• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It's such a good arc. One of the ones which I had looked forward to getting to as I went through the series. I really like how much variety there is in this arc compared to normal Conan stories.

Yeah, this particular arc has, in my opinion, the perfect blend of mysteries, high stakes, and the personal drama of the characters. It's so goddamn fucking perfect! XD

Necrovex

Revolutionary Girl Utena 2

Utena1_zps5409ff13.png

What's wrong with your face, Utena? You better go see a doctor. People without noses tend to die at an early age.

Utena2_zps26aa3bc6.png

Sorry Utena, you need to go to a better school.

Utena3_zps95a9bfb2.png

Only anime can make a mouse-monkey into something cute.

Another great episode. I am really liking Utena's character. Her dominant personality is always welcoming. She also realizes Chu-Chu is one of the best characters around.

As I watched more and more of this show, I start to question about the quality of this school. First, this school is cool with the student council having a slave (whose skin color is also very dark). Second, the council is the all-mighty power at this school? They get *rid* of people who are disobedient with them!? What the hell is the staff doing? Dwindling their thumbs? Maybe the Principal is buddy-buddy with Zelos (the President). Third, that abandoned dorm looked awesome, why is the school not cleaning it up? What the hell is up with this middle school?!

UwNIIKU.jpg
koM4cV0.jpg
Jsd3SQ6.jpg

This is, by far, the best episode yet.

Date a Live 9

I am so glad that they did Kurumi's arc justice. While the show predictably had to skip over some of the stuff (the battle ended a little too quickly), this was the moment I was waiting to see ever since the LN was announced it was going to be adapted to an anime and the episode fucking delivered.

Soundtrack continues to be the second best part about the anime after the girls. Kurumi's theme was wonderful and set the mood perfectly.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor 2

Tylor may become one of my favorite protagonists, and the hostage scenario of this episode showed off all his strengths. He's so clueless and does some really stupid things, yet he's a master of flattery and psychological manipulation and somehow flies through crazy situations unscathed. How does he do it? Is he just a lucky idiot or an obfuscating genius?
The latter.
Not to mention he's plain fun to watch, with how unpredictable his actions and reactions are. It's as if he's from another planet and has no conception of how humans are supposed to act.

I'm with this guy:

v5RqX6r.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Date a Live 9

I am so glad that they did Kurumi's arc justice. While the show predictably had to skip over some of the stuff (the battle ended a little too quickly), this was the moment I was waiting to see ever since the LN was announced it was going to be adapted to an anime and the episode fucking delivered.

Soundtrack continues to be the second best part about the anime after the girls. Kurumi's theme was wonderful and set the mood perfectly.

She looks positively incredible. What episode did this yandere goddess first appear in?
I guess I have to start watching it now.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor 2

Tylor may become one of my favorite protagonists, and the hostage scenario of this episode showed off all his strengths. He's so clueless and does some really stupid things, yet he's a master of flattery and psychological manipulation and somehow flies through crazy situations unscathed. How does he do it? Is he just a lucky idiot or an obfuscating genius?
The latter.
Not to mention he's plain fun to watch, with how unpredictable his actions and reactions are. It's as if he's from another planet and has no conception of how humans are supposed to act.

I'm with this guy:

v5RqX6r.jpg

One of the most hilarious shows ever.
What a treat.

Arakawa Under the Bridge 3

Aaahhh, why isn't Maria talking? She finally made an appearance, but she didn't say anything.

You'll hear sadistic Miyuki Sawashiro soon enough.

She looks positively incredible. What episode did this yandere goddess first appear in?
I guess I have to start watching it now.

Episode 7, if it's any consolation it was pretty entertaining even before Kurumi.

cajunator

Banned
You'll hear sadistic Miyuki Sawashiro soon enough.

Episode 7, if it's any consolation it was pretty entertaining even before Kurumi.

I love yoshino's design too.
Even ordered a figure of her. Because bunny ears blue hair hnngh.
Which one is Origami? she was supposedly best girl before Kurumi came and knocked her the fuck down.

Is there still going to be a second season or is this replacing that project? Either way, I'm glad to see that the series is getting the full GoHands theatrical treatment that it deserves.

Apparently, there was never a season two announcement, just that a sequel was announced and everyone just assumed SEASON TWO!

Uh... no. I didn't know. Mb. It's what I heard from people in this thread before. That's how it was in the game iirc.
Considered cannon since the game plot was xwritten by the Ln writter.
And the fact that all the info in the games was confirmed by ln facts.
(The reverse is also true so far)

JordanN

Banned
Photokano 2 - Dropped

I can't do it anymore. The show is just boring to watch. A shame since I enjoyed Madhouse previous works. I'm also not feeling comfortable with extreme voyeurism (the little sister, eww).

I'm going to replace it with Binbougami-Ga instead.

Thoraxes

Garganta - 08

Meh. It nailed the atmosphere, but I didn't care about any of the content in it outside of
Ridget becoming the new captain and Amy getting closer to her feelings/etc.
It was kinda meh, but I think that's because
I really didn't give a shit about the captain in the first place. The funeral ceremony was neat though.

I think next week will be a return to some goodness.

cajunator

Banned
It's a shame Origami doesn't get that much good fan art, since she's my favorite. Yoshino and Kurumi, on the other hand, have a couple of nice ones. Tohka probably has some too, but I haven't looked.

The yoshino figure I think is based on the artwork in your avatar.

Branduil

What i am saying is that i find weird that people watch a show clearly about incest pandering otaku waifu-wish fulfillment only to later lament the fact that the show panders to incest fans.

Seriously, what did people expect when they started an anime called "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" about a little sister who plays eroge about little sisters?

You might even go so far as to say people still watching that show deserve what they get.

BluWacky

Speaking of incest, are there are sibling relationships in an Ikuhara show that don't involved unrequited incestual love of some sort?

Well, given that there are technically only two shows that Ikuni created, that doesn't really give us much room for movement. But anyway:

Ringo and Momoka
Natsume and Mario
Usagi and Shingo (not his creation but the point still stands)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This has to be the worst aspect to Chihayafuru's lazy recycling of footage. This is meant to be Chihaya's flashback to the tournament. How is she meant to know what someone else's internal monologue?

r8VEMOz.jpg

Shoddy.

OceanBlue

The yoshino figure I think is based on the artwork in your avatar.

I don't know which figure you're talking about, but it's probably true. That's Tsunako's artwork, after all.

This avatar is one of the nice pieces of fanart I was talking about. I probably won't keep it for long though, since there's one aspect of the composition that slightly bothers me and Yoshino isn't my favorite character in DAL. :p

Date a Live 9

Woah that girl looks crazy and not in the good way.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Penguindrum] SPOILERS
Well, given that there are technically only two shows that Ikuni created, that doesn't really give us much room for movement. But anyway:

Ringo and Momoka
Natsume and Mario
Oh, we are using the "not blood-related" excuse for Kanba and Himari? :p

EDIT: Oh never mind, I misread the original post. I thought he was asking if the show was free of incest.

Syrinx

Bakemonogatari 3

Episode was largely dominated by a very entertaining conversation between Koyomi and Hitagi. Glad to see she's still got that sarcasm working even though she considers him a friend now. She sure likes to tease him for being a virgin, doesn't she? Among other things as well.

Then Koyomi beats up a grade school girl. What a dipshit.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DokiDoki! Precure - 17

tO79nsX.png
BjzXe00.png

:sdburton

Glad to know I was justified in
hating that blonde guy from the start. Come to find out he's the prince of a different kingdom and is the fiance of MakoPi's love. And here I was thinking we were going to get away without males trying to screw with my pairings. Here's hoping MakoPi takes a colder approach towards him and insist that she alone can save the princess, not him. Looks like I'll be shipping Rikka with MakoPi from here on out, behind Mana x Regina.

Speaking of Regina, dat royal crystal heel turn. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom