• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[RomCom SNAFU] 08

Had Saika. 'Twas good. That part at the end was interesting too, I guess.
I hope that this is the true end.

You've got to be shitting me.

-_-
I have no idea, but let's just pretend it's true!

Praise be gg subs

---

So Photo Kano has really become a poorer version of Amigami SS, although I will say the hybrid Yosuga no Sora/Amagami anthology format is, if nothing else, another interesting way to solve the problem of doing a harem with a billion generic girls in a presumably 1 cour series.

Aaaaaanyway, this came up:
cvJWnTFl.jpg

And I was reminded of that CheapyD story where in Japan, if you call an ambulance, they won't take you to a hospital. They sit there and call around until they can find a hospital that has a free space before they will even move.

I mean, in America I heard of people not being allowed treatment because they don't have insurance and ambulances being forced to drive around until they could find one that would take the patient, but just sitting there and waiting seems just as weird.

But hey, maybe it works for them. lol

Thoraxes

Photokano - 08

I'm gonna be pissed if they hold Mai or the imouto for the end.

I really hate his blackmail spin.

Next week
looks like we get some delicious tan lines.

wonzo

Banned
Photo Kano 8

photokano8.jpg

This show may be a poor mans Amagami SS but I'll take that over what the first four episode were any day of the week as it's been on a role ever since it shifted focus to each individual girl. The only problem is the sister's never gonna get her day in the sun. At least Miya got a special or two. ;-;

Anyways, this episode focused on the School Prez and the inner delinquent in her. Fortunately, the MC showed her the right way to ditch school by engrossing her in the wonders of ARCADE CULTURE. Kazuya well and truly is the single greatest harem MC in living memory and to think of all those really shitty harem and just how much better they'd be with an MC like him, ~what a world that would be~.

Next week looks fun as fuck too!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Photo Kano 8

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/anime/photokano8.jpg

This show may be a poor mans Amagami SS but I'll take that over what the first four episode were any day of the week as it's been on a role ever since it shifted focus to each individual girl. The only problem is the sister's never gonna get her day in the sun. At least Miya got a special or two. ;-;

Anyways, this episode focused on the School Prez and the inner delinquent in her. Fortunately, the MC showed her the right way to ditch school by engrossing her in the wonders of ARCADE CULTURE. Kazuya well and truly is the single greatest harem MC in living memory and those really shitty harem series would be much better off with a character like him. ~what a world that would be~

Next week looks fun as fuck too!

I can't tell if this is real or not!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But I genuinely enjoy watching that too, and not just for the bad CG!

There's just something about Photo Kano that really clicks but I just don't know what it is…
But the one thing about Photo Kano that was its selling point, the creepshots with the CG pans, is all but gone and now it's just generic girls with generic problems. lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Venus S] 100
Now this is the type of storyline Toei can't plagiarise for modern Precure. Poor Minako-chan has to suffer through all the heartbreak.
Even if the notion of leaving "magical girlness" is only there for brief, I like to see how the world-saving duties take a toll on the regular lifestyles of the Senshi. It's a concept you don't see explored nearly enough.

Artemis confirmed for best cat, once again. He's the real hero of the show.
Is this supposed to be a reference to Attack No. 1? Or maybe some other show that I ignore?

P.S. Lines like this one make me realise I'm watching a cartoon that's twenty years old.

wonzo

Banned
Aikatsu is great. I totally voted for it in Daisuki's poll thingy.
thumbsup.gif

But the one thing about Photo Kano that was its selling point, the creepshots with the CG pans, is all but gone and now it's just generic girls with generic problems. lol
Yeah, I pretty much got sick of the creeper angle after the second episode and yet I'm finding this show far more enjoyable now than it was before. I think the dumbness of the last episode has set the tone for how I'm gonna approach this series for the rest of it. Well, that and the MC actually having the guts to pull off the shit he does to get what he wants.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Venus S] 100

Now this is the type of storyline Toei can't plagiarise for modern Precure. Poor Minako-chan has to suffer through all the heartbreak.
Even if the notion of leaving "magical girlness" is only there for brief, I like to see how the world-saving duties take a toll on the regular lifestyles of the Senshi. It's a concept you don't see explored nearly enough.
Furthermore, Minako has to deal with no longer being the girl in the spotlight. All that work, and it's Usagi that the kids cheer for now. Kinda touched on earlier with the ep early in R, but definitely exposed more in this ep with Minako dragging out her old merchandise.

Taruranto

Valvrave #7

A
200 years time-skip. A FUCKING 200 YEARS TIME-SKIP.
No one ever saw it coming.

Is this NTR? Audrey wants ERU-ELFERU as his waifu but ERU-ELFERU would rather prefer Haruto. Meanwhile Haruto wants none of this shit, but we are in a Sunrise anime and we can't have straight pairings.

Awesome!

BluWacky

So why did Minako drop the Sailor V moniker anyway? I mean in-universe. Even her outfit is different.

The last chapter of the Sailor V manga ends with her fighting the Dark Kingdom for the first time. In the battle she awakens to her true memories as one of Usagi's guardians, so she decides to take up her true role and abandon the Sailor V persona.

Code Spartacus R2 9

Please tell me that glorious new OP is just around the corner.
It's coming don't you worry. I think it arrives at, episode 14 maybe?

Aaaaaactually, Suzaku, for once I'm gonna have to say no. Zero isn't responsible for the "tragic" state Nina is in. She's a neurotic sociopath who was willing to murder her friends over a celebrity's untimely death. That Zero caused that death is of little consequence this one time, because Nina was already a nutcase before what happened anyway. Do you really think that
Euphemia's death
is the reason she's freaked out and called Kallen an Eleven after she JUST DID IT TO YOU and praised Kallen for being half-Britannian?

Well to be fair, Suzaku wasn't exactly there when she almost blew her friends up IIRC. He knew that she was a big "fan" of Euphemia. So Suzaku understands the pure lust for vengeance she feels so that's why he's sympathizing with her for the sorry state she's in.

And before you ask, I'm defending Suzaku on this not Nina.

Also, little fun fact.

Xing Ke's English VA is the same guy who does Richard in Tales of Graces F. And they both angrily yell: "You filthy scum!"

wonzo

Banned
Chihayafuru 2 19

chihayas219.jpg

It's episodes like this that are the reason why I watch this show. The fantastic use music and vivid imagery combined with the (mostly) good pacing that builds up this sense of tension, this heavy burden, which is so great you can almost smell the sweat of each and every player in the room. It all builds up till this final, massive crescendo which completely blows you away. It's episodes like this that make the lows of this series so worth it.

That's not to say it was perfect of course as it did drag on with the monologues just a bit around the ad-break point and the
grunts at the end with Arata were fucking dumb as hell. lol

I figure this is gonna focus on the individual tournament now with some insight into what Shinobu's thinking after witnessing the team matches and a return to the worlds most pathetic love triangle.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II 95

hra7H1Il.jpg

WE'RE FINALLY GOING TO BE DUELING IN SPACE!
WHAT

Is that a space ship command center ? really ?

Loved loved loved that OP, I LOVED the setting--even if it was a little heavy handed, but that show was shite. I couldn't stand another episode of police girl simultaneously, and oh so conveniently working in the field, yet not knowing a damn thing about it. All while falling madly in love with wolf-guy. No thank you.

I really wanted to like it too.

Actually police girl is the character that has the more growth in the series , she starts quite low and work her way up there , to the point where she takes her own decisions. MOst of teh antagonist , even manipulated displayed a large amount of character and the setting was well done.

This show was brillant on all aspects.

duckroll

I don't know if this is stupid or genius.

I think we've watched enough anime to know the difference.

STUPID = Guilty Crown (Yoshino smells, terrible writer, can lick my balls, etc)

GENIUS = Code Geass (Okouchi godmode, great writer, born to be king, etc)

It's clear where Valvrave lies.

I think we've watched enough anime to know the difference.

STUPID = Guilty Crown (Yoshino smells, terrible writer, can lick my balls, etc)

GENIUS = Code Geass (Okouchi godmode, great writer, born to be king, etc)

It's clear where Valvrave lies.

Actually i'm not sure.i've stopped watching at ep 2.

Is this code geass good , or is it guilty crown good ?

Are you watching for the lulZ or is it because it's entertaining ?

Never got why people would complain so strongly about that. It's not like the rules of chess are above the laws of physics and those are broken by anime, this particular one included, on a regular basis. If I wanted to see accurate portrayals of chess and any other sport or game, anime would be the last place I'd look through.

I wish real life baseball was like the baseball in One Outs.

Articalys

Arent they kind of way late on that, I thought I and other sites mentioned weeks ago that the discs indicated it was 26 eps. Oh well, yay for new OP and ED.
Well excuse me for trying to be helpful. I think someone in this thread has said a while ago that re-reporting old news is fine as things tend to get lost in the ether and anyone who calls it out as old is taking things too seriously, and since I saw that post I've taken the message to heart.

wonzo

Banned
Bobby's In Deep

bobbysindeep.jpg

I vaguely remember hearing about this once on AWO and it wasn't until I read Dresden's post about it that I noticed it was on my list of things to check out sometime. Honestly, I wasn't really feeling it for the most part and was ready to write this off until the last scene which completely blew me away and made it all worth it. Holy shit.

Theonik

Rose of the Versailles 01
Awesome. Just awesome Dezaki goodness. Music rocks too.

Star Driver 01
Mecha as envisioned by DTL pretty much. Not bad though, the visuals were VERY nice barring some really unfortunate character designs that I found and some blandness here and there. Still will keep up with it.

Durarara 01
This was OK. I like the cat ear motorcycle suit I guess? Not really sure what this show is about just from the first episode.

Kids on the Slope 01
DTL's Jazz. OK first episode, good job at establishing what the show is about and introducing some of the key characters.

Steins;Gate 01
I think my eyeballs are all burnt. Tuturu~

Tiger and Bunny 01
Damn CG mecha and advertising everywhere. Truly a look into the real future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom