• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo

After all this time I managed to go into this almost completely unspoiled and I have to say my overall impressions are as follows:

I found myself mostly utterly confused for the better part of the first half of the movie and even by the end I pretty much have little to no clue as to what the hell transpired during the events of the latter half nor do I have much in the way of ideas as to where it's supposed to go from here but what I do know is that this film was filled to the brim with scenes ripe with homoeroticism between Shinji and Kaworu, which god knows were a long time coming.

So, basically, it turned out to be everything that I was hoping for.

10/10

Anno da gawd.

Branduil

I was thinking the same about 7, but they would have to seriously stretch 6 to make it work. Or perhaps I'm remembering the pace of the manga wrong.
Hopefully you're right.

No idea about episode 5 though.

They could always rearrange things a bit. I mean they've already done that with quite a bit of the material.

KiN0

Just finished Texhnolyze. Probably one of the most beautiful shows I have seen in a while with regards to art and animation. The story and characters were unfortunately unsatisfying.

Articalys

A small reminder that one of the final shows of what is technically still the Spring season begins in about five hours on USTREAM -- the Lucky Star spin-off, Yamakan-directed Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Most matches really don't need more than half to 2/3rds of an episode tbqh.
Well, yeah. But this is sports anime and we all know how that goes.

I'm just afraid that sportsshowitis will strike the KyoAni show and it'll be 13 episodes of swimming with zero character development.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yuyushiki 2-3:

Normally I'd gripe about how ragingly stupid pink and blue are, but the consistently high-energy interaction, pleasing production values, and absence of overtly otaku humor and pandering (well, I guess there's some :sdburton) make this a pleasant if somewhat transient and unmemorable watch. It's high-grade moe that you don't have to feel particularly bad about enjoying.

Branduil

I'm just afraid that sportsshowitis will strike the KyoAni show and it'll be 13 episodes of swimming with zero character development.

Uh, given K-on, I think it's far more likely they'd swing the other way and have far too little actual swimming.

Swimming requires too much animation for that to be particularly likely. It's not a card game where you can show a bunch of still and have people talking. There probably won't be enough swimming.

Jintor

Yuyushiki 2-3:

Normally I'd gripe about how ragingly stupid pink and blue are, but the consistently high-energy interaction, pleasing production values, and absence of overtly otaku humor and pandering (well, I guess there's some :sdburton) make this a pleasant if somewhat transient and unmemorable watch. It's high-grade moe that you don't have to feel particularly bad about enjoying.

That reminds me, I should probably go find the Seitokan Yakuindomo OVAs so I can veg out for a bit. It amazes me that the series feels kind of... pure for something that is almost entirely perverted jokes.

wonzo

Banned

Eh, I wouldn't really worry about that after all the swimming, youth & (UPPERBODY) friendship talk from the press conference. Well, that and K-On! lol

Soma

That reminds me, I should probably go find the Seitokan Yakuindomo OVAs so I can veg out for a bit. It amazes me that the series feels kind of... pure for something that is almost entirely perverted jokes.

All that pureness is solely emanated from Judo girl.

Articalys

Oh right, the weekly iTunes Japan Anison Top 30 count:

5) Koi wa Chaos no Shimobenari by Ushiro kara Haiyoritai G (Nyaruko W OP)
10) Maji Love 2000% by ST☆RISH (Uta no Prince-sama 2000% ED)
18) reunion by ClariS (Oreimo S2 OP)
24) Fantastic Future by Yukari Tamura (Henneko OP)
27) Kono Sekai wa Bokura wo Matteita by Minori Chihara (Gargantia OP)
28) Guren no Yumiya TV SIZE by Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan OP)

Naturally, older releases drop down while newer songs start to appear. Also, there's a lot of western songs on here.

A couple others beyond those, just because:

32) Anata no Eranda Kono Toki wo by Kanako Itou (Steins;Gate Movie OP)
40) Nanatsu no Umi yori Kimi no Umi by Sumire Uesaka (Muromi-san OP)
44) Boku Janai by angela (Valvrave ED)
53) Preserved Roses by Nana Mizuki x T.M.Revolution TV SIZE (Valvrave OP)

Interestingly enough, that last one is actually under the Rock category unlike the rest, which are all in the Anime category.

CorvoSol

Well at least they're not dumb. They have that.

Not according to Tomo.

Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo

After all this time I managed to go into this almost completely unspoiled and I have to say my overall impressions are as follows:

I found myself mostly utterly confused for the better part of the first half of the movie and even by the end I pretty much have little to no clue as to what the hell transpired during the events of the latter half nor do I have much in the way of ideas as to where it's supposed to go from here but what I do know is that this film was filled to the brim with scenes ripe with homoeroticism between Shinji and Kaworu, which god knows were a long time coming.

So, basically, it turned out to be everything that I was hoping for.

10/10

Anno da gawd.

Pretty much exactly why I hate Kaworu. No character at all, but he waves his magic yaoi fanservice wand and people instantly forgive the fact that he is less of a character than Rei.

Jintor

All that pureness is solely emanated from Judo girl.

Well, there's very little actual perversion in the traditional stupid anime form of running into people and landing hand-on-breast, or panty flashes, or that kind of thing. What little there is (hot springs episodes etc) tends to be treated so comically or so cheerfully it just doesn't actually seem... well... perverted.

One Outs

I would've just exposed him, this way I'd get the sympathy of the crowd, instead he gets hated on even more lol.

s7AFW0P.jpg

Did you watch the reveal preview? There was barely any swimming in it!

Soma

Well, there's very little actual perversion in the traditional stupid anime form of running into people and landing hand-on-breast, or panty flashes, or that kind of thing. What little there is (hot springs episodes etc) tends to be treated so comically or so cheerfully it just doesn't actually seem... well... perverted.

I just wanted to make a 'pure' joke.

But yes I agree and it's actually kinda refreshing given the context of the show. Makes me slightly less guilty when watching it.

...and now I feel like rewatching it. I don't think i've even gotten to the latest OVA episodes either.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Arata Kangatari 02:

This show is absolutely unremarkable in virtually every conceivable aspect. I'm shocked that they actually managed to get Kow Otani for the score, but even he's phoning it in for the most part. Even so, the show still feels like it's trying to earnestly tell a story, and I suppose I'm just the tiniest bit invested in the characters for it; enough for me to squeeze an episode in one night a week when I'm too tired to waste my reduced attentiveness on something else.

CorvoSol

Well, he basically not an "character"

*Spoiler territory talk"

Doesn't endear me to him any more knowing he's a living plot device/exposition machine.

Betterman 10

A tasteful episode about rape worms, a broken marriage due to cowardice and possibly physical abuse, and a machine built to cater to sniffing fetishes that saved the day.

Make more and more. Sniff more and more.

fertygo

Doesn't endear me to him any more knowing he's a living plot device/exposition machine.

Well he's the final
angel

Instead he wrecking shit like generic final boss, he misguiding the protag

I thought its very effective, still shaking me if I rewatch that episode or SRW remind me.

mAcOdIn

Pretty much exactly why I hate Kaworu. No character at all, but he waves his magic yaoi fanservice wand and people instantly forgive the fact that he is less of a character than Rei.
So, he waves his penis around? I'm glad I haven't watched any of the new movies, phew.

CorvoSol

Well he's the final
angel

Instead he wrecking shit like generic final boss, he misguiding the protag

I thought its very effective, still shaking me if I rewatch that episode or SRW remind me.

All I remember about that episode is a long, dull, ten minutes of EVA 01
holding him in his fist before popping his head off.
There was a cool fight, but not cool enough to warrant that.

So, he waves his penis around? I'm glad I haven't watched any of the new movies, phew.

I wish, because then it'd at least be comical and entertaining. No, I'm afraid that when people say there's "homoerotic" stuff between Shinji and Kaworu in 3.0, it's the same as any other romance and emotional interaction Shinji has with anyone: extremely limited physical contact, long hours of awkward silence, cryptic dialogue and now added piano music!

It's almost 2 AM and I'm beat, though, so maybe lack of sleep is making me crankier about this than I ought to be. I'm just not a Kaworu fan.

Vision of Escaflowne 9

Hitominception takes place where Hitomi is having a vision of Vaan's past inside a vision of Vaan's past inside a memory of her recent past inside a feather that is sad and also an explanation provided by Vaan.

Princess Milurna is now worst girl, moving Merl up in the ranks for having never blurted out "Why can't you understand my love for Beautiful Sephiroth?!" at an utterly random and inappropriate point in a conversation with her sister. I'm beginning to feel for Dulandau, though, since poor guy come so damn close to killing Vaan repeatedly, only to be thwarted time and again by ridiculous circumstances.

And Mr. Mole is a legit horrifying character.

School Days 7 - 12 END

Wow, that was fucking crazy! A few episodes before 7 had some surprises, but after that, it became this roller coaster ride of emotions in an exaggerated high school setting. Somewhere along that ride, Makoto
becomes an irresistible womanizer that every chick in the school wants to get with and a lot of them do. This happens while he is still technically cheating on Kotonoha with Sekai. Along side that, the School Festival takes place where a bunch of the girls run a secret small scale love lounge within the school that gets plenty of use.

Revelations occur where the girls' lounge gets exposed, and other girls try to make their move on Makoto even when he's asleep. Kotonoha begins to lose her grip on life while continuously catching said girls make their moves on Makoto at the worst times.

Everything keeps escalating more and more as the situation gets worst. It all builds up to a glorious finale that had my jaw on the floor multiple times.
I was spoiled that Kotonoha cuts Makoto's head off long ago so I always assumed that she was the one who killed him. Boy, was I surprised when I saw what actually happened.

It was completely ridiculous, trashy, and overly dramatic in the best possible ways. I loved it.

Nice boat.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Blue.

googlelaws.jpg

The blur is the protect you from spoilers.

*user banned*
So I guess it's Monday again.

From what I've seen, the manga really only focuses on Polar Bear & Panda in their day-to-day escapades and characters like Mr. Penguin, Sasako, Handa e.t.c. are rarely seen. Sounds terrible, I know.
Wow. I know one shouldn't judge something they haven't read, but this sounds like a case where the anime has undoubtedly surpassed the manga. No Penguin all Panda. Goodness gracious me.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
All I remember about that episode is a long, dull, ten minutes of EVA 01
holding him in his fist before popping his head off.
There was a cool fight, but not cool enough to warrant that.
It's nowhere near ten minutes and, no, sorry, that cut is totally boss.

One Outs, nobody wins but I!

Lycaons vs BluMars final game. BluMars continues to cheat and steal Lycaons sign and no one, not even Tokuchi seemsd to know how their signs get stolen. They suspect a wiretap but its not there.

Tokuchi then uses sliding, this strategy works and they get many runs and decrease the gap. Tokuchi impresses everyone with his tactics...

until his plan is accidentally revealed...

Articalys

I actually can't remember the last time someone got banned for lewd in the anime thread -- I think it was for a Precure picture that went just a bit too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom