actor(ress). The Count is the pinnacle of English voice dubs; there is one scene that involves him that haunts me to this day. And the Count's character is magnificent, it'll be hard *not* to love him by the end of the series.

We tell Toonami-Gaf to watch all of School Days. I can't imagine a better housewarming present.

I hope so! It seems good so far, at least.

I'm not sure the OP will grow on me honestly, it's really too weird, and I'm into weird fucking music already so that's saying something.

We should tell Toonami-Gaf to watch SAO.

Gargantia - 07

ON a visual level this episode was great.

In term of story this was also excellent and the way the episode ended was a nice touch.

Can't wait to see more ... it's excellent

Syrinx

The Rose of Versailles 3

Bara wa bara wa bara wa bara wa

That lady is obviously a total cunt, so Marie Antoinette's decision to ignore her completely is admirable. But it seems that she may have bitten off more than she could chew. Now the Duke of Orleans is getting his snake ass involved.

Oscar was happy to look on and watch all of the nobility and royalty fall over themselves trying to figure out who to side with with quiet satisfaction and enjoyment. But now Lady Cunt is dragging her mother and her into the mess. It is my observation that Oscar has no choice but to fuck her up silly. Quietly. In a way she can get the message across to not fuck with her while not getting chewed out.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Diebuster - 01

Putting a mental note to heed Regulus Tera's words of wisdom and to drop everything I'm doing and watch a show when he tells me to.
I thought you would get the idea after Gunbuster.
I got FLCL vibes like crazy from this, which is no surprise considering it's Sadamoto behind the character designs.
Director Kazuya Tsurumaki was behind FLCL too. Yoji Enokido did writing duties for both series as well.

cajunator

Banned
Kiddy Grade 12

Last time, on Kiddy Grade, stuff got REAL. I mean, I know I talked some serious crap beforehand, but we're talking they basically announced that fanservicelicious girl Eclair is a TIME LORD and she pretty much singlehandedly staged a coup d'etat on a planet.

"My ice cream has lost its flavor." Deep words from Tweedle Dee.

What if Armsblast is an Auditor of Reality?

Why does the Galactic Office of Trades and Tariffs have a Death Squad? Good grief, behind that UGUU exterior, the world of Kiddy Grade is pretty messed up. Legalized slavery, the Trade Commission has a Death Squad, what else? Oh yeah, guns advertised for the purpose of suicide.

So wait, does everyone in the GOTT know who Eclair is except Eclair? What the heeeeck.

She wants the "D-Command".

NANOMACHINES INSIDE THEIR BODIES.

YO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I believe the Secret of Kels does it, too.

And I dunno, I guess I just read too much into the whole thing with Franz. I wonder if, since the Count is portrayed as sinister, Albert's father will be portrayed as benevolent, or the greater of two evils?

Told you it was great.
Kiddy Grade is excellent entertainment.
something else happens that you will no doubt react to and I cant wait to see it.

Thats a horrible GREAT IDEA!

Smile HalfwayCure Movie

Talk about being an asshole

gotta ruin your life because you didn't do as we promised by messing up the stories to have the main characters kill you and your friends. But the villains will save the day!

It sort of felt rough at the beginning because I just finished the Cinderella episode, and so part of it felt like a recap without the others interfering.

jgminto

SAO is fairly decent during its first season. We go in Toonami-Gaf and tell them to only watch the second half of SAO. That'll show them.

I don't know about that.

I want to know what this list is. You know, for research purposes. >_>

It's a list of shows of varying quality that are considered memorable. Some are great, some are shocking, some are the worst shit you'll ever see. You will remember all of them forever once you see them.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 75: The Movement of the Thunderbolt

~ I, Oskar von Reuental, would feel the utmost indignation if I were rumored to have undertaken looting and assault... ~

It's been a while since we saw some serious Imperial bureaucracy. Anyway, my two suspects for these rumors spreading are either von Oberstein, to keep von Reuental on a closer leash, or Rubinsky, in order to grow dissent among the High Admiralty. I don't think Reinhard is gonna indict him though, that flashback shows they go way back. Reinhard was rather shocked at Hildegard's advice, whatever it was.

CorvoSol

Code Spartacus R2 9

Please tell me that glorious new OP is just around the corner.

Wait, is Prince Schneizel into men, or was Canon joking about that? I mean, he SAID it was a joke, but then he was like "He has an interest in unusual things, myself included."

And hey, shouldn't the Empress of China be wedding someone OTHER than the Crown Prince of Britannia? Like, you know, his brother, the next in line? Isn't that how this normally works? That way one rules Britannia and the other China and no strife is found by people wanting the world crown?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NINA.

Ahahahaha, so this guy is Chinese Lelouch and the Empress is his Nunally. Wooooo.

Fuck you, Nina. "I hate women who have no depth to them." Milly's a deeper person than you by a country mile. Girl's making the best of an arranged marriage to a man who obviously doesn't give two flips about her, while still balancing her school life and keeping her friends together.

You, on the other hand, almost murdered your friends because your celebrity lesbian crush died. You're a conniving, whiny, unbalanced racist bitch of the highest caliber, and if anyone on this show has no depth, it's YOU.

Kallen is ACES, people. ACES. Do you see Lelouch showing the world his face? No. Does Ogie? No. Kallen has to go out there and be the most well-known member of Lelouch's little rebel team, and she's lost her friends and normal life for it with nary a peep. People like Kallen and Ogie are the only thing worth rooting for on Lelouch's side.

Aaaaaactually, Suzaku, for once I'm gonna have to say no. Zero isn't responsible for the "tragic" state Nina is in. She's a neurotic sociopath who was willing to murder her friends over a celebrity's untimely death. That Zero caused that death is of little consequence this one time, because Nina was already a nutcase before what happened anyway. Do you really think that
Euphemia's death
is the reason she's freaked out and called Kallen an Eleven after she JUST DID IT TO YOU and praised Kallen for being half-Britannian?

Nina's just a salacious harpy, and Zero, for once, isn't at fault.

You know, though, Odysseus isn't that bad of a husband for the Empress. I mean, Odysseus is a million years older than her, but he also seems like a legitimately nice person.

Soma

Valvrave Ep. 7

I keep thinking that I'll be mentally prepared for what's to come but I'm never ready for what actually transpires each week.

The possibilities for what this episode's intro sequence is indicating is very interesting. I'm legitimately excited to see where they're gonna go with this.

Articalys

Looks like this got found out sooner than the Time of Eve team had planned.

Kickstarter: Time of EVE: The Movie on Blu-ray
What is the Blu-ray release going to include?
  • Time of EVE: The Movie, with subtitles in English.
  • We will also include bonus features with interviews of the main cast and director Yoshiura Yasuhiro. We are still looking through our video archives to see what we include.
  • 40-page art book (we are really excited about this!)
  • For those who purchase this Blu-ray through the Kickstarter campaign, each Blu-ray will include 8 postcards of the characters. This is the complete set of postcards, and is an exclusive for this Kickstarter campaign!
Minimum of $55 for the BD, or just $20 if you only want the art book and postcards.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
http://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/madoka4.asp
http://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/madoka5.asp
http://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/madoka6.asp

SFDebris has posted it's next three reviews of Madoka, going up to episode 6, and it continues to be an amusing look at the series from a person not that familiar with Anime.

"Bunny Cat's a dick..."

After watching the OP to Gankutsuou, I really want to do a rewatch =/.

Wait, what's this? Oh, wow.
C'mon Funi...

Like $500 in Japan, isn't it?

Mature

Looks like this got found out sooner than the Time of Eve team had planned.

Kickstarter: Time of EVE: The Movie on Blu-ray

Minimum of $55 for the BD, or just $20 if you only want the art book and postcards.
It's by the actual team? Hm.

Like $500 in Japan, isn't it?
It sure looks like $500 worth of BD. At least, by typical pricing standards.

ICE is on this list. Therefore it is a good list.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Not sure who holds the keys to the list. I summon someone to post the list!

KITAAAAAAAAAAA

AD Police OVA
Angel Cop (dub) (caveats)
Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature
Baoh
Black Lion (dub)
Blood-C
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Crystal Triangle
Cyber City Oedo 808 (dub)
Dark Cat (dub)
Dog Soldier
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness (dub)
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Garzey's Wing (dub)
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe (dub)
Golden Laws
Goku: Midnight Eye (tentative)
Hermes: Winds of Love
ICE (footnote: most incomprehensible ever)
Kenya Boy
Kuttsukiboshi
Laws of Eternity
Laws of the Sun
Mad Bull 34 (dub)
Mars of Destruction
Melody of Oblivion
Musashi Gundoh
Rebirth of Buddha
School Days
Shuffle (major caveats)
Street Fighter 2 V (with caveats)
Sukeban Deka (dub)
Wicked City (tentative upon watching)
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 (madpierrot personal rec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom