• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Watch The Laws of the Sun for more background on the Mu continent.

Most definitely. There's a transformation, there are MotWs, there's a "mascot", powers are magical in nature, battles largely serve as metaphors for ideological quandaries.

So its mahou shoujo? Ok now I'm kind of excited to start it.

Jarmel

Banned
Arjuna 1-
ilV0PNV8Hg7ro.jpg

The intro scene gave me Madoka vibes. The first part of the episode actually reminded me of FLCL when they're near the sea/ocean. I also thought the motorcycle ride against the sunset was very nice. It's an alright opener although the CGI stands out. Animation quality in general seems on the low side. The design for the magical girl transformation is ugly as fuck though. I liked the soundtrack a lot.

Give me your best Kawamori.

Zettai Bouei Leviathan - 04

Zettai%20Bouei%20Leviathan%20-%2004_01.jpg

Well i already know
Zettai%20Bouei%20Leviathan%20-%2004_02.jpg

:D
Zettai%20Bouei%20Leviathan%20-%2004_03.jpg

Always pay attention when you're looting.

There is no doubt about it , now ..This show is surprisingly cute and somehow refreshing .. almost 100% thanks to syrop the fairy.
This character is just awesome and well made to the point that you can do almost everything with it and she still stay adorable.

First , her plan magnificaly destroyed by Jorm attitude that remember the important things ... or not and then her 3 little sisters that i hope we'll see more afterwards.
Second , the rest of the events :)

Anyway syrop that don't like that her name is changed , syrop curious to find a hole but not so curious to explore , only find a near death event. Syrop with a no bottom stomach..is incredible.

It was funny and intresting ... VIVA SYROP !!

I bet she will achive her goal by gathering the most clumsy , yet strong allies she can

Branduil

Arjuna 1-
ilV0PNV8Hg7ro.jpg

The intro scene gave me Madoka vibes. The first part of the episode actually reminded me of FLCL when they're near the sea/ocean. I also thought the motorcycle ride against the sunset was very nice. It's an alright opener although the CGI stands out. Animation quality in general seems on the low side. The design for the magical girl transformation is ugly as fuck though. I liked the soundtrack a lot.

Give me your best Kawamori.

Curse Yoko Kanno for making such great soundtracks for both this and Brain Powerd. Especially Brain Powerd.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If you have a problem with reference comedy anime, you have a problem with Excel Saga. And brother, if you have a problem with Excel Saga, then you have a problem with me.
Excel Saga uses references but doesn't depend on them. It has its own brand of zaniness to build on.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I had no clue she did this until you just mentioned it. I'll see if she can maintain the standard of the first episode throughout. Should make the supposed pain later, easier to deal with.
Arjuna is one of her better scores, actually. The first OST is extremely solid and only on the second OST does it become hit and miss.

Narag

Oniisama e - 01

I actually started watching this in the fall and never posted about it because I never entered AnimeGaf before. I actually forgot which episode I left off on, so I decided to start from the beginning. Sweet, delicious 90's melodrama that just so happened to be based off a manga written by the same author of The Rose Of Versailles. It's available on YouTube to watch alongside some other series as well.

I spy Black Jack. Had no idea Viki opened up a Youtube channel. I'll have to check this out.

Bagi is on there too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grPOEN6WZ7I Must watch material after learning from the mountain.

Attack on Titan - 04

Another low budget episode that got by fine. There's an inherent strength to the art style (and thick black lines) that help to make these episodes totally watchable. I thought the character stuff this week was really solid, and I loved the last few minutes.
Titan has constantly been teasing crazy cool fights here and there, and it looks like next week is going to deliver.

This show is delivering, and I never thought it would.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Animation quality in general seems on the low side. The design for the magical girl transformation is ugly as fuck though.

Come on, who doesn't like glowing gemstones and floating sanskrit characters and CG fetuses and neon pink girls with orange antlers hatching out of chrysali?

Oh it'll happen. Believe in El Cantare.

Working hard on that seventeen-hour director's cut, hopefully.

Also, according to google I'm living up to my tag :lol

Railgun S - Episode 3

Good episode. Compared to last episode this one goes much faster and the first MISAKA clone is shown, woot.

Can't wait for Mikoto to start going sabotage-mode to stop the project.

If you have a problem with reference comedy anime, you have a problem with Excel Saga. And brother, if you have a problem with Excel Saga, then you have a problem with me.

Oh you misunderstand. I love reference comedy anime. I just wanted to post the pic to see the awkward comparison. When I see what looks like a character from a magical girl anime dress up like THAT, I couldn't resist making a comparison to see how much they copied that pose from the show. I was impressed.

cajunator

Banned
IT BEGINS

I'm excited to see where this rabbithole goes.

Damn even the menu screen is weird as shit.
This will be a very interesting experience!

Jarmel

Banned
Arjuna 2-

Why do I have this feeling I'm watching a magical girl version of Blue Gender?

I like the safety guy giving his life story at one of the most inappropriate times. Not to mention how damn preachy that whole bit is. Pretty boring episode though.

Also is "You can see it with your heart's eye.", some line that magical girl shows have to use?

Syrinx

Spice and Wolf 13

Lawrence is kinda more of a hustler at this point.
Lemario Trading betrays him and leaves him for dead, so he goes there and puts draconian demands on them for a loan...or something. I kind of have trouble with the money talk in this show.

Dat ambiguous scene near the end.
Having that little exchange just as the bell tolls so you can't hear a word they're saying. They seem to have the same chemistry as before though.

Show's pretty good. I'm not in love with the show, but it's enjoyable enough.

Thoraxes

Ergo Proxy 1

This is nice, I see a lot of promise. Love the animation.

What is the consensus on this?

Someone started it on their own and not from my constant encouragement?

I'm proud of you guys.

Edit: Oh wait, that's Texhnolyze. Ergo Proxy is still great though and has dat Re-l.

cajunator

Banned
Earth Maiden Arjuna 01

WHAT THE HOLY ROLLIN TRIPPY CRAZY LOPSIDED FUCK WAS THAT?
WHO IS CHRIS? WHAT HAPPENED? WHY IS THE CG SO AWKWARD? IS SHE DEAD? AM I DEAD? ARE YOU DEAD WHAAAAAAAT IS GOING ONNNNN?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Earth Maiden Arjuna 01

WHO IS CHRIS? WHAT HAPPENED? WHY IS THE CG SO AWKWARD? IS SHE DEAD? AM I DEAD? ARE YOU DEAD WHAAAAAAAT IS GOING ONNNNN?
Welcome to the turn of the millennium. We are still waiting for hover boards.

Thoraxes

Earth Maiden Arjuna 01

You better start drinking alcohol if you're like this now, and if you don't, you probably will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom