• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wait which post?

I feel like I watched the 00 movie almost 2 years ago. Just remembering it reminds me that I wish to triple down on what I have said before: Gundam 00 is the absolute worst Gundam product ever made. Yes, even worse than Stardust Memory, AGE, and Destiny combined.

But is it worse then Gundam Build Fighters Try?

Is this just a case of bad adaptations with Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes or are the VNs bad too? I was always interested in checking out the Chaos;Head VN.

CorvoSol

But is it worse then Gundam Build Fighters Try?

Try is a half-assed, heart-breaking train wreck but it's still better than 00 because at least even after Try begins to crash and burn it still makes a basic amount of sense.

00 wants you to believe 500 years ago a man predicted a space flower would help a giant robot pilot become a superhuman fueled by solar energy particles and make peace with sentient metal from beyond jupiter.

And that's only the movie bullshit. 00 the series wanted you to believe that an actual terrorist would sit around and be like 'yeah i love war' and then Setsuna's nonstop bitching about God because God was Embryo-Sama or Hallmark Gift Cards or some dumb shit. Also a girl with one hand used drugs to grow it back and become a super skilled pilot even though she had never touched a giant robot before

oh or how about that fucking romance between two completely uninteresting and uninvolved characters that took up a hilarious amount of the plot

or how about the worst fucking song to ever be sung by 43 year old women pretending to be a choir of children somehow granting a giant robot the power to teleport to victory in a fight

or the way the entire first season was ripped off from FMP and Wing

or how the second season wanted to desperately be Zeta Gundam even though holy shit the last thing this franchise needs is more UC wanking

or how the one good female character in the series instantly changed her name to something much wussier and subsequently became a total waste of space the moment she shacked up

or hal and al

or tits mcgee crying every time her fucking psychohistory failed even though it is impossible to make that shit work

or how they killed off characters and brought them back to life with identical replacements all the fucking time

00 Gundam is the worst Gundam thing ever made.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Try is a half-assed, heart-breaking train wreck but it's still better than 00 because at least even after Try begins to crash and burn it still makes a basic amount of sense.

00 wants you to believe 500 years ago a man predicted a space flower would help a giant robot pilot become a superhuman fueled by solar energy particles and make peace with sentient metal from beyond jupiter.

And that's only the movie bullshit. 00 the series wanted you to believe that an actual terrorist would sit around and be like 'yeah i love war' and then Setsuna's nonstop bitching about God because God was Embryo-Sama or Hallmark Gift Cards or some dumb shit. Also a girl with one hand used drugs to grow it back and become a super skilled pilot even though she had never touched a giant robot before

oh or how about that fucking romance between two completely uninteresting and uninvolved characters that took up a hilarious amount of the plot

or how about the worst fucking song to ever be sung by 43 year old women pretending to be a choir of children somehow granting a giant robot the power to teleport to victory in a fight

or the way the entire first season was ripped off from FMP and Wing

or how the second season wanted to desperately be Zeta Gundam even though holy shit the last thing this franchise needs is more UC wanking

or how the one good female character in the series instantly changed her name to something much wussier and subsequently became a total waste of space the moment she shacked up

or hal and al

or tits mcgee crying every time her fucking psychohistory failed even though it is impossible to make that shit work

or how they killed off characters and brought them back to life with identical replacements all the fucking time

00 Gundam is the worst Gundam thing ever made.

Indeed, I am just tired of the hyperbole behind that series, it is beyond nauseating when compared to the true shitpiles of Gundam.

Jarmel

Banned
Wait which post?

I feel like I watched the 00 movie almost 2 years ago. Just remembering it reminds me that I wish to triple down on what I have said before: Gundam 00 is the absolute worst Gundam product ever made. Yes, even worse than Stardust Memory, AGE, and Destiny combined.

Truly one of your masterpieces:

Part 1

Part 2

This thread reminds me that I need to finish my drunken rewatch of 00 and the movie. Got through the first season rewatch sober, but I needed some help getting through the second season and I think I stopped with <5 episodes left of the series.

Also, hello new OT!

CorvoSol

Narag

Indeed, I am just tired of the hyperbole behind that series, it is beyond nauseating when compared to the true shitpiles of Gundam.

Yet 500 year old dude predicting a space flower is still more believable than Yuuma sacking up and beating the Tryon 3.

Gundam SEED - 26

Man I forgot how awesome Mu la Flaga was in this show.

Next episode seems to be the one where
Kira and Athrun face off
, and I've been told that's one of the really good moments of SEED, so my expectations have been set accordingly.

Saudades

That avatar reminds me, has there been any news on Despera?
Finally my avatar is fulfilling its original purpose.
Yep, but nothing since then...
The fact that the new director announcement was made in an offhand comment in one of ABe's live drawing worries me. And the fact that it went under the radar for 3 months before they start reporting the news worries me even further.
Heck even if we don't get Despera I'd still be satisfied with ABe going back to the anime business again.

Clannad Rant is another beauty!

The funny thing is, some of his complaints with the show actually have some explanations (whether they're justifiable or not is entirely up to you) to them. I just don't bring it up because quite frankly, I think he's had enough of Clannad and should watch better shows.

Speaking of better shows, I checked out the intro to that 2004 Tetsujin show, and it made me realize that Super Robot anime dated back even further than I thought after doing some research.

I had no idea it started as a black and white robot anime from the 60s of all things!

I mean, the opening is a remixed version of its opening from the 60s, how awesome is that?

Midonin

Milky Holmes TD 12

One of the things I like about Milky Holmes is its flexibility. The wacky first two seasons may be what the Western fandom knows best, but the closer to the games world of Alternative, and even We Are, all are equally valid interpretations. And while this was made to promote the new online game, I'm sure the question of "What tone do we take?" was hovering over the showrunners' heads.

Having an ongoing plot with humor similar to the first two was a good compromise. Marine was the one with the plot on her shoulders, leaving Milky Holmes free to make all the jokes. And in the end? It worked out pretty well. Having the final episode be a simple duel between MH and Arsene and company, for the first time in a while, gave the feeling that things will be as they always are, and that the story can (and probably will) be revisited at any time.

I would like G4 and the Phantom Thieves to play larger roles, but as long as it keeps itself interesting. It's still Milky Holmes, I still like it, and I'm glad I was able to watch it.

cj_iwakura

I really hope it still works out. It'll be hard to top Nakamura. Then again, that depends on what sort of anime they want Despera to be. Hopefully there's an update soon.

The art gives off a mystery/suspense vibe. I don't think it'll be creepy like Lain. It seemed to have a more light-hearted spin, what with the piloting artwork.

Tenumi

Banned
In all seriousness brass is the best class of instruments and doesn't get enough love so Euphonium will be worth at least a look to me.

No. Percussion is the best.
I am totally biased as a former percussionist.

I hope I can really get back into the swing of things. Gotta get Nisekoi finished before the new season starts! I've been holding off on continuing Digimon Frontier because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom