• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHAT THE .....

Arjuna 8-

How the hell does spiritual powers that come from nature allow you to manipulate telephone services? I really can't emphasize enough how damn preachy this show is. Hey kids, if you reduce your food intake, we can solve world hunger. So stop being an asshole and think of the starving children in Africa. I'm also still not sure whether that boyfriend is intentionally flirting with Sayori or he's too dense. The one standout thing from this show though, is the soundtrack.

The next episode will prove to be intresting :)

cajunator

Banned
Ohhhh god. WARN ME FIRST!

Isn't this his avatar?

My avatar combines these two:

Komugi Nakahara
OFFljHN.jpg

Mew Ichigo

cajunator

Banned
Can we? Because I've been meaning to find a good classy replacement for this:

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something but I'm really not seeing it. Outside of the opening pose everything is completely different and even then the cuts of that pose are handled too differently to be called an homage.

Here is the Madoka OP for comparison, sorry the audio quality is so terrible but it was the only one I could find quickly.

I guess I'm mostly disappointed that your comment had my hopes up for hilariously random nude self-symmetrical docking.

Also am I crazy for thinking the CCS OP1 is better than OP3? I've never watched the show so maybe I'm missing something meaninful in OP3. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for fun flying scenes and have a distaste for the whole monochrome bodies going opposite directions at the edges of the screen, is there a name for that btw? Seems like it's common enough that there should be some trope for it or something.

Platinum is really good but Catch You Catch me is absolute perfection. It has no flaws.

Also, why is Kino in a telephone booth in the middle of nowhere?

cajunator

Banned
I also found this some time ago:

I've seen more cosplays of Ichigo than I have of Ichigo, but I'll watch Tokyo Mew Mew soon enough.

Ohhh thats a good one!

Also Tokyo Mew Mew is alright. Its super cute and silly and a lot like Precure but with some save the earth stuff preached to you.

Ohhh thats a good one!

Also Tokyo Mew Mew is alright. Its super cute and silly and a lot like Precure but with some save the earth stuff preached to you.

I'm trying to get into mahou shoujos little by little, but before today I've seen pretty much no traditional ones since I assumed they were nothing like the cool parts of Nanoha or Madoka.

cajunator

Banned
I'm trying to get into mahou shoujos little by little, but before today I've seen pretty much no traditional ones since I assumed they were nothing like the cool parts of Nanoha or Madoka.

Tokyo Mew Mew is probably the second cutest mahou shoujo behind Cardcaptor Sakura. Well Ojamajo Doremi and Fushigiboshi no Futago Hime exist....hmm...
OK maybe fourth.

Well here is a comparison of the two.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...h?v=zMI3rY2hvAU&start2=&authorName=Comparison

The opening bit is pretty clearly a homage.

Yeah but your original comment made me think the WHOLE OP was modeled after the CCS one which to be fair is most likely a misreading on my part. But limited to that opening bit I'm still 50/50 about it. Why add in all the quick cuts and zoom ins to madoka? Why change the direction and color of the abstract bubbles? Why throw in a random forest background? I guess I'm just used to more direct homages, I blame Tarantino.

Also, why is Kino in a telephone booth in the middle of nowhere?

Because ANIME! That or it's really hot and that was the only shade she had, hence the coat over head bit. Really if that random phone booth appeared in the show it wouldn't feel out of place at all to me. It's hard to say why but I keep coming back to using this wallpaper, I can't say there's anything special about the composition or setting but it just really works for me.

Cardcaptor Sakura 5

Was actually going to end it off with episode 4, but I didn't want to continue where I left off of Suite Precure (episode 5) yet.

Hearing the sad tale of Miss Maki, and then elementary school students are ON THE CASE of the Mystery Plush toy.

Costume design of the week: I like it. Not as creepy at least.

Side note: That one girl has a lot of plushies... and I never figured out who Rika was. I need to give her an earful.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah but your original comment made me think the WHOLE OP was modeled after the CCS one which to be fair is most likely a misreading on my part. But limited to that opening bit I'm still 50/50 about it. Why add in all the quick cuts and zoom ins to madoka? Why change the direction and color of the abstract bubbles? Why throw in a random forest background? I guess I'm just used to more direct homages, I blame Tarantino.

Because ANIME! That or it's really hot and that was the only shade she had, hence the coat over head bit. Really if that random phone booth appeared in the show it wouldn't feel out of place at all to me. It's hard to say why but I keep coming back to using this wallpaper, I can't say there's anything special about the composition or setting but it just really works for me.

because anime is always a good excuse, but it does look a bit funny.
Kinos journey is one of the best anime of all time though so any wallpaper of it is a welcomed sight.

cajunator

Banned
Earth Girl this show is kind of messed up 09

What the fuck? I cant either.

They actually went there. wow.
This show doesn't fuck around.

Doki doki Precure 13

AMAZING
1365201454277.gif

Finally things start to change.

So first , Regina . She displayed an impressive show of selfishness and she may become an awesome character whenever they keep her this way or not. This should provide a nice set of episodes in the future.

Then the episode.
Since episode 3 i'm saying it .Cure rosetta is quite broken in term of specs .. and now they are removing her only drawback, her only weakness thanks to friendship, teamwork and "bonds". I should complain but i won't because it just show how perfectly carfted Cure heart harem is. I can't wait to see more.
DokiDokiPrecure_13_01.jpg
DokiDokiPrecure_13_02.jpg

Take that! i don't have weakness anymore ! i'm going to kick your ass and i'm not even going all out !

This is funny since even the bad guys thought that she was a pathetic cure like cure mint from yes precure that only knew how to make barriers.

Cure rosetta then comes and start show off her beautifull suite of skills , including : palm strikes, side dashes and evade dashes and break-free skills , concluding beautifully with a "Take this" in the face with a barrier even !! ( the irony ) since she is vastly stronger without those ..that much is now obvious. She nerf her own skills , but this time , she is in "control"..

This is beautifull.

Cure rosetta , you're great . Don't change you're near perfect.

And why the hell do they need a tennis match to determine a winner for a rose contest ?Did i miss a common sense explanation or something ?

Episode was awesome :

8.5/10

Syrinx

Seto no Hanayome (My Bride is a Mermaid) 1

Don't ask why I just watched this. I've been doing homework and studying and shit most of the day (finals coming up), and I was exhausted and needed something I thought was mindless and lighthearted to watch. But that really doesn't matter, cause I'm not sure I'm going to watch any more, because this was kinda awful. Kinda real awful. Mobster mermaids. Seriously. This kid is fucking stupid and his parents fucking suck, and the subs of the mermaids are filled with this weird slang filled with "ya" and "yer" and shit.

If nothing else, I learned the phrase "fappy bastard". I will use this at every oppurtunity.

Don't ask why I just watched this. I've been doing homework and studying and shit most of the day (finals coming up), and I was exhausted and needed something I thought was mindless and lighthearted to watch. But that really doesn't matter, cause I'm not sure I'm going to watch any more, because this was kinda awful. Kinda real awful. Mobster mermaids. Seriously. This kid is fucking stupid and his parents fucking suck, and the subs of the mermaids are filled with this weird slang filled with "ya" and "yer" and shit.

If nothing else, I learned the phrase "fappy bastard". I will use this at every oppurtunity.

No don't stop ! First episode is weird , but you'll see in the rest of the episode that it's actually an excellent comedy . Give it more time !

It's a terribly unfunny show. I hated it too. It's 15 minutes of people screaming at each other per episode.

Syrinx

No don't stop ! First episode is weird , but you'll see in the rest of the episode that it's actually an excellent comedy . Give it more time !

I may give it one or two episodes to pick up, but I don't feel like giving this show the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, this Arjuna show sure sounds like something...

Jarmel

Banned

Seto is one of my favorite comedy anime right up there with Fumoffu. Balls to the wall insane and has a good amount of GAR too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom