• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

Unfortunately, I don't really see any issue[...]

Well, I'm done with that now so I won't bring it up anymore.

I didn't get to see much of last week but I do remember ChrisG sticking with Magneto which eventually led to his downfall. I was so mad that day. :lol

But yeah, I love his matches as his Morridoom combination turns the game into Touhou. :lol

Usually I'm too busy or forget but there's those streams that happen every week. I think it's on Tuesday that there's a stream for New York and ChrisG plays. What I saw he seemed to be using Morridoom but for the finals I believe he was using Magneto again along with someone else and maybe it was just a whole new team. He won anyway,haha.

It seems like some don't like him because he wins all the time. It's like how many people seemed to like players such as Daigo Umehara and then started to not like him due to his winning.

I haven't played Marvel vs Capcom 3 so maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of overpowered or broken characters in that game. Zero looks like a three person team in one with that infinite looping thing he can seem to do. Some seem to think Morrigan going Touhou mode is cheap but someone like Zero doesn't seem any better, haha. When the audience cheered at ChrisG's loss I just thought "so you just want one possibly broken character replaced for another?"

King of Fighters XIII is another one I like to watch. Romance with his King and Yuri. This is another one I'd like to play but haven't. Persona Arena is another I haven't played but have started to watch to see what it's like.

I'd like to see more BlazBlue but I guess many don't like it.

I wonder what 7Th is thinking right now if he's reading.

Oh yeah, I got a bit busy and was keeping up more with recent shows but I'm still slowly watching Heartcatch PreCure!. I just haven't got around to posting any comments yet.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Revolutionary Girl Utena 1

Lines like this will ALWAYS make me think of Air Bud, the fact that she plays baketball afterwards was perfect! I wonder what it is about basketball that makes lesbians in anime play it.
I guess it's just because it's traditionally thought of as a "dude's sport".

I don't know what you use to base your opinion of Utena being a lesbian on, though. At least not yet. I think it's clear even from the get go that she still considers herself a regular girl despite her wardrobe choices.

Uraizen

Banned
I didn't get to see much of last week but I do remember ChrisG sticking with Magneto which eventually led to his downfall. I was so mad that day. :lol

But yeah, I love his matches as his Morridoom combination turns the game into Touhou. :lol

You should... watch the secondary stream, too.

EDIT: Maybe not right now, though.

Mahou shoujo is one hell of a drug.

The only thing that keeps me from trying the genre is the color pallette. It's so... cartoony.

All newcomers to the genre should start off by watching Madoka Magica. It really tones down the "cartoony" aspect of what you see in most Mahou Shoujos.

The Count of Monte Cristo 3

The episode begins with a picnic in what I suppose is France. Whether France is a planet or still on Earth is hard to say, because they referred to the Count's Asian friend as hailing from East Space, and one of Albert's friends mentioned fighting aliens which he wasn't sure were actually sentient.

I'm pretty sure France is still on Earth.

Denial <<< You are here
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

2Ud1A

Utena 2

NK3f3f1.jpg

"We don't have money to maintain our dorms?"
"No, we spent it all making the floating upside down castle and a crazy tall staircase!"

As sad as it is to see that some of the awesomeness last episode was stock footage at least it's got great music behind it and doesn't take place in mysterious sparkly zone. A rematch so soon isn't so compelling but it does characterize Utena as someone too stubborn to lose. Also the student council is shaping up to be one of my favorite ominous group in the shadows, probably because the music and art in their scenes sell it so well.

Just in anime?

It feels weird to acknowledge the stereotype in real life when none of the lesbians I know actually play it.

I guess it's just because it's traditionally thought of as a "dude's sport".

I don't know what you use to base your opinion of Utena being a lesbian on, though. At least not yet. I think it's clear even from the get go that she still considers herself a regular girl despite her wardrobe choices.

Between the OP, her clingy yuri friend, and the nonchalant acceptance of having a bride made it seem like a safe bet. Plus her belief that she's normal and being a lesbian aren't really contradictory. But yes, considering the ED and her idolizing of her childhood prince I did probably jump the gun there.

Heartcatch Precure - 2

Looooooool.

"You can hurt Erika, but when you hurt flowers, you've gone too far!"

SO MANY TOY ADVERTISEMENTS INBOUND.

Fight was decently animated. Let's just hope that Yasuharu Takanashi's music picks up in the awesome department!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Usually I'm too busy or forget but there's those streams that happen every week.

I hear you on that. At the very least I check the FGC thread to see if there's any Road to EVO tourneys for the week. If so I try to set what time I can aside so I can watch it.

I think it's on Tuesday that there's a stream for New York and ChrisG plays. What I saw he seemed to be using Morridoom but for the finals I believe he was using Magneto again along with someone else and maybe it was just a whole new team. He won anyway,haha.

I believe that may have been Big Two. I didn't get to see that but if I can recall correctly ChrisG also used Magneto at ECT which screwed him over.

It seems like some don't like him because he wins all the time. It's like how many people seemed to like players such as Daigo Umehara and then started to not like him due to his winning.

I honestly don't get it. I found the hate early on to be hilarious as they were basically ignoring every other character that also had cheap setups before ChrisG made Morrigan relevant.

I haven't played Marvel vs Capcom 3 so maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of overpowered or broken characters in that game. Zero looks like a three person team in one with that infinite looping thing he can seem to do. Some seem to think Morrigan going Touhou mode is cheap but someone like Zero doesn't seem any better, haha. When the audience cheered at ChrisG's loss I just thought "so you just want one possibly broken character replaced for another?"

That's the joy (punchline) of Marvel, broken characters in this game are a good thing. It's pretty entertaining to watch players take in what they've learned from a tournament, head back home and develop a counter to it to handle the situation better the next time they have to deal with it.

But yeah, that's one of the things I was referring to earlier: people hating on Touhou Morrigan while completely ignoring Zero's lightning loops.

King of Fighters XIII is another one I like to watch. Romance with his King and Yuri. This is another one I'd like to play but haven't. Persona Arena is another I haven't played but have started to watch to see what it's like.

Yeah I didn't really get into the KOFXIII streams until last EVO. Both the matches and the crowd were so energetic that you couldn't help but be swept into the hype. So glad King is a decent character too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Utena 2

As sad as it is to see that some of the awesomeness last episode was stock footage at least it's got great music behind it and doesn't take place in mysterious sparkly zone.
You won't see the stock footage change until episode twenty something. I hope you liked your stairs!

Heartcatch Precure - 2

Looooooool.

"You can hurt Erika, but when you hurt flowers, you've gone too far!"

SO MANY TOY ADVERTISEMENTS INBOUND.

Fight was decently animated. Let's just hope that Yasuharu Takanashi's music picks up in the awesome department!

It does pick up believe me. There's a lot of merchandising in this one, including Insert musics. Doesn't really detract from it though.

naa you're fine, you love Yayoi so everything is fine.

yaaaaaay

Y5YGjgi.jpg

Idontbelieveyou

Photo Kano 8

And here comes my problem with limiting the girls. Not once throughout the entire episode, did I honestly believe that Maeda and Aki fell in love with each other. Maeda's moment when he believed he loved her after realizing he couldn't blackmail her anymore, just made me shake my head in disbelief. Aki herself wasn't that convincing as well, which is a shame since she had an interesting background with how she was feeling stressed out about her responsibilities between school and expectations about taking over her father. Both of which (alongside love) could have been developed and resolved much better if given more time.

Still, I am at least looking forward to the next episode, when softball girl gets her moment.

SDBurton

As of this post? Darkstalkers. Injustice is on the first and I like that game, too! Decisions, decisions...

Yeah watching the Injustice Auction tournament right now.

$60 on Catwoman? FGC deserves its poverty. :lol

Edit: Had no clue they added Batgirl already. Damn that was some quick DLC.

Syrinx

So how does the premise of Photo Kano work? Guy has a camera so a bunch of girls let him take lewd pictures of them? Sounds stupid.

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah watching the Injustice Auction tournament right now.

$60 on Catwoman? FGC deserves its poverty. :lol

Edit: Had no clue they added Batgirl already. Damn that was some quick DLC.

Catwoman is pretty legit, imo. Yeah, they've been pushing out the DLC pretty quickly. Shame this game has crap netcode, it's really fun. =\

EDIT: ... That ... wow, no, awful.

Dance Dance Revolutionary Girl Utena 3

GXFy2n5.jpg

Wow, I really DID jump the gun here. SDBurton should still watch this though.

Himemiya should totally have worn that kickass red dress instead and who wears a uniform under a gown? Should've been table sheet clothes for everyone followed by toga party. Preview mentions a prelude? Oooh arc time!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Honestly, the most deplorable part of DTL's posting habits is that a poster as friendly and congenial as Nafe is reading somebody the riot act.

SDBurton

Catwoman is pretty legit, imo. Yeah, they've been pushing out the DLC pretty quickly. Shame this game has crap netcode, it's really fun. =\

Yeah haha. Do you know if they'll be adding more DLC characters in the future? Don't know why I'm asking though since Barbara's addition to the game screws any hope of me seeing Batwoman (Kate Kane) making it in. :lol

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah haha. Do you know if they'll be adding more DLC characters in the future. Don't know why I'm asking though since Barbara's addition to the game screws any hope of me seeing Batwoman (Kate Kane) making it in. :lol

Yeah, there's two more DLC characters coming out for the season pass with a rumored second season pass. If I recall correctly, the initial leak had lobo, batgirl, zod, and scorpion. So far its been true, so I don't see why the last two wouldn't be.

Infinite Ryvius 25

The confrontation was really tense and a good way to bring things to a climax, but I can't help but be amused at
Ikumi's backstory being incest
. Certainly did bring home how much the experience they've gone through has changed everyone on the ship.

Branduil

Infinite Ryvius 25

The confrontation was really tense and a good way to bring things to a climax, but I can't help but be amused at
Ikumi's backstory being incest
. Certainly did bring home how much the experience they've gone through has changed everyone on the ship.

That was the definition of a shocking twist, but it does explain a lot in retrospect.

So how does the premise of Photo Kano work? Guy has a camera so a bunch of girls let him take lewd pictures of them? Sounds stupid.

That's pretty close to an accurate description.

Though, it really isn't that bad compared to other harem shows since all the girls have their own personalities and the guy isn't a insecure male lead (barring Ep 5) or a complete idiot like some others.

Hidamari Sketch 7

The charm is starting to wear off. I appreciate the show for bringing me up a bit, but now it's just repetitive.

Guess I'll try Aria next.

Utena 4

Damn this school is abusive, can Himemiya go a single episode without getting slapped? Nanami went from ruthless mean girl to desperate butt of a recycled gag this episode, it sounds harsh but it I found it to be an amusing direction for the character. I really shouldn't have started a 2 part episode tonight though, really gotta stop here since I'm on call for work tomorrow. Can't wait for more though when I get the chance.

Nafe

I hear you on that. At the very least I check the FGC thread to see if there's any Road to EVO tourneys for the week. If so I try to set what time I can aside so I can watch it.

I just started with EVO 2010 myself. Although I think I became aware of it like a lot of people due to that famous Justin Wong vs Daigo match in 2004. With all the excitement around it I thought it was the final but it was actually the semi-final match and Daigo lost to KO I think was his name. Just last year I found out about the whole Road to EVO thing around now.

That's the joy (punchline) of Marvel, broken characters in this game are a good thing. It's pretty entertaining to watch players take in what they've learned from a tournament, head back home and develop a counter to it to handle the situation better the next time they have to deal with it.

But yeah, that's one of the things I was referring to earlier: people hating on Touhou Morrigan while completely ignoring Zero's lightning loops.

Ah, okay. One of the commentators, maybe Yipes?, said something like in the end he can't hate Morrigan because she's still a good character plus she's really good looking, haha.

Yeah I didn't really get into the KOFXIII streams until last EVO. Both the matches and the crowd were so energetic that you couldn't help but be swept into the hype. So glad King is a decent character too.

Regardless of how some might feel about competitive fighting gaming and the players, the way the matches go back and forth and often times right down to the wire really make them pretty entertaining to watch I think.

As of this post? Darkstalkers. Injustice is on the first and I like that game, too! Decisions, decisions...

I don't know who most of the characters in Injustice are but it's probably the one game in existence where Aquaman seems cool, so at least it's got that going for it.

He's friendly, congenial, and a bit scary with all his secret files on posters and the history of AnimeGaf.

It's all part of my master conspiracy dealing with Birthday Dates. ;p

AnimeGAF's very own yandere.

cajunator

Banned
Kiddy Grade 13

Uh, so, is it just me, or are those GOTT guards wielding giant screw-drivers? This was a heart-warmin' episode and all, but I mean, this show does not cease with the WUUUUT moments.

The sooner they start dropping like flies the better. Please let Q-Vier be the first. I'll take my chances with Yzak before I have to sit through MORE of Desil.

Kiddy Grade delivers high class entertainment.

Cure Community.

neogaf_pretty_cure__community_by_studiozel-d66g9gl.jpg

Best Cure.

Nafe

On that note I'm about to relieve a spider of its need to worry about tomorrow.

EDIT: Shoe beats Spider. Rest in pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom