• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor 3

Not quite as entertaining as the last two episodes, but seeing straight-laced Yamamoto clash with laissez-faire Tylor was still fun. I don't know how this ship will avoid blowing itself up.

I wish the twins didn't come along. They're kind of creepy.

wonzo

Banned
Doesn't this happen in Lovely Complex?
IIRC he has to get confessed to like 4 times before he gets it and there's some amnesia thing where he gets sick and forgets he kissed the girl.
The male protagonist in that was a giant douche too.
I haven't read/seen Lovely Complex but that sounds p. similar. I guess it's basically the shonen version of that.

Voicecast for Nisekoi is out apparently. Not sure if this is quite correct since this site usually jumps the gun but I wouldn't be surprised if it is correct.

Raku Ichijou - Yoshitsugu Matsuoka

Chitoge Kirisaki - Haruka Tomatsu

Kosaki Onodera - Hisako Kanemoto

For reference that's Kirito for Raku, Asuna for Chitoge which are from SAO and the VA for Amy from Gargantia is Kosaki.

The vomic cast is the anime cast?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Date A Live - 08

HX5ViFU.png
0kRY2ya.png

Hooooly shit clockface is cray!

Probably the best episode so far. Looks like shit will be hitting the fan soon!

OTP rankings:

1. Sold the moment I saw this (nsfw).

2. The hatesex would be glorious.

3. Too cute to pass up.

Utena 13
iW28ay4.jpg
CVFBpFA.jpg

Dat meta-shadow. And what the hell, are they going to fit UFOs/Aliens into the actual upcoming plot?

Recap episode?! Oh well, at least it gives a new context to everything that's happened. Hopefully the inevitable new OP/ED for all the characters in the preview are as good as the first ones. I can't help but wonder if the movie handles this part of the show without looking like nothing but constant duels. Well one season's worth down so I'm gonna stop here for tonight.

y8xVCLC.jpg

Always nice to see a show poke fun at their own recycling.

yami4ct

Just saw the poster for Miyazaki's new movie. Oh dear lord, so pretty, I haven't been this excited for a film for quite some time. It has all the hallmarks of being an amazing passion project. I really hope it doesn't take a year+ after the Japanese release to get it in US theaters.

Lovely Complex has a conclusive resolution though. (And it's good!)

Just saw the poster for Miyazaki's new movie. Oh dear lord, so pretty, I haven't been this excited for a film for quite some time. It has all the hallmarks of being an amazing passion project. I really hope it doesn't take a year+ after the Japanese release to get it in US theaters.

It definitely will. I wonder if Disney has given up on distributing Ghibli films altogether, or whether they'll handle this one because it's the elder Miyazaki.

Articalys

Voicecast for Nisekoi is out apparently. Not sure if this is quite correct since this site usually jumps the gun but I wouldn't be surprised if it is correct.

Raku Ichijou - Yoshitsugu Matsuoka

Chitoge Kirisaki - Haruka Tomatsu

Kosaki Onodera - Hisako Kanemoto

For reference that's Kirito for Raku, Asuna for Chitoge which are from SAO and the VA for Amy from Gargantia is Kosaki.
The anime cast hasn't been confirmed yet; that site is just automatically assuming that the Vomic cast will reprise their roles -- which, while highly likely, isn't a guarantee.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Utena 13

Recap episode?! Oh well, at least it gives a new context to everything that's happened. Hopefully the inevitable new OP/ED for all the characters in the preview are as good as the first ones.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the OP never changes.
Also never skip a recap episode.
I can't help but wonder if the movie handles this part of the show without looking like nothing but constant duels. Well one season's worth down so I'm gonna stop here for tonight.
The movie is not a remake of the show, although it keeps the themes consistent.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Then it would still be better to clarify your post as the Vomic roles, since the anime voice cast is not officially out yet.

I made it clear in my initial post that this has a chance of not being correct. I'm not really sure what the problem is if I need to specify those are vomic roles or not. If it's incorrect they're incorrect. If it's correct they're correct. Whether they belong to vomic roles or not is irrelevant in the end.

yami4ct

It definitely will. I wonder if Disney has given up on distributing Ghibli films altogether, or whether they'll handle this one because it's the elder Miyazaki.

I'm betting Disney will grab onto it just because it's an elder Miyazaki film. Kaguya-hime will certainly be a G-Kids release, though.

Seeing that reminds me that Poppy Hill is showing in a theater not too far from me. I should probably get around to seeing it. Even if I don't love it, Ghibli films are worth checking out in theaters for the wow factor of the visuals alone.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the OP never changes.

Aww, well at least the OP is pretty likeable.

Also never skip a recap episode.

Never intended to but good to hear since this means there's something worthwhile in them.

The movie is not a remake of the show, although it keeps the themes consistent.

Really? Is it a sequel to the show or a side story of sorts? Probably gonna watch it anyway but I'm curious.

I'm betting Disney will grab onto it just because it's an elder Miyazaki film. Kaguya-hime will certainly be a G-Kids release, though.

Maybe, though Kaze Tachinu doesn't seem to have the kiddy angle Disney likes to go for. Their practice of creating some bad pop song for the credits would be really inappropriate, at least.

Syrinx

Hataraku-Maou Sama 4

So here we get some backstory on Emi and why she's a hero.
She's the daughter of an angel. So she's the only one who has the magic to fight the demons. Angels should do some more fighting if that's the case. Since apparently plain humans
can't do shit against the demons.

Then she breaks down in Maou's apartment. Since he's kinda responsible for
being taken from her father, her father being killed, the burning of their village, etc.
Then he's all "Uh, sorry I guess", like a dipshit. So yeah. They're still enemies.

Then it turns out all this weird shit is
Lucifer's doing. He's not dead. And he's about to eat Chiho.

I love Alciel in this show. He's so loyal to Maou. And yet his skills don't exactly translate to life on Earth. And yet he's the only one routinely behaving like he remembers the roles of everybody back in their old world. At least he's a decent waifu for Maou.

naruto latest movie

Finally got around to watching it. Was surprisingly good. Best filler+movie of the show imo. Was paced quite differently from your typical annual bombastic shounen movie. Shame the budget was kinda meh outside of the final fight. A bit weird that the
akutsuki
didn't have different personalities... or I guess
naruto's parents
either.

yami4ct

Maybe, though Kaze Tachinu doesn't seem to have the kiddy angle Disney likes to go for. Their practice of creating some bad pop song for the credits would be really inappropriate, at least.

Disney has the rights to Naussica and Mononoke, I think, as well. At least the home video rights for them and those films are really not kids films at all either. My bet is Disney doesn't care about what the film is as long as it has Miyazaki's name on it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What is anime sols? Is it sort of like anime kickstarter? Really interested in the Yatterman series.

Classic anime streaming + optional crowdfunding. Better watch what you want to now because they've pretty much said that the site is going away if none of the series get funded releases! (which is likely)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Too tired to continue the argument. Whatever, you win.

------------------------------

In other developments, the first season of Code Geass is getting a Blu-ray box release on September 25.

http://www.geass.jp/first/blurayBox.html

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CD1D5LK/

I wasn't trying to win. I was merely explaining that I already clarified that it wasn't confirmed yet and that the site has a tendency to jump the gun. In my eyes you were asking me to do something that I already did. It wasn't an argument in the first place. I wasn't trying to make it one nor was I addressing it as one.

In other news, about damn time we got a BD.

The official website for the Gifū Dōdō!! Kanetsugu to Keiji anime has opened and revealed the staff:

Chief Director: Tetsuo Hara (original manga author, Fist of the North Star)
Director: Bob Shirahata (Hetalia)
Series Composition: Yasuhiro Imagawa (Giant Robo)
Character Design: Masaaki Kannan (Hetalia)
Animation Production: Studio DEEN

The official website for the Gifū Dōdō!! Kanetsugu to Keiji anime has opened and revealed the staff:

Kanetsugu Naoe isn't excluding enough LOVE AND PEACE to me.

survivor

Banned

These character designs are terrible.

jbug617

Banned
Classic anime streaming + optional crowdfunding. Better watch what you want to now because they've pretty much said that the site is going away if none of the series get funded releases! (which is likely)

That sucks I would of like to have both Yatterman series on DVD.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Imagawa?!? Whoa, even if he's not directing.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That sucks I would of like to have both Yatterman series on DVD.

The first series is at ~$1k/$16k and the second series is at ~$1k/19k with about a month left. Even then, I'm pretty sure that the DVD releases are only 13 episodes each, and it's likely that even if these volumes did squeak by that future releases wouldn't and you'd be stuck with an incomplete set. So yeah, it's looking grim.

I really hope that they try to fall back on paid subscriptions instead of shuttering the site when all of these crowfunding drives eventually fail because I'm pretty sure that a couple of the shows on the site have never been available in English before.

That's the reason I bothered posting about it, since I know there are fans of his around here that would be curious to know what he's up to.

100% chance that Narag watches this now, even if he had zero interest previously.

gargantia 8

chill ass eps. Didnt' expect this after last weeks. Shame I kinda got lost for most of the eps because I don't know the fucking names of all these side casts :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom