• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
After searching around a bit, I found out that it's more specifically a reference to the default equivalent from older Japanese versions of Microsoft Office, a dolphin named Kairu. The particular text in the question/answer box "What are you looking for?" "How to get rid of you" seems to be a meme; search for お前を消す方法 on pixiv.

See, posts like this are why I said yesterday that you're an asset to the community, Arti. Good stuff. :D

After searching around a bit, I found out that it's more specifically a reference to the default equivalent from older Japanese versions of Microsoft Office, a dolphin named Kairu. The particular text in the question/answer box "What are you looking for?" "How to get rid of you" seems to be a meme; search for お前を消す方法 on pixiv.

Kairu looks cuter than Clippy.

Articalys

See, posts like this are why I said yesterday that you're an asset to the community, Arti. Good stuff. :D
I'm not terribly proud how I stumbled across it though -- trying to play off the "Clippy is so moe" joke, I went to search Danbooru on the off chance that something was there (because lord knows everything else gets personified as something moe) , and only just happened to find the answer.

edit: also, this actually took some effort to find, as opposed to just being another boring link from a blog or news article or something

Branduil

Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san 04:

What an abominable episode.

Is this referencing that paperclip bastard from old versions of Microsoft Office?

So Muromi-san's humor is the anime equivalent of Borderlands 2?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm not terribly proud how I stumbled across it though -- trying to play off the "Clippy is so moe" joke, I went to search Danbooru on the off chance that something was there (because lord knows everything else gets personified as something moe) , and only just happened to find the answer.

I just had to confirm the existence of the Clippy tag for myself, and yep:

BeP5DKy.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 065
All this bickering about old loves and all that crap when everyone knows the best course of action is having Minako and Makoto scissor each other already. Am I allowed to mention scissoring? Whatever, OTPs are OTPs.

One thing I like about this arc is that it brings back the idea of using fads as a way to manipulate girls, except instead of just absorbing the dark energy of their victims they are
using capitalism in order to upset the timeline
! Or something. It's still pretty ridiculous, but Jadeite's plans were never convincing either. At least here it does seem like a covert operation by the Droid forces instead of just evil spells on people.

Mamoru is still a total douchebag, by the way. I don't think putting him as the main love interest is a good example of what little girls should look in their future boyfriends
, tragic destinies notwithstanding
. Not like other aspects of Usagi's behaviour are admirable to begin with...

P.S. Who the fuck eats pizza with coffee? The shit is wrong with these people?

cajunator

Banned
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 065

All this bickering about old loves and all that crap when everyone know the best course of action is having Minako and Makoto scissor each other already. Am I allowed to mention scissoring? Whatever, OTPs are OTPs.

One thing I like about this arc is that it brings back the idea of using fads as a way to manipulate girls, except instead of just absorbing the dark energy of their victims they are
using capitalism in order to upset the timeline
! Or something. It's still pretty ridiculous, but Jadeite's plans were never convincing. At least here it does seem like a covert operation by the Droid forces.

Mamoru is still a total douchebag, by the way. I don't think putting him as the main love interest is a particularly exemplary example of what little girls should look in their future boyfriends
, tragic destinies notwithstanding
. Not like other aspects of Usagi's behaviour are admirable to begin with...

P.S. Who the fuck eats pizza with coffee? The shit is wrong with these people?

This sounds like the best idea ever.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpet Kira Deco! 07:

gsSk7tR.jpg

I'd like to say that the implications are terrifying here, but there's not even anything being implied. They want to straight-up pluck out another Jewelpet's eyes and bling out their phones with them.

Man, the things that this show can get away with because it goes over the kids' heads. I knew that it was going to be a good episode when it began with a murder mystery-style "dead body floating down a river" scene.

Gotta love that the Jewelpets don't get serious about saving the earth until their television broadcasts are disrupted by the darkness. This show wouldn't be nearly as watchable if all of the characters were Precure-esque flawless paragons of virtue and altruism.

That shit would get you murdered in Tabor Heights.

jgminto

I was going to continue watching FMA: BroHo but I know I'm going to write a spiel on what the original did better when I watch episode 4 and I don't feel like doing that right now so I started:

Blood-C
1 - 3
The characters haven't been anything amazing so far. Their characterisation has been pretty good and they are well defined but they're nothing extraordinary. I absolutely love some of the monster designs though. They've got this really nice combination of b-movie monsters and the grotesque, although not as grotesque as the ridiculously tall people. The monsters will keep me watching even if everything else is shit.

The ending of 3 was weird. Why did the protag
just let the baker die? I thought she was trying to protect people.
It was a cool scene but it didn't make any sense for her character.

Jarmel

Banned
Arjuna 3-
i4MpNsu2wI7c1.jpg

I like how these assholes just up and left the girl to starve just to teach her how shit she is. So this really is Mahou Shoujo Blue Gender. Also nice to see a proper ED. Anyone know who the artist is? It reminds me of Kenichi Yoshida surprisingly.

ibt3OxRFvuXCv.jpg

Jintor

JGminto, maybe hold off the impressions for BroHood until the show starts to significantly diverge. It basically just recaps the original with some minor differences and noticeably worse pacing until the point of divergence anyway.

jgminto

JGminto, maybe hold off the impressions for BroHood until the show starts to significantly diverge. It basically just recaps the original with some minor differences and noticeably worse pacing until the point of divergence anyway.

I probably will after 4. It's one of my absolute favourite subplots ever.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 28

OH MAN I HATE YOU FA. I HATE YOU SO MUCH. It's funny, though, because you're still not as awful as Beltachika.

CorvoSol

You know what Zeta Gundam has over 00 and AGE?

PEOPLE GET HIT. Battles aren't just colorful lines and circles. There's actual action going on. Nother reason 00 is the worst Gundam ever, with AGE close at its heels, though AGE's action could be good at times. Oh, and Ensign Rekkua is a total boss.

mAcOdIn

Unlike Yoko Kanno, the quality of her work seems to be related to the quality of the show.
Lies. Kajiura's best work was Pandora Hearts and that was a terrible show!
Someone started it on their own and not from my constant encouragement?

I'm proud of you guys.

Edit: Oh wait, that's Texhnolyze. Ergo Proxy is still great though and has dat Re-l.
Hey, I did too! Also, Re-l is great.
Ergo Proxy 1

This is nice, I see a lot of promise. Love the animation.

What is the consensus on this?
I think most of the people here are right, the story is retarded, full of itself and ultimately unnecessary, That said, I think it has one of the greatest episodes of all time out of any anime, and that's episode 16. The OP is awesome too. This show will ultimately disappoint but I think it was worth it anyways for Re-l.
Spice and Wolf 01

Hm, wasn't a bad first episode. While the setting didn't grab me, I am at least liking what was shown of Lawrence and Holo.

It is definitely different from what backlog shows I have been watching, so at least it is a breath of fresh and non ugly air.
So happy to see new viewers, Holo truly is great.

KiN0

Unlike Yoko Kanno, the quality of her work seems to be related to the quality of the show.

I think Darker than Black says otherwise.

Also in regards to SAO, I think that whole thing was just sloppy. Listening to the soundtrack and it really seems as though the production company paid no attention to the quality of the album. One track is literally the same one from the first volume just renamed while the others have either been slowed down or lowered in pitch. The one vocal track that is on the album has voices that are near inaudible whereas in the anime they are much more clear.

cajunator

Banned
Arjuna the natural 03

Last one tonight. Really tired from the festival so I will watch more tomorrow.
Looks like CHris set Arjuna up to sink or swim, and she's fighting to stay above water. Metaphorically speaking of course. This episode contained about 50% more sense and was actually rather beautiful at times.

This post is a hell of an advertisement for Arjuna. Now I'm really tempted to see this.

OH man. This is something else. Its everything but boring.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpet Kira Deco! 08:

Kind of a boring plot/character intro/infodump episode, but it did have a couple of moments, including "pole dancing" inside of a sentient bus to make it "go faster". Yeah...

Shergal

Hey, apparently Yuzuru Tachikawa (the Death Billiards guy) will be directing episode 7 of Attack on Titan.
I liked it more when he was going to do 5, but anyway, yay!

Jarmel

Banned
Arjuna 4-
ibwl5ciGgG5xZx.jpg

I'm out for tonight. This was done by people on LSD. There is no other explanation.

iqY9W3MgBZoa9.jpg

That said, I think some of the artwork is very beautiful at times even if the character art is lousy. I think the show does a good job at the whole "One is All and All is One" crap but it does feel pretty preachy.

Branduil

Hey, apparently Yuzuru Tachikawa (the Death Billiards guy) will be directing episode 7 of Attack on Titan.
I liked it more when he was going to do 5, but anyway, yay!

Who is directing 5, then? Hmm, this makes me wonder if episode 7 is going to be
Mikasa's backstory
. I think that would make sense as an episode to give to the director of Death Billiards.

CorvoSol

Azumanga Daioh 18

That one with the super awesome gif of Sakaki catching a snowball and throwing it back. Freaking amazing. Also Tomo picks on Yomi like super hard. Poor Yomi, Tomo keeps telling her she's fat and dumb, but neither of those comments are really that true, as Yomi is a solid 2nd place for both brains and body in the class.

Also Tomo nails Ms. Yukari in the face with her tray. The delivery of the scene is perfect.

Oh and anime people all have super weak constitutions, which is how being outside in the cold for a few hours nets an instant cold, or falling in cold water, etc.

duckroll

Mikasa's backstory
. I think that would make sense as an episode to give to the director of Death Billiards.

Probably the other guy who was listed for ep5 in the non-Newtype magazines. Can't remember who it was right now, and my laptop kinda imploded so I can't check stuff.

Gargantia - 04

God, I really love how vibrant the colors are in this show. The moment where
it started to rain was really fantastic. I love how the lightning gradually changed leading up to the storm. It was a nice touch.

I'd be totally content with the show being like this for the rest of its run. I'm in love.

Shergal

Mikasa's backstory

I was thinking the same about 7, but they would have to seriously stretch 6 to make it work. Or perhaps I'm remembering the pace of the manga wrong.
Hopefully you're right.

No idea about episode 5 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom