• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giant Robo - 1

CBwV_2WUAAE420b.png:large
CBwey4WUoAAkUFu.png:large

CBwlQGOUkAIfha8.png:large
CBwnXoLUEAAWNhm.png:large

Everything about this was amazing.

Asterisk war(IS mk2) staff and PV(Why english?)
http://asterisk-war.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLciugcAbzA

原作 三屋咲ゆう
(MF文庫J「学戦都市アスタリスク」KADOKAWAメディアファクトリー刊)
Based on story by Yuu Miyazaki
原作 イラストokiura
Original Character Design by okiura
総監督 小野 学
General Director Manabu Ono
監督 セトウケンジ
Director Kenji Seto
キャラクターデザイン・総作画監督 川上哲也
Character Design & Animation Director Tetsuya Kawakami
音楽 ラスマス・フェイバー
Music Rasmus Faber
音楽制作 フライングドッグ
Music Production FlyingDog
制作 A-1 Pictures
Produced by A-1 Pictures

The new UBW OP is indeed a big improvement over the first one. The first OP was just random scenes thrown together without any cohesion. The new one establishes the characters really nicely and has a good flow.
The new ED is mostly bland but has some nice scenes towards the end. But to be honest I'm pretty sick of those Kalafina songs.

Razmos

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too! Episode 1
Love it, it didn't miss a beat at all, straight back to what I liked about this anime.

Hachiman and Totsuka are the OTP by FAR. He's the only person Hachiman shows any real attraction too, and I'm loving how much it came up in this episode (and in a much lewder way too, having a bath together eh?)

Also this part gave me chills, loved it:
eg67MTu.png

So glad this is back, I had no idea there was going to be a season 2 until I saw it uploaded yesterday.

I like the new character designs too.

Re-Kan - 01

I didn't go into this with much in the way of expectations but I came out pleasantly surprised. The comedy was pretty on point throughout. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Puruzi

Banned
Re-Kan 1
It's funny, I like it.

Seraph of the End 1

I really didn't expect everyone to get murked, goddamn.

Midonin

The first week of new simulcasts is always the hardest as the sites have to get things set up.

That reminds me - no sign of a Denpa simulcast either. And I'm hoping for CR to announce they have Kinmosa before it debuts tomorrow.

Defuser

Seraph of the End ep 1
45 seconds in and theres flying cars and destruction, shit I didn't know the people of Fast and Furious are behind this. Man whats with studios keep casting Takahiro Sakurai to voice B/C-grade villains?
Overall this whole episode felt flat.

zulux21

assassination classroom dub ep 7
"they weren't just monsters, they were something worse than monsters... high school students."

it's been a long long long time since I heard a line that bad that wasn't trying to make a joke. Beyond that the episode had plenty of good moments, but man that was a really really bad line.

VRMN

assassination classroom dub ep 7
"they weren't just monsters, they were something worse than monsters... high school students."

it's been a long long long time since I heard a line that bad that wasn't trying to make a joke. Beyond that the episode had plenty of good moments, but man that was a really really bad line.

Behold, my problem with Assassination Classroom in general. It doesn't seem to know if we should be taking it seriously or not, so it flips between the two, often awkwardly. It's generally entertaining, but I don't know if I can call it good, per se.

zulux21

Behold, my problem with Assassination Classroom in general. It doesn't seem to know if we should be taking it seriously or not, so it flips between the two, often awkwardly. It's generally entertaining, but I don't know if I can call it good, per se.

I'm enjoying it for the most part. it's not great but it's at least amusing from time to time with a fun premise.

I'm not sure how long I would actually want it to go on for though. Unless something changes soon 26 eps would be like the max I would want to watch of the show, and as far as I know it's an ongoing manga in WSJ that is aiming to last for a long long time, so ideally we get to some arcs soon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too! Episode 1
Love it, it didn't miss a beat at all, straight back to what I liked about this anime.

Hachiman and Totsuka are the OTP by FAR. He's the only person Hachiman shows any real attraction too, and I'm loving how much it came up in this episode (and in a much lewder way too, having a bath together eh?)

Also this part gave me chills, loved it:
eg67MTu.png

So glad this is back, I had no idea there was going to be a season 2 until I saw it uploaded yesterday.

I like the new character designs too.
You're right about this moment... but I really hope that there's a payoff to all of Batman's machinations, especially given what I know of this current arc. The first season served as a more palatable version of Flowers of Evil/Aku no Hana, but it has to move beyond this sartorial and self-aware examination of public faces at some point.

Phatmac

Kinda odd how mediocre the songs are in UBW, compared to the godly soundtracks in the original Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. Imo the only lacking part in UBW. ;d
If they use Emiya then all will be forgiven. If not... :( But yeah the ost is fine but nothing memorable besides the last song for episode 12.

Ascheroth

I'm enjoying it for the most part. it's not great but it's at least amusing from time to time with a fun premise.

I'm not sure how long I would actually want it to go on for though. Unless something changes soon 26 eps would be like the max I would want to watch of the show, and as far as I know it's an ongoing manga in WSJ that is aiming to last for a long long time, so ideally we get to some arcs soon.

Not necessarily. Could very well end this or next year after the most recent manga chapters.
Anyway, there are some pretty cool arcs coming if I remember right.

Btw, hi AnimeGAF, I'm new here :)

Blusby

Kinda odd how mediocre the songs are in UBW, compared to the godly soundtracks in the original Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. Imo the only lacking part in UBW. ;d
I listened through the soundtrack and I have to say that I dug Fukasawa's work here a lot more than Kajiura's on Zero. Probably because of the diversity of the tracks and how it sounds a lot more ethereal which is more fitting for the setting imo.

javac

Patlabor 2 isn't fucking anything and I fully believe the entire point of the plot was exactly that.

PATLABOR: NOBODY IS FUCKING ANYBODY
You're crazy! Man one of the best anime films I've seen, bar none. Fuck, the animation, the soundtrack, the characters...fuuuccckkkk. So good. I find myself going back and watching the opening title sequence again and again periodically just because its so fucking good. One of the most intense and engrossing experiences I've ever had watching something, both physically and emotionally draining. Looks and sounds sublime on Blu-ray.

Giant Robo - 1
Everything about this was amazing.
You're in for a treat my friend, one of my all time favorites :)

I find it pretty strange. The soundtrack itself has several pretty good and noticeable tracks when I listened to it standalone, but they weren't that memorable themselves in the anime.

Blusby

I find it pretty strange. The soundtrack itself has several pretty good and noticeable tracks when I listened to it standalone, but they weren't that memorable themselves in the anime.

They made them nigh-inaudible in the tv broadcast, you can actually hear them in the BD release though.

Also mods I ask that you please open the F/sn thread again.

I was reading some of the ANN's impressions of the season, and I see the score inflation of video games industry has reached finally anime.

For example Zac murders the first episode of Seraph of the End here, and he gives it a... 2.5/5? Average? Really?? Because it sure sounded like 1/5 to me.

zulux21

Not necessarily. Could very well end this or next year after the most recent manga chapters.
Anyway, there are some pretty cool arcs coming if I remember right.

Btw, hi AnimeGAF, I'm new here :)

good to know. a show like this not going on forever is likely a really good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom