• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no true evil "villains" in One Piece so why kill them?

You sound caught up, so you know that's not true.

Huh?

Arlong, Spandam, Enel, Crocodile, Wapol, all the world nobles and plenty of other villains from One Piece are really despicable.

At least some of them are justified for acting the way they do. However, there are definitely complete monster villains that are straight up evil like Hody.

kpjolee

Absolutely. It's a very good show.

Huh?

Arlong, Spandam, Enel, Crocodile, Wapol, all the world nobles and plenty of other villains from One Piece are really despicable.

Not in the traditional sense of a way. They either become comic relief or comes back in not so evil kind of way and even become temporary ally at some point.

Jex

Oh, so we're ranking shows again?

Aku no Hana
Gargantia
Attack on Titan
Muromi San
Valvrave
Azazel-San Z

Now you might be wondering, but you aren't, why I use a mix of English and Japanese titles? The answer is: I tend to use whichever one I happen to remember.

Jarmel

Banned
So, Episode 39 of Eureka 7. Random soccer episode out of nowhere. Either way, 10 episodes to go. This should be fun...

I remember hating that episode the first time I saw it but supposedly there are a number of people that like it as it serves as a breather.

Jarmel

Banned
Doesn't sound like a very realistic depiction of pirates then.

Oda needs to visit Somalia for a year.

somali_piratesmontage.jpg

Was my guess close?

Nah.

The captain of his crew was enslaved by humans and the guy died hating them despite bringing a little girl back to her village and then getting shot by the marines.

Doesn't sound like a very realistic depiction of pirates then.

It's not true though. In fact, most of the pirate crews are relatively close to real pirates in how villainous they are. There are just a few anomalies like the Strawhats and Shanks' crew.

Sounds like other dude will get explained sometime down the line if the pattern holds!

Nope, we got his full backstory there. In fact, the "wham" line of the arc
after being asked "what did humans ever do to you?" was "absolutely nothing." It was just racism born from seeing the hatred of other fishman.

Narag

Nope, we got his full backstory there. In fact, the "wham" line of the arc
after being asked "what did humans ever do to you?" was "absolutely nothing." It was just racism born from seeing the hatred of other fishman.

That's pretty awesome. No bullshitting around.

Having personal justifications for your actions and being 'evil' aren't really contradictory. Good villains will generally have some reason for acting the way they do, rather than just being evil for the sake of it.

You can still be 'evil' even if there are reasons that lead to you acting the way you do.

Mr.Jeff

There's no such thing as a "worst Hidamari", only the least good. Also, stop bullying Natsume!
While I can almost agree with this, part of me just really doesn't like Sae. I'm not bullying Natsume! I like her but she has unrequited love for the least best Hidamari. Every other character in the show is amazing though with Miya being top rank naturally.

Articalys

Listening to the fantastic Space Brothers OST again, and it makes me wonder -- what other shows have a more "orchestral" soundtrack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom