• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

ibwyAhvvJ0fEOP.jpg
ibwpaITZmnincB.jpg

They just wanted to create ART.

Dresden

top tier:

gargantia
aku no hana

enjoyable tier:
SNAFU
hataraku maou-sama
yuyushiki
attack on titan
muromi-san
railgun s

shit i'm dropping soon tier:
devil survivor 2
valvrave

kpjolee

A quick reverse google image search shows the author of Oreimo, as I expected.

By the way, apparently one of the stations with a later Oreimo broadcast ended up with a severe case of sunbeams in episode 4.

Heh, lol. Got confused with Aku no Hana mangaka.

duckroll

Pacifism tier:
Gargantia
Yuyushiki

Om nom nom tier:
Attack on Titan
Valvrave

Zeo Gravity tier:
Majestic Prince

2Roto4Me tier:
Aku no Hana

Airi Needs To Show Up tier:
Devil Survivor 2

What about the Phantom Troupe in HxH? I guess they kind of have a tragic backstory, but some of the shit they do is despicable. One of the few villains to make me legitimately angry in my adult life.

7Th

AOTY:
Aikatsu, you katsu, we katsu

Watching:
Lesbian Puppets
Teen Titans
Dumb Mermaids
Harem Precure
Jewelpet CAPITALISM
Mariya Ise
SENMETSU
WAIFU WARS and fast-food

Dropping:
Vulva Rave

Jarmel

Banned
Didn't they give him
a tragic ending with him remembering his dead waifu or something like that?

I can't remember but I don't think that would qualify though under backstory as that still doesn't provide a reason or motivation for the character to act the way he does.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What about the Phantom Troupe in HxH? I guess they kind of have a tragic backstory, but some of the shit they do is despicable. One of the few villains to make me legitimately angry in my adult life.

Is Meteor City supposed to be Detroit? lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That's their pedigree:

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/78382/Gurren-Lagann-Countdown/#78382

http://gurren-lagann.livejournal.com/341612.html

This last part of the quotation above reminds me that we will probably have to wait for a regular and standalone digital disc release of Little Witch Academia... I hope Masahiko Ōtsuka can make it reality!
Bless them.
I've been listening the the Heartcatch Precure OP for an hour.

This is your fault Regulus.
HAATOCATCH PURIKYUA SAA MINNA DE~

Tiering in current terms of Awesome:
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.
- Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000%
- Karneval
- Hataraku Maou-sama!
- Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. Z
- Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
- RDG: Red Data Girl

I have no idea where this will go:
- Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.

Still waiting for my husbandos to show up:
- Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Sometimes I forget I'm even watching these at all:
- Hetalia: The Beautiful World
- Line Offline: Salaryman
- Blood Type Moe That I Don't Remember The Name To
- Cyclops Shoujo Saipuu

Sugita's in it so I gotta keep watching now:
- Aiura

Oh, might as well say what I actually dropped:
- Yuyushiki

I guess Frieza & Cell have no tragic backstory....then again, Frieza has no backstory outside of killing Saiyans.

Going back to Dragon Ball, there's Tao Pai Pai, and like Frieza later, was brought back as a cyborg and pretty much tossed aside fairly quickly just to show how much stronger the characters are now.

MikeMyers

Going back to Dragon Ball, there's Tao Pai Pai, and like Frieza later, was brought back as a cyborg and pretty much tossed aside fairly quickly just to show how much stronger the characters are now.

The rivals got that treatment too, although I guess it was better handeled in Z as Piccolo and Vegeta are pretty omnipresent even when outclassed.

What about King Piccolo? Dude was literally pure evil.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Karneval 4
http://24.media.tumblr.com/cb46150df0f70fe2cef4e4834f317009/tumblr_mm3xd8P1kg1qc664eo1_500.jpg

The episode was so good for Gareki and Yogi. I didnt think Yogi would get all that emotionally into it but it was so well done. Two hug scenes was quite pleasing and memorable and then Nai there too. The bed scene also was excellent touch. So glad Gareki was in the middle and not on the ends. Still lean towards him and Yogi a bit more than Nai. Though I guess there was plot...
Didnt expect that the one doing the killing was the brother, pretty sad that they were used as experimental subjects previous and now will most likely die from it since theres no cure. Poor Gareki considering he grew up with them for a bit. For Karoku stuff, why the interest in Gareki, wished a bit more was spent on that though.

So, Karneval did end up being all about the man lust?

On the topic of not killing villains, Oda said he considers crushing their dreams a worse punishment than death. Makes sense when the series is pretty much about fulfilling dreams in the first place.
I know this makes sense in the One Piece world and for kids, but it's so ridiculous in any other context.

Is Hanasaku Iroha any good? I remember seeing a thread on it a while back but no one really talks about it anymore. Is it worth watching?
This is the show that made me realize that Okada is the cancer that ruins everything original that she works on.

AOTY:
Aikatsu, you katsu, we katsu

Watching:
Lesbian Puppets
Teen Titans
Dumb Mermaids
Harem Precure
Jewelpet CAPITALISM
Mariya Ise
SENMETSU
WAIFU WARS and fast-food

Dropping: