• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now I have to wonder why was Gurren Lagann never picked up for Adult Swim now Toonami? It makes more sense to air it there as opposed to Sci-Fi or whoever had it back then.

I figured there were just issues with who owns the TV rights to the series in the US. If Funimation brought it over, I'd have no doubt in my mind it would be on Toonami right now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mars of Destruction is funny if you're rooting for the cast to fail.

I've only completed Mad Bull 34 and Code Geass from the list. Blood-C and School Days I may know too much about to get a full experience out of it.
You may think you're spoiled on School Days, but like all good tragedies, the story is more than the resolution.

Blood-C is also worth watching. It's not like what's going to happen is any big secret to begin with. CLAMP is what you'd expect of them, and they foreshadow things properly.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
KITAAAAAAAAAAA

AD Police OVA
Angel Cop (dub) (caveats)
Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature
Baoh
Black Lion (dub)
Blood-C
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Crystal Triangle
Cyber City Oedo 808 (dub)
Dark Cat (dub)
Dog Soldier
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness (dub)
Earth Maiden Arjuna
Garzey's Wing (dub)
Glass Fleet: Legend of the Wind of the Universe (dub)
Golden Laws
Goku: Midnight Eye (tentative)
Hermes: Winds of Love
ICE (footnote: most incomprehensible ever)
Kenya Boy
Kuttsukiboshi
Laws of Eternity
Laws of the Sun
Mad Bull 34 (dub)
Mars of Destruction
Melody of Oblivion
Musashi Gundoh
Rebirth of Buddha
School Days
Shuffle (major caveats)
Street Fighter 2 V (with caveats)
Sukeban Deka (dub)
Wicked City (tentative upon watching)
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 (madpierrot personal rec)

Any list that recommends people watch MoO is a good list.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Well, there is that eye-licking part...

Oh, I meant OVAs on the list, not the Geass ones.

I haven't seen any Akito yet, but I've heard they've been rather good thus far, if quite different in tone from the original series.

I figured, the Geass OVAs I meant as a bit of an aside, sorry.

Instro

Majestic Prince 8

Pretty balls out stuff there. I mean its essentially an entire episode of action, and I didn't actually spot any reuse either. I think what was really enjoyable about it is that it conveyed a very nice sense of a large drawn out battle. The mechs/fleet have to move and regroup at various points, the team has to plan out refueling/restocking on the fly, different people are partnered up and shifted around the battlefield. Leaders and formations change as new enemies enter the field. Multiple fronts. There' a lot of on the spot tactics, very cool. Total blast to watch.

What do ghosts have to do with space?!

pN9URSl.jpg

CorvoSol

No comment on dat chess match?

It's CHESS. It's not fun to play, and hasn't been for at least two hundred years, let alone watch people watching people play chess. It might be more logical for a person to learn about their adversary playing chess, but its a lot less visually engaging than people communicating through their fists, as the God of Mecha intended.

Dresden

Valvrave the Liberator Episode 7

x3Vo8uf.gif

So many explosions, and high speed action with vibrant colors, closeups shots as weapons were being fired, and just tons of wasted yet really fast movement darting back and forth zipping and zagging and even spinning while firing lasers, dodging, and all that typical mech action. It was amazing and surely what other mech anime this season need to be doing and fast. The hilarious dialogue mixed in, while at first a bit distraction, was quickly welcome as it added a layer of some uniqueness to this whole anime and really kept the characters believable and fun. Shoko and Saki both are terrible characters but the presense of L-Elf and
the way he offered his body to Haruto made it worthwhile.

Jex

Valvrave the Liberator Episode 7

x3Vo8uf.gif

So many explosions, and high speed action with vibrant colors, closeups shots as weapons were being fired, and just tons of wasted yet really fast movement darting back and forth zipping and zagging and even spinning while firing lasers, dodging, and all that typical mech action. It was amazing and surely what other mech anime this season need to be doing and fast. The hilarious dialogue mixed in, while at first a bit distraction, was quickly welcome as it added a layer of some uniqueness to this whole anime and really kept the characters believable and fun. Shoko and Saki both are terrible characters but the presense of L-Elf and
the way he offered his body to Haruto made it worthwhile.

Nice post, DTL.

Wait a second...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom