• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been moving exceptionally fast the past few days, we will need an OT2 that gets to like 1,500 posts lol

Still this is slower then a few seasons back which was like 3 and a half OT season. Was nuts.

And then thankfully, things slowed down significantly.

Now someone is messing up the New Order.

Might as well find my bone.

javac

Looking back, I watched some good stuff during the last month or two. DYRL, Flashback 2012, City Hunter, Gunsmith Cats, even weird shit like Twilight Q.

Basically, everything was almost 10/10. Destroying that backlog...apart from the fact that I always add more to the pile once I finish one thing...Really getting into an 80's/90's weird OVA vibe recently.

Looking back, I watched some good stuff during the last month or two. DYRL, Flashback 2012, City Hunter, Gunsmith Cats, even weird shit like Twilight Q.

Basically, everything was almost 10/10. Destroying that backlog...apart from the fact that I always add more to the pile once I finish one thing...Really getting into an 80's/90's weird OVA vibe recently.

I'm still waiting for you to go to bed.

When did anime become a drug for you?

javac

I'm still waiting for you to go to bed.

When did anime become a drug for you?

I'm not going to sleep now, I need to reset my sleeping pattern so this shit never happens again. I actually got out of the loop with anime for many years, but a few years back I got ahold of the Big O BD after it piqued my interest on Toonami when I was a kid and pondered about getting it one day and enjoyed the first half a lot, second half wasn't too bad. Just started watching more shit I guess.

phaze

104583-community-troy19s1v.gif

Apt as never before.

Isn't that the twitter account?

Their sarcasm detectors are kinda broken though !

I'm not going to sleep now, I need to reset my sleeping pattern so this shit never happens again. I actually got out of the loop with anime for many years, but a few years back I got ahold of the Big O BD after it piqued my interest on Toonami when I was a kid and pondered about getting it one day and enjoyed the first half a lot, second half wasn't too bad. Just started watching more shit I guess.

That's how interest always comes back from what I've noticed.

Go get a Red Bull.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Attempting to reset your sleep cycle through sleep deprivation is a bad idea anyway. Just get some rest, go buy a bottle of melatonin pills, and take one an hour or two before your desired bedtime every night for however many weeks it takes until you naturally become tired at that time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Attempting to reset your sleep cycle through sleep deprivation is a bad idea anyway. Just get some rest, go buy a bottle of melatonin pills, and take one an hour or two before your desired bedtime every night for however many weeks it takes until you naturally become tired at that time.

I don't know, sounds like a lot of work.

Sleep deprivation takes a day to do its job. And you get a full 24 hours of anime out of it.

Taking drugs for weeks is a horribly inefficient way to change your sleep cycle. But I work overnight, so what do I know about normal sleeping schedules.

Jintor

just going to bed earlier usually works for me but that's because i usually run up a large sleep debt over a week i need to discharge at some point

Sleep deprivation takes a day to do its job. And you get a full 24 hours of anime out of it.

You can also die if you misappropriate it.

Taking drugs for weeks is a horribly inefficient way to change your sleep cycle. But I work overnight, so what do I know about normal sleeping schedules.

Well given the shit I was fed, melatonins is some natural shit or something.

Granted I'm not really fond of over-relying on drugs myself. Especially Metformin. That is something I definitely can't take while at work.

javac

if you're not going to sleep, at least go get some caffine in ya
I've got a Pepsi can here, that's all I've got.
That's how interest always comes back from what I've noticed.
I mean, I wasn't totally out of tune in the sense that I was still quietly accumulating a backlog, but yeah it was all just old stuff, and I wasn't watching anything at the time and even now I don't keep up with new releases, at least until they're done. An example being Space Dandy, my BD should be here in a few days. I guess the most recent thing I watched was KLK, bought into the hype, and I enjoyed it...I'm ashamed of myself.

I'm really bad with sleep, this is how I usually do it, and I do usually survive, but sometimes I doze off by midday :$ That's why I hope Splatoon is here today, that will keep me up I guess. Probably won't be able to watch anything tonight, and I really wanted to finish Romeo by Saturday night! D: Effort and Guts....effort and guts...I can do it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

If you exhaust yourself you get to fall asleep whenever you want the following night, but getting one night of good rest doesn't change your habits if you're already suffering from a sleep disorder. Anecdotally, introducing the hormone the body produces at the onset of darkness in healthy people to the bloodstream at the appropriate time each night eventually reset my circadian rhythm more effectively than any other method I've tried. I'm skeptical of non-prescription supplements, but it's safer than self-imposed sleep deprivation.

It's slow, but the change was permanent for me. Until, of course, I intentionally wrecked it again because the majority of my online acquaintances were most active past my bedtime.

Man if you guys were as badass as me, you could go to bed at 5 in the morning and still wake up well 4 hours later AND fixing your sleep asap.

Baalzebup

Well, this session in Anime-GAF featured some more broken innocents and me being introduced to ME!ME!ME! (that was pretty awesome, really) and Apocalypse Zero (funny in that oldies ultra violence way). This was a good day. I shall retire for a couple of hours of sleep before I drag myself to work.

javac

I never saw anything wrong with mememe, I don't remember it being that crazy, but like I said, its 7am, shit might blow my mind if I see it right now.

I watched halfway through it while it was airing until I had to actually focus on school and I
really liked it and need to finish it

Well, I was enjoying it until halfway where it really just stops making any sense and all and becomes an incoherent mess. But it's also kind of interesting to watch that, I want behind the scenes on how it happened

It's slow, but the change was permanent for me. Until, of course, I intentionally wrecked it again because the majority of my online acquaintances were most active past my bedtime.

I sleep at a different time most days so I guess my body has just adapted to my bizarre schedule. Today (or technically yesterday now) I slept from 3PM to 8PM, but sometimes I start sleep at 1 PM or 5 PM depending on what I have to do and when I feel like sleeping. Sometimes I'll grab a few hours of sleep in the mornings etc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Then go buy more money or something.

Take days off of work. That's something I actually can't do :/

no vacation days here either. cryingeagle.gif

I sleep at a different time most days so I guess my body has just adapted to my bizarre schedule. Today (or technically yesterday now) I slept from 3PM to 8PM, but sometimes I start sleep at 1 PM or 5 PM depending on what I have to do and when I feel like sleeping. Sometimes I'll grab a few hours of sleep in the mornings etc.

Was doing 12-7AM when I finally fixed my sleep patterns through self-treatment, now I usually do something like 5-8PM then 5-8AM. I feel like death every morning because I'm the kind who needs about seven hours unbroken to feel okay; getting addicted to twitter was my downfall.

no vacation days here either. cryingeagle.gif

If only. I have zero sick time (had to use the last of it for dead people.) But I have plenty of vacation time since it's time I won't really use very much.

It's more like someone quit on my team, and I knew it for months. So right now, I'm the only full time person on my team that knows how everything functions. So I can't afford trips to the hospital or even a vacation day or everything is fucked due to missing a cog.

Did anyone post this?

Tatsunoko Developing New Speed Racer Series

Reminds me of a conversation about two months ago me, Corvo and Firehawk had about what Tatsunoko would do next after Yoru no Yatterman and Gatchaman Crowds Insight since we thought those series were generally enjoyable and fresh takes on old, old classics. I remember I thought the brief appearance of the Mach Five and Chim-Chim in Yatterman might point towards that.

Important detail - Tatsunoko confirmed the news but not what form it would actually take. Here's hoping for a new take on it like the Casshern, Yatterman and Gatchaman reboots.

Haly

You can also die if you misappropriate it.

Builds character.
I'm skeptical of non-prescription supplements, but it's safer than self-imposed sleep deprivation.

I guess I'm blessed in that I have never experienced anything close to a sleep disorder all my life (except maybe some excruciating post-surgery pain that kept me awake for a few days) so I've never needed to take anything for it.

It's always been a simple matter of whether I'm tired or not for me.

Haly

Instead, you read about the death of innocence in a wayward individual.

Anko

Well, is there actually ever actual sex in anime? Not really out of everything I've watched in the past few months, I can count on 1 hand how many shows have even coke close to showING anything related to it

ef-Memories
Cross Ange
School Days
SAO (most mild reference possible)
give me min here..
Monogatari Second Season
B Gata, (lol)

That's about it out of around 50-60 series..

Even out of thise, is there a single one that shows the act being done? (Without showing stuff of course) nope...
Valvrave.
I didn't watch this show but I remember /u/ going crazy over the protagonist raping the girl /u/ had their hopes pinned on being yuri.

Hibike Euphonium 8
Reina and Kumiko... I ship it. That scene with them together on the mountain was incredibly romantic. Their chemistry together is so good. I am going to be pissed when they inevitably put Kumiko with Suichi. Seriously, for me there is no going back after this episode.
The pain of being a yuri shipper. I know it so well. ;_;

She doesn't give a shit about him at this point. How are they going to convince us that she likes him with so few episodes left?! Even the Hazuki confession came a little too fast imo.

Thoraxes

That was awesome to read, thanks!
AWESOMEBEAR, when it comes to shows involving music, your reviews are the only ones that truly matter.
Another excellent post. The details and insights on brass instruments, underlying science, and music education are great!
I love your impressions for this show so much, keep it up!

At the music school I attended, solfege was mandatory for everyone regardless of the instrument they used, so it was fun for me to see that pop up again.
Awesome impressions for an awesome episode

I appreciate how much work you put into making these
I love your impressions of this show.
Thanks all! I really enjoy writing about this show! Sorry i'm so slow but I have to use up a free night after work to even be able to go through an episode, heh. Hopefully when I take my mini-vacation in June i'll get a nice chunk hammered out!

ibyea

Banned
Thanks all! I really enjoy writing about this show! Sorry i'm so slow but I have to use up a free night after work to even be able to go through an episode, heh. Hopefully when I take my mini-vacation in June i'll get a nice chunk hammered out!

I am grateful that you are doing it despite not having that much time. Those write up are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom