• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Cordelia > Lucina > Severa > Say'ri > Tiki > Maribelle > Anna > Olivia > Cherche > Lissa > Sumia > Tharja > Aversa > Noire > Nah > Cynthia > Miriel > Kjelle > Emmeryn > Nowi > Flavia > Sully > Panne

Articalys

Not to interrupt waifu talk...

When I asked that question earlier, I figured it would be ignored or get at best one or two throwaway answers. I'm honestly surprised so many people responded to it.

Cordelia > Lucina > Severa > Say'ri > Tiki > Maribelle > Anna > Olivia > Cherche > Lissa > Sumia > Tharja > Aversa > Noire > Nah > Cynthia > Miriel > Kjelle > Emmeryn > Nowi > Flavia > Sully > Panne

Cordelia would be better if she wasn't obsessed with a certain someone. How can you put Olivia, Tharja and Anna so far back? o_O

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Kincaido what are you saying, Kincaido staahhhhp. :mad:

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chrom's kid.
Lucina or Tharja
Cordelia.

Speed is the best stat in FE:A. And boy does she excel in it!
Cordelia would be better if she wasn't obsessed with a certain someone. How can you put Olivia, Tharja and Anna so far back? o_O
Kincaido what are you saying, Kincaido staahhhhp. :mad:
Kincaido, please tell me this is your best girl ranking.

Because if this is best waifu and you have your favorite daughter as #3, were going to need to talk about this.
Joke's on you guys, I always play as a female when given the choice!
Female: In a perfect world, Tharja. With their BS restrictions: Chrom.
SDBurton knows how I think!

Damn all this fire emblem talk and I still don't have a 3DS. There weren't any great sales for the XL though except for that mario kart bundle one but that only comes in blue instead of red and black friday is so far away and and....UGH this is so painful.

Utena 11

eDJHBMJ.jpg

Imagine this scene with really sinister music. I don't even care that the balloons were never explained, this was fantastic.

I could see
Utena losing coming from a mile away but it was well done and didn't feel like a gimmicky loss.
Naturally I'm hyped to see the next episode but what will they do for the cour finale at episode 13? I hope they don't drag out this next duel for two episodes.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

That obsession turns to Kincaido after marriage.

Kincaido, please tell me this is your best girl ranking.

Because if this is best waifu and you have your favorite daughter as #3, were going to need to talk about this.

It is mai waifu ranking. In another world Severa is mai waifu =P

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Utena 11

Imagine this scene with really sinister music. I don't even care that the balloons were never explained, this was fantastic.
There's a lot of visual imagery in Utena that gets introduced like this for apparently no reason. Try to think about the metaphorical meaning of such elements instead of the "logical" one. As they say, symbolism.

Cordelia.

Cloney Grade 17

Callin' it right now, Cajun: "Boss" Eclair and "Boss" Lumiere are Alv and Diverger. Real E and L escaped after blowing the place to smithes. It makes more sense.

Just letting you know in advance. Eclair's new form is my OT Waifu. You'll see what I mean in one or two episodes.

Narag

Not to interrupt waifu talk...

When I asked that question earlier, I figured it would be ignored or get at best one or two throwaway answers. I'm honestly surprised so many people responded to it.

If it helps, consider the following as rock bottom criteria:
dinner nearly consisted of gummi vitamins and chocolate milk that expired today.

So long as you never get that bad, you're doing all right.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
good lord narag at least let me send you some mcdonald's coupons or something.

Joke's on you guys, I always play as a female when given the choice!

romancing waifus > being a waifu

Splash Star being so low is the real culprit.

How would you be able to make that determination? :p

Your future has a higher ceiling than mine.
even if it doesnt seem so now.
I am stuck in a career that wont go anywhere. However I try to make the most of it.
you on the other hand have a vary valuable asset that opens doors I will never be invited in.
I am the failure. You are the success.
it might not seem that way right now but trust me, im a huge failure in many ways.
I merely found a way to stay content.
However I will help you any way I am capable if you need.

I think you took me way more seriously than I intended! "Failure" and "success" aren't binary, and they sure as hell have nothing to do with education. I think that everyone here would agree that if you're gainfully employed, independent, and able to pursue your hobbies, you're successful. That varying degrees of success exist is irrelevant; you've made it, man. Don't be so hard on yourself!

Even more proof that I didn't have a clue as to what the hell I was doing on my first FE:A casual run through. I saw the support building up for her and decided to just go with it.

cajunator

Banned
Cordelia.

Cloney Grade 17

Callin' it right now, Cajun: "Boss" Eclair and "Boss" Lumiere are Alv and Diverger. Real E and L escaped after blowing the place to smithes. It makes more sense.

This is wonderful.
please continue!

While I appreciate the sentiment, those words hold zero weight when spoken on a forum like this.
Also I've been irritated by the term "silly goose" ever since the Penny Arcade forums made it the only allowed insult over there.

Do you have steam, Arti-kun?

CorvoSol

Cloney Grade 17

OH WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

cajunator

Banned
Cloney Grade 17

OH WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

:p

Articalys

Do you have steam, Arti-kun?
Yeah, though I haven't had the time to really play anything on it in... quite a while, in fact.

By the way, the AnimeGAF Steam Community has been dead since early 2012, a few months after it was created, and the headline announcement still proudly proclaims that the new Eureka Seven series coming in 2012 would save anime.
Well, we can't always predict everything correctly.

Maybe whoever is in charge of the group should change that to Imaishi hype or something.

Thoraxes

So on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is Ano Natsu and 1 is Haganai and -∞ is Nyaruko-san, where would you guys rank SNAFU? I dropped it after the first episode, but some of the pictures posted are compelling me to pick it up again.

Maybe I should ask this question when the show ends and see if there will be any rage at the ending.

Probably a 2-3. It's pretty fun so far.
#stillbitter

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, though I haven't had the time to really play anything on it in... quite a while, in fact.

By the way, the AnimeGAF Steam Community has been dead since early 2012, a few months after it was created, and the headline announcement still proudly proclaims that the new Eureka Seven series coming in 2012 would save anime.
Well, we can't always predict everything correctly.

Maybe whoever is in charge of the group should change that to Imaishi hype or something.

Pm me your steam id.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Syrinx:
The key difference the second time is that you know Anthy isn't the lifeless husk you're made to think at first. The knowledge you get finishing the show once completely changes her screentime, and when she gives an expression, you're now able to correctly read it. Furthermore, everything she does and says is entirely consistent with her real personality, despite the original misdirection. This is why they say it's mind-blowing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The beginning of Nisekoi isn't terrible. It's still generic but I found it amusing. The expressions were amazing. I hope the anime does it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom