• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlod at work - 08

Kimino-girl is still awesome

Haratake_maou_08.gif

Lovely !

All aspect of this episode were excellent.

The diner, the reveal that they misunderstood each other , the discovery of modern culture, the confession, the challenge to the maou, lucifer comments

9/10 .. Perfect episode

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Valvrave 1-4

I want to publicly apologize to duckroll.

This show is so fucking good. I have literally not enjoyed a single show from Sunrise since R2 ended outside of Gintama but that streak of garbage is finally over.

VVV is legitimately good. It really is the closest thing to scratch that Geass itch. The combination of deliciousness that comes from both pizzas and pizzazz. Its a show that yells thats what I do from the bottom of its lungs - it does what it wants, how it wants, when it wants, where it wants and if you don't like it then fuck you! It's something I really respect, I've felt like every single Geass wannabe in the end takes itself way too seriously and thats not the case with VVV at all.

That said its still not recreating the magic of Geass. Unfortunately none of the girls are cute at all outside of Shoko and maybe the hikikomori girl although shes barely had any screen time. Rukino is terrrrrrible.

And even between Haruto and L-Elf they don't have 1% of the moxie and swag that came with Lulu. L-Elf is more Lulu than Haruto who would actually be what Geass would be if Rivalz was the MC. And unfortunately none of the side characters are quite interesting and theres barely anything resembling a named antagonist so far when Geass had multiple ones who were all great.

Still this is a show that is way better than I would have expected, especially reading some impressions from some people in here over the past few months. It's legitimately good which is honestly shocking coming from Sunrise.

BLITZENDEGEN

Tenumi

Banned
The Devil is a Part-Timer!: 08

Future Queen of the Universe right there. Anyway, this episode went about how I expected. I don't trust that Sentucky Fried Chicken guy. He seems shady to me. Also maybe not human.

Well they also gave us DUELING ON ROLLER COASTERS!
See ? the evolution is all wrong !
You know that's gonna lead to DUELING IN CYBER SPACE. Plus I already think they did that in the first Yu Gi Oh.

Wasn't that in the arc with Noah and etc in Yugioh first series, the odd timed arc in the middle of Battle City

Yep already happenned !

A weird arc with new tag rules .... it wasn't that bad in term of duels but was atrocious in term of story.

Theonik

Hataraku Maou-sama 08
TV scene was the best. Also that Chiho. MgR vs KFC will be amazing.

Valvrave 07
The first few minutes were amazing. Also that ending. I miss Boku janai. New ED sorta sucks.

cajunator

Banned
Rose of the Versailles 01
Awesome. Just awesome Dezaki goodness. Music rocks too.

Star Driver 01
Mecha as envisioned by DTL pretty much. Not bad though, the visuals were VERY nice barring some really unfortunate character designs that I found and some blandness here and there. Still will keep up with it.

Durarara 01
This was OK. I like the cat ear motorcycle suit I guess? Not really sure what this show is about just from the first episode.

Kids on the Slope 01
DTL's Jazz. OK first episode, good job at establishing what the show is about and introducing some of the key characters.

Steins;Gate 01
I think my eyeballs are all burnt. Tuturu~

Tiger and Bunny 01
Damn CG mecha and advertising everywhere. Truly a look into the real future.

Steins;Gate is really quite good. Might not seem so at first, but its got the Gonzo effect where it takes a good 10-11 episodes to establish everyone, then the plot comes in with fury. So fucking good.

Theonik

Steins;Gate is really quite good. Might not seem so at first, but its got the Gonzo effect where it takes a good 10-11 episodes to establish everyone, then the plot comes in with fury. So fucking good.
My problems with the shows have little to do with the characters and more to do with the poor visual direction so I don't think it's really something that gets better from what I've seen.

Necrovex

I loved the early parts of Steins;Gate. Just messing around with the science, establishing the characters, and I loved the comedy portions of it.

Nafe

You're arguing with a brick wall. It's not worth it.

I have to deal with someone who is no joke or exaggeration a hypocrite about almost everything to the point of being a real jerk about it. It got tiresome a long long time ago. Just recently they took it to the nth degree which really just ticked me off especially when I called them out on it.

Catching up with the thread and seeing that post, having missed it before, and I got a little annoyed again. I just felt like responding then regardless of whether it would get through or not. To no surprise it didn't.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The last chapter of the Sailor V manga ends with her fighting the Dark Kingdom for the first time. In the battle she awakens to her true memories as one of Usagi's guardians, so she decides to take up her true role and abandon the Sailor V persona.
She wears the Sailor V costume the first time she meets Usagi and company, though. I guess Minako just loves being under the limelight.

Necrovex

Well that was fast. The Time of Eve Kickstarter is already funded. Wonder what the stretch goals will be.

This is the first time I have heard of Time of Eve. The trailer made it look interesting and super pretty. But I don't trust reviews from anime-solely site. So, is it *that* awesome, Anime-Gaf?

Edit: The series is available on Crunchyroll, so I might as well give it a try. Damn it, I'll never finish Utena at this rate. :-(

Edit 2: Oh god, it's SD. Nooooooooooooooo!

fertygo

This is the first time I have heard of Time of Eve. The trailer made it look interesting and super pretty. But I don't trust reviews from anime-solely site. So, is it *that* awesome, Anime-Gaf?

Edit: The series is available on Crunchyroll, so I might as well give it a try. Damn it, I'll never finish Utena at this rate. :-(

Yeap, watch the movie edition if you can.. but its not any different though.

Necrovex

Yeap, watch the movie edition if you can.. but its not any different though.

I shall watch the movie version then...right after I finish the two Berserk films, and One Piece: Episode of Nami. It's a good thing I am done with school, or I wouldn't have the time to watch all of these. Hooray for being a part-timer! :'-(

Edit 2: Oh god, it's SD. Nooooooooooooooo!

Yes it is THAT awesome, it actually got me closer to crying than Wolf Children but that may be because I'm a heartless robot sympathizing with my kind. If you have any passing interest in Asimov style sci-fi then this is a must watch. Even in SD it's really beautifully shot which may sound weird but it really feels like a movie camera is being used throughout.

Necrovex

The Devil is a Part-Timer! 6

The crew better never go to America. If they hit up a beach while there, I fear for their lives.

Chiho continues to be adorable and rad. I need to be like Maou-san while working my part-time job at Publix. It'll make the day go faster.

Legal High 7

Great episode, it was great to have 5 lawyers involved in the case.
Only 4 episodes remaining :(

Saying something is delicious and then making *that* face doesn't convince me of the quality of the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom