• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is, more people need to watch it! I'm sad that no one else wants to share awesome wallpaper's though. Don't you want to share high res cute goodness with everyone cajun? You know you do!

My wallpaper is just something someone made from fanart, but I love it.

irVtJvJQNTHfN.jpg

I'm surprised I've kept a video game wallpaper for so long when I watch far more anime than I play games.

Articalys

Okay, it looks like ANN also found that article I posted yesterday and delivered a more comprehensive translation of it:
A television anime about the adolescence and friendship of high school boys in Sabae City is now in the works at TOHO and other companies. The anime will premiere in October.

According to TOHO, the story is the coming-of-age of high school boys, living in a rural area, who create friendships at school. (Sabae is a city in the western Japanese prefecture of Fukui.) Six members of the anime's staff visited the city and observed the city's eyeglasses shops and main shopping district for research on Sunday. The television series will incorporate much of what the region is famous for, including its world-renowned eyeglasses, Nishiyama Park, and local cuisine.

Defuser

Team Idolmaster
Team Ohana/Nako/Minchi.
Team Anaru/Menma.
Team Madoka/Ran/Muginami.
Team Kanna/Ichika.
Team Mashiro/Nanami
Team Emi/Chiho.

Each of these sub arguments have been enjoyable especially Team Kanna/Ichika.

jgminto

But this had to have been the third fucking Team Emi vs. Team Whoever thing today. At some point you guys just need to give it a rest.

I'm going to bed. If you're angry at my crankiness, blame homework and Mest.

#TeamChiho is a universal constant, like gravity or fast food pizza being better than boxed pizza.

Team Idolmaster
Team Ohana/Nako/Minchi.
Team Anaru/Menma.
Team Kanna/Ichika.
Team Mashiro/Nanami
Team Emi/Chiho.

I can understand having favorites, but I sure hope nobody disliked any of the main characters. They've got something for everyone:

Lan has the best butt and smallest chest (my team obviously)
Madoka has a modest chest and butt while being super genki
Muginami has her muginamis.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Articalys: the power to bring AnimeGAF saimoe into being is still in your hands. Think about the terrifying power you could singlehandedly wield over this thread.

wonzo

Banned
Team Idolmaster
Team Ohana/Nako/Minchi.
Team Anaru/Menma.
Team Kanna/Ichika.
Team Mashiro/Nanami
Team Emi/Chiho.

kotori
minchi
poppo
lan
lemon
the teacher
emi

100% accurate list of good taste. check it nerds

Jarmel

Banned
Arjuna 11-

iOtn3wPuSMKAJ.gif

So this is what an international twat block looks like. Look at that troll face, she knows what she did. Sayuri's a freak too, gonna try and get it on with her siblings still in the house.

Yea I don't even know where to begin with that scene.

My wallpaper is just something someone made from fanart, but I love it.

I'm surprised I've kept a video game wallpaper for so long when I watch far more anime than I play games.

Persona is practically anime anyway, already two shows from the games at least. Plus I hear she's gonna be in the upcoming movie so it's gonna be an anime wallpaper eventually.

Mine is just this crappy thing I made from screencaps. It's probably not very good.

At least you made something as a fan. I and a lot of other lazy people created absolute nothing, plus I can't say I'd do much better if I tried anyway.

That does remind me that I should get around to watching wide face. I like most of shaft's work and love SoL but for some reason never got around to it. But damn, I wanted a palette cleanser after watching so much heartcatch before watching anymore cute and colorful. hmm.

That does remind me that I should get around to watching wide face. I like most of shaft's work and love SoL but for some reason never got around to it. But damn, I wanted a palette cleanser after watching so much heartcatch before watching anymore cute and colorful. hmm.

I'm obviously biased, but yes do this right now. It's my favorite SOL along with K-ON and should be enjoyed by all.

K-ON!! 20

S-shut up...I'm just sweating from my eyes, that's all...

;___;

There was a gigantic dust storm centralized in my room when that aired, what a coincidence!

;_;

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 29

Captain Bright Noa could and would kill you dead if you ever lied to him. BELIEVE IT. Also stuff about gas attacks and dammit, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Kamile is freaking cool. Him and the Zeta Gundam have like, ten times the cool hero points than the entire casts of AGE and 00 combined. Slow as the show feels sometimes, more still happens than in Rah Incestphon, too.

wonzo

Banned
Girls und Panzer OVA 2-4

moetanksova2.jpg

Monty Python references, a surprisingly in-depth discussion about why they're on massive fucking ships and the classic anglerfish dance. What more could you possibly want???
a new season :(

Thank you for collecting their episode 9 impressions. It saves me the trouble of looking and I can go back to bed content.
It always warms the heart to see new disciples of the mountain.

CorvoSol

Azuyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawnga Daioh 19

The god damn yawning episode. Even now I can't stop. Anyway, in this episode, Minamo's mom wants her to do an arranged marriage, and she's seriously considering it. The reason Minamo and Yukari aren't married is because they're totally lesbians for each other. I don't know why I never saw this before, but it's pretty obvious. Which means of course that Yomi is doomed to be with Tomo forever.

Speaking of Yomi, her English notes are a frickin' mess.

And Sakaki is pondering the meaning of Freedom. Silly Sakaki, as a 'Murican, you should know that Freedom means 'Murica.

sleepykyo

8pcqprMl.jpg

Damn you guys and your love for big boobs.

Edit: Fuck! It's fake?!

Real better be Emi. Wait, screw that. The whole overlooking the mass slaughter thing into romance really should be grudging tolerance. Boobzilla it is.

Please tell me US didn't go that far in favor of creationism.

Articalys

The Gonzo-animated, Yoshida-written Kimi no Iru Machi anime is confirmed to begin this summer. Interestingly, two of the characters it mentions the seiyuu for on that color page don't show up until quite a ways into the series, in fact they debut shortly after the point where the OVA left off... does this mean that's where the TV series will begin instead of starting over from the first chapter?

Conan-san

I may give it one or two episodes to pick up, but I don't feel like giving this show the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, this Arjuna show sure sounds like something...
If you drop Seto for Arjuna I swear to whatever ethereal entities that may exist that I will find you and I will punch you in the soul.

And then the balls/boobs depending on the obvious.

CorvoSol

Vision of Escaflowne 11

Callin' it now: Cid is totally Beautiful Sephiroth's lovechild with Princess Milbalbabalba's older sister, Princess Mcbalbalabalbalbalblbla. Anyway there was a LOT of butts in this episode. Doppleganger butt, the butt of Dhalsim. Butts. Lots of butts. I think Merl's butt, too.

SO MANY BUTTS.

Articalys

Evangelion 2.22 was released on May 26, 2010. In its first five days, it sold just over 640,000 copies on Blu-ray and DVD combined.

Certainly, a lot has changed since then in the anime market landscape, but how will Evangelion 3.33 fare? Time to find out.

edit: it looks like the answer is 312,842 on Blu-ray, and 120,826 on DVD, for a grand total of 433,668.

By the way, since there were ten billion things that were released last week, the Blu-ray cutoff for the top sales is an astounding 5,024, so don't expect many numbers until the full list later in the week.

wonzo

Banned
Musashi GUNDOH 3

Ahh yes, this truly is a trip down memory lane but this time I can actually understand what's going on!

gundoh3j.jpg

Neat, I wonder where she keeps the wireless remote.

gundoh3k.jpg

Well, that and really poorly superimposed lineart:

gundoh3l.jpg
gundoh3m.jpg
gundoh3n.jpg

See what I mean? If ain't gonna kill you then at the very least it'll just end up debilitating you instead!

gundoh3o.jpg

If this isn't an accurate visual portrayal of just what the audience is experiencing when watching this then I just don't know what is.

gundoh3p.jpg

"Oh no! These squiggly lines are getting in the way of our poorly drawn art!!!"

If there's one thing I took from this episode, it's that the really bad dance I giffed ages ago is actually some super secret ritual passed down from Gundoh master to Gundoh master. Monkey Punch sure do know how to create such breathtakingly amazing stories.

Pooya

Evangelion 2.22 was released on May 26, 2010. In its first five days, it sold just over 640,000 copies on Blu-ray and DVD combined.

Certainly, a lot has changed since then in the anime market landscape, but how will Evangelion 3.33 fare? Time to find out.

edit: it looks like the answer is 312,842 on Blu-ray, and 120,826 on DVD, for a grand total of 433,668.

I guess people didn't like it as much in theaters... :bomba

CorvoSol

Well, personally, no. Nagasumi isn't an up and out prick like Ataru was.

Also the number of sharks suplexed by Araru is lacking in comparison.

When there are trains suplexed, we can talk.

Code Golbez 7

LOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The King of England is the most hilariously douchebag parent I have ever met. He's not nearly as evil as Gendo Ikari, and I doubt he'll ever be as heart breaking as
Andrei Kalinin
, but in ten seconds flat he just outstripped Patrick Zala.

LOLOLOLOLO WHAT A DOUCHE AND ALL BEFORE THE OP.

Suzaku looks WAY more European than Lelouch, what with his brown hair and green eyes. OH GOD I HATE THE SCIENTIST. Question: Is Viceroy even a British office? I was under the impression it was not. OH PIZZA HUT ERRYBODY TAKE A SHOT. CHEESE-KUN WANTS YOU TO.

I can't actually say that I think that having all of your heirs at each other's throats is really a thing that would keep your country strong. Just kinda seems like a bad idea to me. In-fighting that useful?

Oh shi-this show just dropped the term "Suzerain State." I didn't even know anime had to do the same homework I have to do. Why the eff does Lelouch leave his damn phone on during an operation? That's a rookie mistake. Oh, and Suzaku is totally mackin' on red-headed chick.

AND he didn't bring his mask? AMATEUR. What kind of Golbez do you think you are?

Articalys

Weekly Sales April 22-28

Blu-ray
*1, 312,842 312,842 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
*2, *28,410 *28,410 Girls und Panzer vol.4
*3, *21,849 *21,849 Sword Art Online vol.7 Limited Edition
*4, *15,249 *15,249 Love Live! School Idol Project vol.2 Limited Edition
*5, *13,457 *13,457 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.4 Limited Edition
*6, *13,416 *13,416 Macross FB7: Ginga Rukon - Ore no Uta wo Kike! Limited Edition
*7, **7,453 **7,453 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 6 - Road to Ninja Limited Edition
*8, **7,309 **7,309 Hyouka vol.11 Limited Edition
*9, **7,289 **7,289 Little Busters! vol.5 Limited Edition
10, **6,981 **6,981 To LoveRu Darkness vol.5 Limited Edition
11, **5,515 **5,515 Vividred Operation vol.2 Limited Edition
12, **5,024 **5,024 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb vol.5 Limited Edition

Many, many, many more BD sales numbers on Thursday.

DVD
*1, 120,826 120,826 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
*2, *12,925 *12,925 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 6 - Road to Ninja Limited Edition
*3, **7,435 **7,435 Gintama': Enchousen vol.3 Limited Edition
*4, **7,097 **7,097 New Prince of Tennis vol.7
*5, **6,276 **6,276 Hetalia: The Beautiful World vol.1 Limited Edition
*6, **4,866 **4,866 Sword Art Online vol.7 Limited Edition
*7, **3,126 **3,126 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.4 Limited Edition
*8, **2,537 **2,537 Magi vol.5 Limited Edition
*9, **2,314 **2,314 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 6 - Road to Ninja Standard Edition
10, **2,254 **2,254 Amnesia vol.2 Limited Edition
11, **2,129 **2,129 Macross FB7: Ginga Rukon - Ore no Uta wo Kike!
12, **1,951 **1,951 To LoveRu Darkness vol.5 Limited Edition
13, **1,776 **1,776 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun DVD Box vol.2
14, **1,748 **1,748 Toaru Kagaku no Railgun DVD Box vol.1
15, **1,541 **1,541 Girls und Panzer vol.4
16, **1,438 **1,438 Little Busters! vol.5 Limited Edition
17, **1,191 **1,191 Cuticle Tantei Inaba vol.2
18, **1,068 **1,068 Hyouka vol.11 Limited Edition
19, **1,061 **1,061 Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke vol.2 Limited Edition
20, **1,004 **1,004 Senyuu. vol.1
21, ***,990 ***,990 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb vol.5 Limited Edition
22, ***,987 *58,945 MS Gundam UC vol.6
23, ***,919 ***,919 Shirokuma Cafe vol.10
24, ***,838 ***,838 Hiiro no Kakera 2nd season vol.4
25, ***,833 ***,833 Vividred Operation vol.2 Limited Edition
26, ***,727 ***,727 Hakkenden vol.2
27, ***,689 ***,689 Smile Precure! vol.13
29, ***,669 **8,760 Initial-D Fifth Stage vo.4
30, ***,662 ***,662 Smile Precure! vol.14

As always, first volume debuts are bolded.

OK, I need to vent about my disappointment with Evangelion 3.33.
After loving the first 2 I wasn't expecting them to drop the ball like this. Maybe it's just me but I had a ton of issues with this one and as a huge fan of the original series I thought the previous 2 movies were perfect.

The movie is too focused on Shinji, the other characters barely got any screen time. I hate this new Misato, I always loved that lighthearted side of her. Speaking of which, the tone of the movie is too serious, there are none of those lighthearted, funny moments the series always did so well. I also didn't like how it looked most of the time, most scenes are too dark and devoid of color. Overall I guess they tried to convey a depressive atmosphere but they lost all of the franchise's charm and charisma in the process imo.
Action scenes aren't as impressive as the ones in the previous movies.
That Eva 2/8 hybrid they showed in the preview of the fourth movie looked ridiculous.
This franchise seems to be doomed to lose the plot after that point in the story. I was expecting this to be so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom