• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could've stayed in the dorms my last year. Staying in the dorms was a very funny and enlightening experience. Like the one time my toilet exploded.

Damn kayos, I've only ever had my bathroom faucet erupt dirty water everywhere after accidentally pulling the hot water cap off.

A toilet malfunction would be the stuff of nightmares for me.

Spice and Wolf II 10

Another risky plot oh boy! It is telling how almost all of Lawrence's attempts at making money always backfire in some way.

Narag

Sengoku Basara 7

s7NLXOgl.jpg

Sasuke is some great comic relief.

jSUwutLl.png

Multi-tone shading? Guilty pleasure total.

Can't get over how manly Takeda Shingen is in this. Never thought he'd be the one to shame everyone else in this regard. And I mean everyone else combined.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gargantia 8 manages to show restraint by giving a key piece of lore in the teaser before the opening and then just letting the immediate aftermath of the last episode play out without any distraction. I'm impressed - the only reason why I might be frustrated is academic, in that I just want to know what happens because I am hoping that they don't ruin the show with a Lindelof-ey twist, but assuming that the show doesn't end up trapped on a metaphorical island with polar bears and smoke monsters, this constantly slow playing of the meta-narrative to emphasize the world building and the lives of the characters is so amazing.

I think like SNAFU, I'm riding on the promise that the writers aren't going to fuck this whole thing up - especially since it's so easy to ruin the premise of both shows with asinine writing.

Aku no Hana 8 also played the slow burn and I think is arguably better than episode 7, which was already amazing.
Five minutes of letting you stew in Kasuga and Nakamura's post... well, post-"coital" "bliss"
is such an amazing choice that no one else really makes in anime these days. When you think about what actually happens in this episode, in terms of the actual plot, it's amazing that it happened in the context of a 20 minute anime and just goes to show how much of a director's hand is at work here. Just marvelous.

Also, Arrested Development has moe Michael-san who is still moe after all these years. Scott Pilgrim is also still moe, even if he is still Scott Pilgrim.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Damn kayos, I've only ever had my bathroom faucet erupt dirty water everywhere after accidentally pulling the hot water cap off.

A toilet malfunction would be the stuff of nightmares for me.

Actually there was a tree root outside the dorm messing with the pipes and stuff so my toilet, sink and bathtub was exploding *ahem* shit water everywhere. It flooded out of my private bathroom. I actually didn't notice it was doing that because I had my headphones on and playing LoL. I normally have my feet on a foot rest attached to the desk but i was losing and i was gonna walk away from my comp when I felt a splash on my feet. The bathroom was already flooded and it was flooding into the main room. LOL. I was homeless so my best friend offered me his place. he drove all the way over, picked me up, bought me food, and i ended up staying the night. lol.

Jintor

Leaving this thread and not giving a damn about certain people in it has made me a more selfish and worldly person as a result of it. Best thing to happen. Now that I'm back I can better dictate myself in this thread. Why bother wasting time for some scumbags? lol.

I KNEW you left! You butt. Made me look stupid in the ToonamiGAF thread.

Are you people happy with where you are right now in life? And if not, are you working to improve it?

I didn't do as well as I wanted to in m first year of college, which ended with me losing a scholarship and changing my major. I also didn't enjoy the social aspect at all since I don't really enjoy the company of most people I encountered there. I'm fine now though, and just want to spend the next three months watching my girl cartoons and playing games since I didn't get to do much of the latter in school.

Here's Yuno so this post doesn't seem so depressing!

mlQVitz.gif

Syrinx

I didn't do as well as I wanted to in m first year of college, which ended with me losing a scholarship and changing my major. I also didn't enjoy the social aspect at all since I don't really enjoy the company of most people I encountered there. I'm fine now though, and just want to spend the next three months watching my girl cartoons and playing games since I didn't get to do much of the latter in school.

This is kinda how I feel right now. Though I would like to come up with something productive to do with my time this summer and would like to have more of a social life, particularly at school.

CorvoSol

I told you the writers knew they wrote themselves into a hole! Episode 13 is like episode 22 of S1. It's what happens when you write yourself into a hole, then say: "To hell with this shit!" and blast off out of the hole with a jetpack.

And you know what the best part is? You still have episodes 14-25 to go!

This is the tipping point. Every episode from here on out will fill you with conflicting emotions of fear, confusion, and madness.

Have fun!

At least S1's episode 22 had an impact. Everything that happened in S2's episode 13 is bullshit that should've happened in S1. Almost every aspect of that episode ought to have happened in S1. All it does is make me ask "Why? Why did Shirley hang around even this long?" because she contributed nothing to the plot at all.

Also RahXephon OP > Eva OP.

This is a lie if I ever saw one. Nothing about Rah Xephon is better than anything about Evangelion.

Narag

Sengoku Basara 8

So much awesome in that rescue I forgot to take any screenshots. I went back and got one though so here's Oda Nobunaga sitting on his skull throne drinking sake from a skull:

Now imagine him with Norio Wakamoto as his VA and you suddenly understand why there's so much right in this image.

Utena 8

Freaking elephants man. How did I keep hearing so much hype for this show and not a single person mentions how hilarious it can be? A little disappointed that the VAs didn't get to play eachother's character but otherwise this was pretty great for being yet another freaky friday plot.

Spice and Wolf II 11

The back and forth between Lawrence and Holo was still fun to watch. Kinda interested in how this new money making scheme will pan out now.

Sengoku Basara 8

So much awesome in that rescue I forgot to take any screenshots. I went back and got one though so here's Oda Nobunaga sitting on his skull throne drinking sake from a skull:

Now imagine him with Norio Wakamoto as his VA and you suddenly understand why there's so much right in this image.

That was his JPN voice?

Syrinx

Utena 8

Freaking elephants man. How did I keep hearing so much hype for this show and not a single person mentions how hilarious it can be? A little disappointed that the VAs didn't get to play eachother's character but otherwise this was pretty great for being yet another freaky friday plot.

This episode was so great. Every time I thought the elephants couldn't do anything crazier, there they were skydiving.and surfing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Utena 8

Oh, I forgot this was your first outing to Ikuhara anime. It comes with the man. His zany style of comedy simply works.
This episode was so great. Every time I thought the elephants couldn't do anything crazier, there they were skydiving.and surfing.
Did you already rewatch this episode? It's the first thing you should do after finishing the show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
almost had a heart attack at that bottom one but then I realized that S1 and S2 got lumped together. Still too high.

q1PBH5b.jpg

Twintails!

Oregairu 6

What a pleasent episode.

Yuki and Hikki's little "date" was sweet. Yuki looks cute with twintails and it was nice to see her cutting back some of her insults to him.

Feel bad for Yui. She's a nice girl and all, but she really doesn't have a chance to being with Hikki.

cajunator

Banned
I wish i could find a job.

Fucking economy!

Other than that it could be worse i guess.

Meanwhile over here we cant hire enough drivers. There are job openings all over but not everyone wants to move to Louisiana.
Many Louisiana cities are growing quickly and hiring.

cajunator

Banned
Also if it makes anyone feel better I was a straight up failure in college.
I simply got lucky and found a job Im good at and enjoy that didnt require a degree.
it just requires competence lol.

JCG

Everything that happened in S2's episode 13 is bullshit that should've happened in S1. Almost every aspect of that episode ought to have happened in S1. All it does is make me ask "Why? Why did Shirley hang around even this long?" because she contributed nothing to the plot at all.

Because of the unplanned semi-reset the story went through between seasons, due to purely external broadcasting/business concerns.

They had her hang around longer for the sake of people who never watched the show, instead of resolving things earlier (but maybe not differently).

Still a bad idea, but that's the simplest explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom