• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dunno if this was posted but it's not like I care.

tumblr_mlu83rlI951qavd02o1_250.gif
tumblr_mlu83rlI951qavd02o2_250.gif

tumblr_mlu83rlI951qavd02o5_500.gif

Moar @ http://peritian.tumblr.com/post/48895705871/this (some parts of that tumblr are NSFW)
Didn't you use one of them as your avatar for a while? One of their faces seemed familiar.

The siblings in the hot spring, yes.
ieWVVCIiAeNEm.png
ioagUBWQukpNB.png

No? It's kinda one of those mental blocks I have. I equate it with it being made at the time when anime was still being made for it's original target demographic.

If it's any balance, I haven't gotten beyond episode 1 of Cardcaptors either because there was something creepy about Sakura's crush.

I get it. She's competition.

Mr.Jeff

There's something creepy about a young girl liking one of her brother's friends?
The infatuation? Not at all. The way it was executed just made it feel slightly creepy.

That said, I last attempted to watch back when the first season of Full Metal Alchemist had recently finished airing and I had not long got into anime. I seen a lt of :cajun since then so perhaps a fresh watch would help.

Edit: Fuck, that was 9 years ago.

cajunator

Banned
No? It's kinda one of those mental blocks I have. I equate it with it being made at the time when anime was still being made for it's original target demographic.

If it's any balance, I haven't gotten beyond episode 1 of Cardcaptors either because there was something creepy about Sakura's crush.

Sailor moon is rather benign. Actually so is CCS. Sakura's crush is about as innocent as it gets really.

Articalys

Man, this thread really does get out of control sometimes.

------------------------------------------

edit: never mind it was photoshopped.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

I have no idea what sort of voting system was used for this, but the results are of vital importance:

Holy shit, step it up America.

edit: never mind it was photoshopped.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

WorldStar

Banned
Re-watching Slam Dunk.

Such a good anime.

While on the topic of sports anime, has anyone seen Big Windup?

I like baseball, so thought I'd check it out.

It's fine, and probably the least of my worries. Also it's not exactly a new concept since such things are possible.

Theonik

I have no idea what sort of voting system was used for this, but the results are of vital importance:
Only the US leaned towards team wrong it seems!
Edit: BOO

Glorious rotoscope future.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Stop whatever you are doing and watch Utena.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 9

What is with this show's mackerel obsession? Were the writers on a mackerel only diet or something? This episode takes it to the point of having the entire cast enjoy a giant feast of mackerel dishes (and of course, as they prepare to chow down, the mackerels wish them a good meal) while the ex-idol Blue sings a cheesy pop song about the joys of cooking mackerels.

"Glittering, sparkling, I found you
Your back all blue, could you be the one?
I roast you with salt!

Your sparkling blue I cover with peaches, mackerel,
I'll show you how serious I am, mackerel,
I look at you, put a spit through you, and roast you.
Mackerel, mackerel, am I in love with you?
Blue, blue, blue, blue, blue shining fish!"

I begin to feel like I have mackerels coming out of my ears. Of course, the second half of the episode showed the very serious consequences of mackerel overdose.

A9yzq2D.jpg

And it gets worse. But, thanks to the new ED sequence, there was still some eye candy!

Pm6CztK.jpg

This is a weird show.

Hayate Cuties 4 or why am I not watching Cardcaptor Sakura

For plot and characters.

Also Isumi trolling. I don't recall who was getting covered in the exact order, but I probably won't have to worry about this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom