• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Like with the first volume, the final BD volume of Sword Art Online now lists that it will include a new short story from Kawahara, titled "The Day After".

Because that's something that I'm sure you were all desperate to learn about.

I couldn't find a screenshot so I'll just do fujoshigirlspeech.jpg.

Me and the girl agree on the best ship.
tumblr_mn9ztdc24Y1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mn9ztdc24Y1qbxqfpo2_500.png

K-On 9

Azusa has Mio's attitude about things, but she's easily corruptible by sweets and hugging. My doujins makes sense now!

But seriously, they certainly didn't leave a good atmosphere for the group and nearly had Azusa quit due to the lack of motivation, but that's how they roll man.

It explains why Azusa is rather pet-ish in said materials.

Like with the first volume, the final BD volume of Sword Art Online now lists that it will include a new short story from Kawahara, titled "The Day After".

Because that's something that I'm sure you were all desperate to learn about.

There are already 3 epilogues for that arc and several stories to explain the stuff in between.

I'm not even sure what there is to say about this part,now.

Don't get me wrong . i like SAo but i feel like it's unneeded

Syrinx

[Utena] ENDGAME SPOILERS

Think about Anthy's motivations and modus operandi while watching.

Should have watched soon after. Wasn't in Utena mode.

What I think you might be trying to say is that perhaps
Anthy knew what her concoction was and what it would do, and that she thought that by switching bodies with Utena, she could maybe escape her curse of being the Rose Bride?

I may have just sounded stupid, I dunno.

CorvoSol

Slayers 23

So the battle against Clone Rezo rages, and it turns out that Eris did all of this to get vengeance for Rezo, because she was apparently a disciple of his and was considerably pissed to discover that he was dead. The odd thing here is that Eris' account of Rezo is the one the public knows: he was a good man, a kind priest. As opposed to Zelgadis' account, which is of a madman who willingly turned his own descendant into a monster. Eris' tale doesn't add up, though, since Zel implied she may have aided Rezo in turning him into a monster. So I'm sort of confused here.

Did Eris help Rezo turn Zel into a monster? If so, does that mean the flashback we saw where Zel transformed was somewhat metaphorical? Did Rezo still go around being the good priest after turning his grandson into a monster?

Whatever the case, the idea is to summon that legendary demon beast Zanifar (or Jennifer, if you prefer) we keep hearing about. Because Slayers, like any good RPG, knows that ALL legends are TRUE. Also Clone Rezo may be a little too perfect.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Utena] ENDGAME SPOILERS

Anthy knew what her concoction was and what it would do, and that she thought that by switching bodies with Utena, she could maybe escape her curse of being the Rose Bride?

I don't think Anthy is that eager to escape the Rose Bride fabrication at that point in the story, but what I was pointing at is that she is a more vengeful individual than she lets on. She's taking a piss not only on Nanami by forcing her to go on a guilt trip for the SUPER SPICY CURRY, but knows that Utena is in a better position to strike back at Saionji. Part of being the Rose Bride is that Anthy cannot let her feelings out sincerely; using Utena as her device for revenge is one of those rare instances where we do see her succumbing to her desires.
NTR isn't a genre but ok.
You know what I meant.

Narag

To me, Anthy's casual dismissal about the diary felt rather manipulative the second time around.

Utena 10

IbNzF9d.jpg

what is with this show and kissing eyes?

Man the Kiryuu family is cold as ice.
Burning diaries and KILLING KITTENS?! Touga is freaking ruthless and I don't know how I'll feel about Nanami's antics from now on.
XMAaj2O.jpg
v1YBX0u.jpg

I guess cat girl Utena instantly became a thing after this scene. I figured someone here would like these caps.

Syrinx

[Utena] ENDGAME SPOILERS

I don't think Anthy is that eager to escape the Rose Bride fabrication at that point in the story, but what I was pointing at is that she is a more vengeful individual than she lets on. She's taking a piss not only on Nanami by forcing her to go on a guilt trip for the SUPER SPICY CURRY, but knows that Utena is in a better position to strike back at Saionji. Part of being the Rose Bride is that Anthy cannot let her feelings out sincerely; using Utena as her device for revenge is one of those rare instances where we do see her succumbing to her desires.
Oh I guess that makes sense.
One thing I was considering asking was if she gave the concoction to Saoinji knowing that Chu-Chu would do that, but I just chalked that up to Chu-Chu being Chu-Chu. Not that this is necessarily related to what you just said.

God, I shouldn't be talking about Utena on a phone. This shit sucks. How do these kids do it? I want my laptop back!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Utena] BLAHBLAHBLAH
Oh I guess that makes sense.
One thing I was considering asking was if she gave the concoction to Saoinji knowing that Chu-Chu would do that, but I just chalked that up to Chu-Chu being Chu-Chu. Not that this is necessarily related to what you just said.

God, I shouldn't be talking about Utena on a phone. This shit sucks. How do these kids do it? I want my laptop back!
Chu Chu is most certainly Anthy's messenger/envoy. Nanami's Egg hints at Chu Chu being the one who put the egg on Nanami's bed, for instance. Interpretations vary, but Anthy's passive aggressive jabs at Nanami give me no doubt that she's purposefully fucking up with Nanami for fun.

Also, and this is just a personal interpretation of mine, I always thought Chu Chu's earring and tie were meant to directly evoke the image of Akio. Anthy bossing Chu Chu could be read as her own way of raging against her older brother. It's no coincidence that Chu Chu leaves the attire behind once Anthy decides to abandon Ohtori Academy at the end.

EDIT:
Adding to that, Ikuhara's original idea was to have Chu Chu stay with Akio at the end, pissing himself on top of the man's desk.

Slayers 23

So the battle against Clone Rezo rages, and it turns out that Eris did all of this to get vengeance for Rezo, because she was apparently a disciple of his and was considerably pissed to discover that he was dead. The odd thing here is that Eris' account of Rezo is the one the public knows: he was a good man, a kind priest. As opposed to Zelgadis' account, which is of a madman who willingly turned his own descendant into a monster. Eris' tale doesn't add up, though, since Zel implied she may have aided Rezo in turning him into a monster. So I'm sort of confused here.

Did Eris help Rezo turn Zel into a monster? If so, does that mean the flashback we saw where Zel transformed was somewhat metaphorical? Did Rezo still go around being the good priest after turning his grandson into a monster?

Whatever the case, the idea is to summon that legendary demon beast Zanifar (or Jennifer, if you prefer) we keep hearing about. Because Slayers, like any good RPG, knows that ALL legends are TRUE. Also Clone Rezo may be a little too perfect.
First it's zanafar i believe. And yes all legends are true in the slayers universe . even the legends about lina inverse !!!

Now about Rezo .. He was a kind man , untill he realised that he could not see. AFTER HE reached that deadblock he went evil ( but totally evil ) while keeping the appearance of doing good things so he could secure whatever means for him to see again ( no matter the cost ) that's the side of Rezo zelgadis knows. SO yeah he was still doing good deeds around the worlds after zelgadis was turned into a chimera because that was the easiest way to secure guinea pigs for everything. And believe me , he didn't do 1 research , he did plenty !.

The flashback where zel was transformed by rezo really happenned.Eris wasn't involved.What eris saw in rezo even after he turned evil was blinded by the affection ( read love ) she had for him, nothing else.

The fact he wanted to marry Maribelle when far superior waifu like Lucina, Tharja, and Cordellia exist is the truly baffling part

I thought you meant Chrom for a second and saw Lucina and I was like "wat?!" for a second lol.

Lucina is my Waifu. Tharja and Cordelia fight for second. Can't believe I stupidly asked Lissa for marriage and then I met Lucina. T_T 2nd file playthrough FTW!

Dresden

Mari just looked silly with those pants. No sympathy and all my staff wielding levels went to Lissa, anyways.

The fuuuck. I thought he'd (Chrom) be with Sumia by default. Damn!

And this is why its best to be a FemMC and
imagine you're in a relationship with Tharja.

Guy screwed up, Sumia takes precedence over Maribelle unless her s-link with Chrom was higher. He got owned.

CorvoSol

The fact he wanted to marry Maribelle when far superior waifu like Lucina, Tharja, and Cordellia exist is the truly baffling part

I know, right? I mean heck, Maribelle shouldn't be wedding Chrom or MU! Olivia is a better waifu, too.

Cordelia is best waifu for MU, and Olivia is best waifu for Chrom. It is written.

First it's zanafar i believe. And yes all legends are true in the slayers universe . even the legends about lina inverse !!!

Now about Rezo .. He was a kind man , untill he realised that he could not see. AFTER HE reached that deadblock he went evil ( but totally evil ) while keeping the appearance of doing good things so he could secure whatever means for him to see again ( no matter the cost ) that's the side of Rezo zelgadis knows. SO yeah he was still doing good deeds around the worlds after zelgadis was turned into a chimera because that was the easiest way to secure guinea pigs for everything. And believe me , he didn't do 1 research , he did plenty !.

The flashback where zel was transformed by rezo really happenned.Eris wasn't involved.What eris saw in rezo even after he turned evil was blinded by the affection ( read love ) she had for him, nothing else.

The part about Jennifer was a joke.

Gun x Sword 20

So in order to convince Michael that The Claw's plan is totally okay,
Fossilina fucks him. In what is the creepiest sex scene of the day.
We also notice that ol' Fossy has a scar down her spine. Then Michael and Fossilina attempt to persuade the gang and Van is like "Uh, HELL NO." Which is the only response that makes sense, because this Claw bastard you know, KILLED HIS WIFE. What's more is that Fossilina attempts to do a You and I are not so Different! to Van and call him a hypocrite for having killed Curosa, but Van, to my everlasting glee, says, "that little bastard came after me, first." In other words, ain't no way Van's gonna feel guilty on that one (and Ray killed Melissa, so there's that.)

This episode ends with Fossilina promising to grind them into dust so they can all be good friends, and the way she says it, combined with THAT HUG makes me think that when The Claw murdered Elena and Shino he probably did it in that same horrific, gentle, almost loving way. Because The Claw is seriously the most fucked up villain in a long, long time. At every turn he tries to make himself out to be a good man, when in fact he's something of a brutal serial killer.

Hyakka ryouran samurai bride - 07

This episode was the continuation of the training episode that was ep 6 , but here it was supposly the "true" training , yet it didn't happen thanks to a lot of things.

Hyakka_Ryouran_Samurai_Bride_-_07_01.jpg

Naked apron ! *Nods in approval*

This lady with the pink hair is basicly Sdburton in the hyakka ryouran universe.
Proud warrior and Ki master , she loves disguises and enjoy making girls cosplay.
She also love the company of girls in general and refuse to teach men. That doesn't mean that she can't asses a situation properly.
Strong warrior , she was nerfed by the plot but manage to act cool in most cases. As for her sdburton qualities it's hard to explain without seeing the episode but they are there.

Next a significant part of this episode was dedicated to "baka-san" and her silly adventures.
I still hadn't enough of her gags.

There was also some mana , i mean ki- transfert .. this works just like in the nasu -universe ( fate stay night for example )

Overall this episode was good, even if the antagonists are not as great as what was happening in the first season.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
FeMC's are the superior option anyway. Too bad :SDBurton isn't legal in the FE universe.

I'm still pretty pissed about that. It's the sole reason why I bought a 3DS and FE: Awakening because people were spouting off that
Tharja was into girls and was a romance option. Sure she was into girls (if your MC was one) and she was a romance option... FOR MALE MC'S.
*throws table*

I'm still pretty pissed about that. It's the sole reason why I bought a 3DS and FE: Awakening because people were spouting off that
Tharja was into girls and was a romance option. Sure she was into girls (if your MC was one) and she was a romance option... FOR MALE MC'S.
*throws table*

It's too bad really.

There's also those who are pretty screwed in relationships anyway since only the MC has enough awesome to bag any female/male.

Guys I've yet to play FE:A which waifu should I go for?

Chrom's kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom