• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Earth Maiden Arjuna 01

WHAT THE HOLY ROLLIN TRIPPY CRAZY LOPSIDED FUCK WAS THAT?
WHO IS CHRIS? WHAT HAPPENED? WHY IS THE CG SO AWKWARD? IS SHE DEAD? AM I DEAD? ARE YOU DEAD WHAAAAAAAT IS GOING ONNNNN?

omgsodelishusrasft.gif

I've waited so long for this.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Dokidoki 13:

aFbzCML.jpg

Bad. F-tier oujosama character, a contest plot straight out of the worst Sailor Moon filler, redundant characterization for Alice, Toei still being cockteases about Regina screentime. Forget this week, it's all about next week.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

You know, considering that this was a franchise that changed "ramen" to "burgers" and called the Fey family "psychics" in localization (decisions that I don't really oppose, but that's another discussion), it makes me wonder why they actually left "magatama" untranslated when it would have been just as easy to call it a "talisman" or "spirit stone" or something to that effect.

You know, considering that this was a franchise that changed "ramen" to "burgers" and called the Fey family "psychics" in localization (decisions that I don't really oppose, but that's another discussion), it makes me wonder why they actually left "magatama" untranslated when it would have been just as easy to call it a "talisman" or "spirit stone" or something to that effect.

Because why the fuck not? That's why.

Regina will get her time to shine. She'll want her precious Mana Sue soon.

Milamber

Their names were the biggest change for me.

Probably because the magatama was shown in the game a lot unlike ramen and well I guess you really can't show whatever they were before it was changed into psychics.

Thoraxes

Probably because the magatama was shown in the game a lot unlike ramen and well I guess you really can't show whatever they were before it was changed into psychics.

Another interesting thing on that is that in SMT: Nocturne it's called a magatama, while in Skyward Sword they're referred to as amber and dusk relics (I believe the JPN version of Skyward Sword calls them magatama.

Because ramen is disgusting.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

You'd think that being frequently referenced would actually provide more incentive for a localized term, but who knows.

I should probably reiterate that I'm not bothered by this or even the slight inconsistency in which terms and concepts were actually westernized. If there are actually people out there who are genuinely offended by the names being changed or whatnot, I don't know what to say.

Because ramen is disgusting.

Who are you again?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That'd just create the problem of constant flashbacks and recaps. :(
I'd take one flashback/recap episode a season (we already get a clip show!) if it meant the matches were one or two episodes a piece instead of 4. lol

From what I've seen, the manga really only focuses on Polar Bear & Panda in their day-to-day escapades and characters like Mr. Penguin, Sasako, Handa e.t.c. are rarely seen. Sounds terrible, I know.
Jesus, you aren't kidding.

Articalys

You'd think that being frequently referenced would actually provide more incentive for a localized term, but who knows.

I should probably reiterate that I'm not bothered by this or even the slight inconsistency in which terms and concepts were actually westernized. If there are actually people out there who are genuinely offended by the names being changed or whatnot, I don't know what to say.
My guess is that since it provides supernatural powers of a sort, they left it that way to make it seem more mystical. I dunno.

What English term would have been a non-westernization for the Feys? Spirit mediums?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
My guess is that since it provides supernatural powers of a sort, they left it that way to make it seem more mystical. I dunno.

What English term would have been a non-westernization for the Feys? Spirit mediums?

Well, if they were just going to straight-up not Westernize at all, they'd be mikos.

cajunator

Banned
sorry. Got delayed by my moms phone not working and now her email went to shit too.
Cant figure out whats wrong so fuck it. On to Arjuna 02.

Earth Maiden Arjuna 01

WHAT THE HOLY ROLLIN TRIPPY CRAZY LOPSIDED FUCK WAS THAT?
WHO IS CHRIS? WHAT HAPPENED? WHY IS THE CG SO AWKWARD? IS SHE DEAD? AM I DEAD? ARE YOU DEAD WHAAAAAAAT IS GOING ONNNNN?

I stopped after the first episode a long time ago. Maybe you'll do the same and be forever a happy man.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san 04:

What an abominable episode.

Is this referencing that paperclip bastard from old versions of Microsoft Office?

Nisemonogatari 4

So this dude
Kaiku
seems to be popping up pissing people off with his shit. I always wondered what the hell is with the interior design. It's like a bath tub in a cathedral or something.

And then Shinobu appeared
in the nude..... there was nipple outlines. I don't know what I expected, but despite not finishing the episode, I don't think there's anything left in this episode that will distract me from what just happened.

But it's okay, she's a vampire!

Soma

That joke was actually very fitting. I approve!

Haha thanks.

I'm not confident in my writing at all (especially after typing that much) but I had a lot to say about the film and had to get it off my chest. So I apologize for any grammatical errors or anime title errors (thanks Regulus!)

cajunator

Banned
Magical Mindfuck Arjuna 02

Seriously, what in the hell is going on? I get that there are these monsters of destruction called Raaja. Arjuna has to fight them. Chris is some...thing..person...entity that assists her. I think. Theres a mech. where the hell did it come from? Why is the reactor going crazy? What organization has this helicopter? Is it even a real helicopter? IM TRIPPING BALLS!
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS SHOW?
Like seriously. I have no fucking idea.

Articalys

Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san 04:

What an abominable episode.

Is this referencing that paperclip bastard from old versions of Microsoft Office?
After searching around a bit, I found out that it's more specifically a reference to the default equivalent from older Japanese versions of Microsoft Office, a dolphin named Kairu. The particular text in the question/answer box "What are you looking for?" "How to get rid of you" seems to be a meme; search for お前を消す方法 on pixiv.

Jarmel

Banned
Magical Mindfuck Arjuna 02

Seriously, what in the hell is going on? I get that there are these monsters of destruction called Raaja. Arjuna has to fight them. Chris is some...thing..person...entity that assists her. I think. Theres a mech. where the hell did it come from? Why is the reactor going crazy? What organization has this helicopter? Is it even a real helicopter? IM TRIPPING BALLS!
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS SHOW?
Like seriously. I have no fucking idea.

This is not that hard of a show to follow so far. Chris has spiritual powers. Raaja seem to be some sort of manifestation of the Earth causing havoc possibly related to the trauma that borne them. The mech is some sort of manifestation of Arjuna's powers. The helicopter is real. And there's probably some sort of government magical girl agency.

cajunator

Banned
This is not that hard of a show to follow so far. Chris has spiritual powers. Raaja seem to be some sort of manifestation of the Earth causing havoc possibly related to the trauma that borne them. The mech is some sort of manifestation of Arjuna's powers. The helicopter is real. And there's probably some sort of government magical girl agency.

Oh yes. now that you explained it that all totally makes sense.
ON SOME ALIEN FUCKING PLANET>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom