• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I wish i could find a job.

Fucking economy!

Other than that it could be worse i guess.

I'm not trying to be mean or condescending so please don't take it the wrong way. When people say they can't find a job do they literally mean they can't find a job or they can't find a job that's worth their time or a job they don't want. It might be due to locations but I can find lots of jobs where I live. Definitely not ideal since it's retail or some fast food or a movie theater but I never quite understood "can't find a job." Well... that's not what you said but the question still stands. I'm a tad curious. It might be my naitvety kicking in here.

Mr.Jeff

Are you people happy with where you are right now in life? And if not, are you working to improve it?
I wouldn't say I'm particularly happy but I'm not miserable. Wouldn't mind some focus in my life rather than constantly living in a state of apathy though.

Oh well!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Also I spent most of my Sunday trying to 1-cc Sin and Punishment 2's story mode only to die at the penultimate boss. I can't possibly feel anything but seething hatred at the world.

Narag

I'm not trying to be mean or condescending so please don't take it the wrong way. When people say they can't find a job do they literally mean they can't find a job or they can't find a job that's worth their time or a job they don't want. It might be due to locations but I can find lots of jobs where I live. Definitely not ideal since it's retail or some fast food or a movie theater but I never quite understood "can't find a job." Well... that's not what you said but the question still stands. I'm a tad curious. It might be my naitvety kicking in here.

No, that's actually a fair question. Sometimes one can be overqualified for more menial stuff and not get a less desirable job because of that. In general though, I think people mean in regard to their field.

My life is content with simply earning enough money for school and being able to drink a can of soda once per day.

I know its not going to last, but I'm enjoying the moment.

kayos90

No, that's actually a fair question. Sometimes one can be overqualified for more menial stuff and not get a less desirable job because of that. In general though, I think people mean in regard to their field.

Oh man. That sucks. ugh. I'd hate for that to happen to anyone. Can't you sort of undersell yourself though?

Are you people happy with where you are right now in life? And if not, are you working to improve it?

Somewhat. I'm not depressed, but I'm not super satisfied. Still coming to terms with the fact my dream is incredibly unlikely and I may have wasted my time in college. I also feel like my social life is pretty awful. After doing a lot to appease my social anxiety, I think I'm starting to realize I find just talking to people incredibly boring, which is arguably worse than having social anxiety. I also absolutely hate my job and right now, would be pretty damn sad if that's what I had to do for the rest of my life. That's just a spoiled child's way of thinking though, which I unfortunately am one.

On the other hand, I do have a business to inherit, I'm buying a nice house and planning on living there with a few friends where I'll charge them rent, I've lost a TON of weight, and I just found a 5 dollar bill in the jacket I haven't worn in a year. I'm thinking my life will improve naturally, but I'm of course expecting some conflict. Of course, anything is better than what I had to deal with after putting my dog down a few days ago.

I guess what I'm mostly unsatisfied about is relationship stuff and whether I want one or not or I just want one because everyone else wants me to have one. Ah well, I guess I can go on OX Cupid after I get over my fear of oxen.

kayos90

My life is content with simply earning enough money for school and being able to drink a can of soda once per day.

I know its not going to last, but I'm enjoying the moment.

I went to the outlet yesterday to buy clothes for my job and a bottle of 20 oz coke was 2 bucks. -_-'''

My penis however isn't content with life but I don't really care what he thinks cos he's a dick.

ibklqyHuqf14vB.gif

kayos90

Somewhat. I'm not depressed, but I'm not super satisfied. Still coming to terms with the fact my dream is incredibly unlikely and I may have wasted my time in college. I also feel like my social life is pretty awful. After doing a lot to appease my social anxiety, I think I'm starting to realize I find just talking to people incredibly boring, which is arguably worse than having social anxiety.

On the other hand, I do have a business to inherit, I'm buying a nice house and planning on living there with a few friends where I'll charge them rent, I've lost a TON of weight, and I just found a 5 dollar bill in the jacket I haven't worn in a year. I'm thinking my life will improve naturally, but I'm of course expecting some conflict. Of course, anything is better than what I had to deal with after putting my dog down a few days ago.

I guess what I'm mostly unsatisfied about is relationship stuff and whether I want one or not or I just want one because everyone else wants me to have one. Ah well, I guess I can go on OX Cupid after I get over my fear of oxen.

oooooo. what kind of business? Sorry about your dog, though I told you this already.

Graduating next spring and right now I'm very anxious about not finding a job when I'm done with school.

I know it's not saying much coming from me, since i'm not very... knowledgeable about the world, but I highly advise meeting up with a career counselor and talking with them whenever you can. they're really really helpful.

wonzo

Banned
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/120952429.html

Thoraxes

I know that feel. Just keep looking though, i'm sure you'll find something.

kayos90

Tile business. It's boring as hell, but it's something and would keep me set for life provided I don't fuck it up (which is definitely a possibility). And thanks again.

Tile business? Like... Tiles on walls and floors? That's sort of cool actually. My parents have a fascination for tiles and wood. Strange I know. Do you have any pics of cool tiles and stuff?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So after that wonderfully melancholic break lets get back to fun stuff cos anime is FUN!

Remember the Delay Lama vids from years back? If you don't know worries, just listen to THIS!

Spice and Wolf II 09

I like the new character introduced in this epiosde. Of course, I guess we can't have all happy fun times and we need our conflict.

kayos90

Bottles are horrible to me because I'll just chug the thing down and realize I'm already have way done.

With the cans, at least I can limit myself.

Wait. What? For me it's backwards. Can you explain your thought process on that? I'm tempted to finish the can since I can't cap it.

kayos90

That's how I am with cans so I don't buy them. Just get a bottle and nurse it for a while. :lol

Same. Soda is so expensive in general. For the same price or cheaper I can go to HEB or Walmart and get a generic brand. the fizz is gone real quick though. =/

I drink sodas myself. I don't go out of my way to grab em though unless it's being offered to me. Would rather have some iced tea or even some fruit juices.

Maybe that's why I can deal with wine and liquor easily.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
After spending most of my life playing video games, watching anime and hanging out on internet forums. My life has been pretty awesome in the past 2 or 3 months, and I feel it's building up to a all-time high.

Wait. What? For me it's backwards. Can you explain your thought process on that? I'm tempted to finish the can since I can't cap it.

I've acknowledge a long time ago that I drink way to much for my own good.

During Highschool, I'd go through around 4-5 liters by myself which absolutely does nothing good for my health

So once I got into college, I decided to be more of a "can" man and try to limit myself to one per day (because that's all I can manage for now), so maybe I can live longer than what I presume will be.

BTW the price of can's are a non issue for me since my friend is able to procure around 24 for cheap

The Black Rose arc was disappointingly bereft of slaps. I hope this turns around.

Its awesome in other way.

Doesn't sound disappointing at all. Diminishing returns on all this slapping, 5 times in 7 episodes to the same character just ain't that fun. Slaps are best when they knock someone off their high horse so when it's done to the most submissive character ever then it's just not the same. Good to hear that I have plenty to look forward to though.

Also, my favorite ice cream flavor is pistachio almond.

You're nuts!
I will NEVER be sorry for shitty puns.

I'm happy but I could be happier. It's been my mindset for most of my life and it's worked out pretty well so far.

Thanks! You know, one of my biggest desires was to be the jack of all trades of sorts.

Knowing just a little bit about everything? Yeah sounds about right :p

kayos90

I've acknowledge a long time ago that I drink way to much for my own good.

During Highschool, I'd go through around 4-5 liters by myself which absolutely does nothing good for my health

So once I got into college, I decided to be more of a "can" man and try to limit myself to one per day (because that's all I can manage for now), so maybe I can live longer than what I presume will be.

BTW the price of can's are a non issue for me since my friend is able to procure around 24 for cheap

I went down to 6th street for the first time this month (last year and last month of college). I had like... 4 shots and I was still good, surprising for me at least. Then I went and played beer pong two days later and won. LOL. Lite beer sucks. I had like 6-7 shots and I was still fine. Sort of. I wasn't puking but I hadn't eaten anything that day and didn't drink much water so it wasn't good. My friend ended up nursing me with mickey d's. I now know some of the rules regarding alcohol. Some.

Syrinx

Bakemonogatari 4

Kawahara is going to do some research into yaoi. I'm interested to hear her findings.

I really dig the music in this show. And I got a kick out of the images that were appearing on Koyomi's phone while he was talking to that guy.

kayos90

I wish I could've stayed in the dorms my last year. Staying in the dorms was a very funny and enlightening experience. Like the one time my toilet exploded.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Somewhat. I'm not depressed, but I'm not super satisfied. Still coming to terms with the fact my dream is incredibly unlikely and I may have wasted my time in college. I also feel like my social life is pretty awful. After doing a lot to appease my social anxiety, I think I'm starting to realize I find just talking to people incredibly boring, which is arguably worse than having social anxiety. I also absolutely hate my job and right now, would be pretty damn sad if that's what I had to do for the rest of my life. That's just a spoiled child's way of thinking though, which I unfortunately am one.
Sounds like you need to talk to more interesting people. That's kind of what it feels like when you talk to someone you have no real connection towards.;p but at the same time there's always more to people than what appears on the surface via small talk.

I went down to 6th street for the first time this month (last year and last month of college). I had like... 4 shots and I was still good, surprising for me at least. Then I went and played beer pong two days later and won. LOL. Lite beer sucks. I had like 6-7 shots and I was still fine. Sort of. I wasn't puking but I hadn't eaten anything that day and didn't drink much water so it wasn't good. My friend ended up nursing me with mickey d's. I now know some of the rules regarding alcohol. Some.

You have a good friend.

Mature

The jazz performances are consistently excellent, and the show as a whole is good through episode 7, which ends on a gloriously high note. The remaining episodes ram through unbelievable melodrama, becoming more about angsty twists than character development, which dampens the overall experience. Watanabe's decision to cram the entire manga into 12 episodes was not the best, at least the way he handled it. He doesn't appear to have a natural talent for adaptations. Still, I'd say the show is worth watching for its highs.
That Bahi animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom