• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
Regarding the new Haruhi Suzumiya show, which I haven't read much about-- is it any good?

I liked the previous seasons and the movies, and I read all the light novels and liked most of that too. Does it still follow the novels?
I have a sneaking suspicion it's some odd fanservice season which may destroy my likings for the series forever. Is that true?

It's based on some fan fiction manga that takes place in the alt universe from Disappearance movie. Even with that silly premise, it's terrible, I quit after the first two chapters.

Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works 13

I liked this episode. The Saber thing is whatever. It wasn't the thing I was focusing on. Rather I was kinda stunned at the
Archer betrayal (though I expect there to be a different angle Archer is going for)
. So I wasn't expecting that. Faces were weird in episode 1 so I don't know why people are starting to bring that up now.

All in all. It was a good episode to kick of the second cour.

UBW 13

Praise Saber its good to have it back!

Gunslinger Stratos 01

I can already see the direction the plot is heading, but the first episode was good enough for me to continue with the series.

Seraph of the End 01

You know what this was something I was considering skipping because of the vampires nonsense and all. But something about this show has its claws in me that makes me want to see more. Maybe it was the very well done environments

phaze

Can we talk about how bad Toei is.

Toei gave us Kyousougiga and Mononoke. And Saint Seiya Omega. All is forgiven.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works 13
002853owuvq.png

Shirou baka ! Someone call Kirei as his services are urgently needed.

This pendant situation confuses me, he has two ? And how does he not know that it was Rin that saved him in the first episode.

Can't say I share the adulation for the OP. It's pretty good but still only on par with the first one. Naruto's (ED too) is better.

Mature

I do begin to think that my reaction is in part because I saw this thing last of all. Had I finished on movie 1 and never watched it, I'd have been happier, and if I'd only seen the movies, I might still have been happier. Maybe it's my exposure to the TV series where there was never anything this oppressive and where the focus was upon the lives of the cast, but I just kind of feel a story as markedly hopeless as this felt. This movie feels like if Kanuka had died at the end of the last movie and the whole point of the last movie had been telling you Kanuka didn't need to live anyway and at the end hey that's life sometimes you just have to kill your friend.
So you're saying it's my fault? Haha. Maybe I should reconsider the order I recommend...

It's actually funny that in your post you bring up the writers seeming like they want to wash their hands of Patlabor, because the currently on-going Live Action series is written in part by Oshii and the final part is going to be a sequel to the second movie. Which is kind of strange, since the only character still around from OG Pato is Shige with the rest of the characters being facsimiles of SV2.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I didn't think the faces were that bad in Unlimited Blade Works 13. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Caster-focused episode next week though.

The mouths still look real weird.

Toei gave us Kyousougiga and Mononoke. And Saint Seiya Omega. All is forgiven.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works 13

Shirou baka ! Someone call Kirei as his services are urgently needed.

This pendandat situation confuses me, he has two ? And how does he not know that it was Rin that saved him in the first episode.

Can't say I share the adulation for the OP. It's pretty good but still only on par with the first one. Naruto's (ED too) is better.
it'll be explained

Seraph of the End 01

You know what was something was considering skipping because of the vampires nonsense and all. But something about this show has its claws in me that makes me want to see more. Maybe it was the very well done environments

Yeah if there's anything that Seraph did right it was the background art, some really pretty stuff. Beyond that it felt very typical shounen and coupled with whats been shown in some of the PVs I don't think the immediate Attack on Titan comparisons are too far off the mark. Couldn't help but laugh when they brought up the
prophecy
though. It'll be a fun, dumb show to be my Saturday Aldnoah replacement.

Toei is just really bad at this whole computer animating thing. I hate the look of all their modern stuff.

More like Toei just doesn't give enough fucks to do it properly. I'm a huge fan of One Piece, and they really treat it terribly with awful pacing, direction, and animation most of the time. And it's not the only series they do badly

Theonik

Toei is just really bad at this whole computer animating thing. I hate the look of all their modern stuff.
This is not the problem at all. Toei has shown time and time again that they can produce good looking anime when they want to. The problem is they make tons of money by making tons of long anime other companies just can't afford to and cutting corners.

UtaPri s3 Episode 1
CBxMsigUAAAEVFU.jpg
CBxXpshUEAEE4nZ.png

Fantastic episode. I thought Quartet Night would be cast aside but wow to have them do the opening for this episode. The Dice Are Cast is a fantastic song and immediately catchy and worth relistening too. Then their dancing and the visuals for them. Loved the game room type place and the part in the middle with their faces on the dice, best .Ah and their outfits in their individual parts, Ranmaru Kurosaki's best and Ai Mikaze too.

Good standard episode, loved Syos, Ittoki, and Ren's part. The instrumentals for some songs were pleasing, Poison Kiss, Maji Love 2000%, and Crystal Time were my personal favorites.

Dont think revolutions is as good as Maji Love 1000% or Maji Love 2000% but it will probably grow on me later. Was disappointed it went the 3d route for their dancing though. Oh well at least they touched faces, and Syo and Ittoki seems to be partnering up which is a great changed. My two favorites. Can they get a duet this time?! Cecil even drew a heart between them.

CorvoSol

I should watch Patlabor. Was the second movie the one with the cut of the helicopter shooting the radio tower? Because that shit looked amazing.

Patlabor 2 is the one with the Helicopters, yeah. I mean, you'll notice I don't have any real complaints with the animation in it.

So you're saying it's my fault? Haha. Maybe I should reconsider the order I recommend...

It's actually funny that in your post you bring up the writers seeming like they want to wash their hands of Patlabor, because the currently on-going Live Action series is written in part by Oshii and the final part is going to be a sequel to the second movie. Which is kind of strange, since the only character still around from OG Pato is Shige with the rest of the characters being facsimiles of SV2.

I mean, Tomino wanted Gundam to end like a million times but he still kept going. Kojima wanted Metal Gear Solid to end a bunch of times too.

You make a cool giant robot anime and chances are you want out of it at some point.

Jarmel

Banned
Houston Day 2-

Well there you go, the LWA2 PV in all its glory: http://a.pomf.se/cikcmj.webm

Nishigori-I would like to draw cute girls all the time but don't want to be thought of as a creep so I do draw bishoujous
-For PSG, thought it would be interesting chemistry to mix cute girls with american comic taste of Imaishi crew. Considered it a good experience.
- "Working on new project with crew" but working on Ninja Slayer and LWA2 right now

Koyama-For Obake-chan, worked pretty well and satisfied with results. Being a director was quite hard and I don't think I can bash on the director for future works.
-In the industry people might take me as a serious guy because I worked on BH6 but I'm not. Mind works like Inferno cop.
-We were only spending one hour per week on Inferno Cop
-Honda drew the ending bit for Obake-chan
-Wants to continue making bad anime
-Is probably going to be leaving TV for a bit and will be helping out with a few movie titles. One of which will be announced shortly.

Yoshinari- LWA2 nowhere near done
Wakabayashi- Corrected Yoshinari about completion of LWA2 and saying they are finished up to the after recording session
Murase-Sucy shines most when she's not in the spotlight but personally wants more spotlight
Yoshinari-lol nope She 's weird and works best on the sidelines
Murase-Sucy showed more feelings

How production for LWA 2 compares to 1:

Yoshinari-I thought it would be more laidback but the producer is strict. Can't do anything *joke
Wakabayashi- For LWA 1, we were expected to come before lunch, finish before a certain time and actually go home.
-Foreign concept. Animators usually come in late afternoon and work through the night.
-Waking up in the morning was torture.
-Emphasis on the shifts for Mirai being hard on them.

Sushio- Had to rely more on Imaishi and Yoshinari than he expected for KlK and was a bit disappointed in himself. He thought he could 'drive' the production through his skills.
Yoshinari-I'm usually very hard on Sushio but thank you[Sushio] for always helping out. Sushio is a very talented man.
Sushio-There was a time when I wanted to quit the industry but Mr.Yoshinari encouraged me to continue on.
Sushio-I was jealous of Yoshinari's wife. The wife stole Yoshinari away from him.

Gunslinger Stratos 01
Face/Off
Plastic Memories 01
Don't tell me they will take away her memories by the end of this and it'll be all sad. : (

Leap of faith

ibyea

Banned
Plastic Memories 1
Hey, it's decent, and the robot departure at the end was appropriately emotional. They sure took care to animate that crying scene at the end very well. The generic comedy didn't do much for me and it mostly involves obnoxious personalities, although
Isla's escalating gifting attempts at getting grandma to invite them in so they can take the robot was pretty good.
. So far this protagonist is kind of stupid,
asking the grandma to replace the android with human emotions with a replica. Even I would know not to do that!

Verdict: Watching it.

Midonin

So that just leaves Yamada and Triage as far as shows I'm watching go, and it's all but certain they'll both be simulcast.

Will nobody stream poor Vivio?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Shokugeki no Soma is a vile piece of programming and should not be allowed anywhere near a place that children can so easily have access to it, television. I hope the Japanese government takes the appropriate measures to stop such production from continuing because it reflects on the reputation of their country and they risk becoming the laughing stock of the world.

Not once between coming home and preparing the meal did the boy wash his hands. Food hygiene is serious and broadcasting something so flippant is an utter disgrace.

Plastic Memories - 01

I was pleasantly surprised by this. The first scene is awful though, but keep watching. It was cute, with a fun cast and had touching sad moments. A good mix of comedy and drama. Though I can already expect how this show is going to end.
With people bonding with their androids like family, the departure can create some dramatic situations. Give this a watch!
"Bye-bye!" ;________;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Plastic Memories seems like it could be a decent high concept scifi show, based on some of the ideas that were brought up in movies like Blade Runner or A.I. I just hope the fact that it's anime doesn't drag it down too much though, but an episode about androids being retired and the emotional bonds that humans make with androids isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Besides, it can't be worse than Almost Human I suppose. lol

Jarmel

Banned
So I somehow failed at getting all the stuff signed that I wanted due to idiotic con policy but I was also still successful at the same time. I'm confused.

Anyway I'll attempt to upload scans of the LWA artbook when I get back home.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh and since people are trolling, Trigger Girls was not brought up at the panel other than the art displayed on April Fools. It was never mentioned during the panel.

There was no confirmation or even suggestion that it's the Imaishi short anime in October.

Tuck

Fate Stay Night UBW - 13
Mixed. Wasn't as exciting a follow-up the the mid-season finale as I expected. The dialogue isn't great, I'll admit. But that aside, I am fully invested in the actual story. The fact that Rin and Shirou have so completely and utterly shit the bed makes me very eager to see where the story goes from here.

Also Shirou senpai chose the wrong girl, damn it.

ibyea

Banned
Seraph of the End 1
Oh boy, is the protag gonna be a one track mind one like in Attack on Titan? I hope not. The best part about the show is definitely the art. The backgrounds are beautiful and it is reminiscent of late 90s anime. It seems typical shonen, but the first episode has drawn me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom