• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

I can't really contribute much to this discussion but I always found it really interesting the way the eyes always appeared to be the most significant focus of the faces in Noein. I really that sounds like a rather redundant statement to make but stil....

The eyes bring the characterisation. Consider the fact that, for instance, Karasu and (spoilers for a fairly major plot moment in the midsts of the series)
Noein
essentially have the same faces, except one character has narrow eyes and the others are wide and mad...

Cardcaptor Sakura 2

2JErO.jpg
2JEC2.jpg

Last night was not a dream, you are a mahou shoujo!

We see more of Tomoyo and learn about her hobbies, which is filming Sakura. TALK ABOUT UNDERTONES.

She's right you know, you need yourself a pose. She provides you with clothes even! She's showing her love for you, although it is creepy, but they're grade schoolers! It's A-Okay.

Reminiscing for a bit, in the crime against humanity that was the Dub, I don't think Tomoyo even existed, and I can see why when 4kids had their awful hands on it.

Anyway, it's nice to know that her friend will be useful, I can't wait for more undertones to appear.

Costume of the week: A bit risque for her age.

They only hire cute/handsome models for their seyuus, don't they? I feel bad for someone in Japan who isn't that beatiful.

I thought theres seasoned citizens as VA's. Seems like a lot required to be one, needs to be able to sing so one can get cds and character songs, look good to be at events (if in an idol or otome anime)...etc.

I wouldnt mind going to see Starish live...Syo.

Mawaru Penguindrum 24 (END)

This was a really touching ending and I'm glad I went back to this show after leaving it at the half-way point for so long. I really enjoyed the characters in this show since a lot were eccentric as fuck and I wasn't expecting so much weird nonsense. Their relationships with each other were all really touching as well,
even/especially the Takakura's when none of them are blood-related
. Great show, would definitely rock n' roll fight again someday.

It's been ages, but she never really stuck out, so I was surprised when seeing her in fan art and stuff.

Just goes to show how much I shoved out of my head for it.

One Outs, nobody wins but I! fin

Last episode, Lycaons win their final preparation games against BluMars with 2-1. It ended before the tournament has even started... Its unfortunate because it was awesome. If you love Death Note and wanna see a genious mindfuck his opponents, watch this anime. Baseball is the genre but its really about mindgames. A point of critique: do they have 3 preparation games against each opponent in baseball? That kinda sucked, having the protagonists play against the same opponents multiple times dragged on. Another minor complaint is the nature of the One Outs contract, iits far more beneficial for the owner to have his team win than them lose just to have Tokuchi accumulate debt.

7/10, highly recommended. Watch this if you like psychological anime, Tokuchi Toua is supa cool.

Kurita

One Outs, nobody wins but I! fin

Last episode, Lycaons win their final preparation games against BluMars with 2-1. It ended before the tournament has even started... Its unfortunate because it was awesome. If you love Death Note and wanna see a genious mindfuck his opponents, watch this anime. Baseball is the genre but its really about mindgames. A point of critique: do they have 3 preparation games against each opponent in baseball? That kinda sucked, having the protagonists play against the same opponents multiple times dragged on. Another minor complaint is the nature of the One Outs contract, iits far more beneficial for the owner to have his team win than them lose just to have Tokuchi accumulate debt.

7/10, highly recommended. Watch this if you like psychological anime, Tokuchi Toua is supa cool.

Check Liar Game by the same author if you like mindgames and whatnot. There's no anime though.

Check Liar Game by the same author if you like mindgames and whatnot. There's no anime though.

I will, I reckon it'll get animated once the manga is finished. But they did animate One Outs towards the end, its a shame they haven't made a 2nd season. Perhaps it wasn't popular enough.

Well this isnt as emotionally devastated a reaction as people like to see from this show but it will do. A pity you kind of knew what was going to happen.
Less emotionally devastated, more completely dumbfounded at what I was watching. It still got a big response out of me, but I can see how some people would feel devastated.

Exactly 7 days for the big announcement:
cover_new-project.png

Finally, it's happening!

Kurita

I will, I reckon it'll get animated once the manga is finished. But they did animate One Outs towards the end, its a shame they haven't made a 2nd season. Perhaps it wasn't popular enough.

It got a (good) drama adaptation so I'm not sure they'll bother with an anime now. But who knows!

Uweehcaptor Sakura 3

I want to swim with Pengies too ._.

Today with tactics. Sakura made hot cakes for her man, and got rewarded with a date.

Well this was utterly adorable. Her man even solved her problem without knowing what it is.

I'm jealous of her bro, he worked with penguins D:

cajunator

Banned
Arjuna the life student 06

You know that crazy fucking math teacher you had back in high school? you should follow him to his place so he can teach you life lessons. Its easier that way.
Oh yeah and all your classmates contain evil spirits and stuff. Be aware of that too.

Guess I should have a defibrillator handy when I get around to watching this. Which I intend to.

Yes you might want to consider having one on standby.

50+ episodes of Hidamari Sketch should have strengthened my heart, but it may have just weakened it. Either way I'm getting through this dead or alive.

It prepared you more than you realize, but this will still test your endurance to the very limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom